BEYBLADE: Metal Saga/Shogun Steel/BeyRaiderz/Cyborg

So my second point stands. Actually, yes, you can call something a bey if it doesn't spin like a top. Just because for some reason it bothers you, doesn't mean it can't be done. So they're called "beys" even though they don't spin. Who cares? I think you should read a bit more carefully. Maybe they're called beys because they are part of the beyblade franchise.

Also, these percieved "attacks" are just that, perceived. I am not personally attacking you, I am pointing out what I think are discrepancies in your argument.

Jinbee I quite liked the anime. Yes the characters were ripoffs, but so were MFB's. Yes the story was cheesy, but so was MFB's. What I liked about it was this. Hasbro, not putting in too much effort, made a TV show that had actual character development, interpersonal conflict that seemed real, and (one upping MFB) no really annoying voice actors.

Of course Beyraiderz took that, ate it, excreted it, and proceeded to bash it with a flathead shovel multiple times.
(Jan. 04, 2015  7:56 PM)Dual Wrote:
So my second point stands. Actually, yes, you can call something a bey if it doesn't spin like a top. Just because for some reason it bothers you, doesn't mean it can't be done. So they're called "beys" even though they don't spin. Who cares? I think you should read a bit more carefully. Maybe they're called beys because they are part of the beyblade franchise.

Also, these percieved "attacks" are just that, perceived. I am not personally attacking you, I am pointing out what I think are discrepancies in your argument.

Jinbee I quite liked the anime. Yes the characters were ripoffs, but so were MFB's. Yes the story was cheesy, but so was MFB's. What I liked about it was this. Hasbro, not putting in too much effort, made a TV show that had actual character development, interpersonal conflict that seemed real, and (one upping MFB) no really annoying voice actors.

Of course Beyraiderz took that, ate it, excreted it, and proceeded to bash it with a flathead shovel multiple times.

I know Beywheelz was suppose to be part of the Beyblade franchise but like I said with my first comment, it should be it's own franchise. If it were, it would actually be a pretty decent stand alone franchise but the fact that it is part of the Beyblade franchise...I just can't see it.
Just clarifying, so if it was its own franchise, you would have liked it, but since it's part of beyblade, you don't? Even though it would have brought no changes to the toy itself.
(Jan. 04, 2015  8:03 PM)Dual Wrote: Just clarifying, so if it was its own franchise, you would have liked it, but since it's part of beyblade, you don't? Even though it would have brought no changes to the toy itself.

I don't hate it, I just don't respect it. Your right, it probably would not have changed my opinions or the toys. But if they made to a stand alone franchise, at least the Beyblade would not change into a different direction such as vehicles like BeyRaiderz (which I do actually hate). At least if Beywheelz wasn't part of Beyblade, Beyblade would not have changed from a spinning top franchise to a wheels or a vehicle kind of franchise. I don't feel Beyblade is a spinning top franchise anymore, it feels like they added new things that made Beyblade go into radical direcions.

Anyways, I got way too off-topic and it was my fault because I kept this conversation dragging. Anything new about Beywarriors: Cyborg? Because I have not seen it for a while.
(Jan. 04, 2015  7:56 PM)Dual Wrote:

Before I explain why Beywheelz wasn't that good, MFB I wouldn't call a ripoff because it's a reboot meant to appeal to a new generation of audience, but you could say it was if it was meant for long time fans, at least if you were saying MFB was ripping of the Old Gen. They weren't really too identical in personality to me.

Beywheelz, I didn't like it because it was so boring, the show became too repetitive and some characters were pretty forgettable. Yes I agree that it is cheesy and MFB was as well but that's only based on personal taste, as I mentioned, MFB was a new generation but Beywheelz was in that same generation and the ripoffs stuck out like a sore thumb, it's probably to identify a character and their Beywheelz, but Jin was an awesome character because he was kind and likable, he wasn't a dragon emperor which I'm not a fan of, unlike Sakyo. I'm glad Jin wasn't an overpowered jerk, unlike Ryuga, and Covey at times was funny, I guess Ryan had a few good moments, that's it, the rest were forgettable and the villains were pretty stock, and Covey and Leon were way too similar for my tastes, same with David and Owner of Gil(Forgot his name).

The battles were pretty weird, yeah MFB has it's share of stupidity, like when they break down a metal door with a beyblade, but again that's a matter of opinion. Beywheelz could move around which is fine as it makes battle longer but it looks ridiculous to me, and if there's anything I'm irritated about in both this and especially MFB are the Ginga or Sho fanboys, it's fine to have them but it's way too cheesy and they always say something like "Woah, it's the Gingka." like he is some sort of god, and now looking back, Sho's fans aren't that bad. When I say Fanboys I don't mean actual people but the anime people.

I don't hate the show as much as I did, but it's not something I watch but at least it's better than Beyraiderz and on par with Zero G.
The fact that it was a reboot is a much worse excuse to copy characters than spin-off. A spin-off is a side attraction, not meant to make the most money. MFB was.

As for the characters, I must disagree. The brothers had some of the best interpersonal drama I believe can be expected of a show for a toy. Sho was much less annoying compared to Ginga, and the lack of "beyspirit" made me happy. Jin was a solid character, Leon was a character full of pride, but he learned to overcome this to help others, and I could go on.

It all comes down to preference I guess, but I thought the characters and plot were fairly solid, for a spin-off of a series about a spinning top.
(Jan. 04, 2015  8:11 PM)MissKarat Wrote: I don't feel Beyblade is a spinning top franchise anymore, it feels like they added new things that made Beyblade go into radical direcions.

I totally agree with this ^

Can't we all just agree that they should've just stuck with Beyblade, And shouldn't have made BeyRaiderz & BeyWheelz.
No, I don't agree. Beyblade is still beyblade. It is still the main focal point of the franchise. It wasn't doing well, Hasbro wanted some more money, they made it.
(Jan. 04, 2015  8:30 PM)TeamAgroBlast Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2015  8:11 PM)MissKarat Wrote: I don't feel Beyblade is a spinning top franchise anymore, it feels like they added new things that made Beyblade go into radical direcions.

Can't we all just agree that they should've just stuck with Beyblade, And shouldn't have made BeyRaiderz & BeyWheelz.

Agreed. Argument solved Smile
(Jan. 04, 2015  8:26 PM)Dual Wrote: The fact that it was a reboot is a much worse excuse to copy characters than spin-off. A spin-off is a side attraction, not meant to make the most money. MFB was.

As for the characters, I must disagree. The brothers had some of the best interpersonal drama I believe can be expected of a show for a toy. Sho was much less annoying compared to Ginga, and the lack of "beyspirit" made me happy. Jin was a solid character, Leon was a character full of pride, but he learned to overcome this to help others, and I could go on.

It all comes down to preference I guess, but I thought the characters and plot were fairly solid, for a spin-off of a series about a spinning top.

I suppose it's worse that a reboot is a ripoff as it's pointless to be a reboot that way, but MFB really wasn't that much of a ripoff, Kyoya was pretty much the only one, but it's meant for a new generation.

Sho is definitely better than Gingka but can come off as a brick as he is pretty bland to me at times, Jin wasn't amazing or anything but he is a good character, Leon is eh, he does learn to be helpful but he's just not that interesting to me. The interaction is better I will admit unlike MFB where it's almost always the same IMO. I wasn't expecting much from the series and the characters felt too much like MFB ones, and it's not because they are copies etc but because they act similar, I can't explain it but the Old Gen and MFB has different dialogue and reactions, I loved the Old Gen series because it wasn't as stale as MFB, with MFB, it's gasping reactions and talking about Beyblades the whole time, the old gen just seemed more variable, and Beywheelz just didn't have dialogue too distinguished from MFB. Anyway, the DNA Bladers are still the worst and most boring nonetheless.
Whilst I'm not a fan of Beywheelz, if anyone wants me to give my personal redeeming values of Beywheelz...here it is:
Toys
• Visuals - The toys do look nice. The colours match a lot of the Beywheelz (Especially Striker and Pegasus) although some I feel don't...I'm looking at Destroyer and Kerbecs (although Kerbecs still looks cool)
• Few moments of fun - Whilst I thought the toys overall not spectacular, there is one thing thats fun about them and that is that you can set up a race track with obstacles and then have a race with them. It's the only time I had fun with Beywheelz.

The Show
• Good female characters - You all know I hugely despised female characters from MFB (Because I like female characters in anime) such as Hikaru and especially that AWFUL Ren because they were both weak and both sucked...well...Beywheelz actually got it right because Nicole is actually a capable and skilled player and Ren was just weak, useless and annoying. I even liked Lucy because she was a villian and having a female villian is cool (although Selen was a slap in the face).
• Sho is not as bad as Gingka (In Beywheelz at least) - Sho does not have broken skills which will always dominate his opponents. He has more development whethers Gingka has little to none because he was strong from the start which bored me to death. Sho has shown to struggle in his first battles but gets stronger whilst Gingka uses his blader spirit carp to beat everyone.
• Jin - I liked Jin, he was cool but he does not have to be a power-hungry, left-rotating obsessed freakto be cool. He is understanding and he does seem to be one of the few original characters.
• The battle with Sho and Ryan - The settings that took place of their battle looks amazing. It is all techno and suitable.
• The voices suit each character - MFB had characters such as Benkei and Takanosuke who had unsuitable voices in the dub. Beywheelz actually had voices which suited each character.

I'm not saying I like or hate Beywheelz. I'm just not that into it but at least it is watchable unlike BeyRaiderz (who no-one can change my opinion on because of how much I hated it).
(Jan. 04, 2015  8:46 PM)MissKarat Wrote: Whilst I'm not a fan of Beywheelz, if anyone wants me to give my personal redeeming values of Beywheelz...here it is:
Toys
• Visuals - The toys do look nice. The colours match a lot of the Beywheelz (Especially Striker and Pegasus) although some I feel don't...I'm looking at Destroyer and Kerbecs (although Kerbecs still looks cool)
• Few moments of fun - Whilst I thought the toys overall not spectacular, there is one thing thats fun about them and that is that you can set up a race track with obstacles and then have a race with them. It's the only time I had fun with Beywheelz.

The Show
• Good female characters - You all know I hugely despised female characters from MFB (Because I like female characters in anime) such as Hikaru and especially that AWFUL Ren because they were both weak and both sucked...well...Beywheelz actually got it right because Nicole is actually a capable and skilled player and Ren was just weak, useless and annoying. I even liked Lucy because she was a villian and having a female villian is cool (although Selen was a slap in the face).
• Sho is not as bad as Gingka (In Beywheelz at least) - Sho does not have broken skills which will always dominate his opponents. He has more development whethers Gingka has little to none because he was strong from the start which bored me to death. Sho has shown to struggle in his first battles but gets stronger whilst Gingka uses his blader spirit carp to beat everyone.
• Jin - I liked Jin, he was cool but he does not have to be a power-hungry, left-rotating obsessed freakto be cool. He is understanding and he does seem to be one of the few original characters.
• The battle with Sho and Ryan - The settings that took place of their battle looks amazing. It is all techno and suitable.
• The voices suit each character - MFB had characters such as Benkei and Takanosuke who had unsuitable voices in the dub. Beywheelz actually had voices which suited each character.

I'm not saying I like or hate Beywheelz. I'm just not that into it but at least it is watchable unlike BeyRaiderz (who no-one can change my opinion on because of how much I hated it).

Who say the main character Always has to develop ? Is That a rule? Gingka was a strong blader, but there were plenty of stronger bladers than him, who he had to learn to defeat. And Yes the series does revolve around Gingka, But we still can't forget about Kenta! I mean, he was there from the start, the guy came in & he was total trash! but look at him now. I think most of the "character development" you were looking for revolved around Kenta. Smile
Well a character with no development, especially a main character with no development, makes for a very monotonous and boring plot. Also, Kenta's development was very interspersed and uneven. It wasn't satisfactory, at least not to me.
(Jan. 04, 2015  8:46 PM)MissKarat Wrote: Whilst I'm not a fan of Beywheelz, if anyone wants me to give my personal redeeming values of Beywheelz...here it is:
Toys

The Show

Actually, Ginka has struggled a lot in his past and Hyoma beat him everytime andhe was weak. The reason Ginka seems to be strong in the first place is as they show him after he's become strong. He has also lost a fair amount of battles and he still has problems, like when in his first battle with Ryuga I was like"Um, dude? is this Ginka guy possessed or something?"
(Jan. 04, 2015  9:13 PM)Galaxynovapegs Wrote:
Toys

The Show

Actually, Ginka has struggled a lot in his past and Hyoma beat him everytime andhe was weak. The reason Ginka seems to be strong in the first place is as they show him after he's become strong. He has also lost a fair amount of battles and he still has problems, like when in his first battle with Ryuga I was like"Um, dude? is this Ginka guy possessed or something?"

Yes but we never see that, and his first impressions make him seem like a winner most of the time.

Always predictable, an opponent closes his/her eyes and says "Looks like I win" but Gingka says "Not quite" and blabs about Blader Spirit and all that stupid nonsense and it's so repetitive and boring.
(Jan. 04, 2015  9:17 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2015  9:13 PM)Galaxynovapegs Wrote:
Toys

The Show

Yes but we never see that, and his first impressions make him seem like a winner most of the time.

Always predictable, an opponent closes his/her eyes and says "Looks like I win" but Gingka says "Not quite" and blabs about Blader Spirit and all that stupid nonsense and it's so repetitive and boring.
It's not "stupid nonsense" as you put it, in the anime world itself. Also, it doesn't matter much as Ginka is only shown in half of the episodes and much less battling and winning.
Not all the time ^ and theres way more battles we watch, other than Gingka's, Like Kyoya's, Kenta's, Tsubasa, Ryuga's, & Yu's, & Etc...

(Jan. 04, 2015  9:22 PM)TeamAgroBlast Wrote: Not all the time ^ and theres way more battles we watch, other than Gingka's, Like Kyoya's, Kenta's, Tsubasa, Ryuga's, & Yu's, & Etc...

In Response To JinbeeTheShark
@Galaxynovapegs But we aren't in the anime world. The beyspirit crud was really really annoying, and laughable.
(Jan. 04, 2015  9:22 PM)TeamAgroBlast Wrote: Not all the time ^ and theres way more battles we watch, other than Gingka's, Like Kyoya's, Kenta's, Tsubasa, Ryuga's, & Yu's, & Etc...

My thoughts exactly.

(Jan. 04, 2015  9:24 PM)Dual Wrote: @Galaxynovapegs But we aren't in the anime world. The beyspirit crud was really really annoying, and laughable.
That "crud" isn't even mentioned in 40% of the episodes.
P.S: beyspirit isn't "crud". It can also mean your interest in beyblade or how enthusiastic you're about it (beyblading).
(Jan. 04, 2015  9:24 PM)Galaxynovapegs Wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

(Jan. 04, 2015  9:24 PM)Dual Wrote: @Galaxynovapegs But we aren't in the anime world. The beyspirit crud was really really annoying, and laughable.
That "crud" isn't even mentioned in 40% of the episodes.

My thoughts exactly ^ lol
I'm allowed to say the Beyblade Spirit thing is stupid because I have an opinion, it's repetitive and cheesy.

Yeah, there's many battles but the ones with Gingka are frequent and nearly always the same, Ryuga isn't much better in this case, infact he is worse because he overpowers everything and their battles are so tedious to watch. The battles you mention don't drag out as long as Gingkas, and OF COURSE there's going to be a lot of battles from what you have listed, because there's a lot of characters you listed. Gingkas battles only ever develop himself a few times and mostly it's pointless.

I'm starting to really appreciate Sho and Jin, especially Jin.
(Jan. 04, 2015  9:28 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: I'm allowed to say the Beyblade Spirit thing is stupid because I have an opinion, it's repetitive and cheesy.

Yeah, there's many battles but the ones with Gingka are frequent and nearly always the same, Ryuga isn't much better in this case, infact he is worse because he overpowers everything and their battles are so tedious to watch. The battles you mention don't drag out as long as Gingkas, and OF COURSE there's going to be a lot of battles from what you have listed, because there's a lot of characters you listed. Gingkas battles only ever develop himself a few times and mostly it's pointless.

they(each of the battles except the ones that were tooo easy and quick and weren't even considered battles-like when ginka shot his bey at benkei and the others to save Kenta.)develop him a lot but you just rarely get to completely be able to see it. As for Ryuga I agree though there are but few episodes showing him battling and he lost 2 of them(vs Ginka and vs Rago).
Yeah, but look at Takao, he is developed as we watch him, just because Gingka develops off screen doesn't make it good, because we are suppose to follow the main character as we watch them, Takao develops well and we watch as he does, and in a way, we are suppose to relate to him, and Gingka is too unnatural IMO.
(Jan. 04, 2015  9:34 PM)Galaxynovapegs Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2015  9:28 PM)JinbeeTheShark Wrote: I'm allowed to say the Beyblade Spirit thing is stupid because I have an opinion, it's repetitive and cheesy.

they(each of the battles except the ones that were tooo easy and quick and weren't even considered battles-like when ginka shot his bey at benkei and the others to save Kenta.)develop him a lot but you just rarely get to completely be able to see it.
The battles are mostly obvious. Ginkga on a 30 episode win= will lose very soon;after=Win every battle except against Ryuga. Other characters=bey spirit determines Speechless
The beyspirit gets annoying like Jinbee said and the anime isn't great because of that. It is cheesy and the battle were ok, but not really any new ways of attacking. But, some are decent.
(Jan. 04, 2015  8:32 PM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote:
(Jan. 04, 2015  8:30 PM)TeamAgroBlast Wrote:

Agreed. Argument solved Smile

(Jan. 04, 2015  9:02 PM)TeamAgroBlast Wrote:
Toys

The Show

Who say the main character Always has to develop ? Is That a rule? Gingka was a strong blader, but there were plenty of stronger bladers than him, who he had to learn to defeat. And Yes the series does revolve around Gingka, But we still can't forget about Kenta! I mean, he was there from the start, the guy came in & he was total trash! but look at him now. I think most of the "character development" you were looking for revolved around Kenta. Smile

Gingka is the focus character here. A lot of children's anime OR just anime in general has development for the focus character like Shaman King, original Beyblade, Battle B-Daman, Cross Fight B-Daman (which came out two years later), Medabots, Sonic X, Scan2Go, and even Beywheelz has development. There could be more but you get the point.