TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

(Aug. 18, 2015  3:49 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is mostly just Valkyrie's, since its teeth are longer than 'normal' :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblade...Discussion

Huh... I don't know what to say about burst after all the breaks and what sniper said on sunday... I hope TAKARA-TOMY fixes these issues quickly as possible...
(Aug. 18, 2015  3:53 PM)Siⱺn Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2015  3:49 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is mostly just Valkyrie's, since its teeth are longer than 'normal' :

Huh... I don't know what to say about burst after all the breaks and what sniper said on sunday... I hope TAKARA-TOMY fixes these issues quickly as possible...

I would really not listen to Sniper though, and I think "all the breaks" is really exaggerated because besides Valkyrie Layers, those who have broken anything else played way too much with their items. This is a strong series, there is no reason not to seize it.
(Aug. 18, 2015  3:55 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2015  3:53 PM)Siⱺn Wrote:

I would really not listen to Sniper though, and I think "all the breaks" is really exaggerated because besides Valkyrie Layers, those who have broken anything else played way too much with their items. This is a strong series, there is no reason not to seize it.

Yeah, you're right. Besides, valkyrie only wears down to teeth like Ragnaruk, so... it doesn't make Valk useless
(Aug. 18, 2015  3:53 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: Huh... I don't know what to say about burst after all the breaks and what sniper said on sunday... I hope TAKARA-TOMY fixes these issues quickly as possible...

I'm going to quote myself again, since I already answered this:

Quote:I would really like the WBO to be a place where people can enjoy Beyblade Burst while also holding Takara Tomy accountable for their poor design decisions. Conspiracy theories like this don't help anyone. Please refrain from posting them.

The sales that come from the Beyblade product line's good reputation are worth far more than nickel-and-diming hardcore players.

To say that T-T intentionally designed this product poorly just to push a few more spinning top sales is absurd.

I can understand and totally empathize with those who decide not to pursue Burst until they see these issues resolved, so my only hope is that T-T does that them seriously.
(Aug. 18, 2015  3:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2015  3:53 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: Huh... I don't know what to say about burst after all the breaks and what sniper said on sunday... I hope TAKARA-TOMY fixes these issues quickly as possible...

I'm going to quote myself again, since I already answered this:

Quote:I would really like the WBO to be a place where people can enjoy Beyblade Burst while also holding Takara Tomy accountable for their poor design decisions. Conspiracy theories like this don't help anyone. Please refrain from posting them.

The sales that come from the Beyblade product line's good reputation are worth far more than nickel-and-diming hardcore players.

To say that T-T intentionally designed this product poorly just to push a few more spinning top sales is absurd.

I can understand and totally empathize with those who decide not to pursue Burst until they see these issues resolved, so my only hope is that T-T does that them seriously.

It was a shock to me as well, but I say it adds another variable, and doesn't kill competition. Just makes you work on finding the harder to burst top.. ehh... Maybe we shouldn't worry about the wear too much... the plastic is so much more durable than that in mfb...
Yeah it is really only Valkyrie that has its performance effected by tooth wear. And the launchers skip, while there is an easy fix for that. If you are really that worried about it, just don't buy valkyries. I was looking at my Kerbeus layers last night, and there is really no visual difference in the teeth on my almost brand new one and my layer that I have launched over 1000 times. Now that is pretty amazing
I don't want to say it's only Valkyrie that wears down. Technically they must all wear down, but to different degrees. Glad to hear that Kerbeus' wear seems non-existent, though I would like to do some tests, too.

Quote:but I say it adds another variable, and doesn't kill competition. Just makes you work on finding the harder to burst top.. ehh... Maybe we shouldn't worry about the wear too much... the plastic is so much more durable than that in mfb...

I wouldn't say it's a positive element for competition, and while the Layer's outer shell are durable, its teeth or not.

I think what I'm noticing here is that everyone is desperate to jump to conclusions, and everyone is also desperate to classify Burst as "good" or "bad", and summarily either discounting its serious flaws or acting as if those flaws are the only thing that matter in Burst.

It's OK to like Burst and also think it has some serious issues.
Well right. They all wear down to some extent, but it seems that Valkyrie is the only one that has it's performance seriously effected by the wear
I'm looking forward to testing that!
I did a few short comparison tests last night to form that opinion but nothing formal. I found it hard to justify losing tooth wear, for the sake of studying tooth wear. Lol. I will get more brave with my newer layers when my 2nd deathscyther and 3rd set of everything else comes in
at now I could say after over 160 launches performed with my Beylauncher there is no significant wearing teeth on my Spriggan Kerbeus and Ragnaruk. but my Valkyrie I used it 5 times and he burst one time and I already See Wear on so I think in general Wearing Teeth is not so important at now, but not for Valkyrie, unfortunatly.
TAKARA-TOMY has created a Twitter campaign, encouraging fans to tweet about about their pride of Beyblade. They basically want to fill up a bar of "Burst Level" (similar to a bar keeping count of donations up to a target number). The goal just appears to be 1000 tweets, or at least once one thousand is reached, a prize winner is picked out of those thousand at random. The campaign lasts from August 18th to September 18th and they will communicate with the winner around the end of September or the beginning of October.

There are prizes, apparently a complete set of Bakuten Shoot Plastic Beyblade recolours, which is very anachronistic :

[Image: shohin2.png]

As well as 20 B-01 DX Starter Valkyrie Wing Accel.

You first have to follow TAKARA-TOMY's official Twitter account : https://twitter.com/takaratomytoys

Then you need to tweet a photograph of Beyblade (mostly your favourite Beyblade out of all the series) with the hashtag "#自慢のベイブレード" (proud of Beyblade). There is a series of other hashtags you can use, but the aforementioned is the main one and I think that the others are optional.

More details here : http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/beycampaign/
They were definitely appealing to nostalgia with this campaign (which is already over, I think). Saw a lot of people tweeting their old thoughts about Beyblade. But excitement for Burst seems legitimate, too.
I think it just started ... ? Perhaps it was not official before.
I wonder if they'll ship internationally, and not just Japan.

People can easily cheat with the twitter thing, I wish there was a better way somehow, other than that it looks like a cool campaign!
Ah, you're right. My mistake!
(Aug. 20, 2015  4:22 PM)LMAO Wrote: I wonder if they'll ship internationally, and not just Japan.

People can easily cheat with the twitter thing, I wish there was a better way somehow, other than that it looks like a cool campaign!

Personally, unlike with the 'game' to win Umaterios, I would totally participate and just give OkinawamTS's address or another Japanese address you know you can trust if you ever win. They will most likely never ship outside of Japan, especially since this is only written in Japanese and that the hashtag is just in Japanese.
A tweet is also a lot easier to do then gaining 3000 points, it's at least worth the try, (even if it is like a 25/1000 chance).

Great idea! If I do win somehow, I'll let Oki know.
Oh great! I was about to ask this same question
http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/beycampaign/

How many times can we have to tweet? Just once ?
(Aug. 22, 2015  5:32 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: Oh great! I was about to ask this same question

Yes, I doubt you can just SPAM and get more entries.
Must. Get. Another. Colored. Grip Attacker.
(Aug. 22, 2015  5:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2015  5:32 AM)ashton pinto Wrote: Oh great! I was about to ask this same question

Yes, I doubt you can just SPAM and get more entries.

LOL
OK ya.. Will be just posting once
Already shared this with a lot of friends
Just a note, you can't win if you're not a resident of Japan.
(Aug. 22, 2015  7:26 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Just a note, you can't win if you're not a resident of Japan.

Yeah Pinching_eyes_2
If ever someone wins outside of Japan,
Not sure who can help with the address as a middle man
Oki might help ? Or rider proxy
Anyone else
I dunno if an address would be enough in this case. I think you might actually need to be a Japanese resident to claim the prize.