World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... (/Thread-If-you-could-change-or-add-one-thing-to-the-WBO)

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - th!nk - Jun. 19, 2011

I've been thinking (and please, no one take this to heart): maybe the introductory PM needs some work. This is based on the PM I received, so if it's out of date, I apologise Smile

1. I don't know if it now carries a (Read This) or the like, but if not, it needs to carry some indicator that new users must read it, instead of the plain "Welcome to the WBO". Titling it "Read This" or the like, would be a good idea. It gets rid of the vibe of an easily ignored "hi, enjoy your stay" type message.

3. Also, as it's been a while since I signed up, if it's not there, maybe the importance of reading that PM needs to be made more visible throughout the sign-up process.

4. As far as I know, there is no way to read an up-to-date version of the introductory PM. We need a "thread" or even better, a page for it. A "Guide to the WBO (Read This Before Posting)".

One thing I have seen that was absolutely brilliant, was a thread that users had to read, and post that they had read and understood it before a moderator gave them the ability to post elsewhere on the forum.
We could do that with the "Guide to the WBO thread", maybe?

Maybe, some instruction hidden in the text to tell them to do something that wouldn't show publicly, but could be checked by Mods, like, PM an account set up just for that, just to enjoy they actually read it.

You then have the issue of newbies PMing you asking "Y I NO ABEL 2 POST". You need to make it very obvious that they must post in that thread to enable posting, to minimise this.

A lot of mod-work, of course (some of it may be able to be automated, not sure), but it's all just an idea.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Justaway - Jun. 20, 2011

I wish for a like button yet again...this post of th!nk is amazing...and I would ad that a guide should also make out listings of what to post in which thread because I end up posting some combo related questions in Ask a Question get an Answer sometimes...and even the confusion between when to use Questions about the WBO and Ask a Question Get an Answer thread should be solved(in case it is ... my bad but I didnt find it so I would appreciate if you post a link).

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - th!nk - Jun. 20, 2011

Hah, naww. Actually, I would use and appreciate a like button, but mods have said no. I know ot failed once, but now facebook is more popular, it may work better. Can we definitely not give it one more shot?

It's made pretty clear in the welcome PM, but I think the description of "ask a question, get an answer" (in said PM) could be improved.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Deikailo - Jun. 20, 2011

A like button would cut down on spam, I think.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - LeoneLione - Jun. 20, 2011

I agree, it will stop newbies from saying in one post only "cool" or "awesome".

Also, why are PM's disabled by default? It's kinda ludicrous.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - BladeStorm - Jun. 20, 2011

(Jun. 20, 2011  6:46 PM)th!nk Wrote: Also, why are PM's disabled by default? It's kinda ludicrous.

Last time I remembered, it was the opposite.

Nah, new users PM's are disabled by default. I've had to instruct someone on how to do it in an irrelevant thread, so our discussion wouldn't clutter it further Tongue_out
AD has never liked it, either, he mentions it a lot. It's either that, or something that is set at sign-up that isn't really worth having in the sign-up, as people don't understand. Who uses a forum these days and doesn't expect PMs?

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Kai-V - Jun. 21, 2011

(Jun. 20, 2011  7:41 PM)th!nk Wrote: Nah, new users PM's are disabled by default. I've had to instruct someone on how to do it in an irrelevant thread, so our discussion wouldn't clutter it further Tongue_out
AD has never liked it, either, he mentions it a lot. It's either that, or something that is set at sign-up that isn't really worth having in the sign-up, as people don't understand. Who uses a forum these days and doesn't expect PMs?

Seriously, that option is automatically checked when you sign up, so all of those are idiots who are also antisocial. I have no sympathy for them at all.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - th!nk - Jun. 21, 2011

Ahhh, I see. Fair enough, I'd gathered it was default. My bad Smile

Also, I was thinking, a thread, for WBO-Related random thoughts. Like, I've noticed mods have been really quick with deleting terrible posts lately, and saw some guy say he used SW145 for stamina in "build me a combo"... Somewhere to talk or laugh about that would be cool, but I don't really know if it'd be truly worthwhile, and it also leaves the chance of mod-hate" posts (or, more specifically "KIE-V I CHALLENG U TO BEYBATTLE TO DECIDE I R RIGHT") posts. Of course, the OP could say "Don't do this or you'll be warned", but we all know how many people read those.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Sniper - Jun. 24, 2011

I think that the WBO should have an I.D system just like schools and workplaces have but just for tournaments. I think it would make info input and match ups alot faster cause in a way its like a beypointer but just a card. essentially it would hold the passport holders information, all of its battles and it points (lmao just like pokemon!) but i know its a bit far fetched but think about it it could work

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Pimpju - Jun. 24, 2011

What possible information is needed?

We only need that you're in the area for the tournament, your username, and who you won or lost to.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Azlanslayer - Jun. 24, 2011

I think we need a spoiler code (Like Bolding a word) when we want to post things. Instead of typing [spoiler] [  /spoiler] . The new forum members would stop askong how to do spoilers..

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Kai-V - Jun. 24, 2011

(Jun. 24, 2011  10:51 AM)Azlanslayer Wrote: I think we need a spoiler code (Like Bolding a word) when we want to post things. Instead of typing [spoiler] [  /spoiler] . The new forum members would stop askong how to do spoilers..

I am not sure that can easily be added. You mean adding a small icon next to the quote thing, above where you write your post ?

Anyway, believe me, a lot of people would still ask. Some of them have no idea how to post pictures, yet there is a clear picture frame icon with moutains and a sun, and if they moved the house over it, they would see the obvious description : "Insert image".

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - cubanblader69 - Jun. 25, 2011

i think well since theres new beyblade like hell kerbex and anubis and more beyblade i think we should put new avatars because we have to give the bladers something new dont you think.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Callum6939 - Jun. 26, 2011

I think there could be a WBO advertisement scheme, maybe, like the selling thread, or getting competitive.

maybe a little motto Cute

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - th!nk - Jun. 29, 2011

I'd rename the "Welcome to the WBO" PM "READ THIS" or something. Unless this has already been done.

And, I'd post it in it's own thread. I know I've said this before, but it's very little work, I'd think, and we can link new users directly to it when it's obvious they haven't read their PM.

A little work for a fair bit of benefit IMO. Please?

Heck, you could even send a separate "welcome, enjoy your stay, read the PM that says READ THIS, or you'll probably get warned" message, to maintain an air of friendliness Tongue_out

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Sniper - Jun. 29, 2011

I think that the WBO should have more equality between bladers of a higher rank and bladers of a lower rank. Seriously threads like combo testings aren't used anymore because bladers of lower rank cant get their combos tested either because no one wants too or because they think its a mediocre combo. Also when a blader of a lower rank posts a thread in customizations they get penalized when they don't have enough testing or someone will say "oh has it been tested against LLD or MLD if not it should be closed or then its not good and even if they ask someone if they can test it it never gets done but if someone of a higher rank or is more well known everyone jumps on the gun to stop what their doing to go help with tests. lol sorry if it feels like im venting its just been on my mind lately

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Kai-V - Jun. 29, 2011

(Jun. 29, 2011  10:31 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: I think that the WBO should have more equality between bladers of a higher rank and bladers of a lower rank. Seriously threads like combo testings aren't used anymore because bladers of lower rank cant get their combos tested either because no one wants too or because they think its a mediocre combo. Also when a blader of a lower rank posts a thread in customizations they get penalized when they don't have enough testing or someone will say "oh has it been tested against LLD or MLD if not it should be closed or then its not good and even if they ask someone if they can test it it never gets done but if someone of a higher rank or is more well known everyone jumps on the gun to stop what their doing to go help with tests. lol sorry if it feels like im venting its just been on my mind lately

Or "bladers of a lower rank" indeed suggest poor combinations, what is this coincidence ?

If you want to get to a higher rank, you need to buy an attack stadium and test for yourself...

They wouldn't get tested if they followed the correct guidelines, but I will admit those guidelines must be made clearer.

Lol @ Kai-V's response.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - BladeStorm - Jun. 29, 2011

(Jun. 29, 2011  10:31 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: I think that the WBO should have more equality between bladers of a higher rank and bladers of a lower rank. Seriously threads like combo testings aren't used anymore because bladers of lower rank cant get their combos tested either because no one wants too or because they think its a mediocre combo. Also when a blader of a lower rank posts a thread in customizations they get penalized when they don't have enough testing or someone will say "oh has it been tested against LLD or MLD if not it should be closed or then its not good and even if they ask someone if they can test it it never gets done but if someone of a higher rank or is more well known everyone jumps on the gun to stop what their doing to go help with tests. lol sorry if it feels like im venting its just been on my mind lately

It isn't about rank, it is more about ego and recognition.

How many of the top 10 UK players parade themselves on the customisation forums?

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Sniper - Jun. 29, 2011

(Jun. 29, 2011  10:37 PM)th!nk Wrote: If you want to get to a higher rank, you need to buy an attack stadium and test for yourself...

They wouldn't get tested if they followed the correct guidelines, but I will admit those guidelines must be made clearer.

Lol @ Kai-V's response.

lol @ Kai-V but seriously for the ones that dont post horrible combos they'll get looked at by a couple of people and then walk away. @ Th!nk I have a ATK stadium >_< i just dont have duplicate parts or parts of higher costs like pre-hws libra haha even though my birthday is tomorrow i probably wont get enough money to get another stadium

Ahh. Fair enough. Still, if the testing newer members do is good enough, I'm happy to accept it, with the proviso that they can provide evidence, because, quite simply, if results look suspicious, I'm probably going to trust someone like Dan or Kei (as ill advised as that may be in some cases, ahah) than someone I don't know.

That said, it is true "Parts Testing Requests" has died. I think we need something new maybe, but yeah. What happens is that most of us tire of the requests because so many of them are stupid.

BTW, please don't miss my suggestions... Cute

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - myjuto - Jun. 30, 2011

you need to make a toptier list to be refreshed

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - th!nk - Jun. 30, 2011

You need to make a proper attempt at intelligibility.

From a rough guess of what you're saying, here's a reply: We have a top tier list, it's not updated as the committee wants to keep it accurate and require a lot of testing. I have misgivings about this, but ahh well Tongue_out