World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... (/Thread-If-you-could-change-or-add-one-thing-to-the-WBO)

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Pyro - Jan. 17, 2011

(Jan. 15, 2011  9:43 PM)ZE12O Wrote: I personally would like a push notification for iphone/black berry/android users.

What would there be to notify?...

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Deikailo - Jan. 17, 2011

(Jan. 17, 2011  5:00 AM)Pyro Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2011  9:43 PM)ZE12O Wrote: I personally would like a push notification for iphone/black berry/android users.

What would there be to notify?...
PMs, I would assume.

Check the app marketplace, there might be something for MyBB

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Ga' - Jan. 17, 2011

(Jan. 07, 2011  11:36 AM)Ricko Wrote: so shouldn´t we have a Portuguese Forum? it´s the seven language more talked in the world! portuguese is talked on Brazil Portugal and SOUTH AFRICA! all south africa!! we really should have a Portuguese Forum... i think that´s a change that should be made... i´m Portuguese.. Dan is an older member and is Portuguese member.. and i´m sure there´s a lot of brazilian and MAYBE african members too.. but Brazil is a great country! and our language is too...

Then by your reasoning, we should have a hindi, tamil, bengali, etc. forums because there are members of the WBO who speak these languages. I am Indian myself, and one of these people. Plus, Hindi is 4 most spoken, so wouldn't that have more priority then Wink ? It's okay to have national pride, but try to keep your reasoning strong. There are plenty of flaws in that. Beyblade was and still is quite popular in India, you can still find plastics in the market! It's spoken in many place too, including the tens of thousands of Indians that live in America and still speak Hindi. Does that constitute an immediate need for a forum in this language? no, it doesn't. So why should you be any different, especially if you're one of the few vouching for this idea?

तो फिर अपने तर्क द्वारा, हम एक हिंदी, तमिल, बंगाली है, आदि मंचों चाहिए क्योंकि वहाँ WBO जो इन भाषाओं में बात की सदस्य हैं. मैं अपने आप को भारतीय हूँ, और इन लोगों में से. इसके अलावा, हिंदी चौथी सबसे बोली जाने वाली भाषा है, इसलिए नहीं कि अधिक होगा प्राथमिकता है तोWink? यह ठीक है राष्ट्रीय गौरव है, लेकिन अपने तर्क को मजबूत रखने के लिए प्रयास करें. उस में खामियों के बहुत सारे हैं. Beyblade था और अभी भी भारत में काफी लोकप्रिय है, तुम अब भी बाजार में प्लास्टिक पा सकते हैं! यह कई जगह में बोली जाती है भी भारतीयों के हजारों है कि अमेरिका में रहते हैं और अभी भी हिन्दी बोलने की दसियों भी शामिल है. यह नहीं है कि इस भाषा में एक मंच के लिए एक तत्काल आवश्यकता का गठन? नहीं, यह नहीं है. ताकि आप किसी भी अलग क्यों होना चाहिए, खासकर अगर आप इस विचार के लिए कुछ प्रत्ययन से एक रहे हैं?

^I rest my case.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Poseidon - Jan. 17, 2011

the advanced forum being open to more people this would make a wider range of opinions

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - th!nk - Jan. 17, 2011

It will become more varied as more users are accepted under the current system.
Though, I think maybe a separate forum for users who are obviously not stupid would be a nice idea, for the rest of us Smile An intermediate forum, perhaps? It'd be nice to be able to post without having to explain myself over and over.

Another option might be a donors forum, it'd cut down on spam posts a bit, and encourage users to follow the rules, or they'd lose access, and thus the money they'd spent (yeah, I nicked the idea from Something Awful). It'd also help raise revenue for the wbo Smile

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Kai-V - Jan. 17, 2011

(Jan. 17, 2011  5:48 PM)wolborgMS Wrote: the advanced forum being open to more people this would make a wider range of opinions
We already have a good variety of people from both sides of an arguement in my opinion, and there is obviously a reason why not many more members are allowed in ...

MeteorKing Wrote:Another option might be a donors forum, it'd cut down on spam posts a bit, and encourage users to follow the rules, or they'd lose access, and thus the money they'd spent (yeah, I nicked the idea from Something Awful). It'd also help raise revenue for the wbo
That could make us look like greedy people ... Some members are already so-so with the idea of an entry fee in tournaments.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Deikailo - Jan. 17, 2011

(Jan. 17, 2011  7:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Some members are already so-so with the idea of an entry fee in tournaments.
Really? I don't think people understand how much time it takes for you to enter in everybody's wins and loss, hows much the program costs, and what money goes into maintaining the website...

If they think you're greedy, sucks to be them, no donor forum. Surely that's not the opinion of anyone whose opinion really matters?
Also, if they don't understand the time and effort that goes into this, surely that just means the donor forum will be less full of ill thought out posts. A lot of forums these days have them. Plus I think many would find the reward of a less clogged forum rather worthwhile.

I think a donor forum may lead to elitism.

A better way to increase revenue may be to have maybe a monthly raffle for newly released or otherwise rare Beys.

The whole point is to have a more exclusive forum, the revenue is just a bonus Smile

(Jan. 17, 2011  7:17 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: The whole point is to have a more exclusive forum, the revenue is just a bonus Smile
Yeah, the WBO already has one - the advanced forum.

I think having to earn your way in through proof of knowledge beats paying to get in any day.

Yes, but that's hard to get into, this would act as an intermediate forum of sorts, one less clogged by newbies with repetitive questions Smile The advanced forum is great, but I doubt I'm alone in wanting something between that and the flood of spam etc. And a donor forum is easier to implement than an intermediate user forum, as it doesn't require anywhere near as much staff work.

Yes, I like having a forum for knowledgeable users, but what I'm proposing doesn't involve losing that, we can have both.

Kai-v, if you think public opinion might be negative, you could always make a poll Smile

Edit: if I stop replying I'm probably sleeping, but I'll come back to this tomorrow

(Jan. 17, 2011  7:26 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Yes, but that's hard to get into, this would act as an intermediate forum of sorts, one less clogged by newbies with repetitive questions Smile The advanced forum is great, but I doubt I'm alone in wanting something between that and the flood of spam etc. And a donor forum is easier to implement than an intermediate user forum, as it doesn't require anywhere near as much staff work.

Yes, I like having a forum for knowledgeable users, but what I'm proposing doesn't involve losing that, we can have both.
So what you're suggesting is three different Beyblade forums to discuss the same thing, essentially....

Why don't you just up your game and work hard to get into the advance forum like everyone else did?

Ouch, man, my attack stadium is in the mail, and there are plenty of knowledgeable users (momiji manju, dan, nojo, you, to name a few) who haven't met the requirements, many of whom I'm sure get tired of the spam. This gives them somewhere to talk intelligently without being interrupted by the flood of spam/newbie posts, as they work towards becoming advanced members.

Yeah, three forums seems redundant, but with so much spam, I really think it's viable, if we want to keep the advanced forum pure yet give members who contribute somewhere to host intelligent discussion without being bombarded by the latest "try my dark wolf t125wd that beat lldrago 100rf in ptw" kind of post.

old beys - the true blade - Jan. 17, 2011

if i could add anything it would probly be a forum especialy for the older beyblades cos i dont really know much about metal fuisen but i do know alot about the older beyblades so please can you try to make it a possibility :-)

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Temporal - Jan. 17, 2011

There are threads scattered around about them, but MFB is the priority because they are the most recent, plus the standard tournaments require their use.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Mind Crush! - Jan. 18, 2011

i think, change the fact that the mods are so damn intolerant. thats about it. thats about the only thing i dont like about the site. everything else is good

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - th!nk - Jan. 18, 2011

They're harsher here than other places because of the spam and stupid posts. Personally, I've never had trouble with them, so if you have, you probably did something wrong.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Kai-V - Jan. 18, 2011

(Jan. 18, 2011  8:59 AM)Mind Crush! Wrote: i think, change the fact that the mods are so damn intolerant. thats about it. thats about the only thing i dont like about the site. everything else is good
Considering you do not even have one warning, I think you are exaggerating ... Plus, the rules are clear, it is not like we were warning people for things we always hid from them.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Yami - Jan. 22, 2011

what about Judging Rules?

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Nano - Jan. 22, 2011

Kai-V and I were talking about having a separate thread for music not to long ago. I think it would be a great idea.

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Kai-V - Jan. 22, 2011

(Jan. 22, 2011  7:20 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: what about Judging Rules?
Impartiality, rigor ... ? Seriously, you observe facts, there is not much else to say in my opinion ...

Nano Wrote:Kai-V and I were talking about having a separate thread for music not to long ago. I think it would be a great idea.
I thought it was supposed to be a separate forum, not thread ?

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Yami - Jan. 22, 2011

(Jan. 22, 2011  3:30 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 22, 2011  7:20 AM)Galaxy4ever Wrote: what about Judging Rules?
Impartiality, rigor ... ? Seriously, you observe facts, there is not much else to say in my opinion ...

let say 1st rule Basic 2nd rule understand what you doing 3rd rule when judging and playing the game you have rounds you can play for points ( eg. 4 rounds you can only play or etc.)

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - Nano - Jan. 22, 2011

Kai-V
Whoops I made a typo.
But will we do it?

RE: If you could change or add one thing to the WBO ... - chocolate-frog - Jan. 23, 2011

it could could have a place for people to sign up to tounoments held by local kids and a map for the citys that there in and a list that has visual appeal that shows the people with the most points and the town/city/state/country they live in witch one they provide is optional