World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
eBay Topic - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Bey Marketplace (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Bey-Marketplace)
+--- Thread: eBay Topic (/Thread-eBay-Topic)

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - Oct. 05, 2013

(Oct. 05, 2013  4:52 AM)The Bishop Wrote: Off Topic

Seems sad to split them all up honestly Unhappy
I'm trying to comprehend the thought process, you got one out of box then decided you had to have one NIB? Regardless, i can only imagine the endless hours spent online. Dedication.

I can think of worse things to spend money and time on.

You pretty much nailed it. Wanted one to look at and battle and another NIB for the collection - probably doesn't make sense to most rational people. I've always been nit-picky about the condition of things I value.

And in response to your off topic:

Ice Blue Wolborg MS

Dragoon MS (RBA1 Red)

Check other listings for Gabriel, Dark Draciel, and Still have a Dragoon GT Advanced Starter Set. Don't forget it's 8% off to purchase paypal direct (send me a pm).

RE: eBay Topic - Infinity Lazer - Oct. 05, 2013

(Oct. 05, 2013  2:32 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: It says we can't view the listing.

The problem with that is that he'll have to ship to so many different people.

sporkseller: Personally, I would break the stuff into about 10 big lots, and let people make offers on them. You may make slightly less money, but it'll be easier, and will probably go quicker.
oops sorry wrong link I ment this one Tired www.ebay.com/itm/BEYBLADE-Metal-Fusion-BB-76-Galaxy-Pegasis-Deluxe-Set-/280797970862

RE: eBay Topic - TimeOut - Oct. 05, 2013

sporkseller, so are you basically selling off everything?

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - Oct. 05, 2013

(Oct. 05, 2013  10:08 PM)Time Wrote: sporkseller, so are you basically selling off everything?

I probably will not sell my MFB stuff (other than some stadiums) since I use them with my son still pretty often and he'll still do some tournaments I think. The other series (plastics / HMS) my head is telling me it's time to jump off the train before it goes over a cliff. EVERYTHING...I'm not quite ready to say that but definitely a majority of it. If I had to guess, I'd say I'll keep 6~7 NIB items from each series and probably half of the stuff that's assembled. It's still a bit up in the air, but I'm hoping to decide and post everything before the weekend is up.

Now that I think about it, I should have put my 'proof' paper in the photos I took. Now I have to pose them all again when I sell them here.

RE: eBay Topic - Robsta - Oct. 06, 2013

(Oct. 05, 2013  11:06 PM)sporkseller Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2013  10:08 PM)Time Wrote: sporkseller, so are you basically selling off everything?

I probably will not sell my MFB stuff (other than some stadiums) since I use them with my son still pretty often and he'll still do some tournaments I think. The other series (plastics / HMS) my head is telling me it's time to jump off the train before it goes over a cliff. EVERYTHING...I'm not quite ready to say that but definitely a majority of it. If I had to guess, I'd say I'll keep 6~7 NIB items from each series and probably half of the stuff that's assembled. It's still a bit up in the air, but I'm hoping to decide and post everything before the weekend is up.

Now that I think about it, I should have put my 'proof' paper in the photos I took. Now I have to pose them all again when I sell them here.

Do you plan on selling your Uriel 2?

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - Oct. 06, 2013

(Oct. 06, 2013  4:13 AM)Robsta Wrote: Do you plan on selling your Uriel 2?

To be perfectly honest, money talks on the super rare stuff. Send me a pm if you'd like to discuss a possible purchase.

@All:
Lowered many prices on eBay and posted a few more new ones. Dragoon GT Adv Starter Set would be $515 via direct paypal transaction!!

Posted a large lot of brand new bit chips:

eBay Bit Chip Lot

RE: eBay Topic - Epic Blader - Oct. 07, 2013

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Genunine-Taraka-Tomy-Beyblade-Metal-Fusion-BB-BBG-Zero-G-Series-Lot-New-/360700064288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=630144038902&hash=item53fb663220
zero g metal faces for 1 usd! I bought two, tried to convince my dad to let me get three, but he said no...Unhappy

RE: eBay Topic - Tri - Oct. 07, 2013

I could've sworn that was already posted here. Maybe it was in recent beyblade purchases, haha, I don't remember.

RE: eBay Topic - 6 God - Oct. 07, 2013

It was recent Beyblade purchases lol by Ultimiteorion.

RE: eBay Topic - Epic Blader - Oct. 07, 2013

ah, sorry about that, i didn't know.

RE: eBay Topic - Tri - Oct. 07, 2013

It's all good, I was just confused seeing it again, haha.

RE: eBay Topic - Kevo - Oct. 07, 2013

(Oct. 07, 2013  1:15 AM)Epic Blader Wrote: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Genunine-Taraka-Tomy-Beyblade-Metal-Fusion-BB-BBG-Zero-G-Series-Lot-New-/360700064288?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=630144038902&hash=item53fb663220
zero g metal faces for 1 usd! I bought two, tried to convince my dad to let me get three, but he said no...Unhappy
Good thing I have money to spare. Im going to buy 3. Smile

RE: eBay Topic - Cannon - Oct. 07, 2013

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-ORIGINAL-HASBRO-DRAGOON-V-A-41-BEYBLADE-/271289240838?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item3f2a194d06&_uhb=1

The description is sooooo exaggerated.

I guess it's just a copy + paste of the description to every one:
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=dogadug&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=beyblade&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Anyways this is a lot I need to get rid of:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BIG-Beyblade-Lot-GENUINE-Plastics-MFB-HMS-Collection-/171142134425?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Classic_Toys&hash=item27d8ddba99&_uhb=1

Bargain for Australian's, not so much for Worldwide due to shipping. Anyone who is interested in a BIN price, feel free to PM me or offer. Smile

There's a 0 feedback bidding on it .. ugh I think i'll cancel it.

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - Oct. 10, 2013

I'd like to submit this comment on the eBay "Global Shipping Program":

Earlier today I sold a Dranzer MF to a chap from Italy, who purchased through the aforementioned eBay Global Shipping Program (eGSP for short).

Here's how I had it listed:

Buy it now price: US$120
US shipping: $2.92
International shipping through eGSP (I can't see the price of this - eBay decides it)

After the buyer completed checkout, I sent a message saying "hey thanks, I'll include a free (HMS) launcher and ripcord..."

He responded "why - because I paid you so much for shipping?"

In reality, I received a total payment of US$122.92, and instructions to ship the item to eBay's international forwarding center in Erlanger, KY USA (The US$2.92 covers shipping to there). However, the buyer was charged more than US$54 in shipping. When eBay provided him a breakdown that reflected about US$35 for international shipping (a little more than double the actual cost for me to ship direct to Italy), and the worst part they charged him $19 for just the US shipping!!! That means eBay is charging about $37~$40 extra to use the eGSP for this item. I know hey have some costs to manage their warehouse and everything, but they charged almost half the total purchase price for the service!

Let's recap eBay's "take" for this transaction:

$54 for shipping
$9.84 final value fee (8% of total sale price including my shipping cost)
$3.69 paypal fee (3% of total sale - yes, eBay owns Paypal)
$67.53 total
- $2.92 (what they paid me for shipping)
- $12 overseas shipping (it would cost me about $14 or $15 total to ship an HMS bey to Italy)
- $6 warehouse / forwarding cost (estimated, but we all know how efficient modern logistics is)

= $46.61 profit

I'm telling you, if any of you have an idea how to build a competing auction site then you'll have more than half of eBay's sellers on there within 6 months.

Oh yeah, my profit?

I paid $110 for that Dranzer MF.

Sell price + shipping charge = $122.92
- $9.84 (final value fee)
- $3.69 (PayPal fee)
- $2.92 (I still have to pay for domestic shipping)
= $106.47 is my "keep" meaning a $3.53 LOSS. Not a huge deal, but kinda bothers me when eBay makes over $40 profit just for managing a communication and shipping channel.

No matter what the item or price, ultimately feeBay is the big winner. And how many sales are they killing by gouging buyers on shipping fees? I'd strongly encourage anybody here to make deals with me through PM and paypal direct. I cannot control eBay's shipping quote, but I can sure as heck control my own if transactions take place outside of it (eBay) - or better yet just list a flat international shipping charge and refund if/when the total is a little less.

The above is a bit of an (informational) rant, but something I thought the community ought to be made aware of. There is value in what eBay does, but my goodness gracious that's a ballsy fee structure!

RE: eBay Topic - th!nk - Oct. 10, 2013

I imagine it 's partially due to that change USPS made a while back where priority is now the cheapest service with registration or some other security measure for shippers (which has greatly increased the cost of beys from the limited number of us sellers who deign to ship to places outside the states and maybe Canada) , but nonetheless a program that means extra shipping cost and time for the in-us shipping to eBay sounds like a terrible deal for buyers and therefore sellers too.
That said assuming I'm right about registration, from what I've seen in many listings requiring registration for shipping to Italy seems to be the norm at least.

But $19 for domestic us shipping? Hahahahahaha oh wow that may actually be worse than what we pay for domestic down under.

RE: eBay Topic - Kai-V - Oct. 10, 2013

I recently experienced that new global shipping program, and while shipping did not cost that much, it was rather alarming when I saw that Paypal had given the wrong adress to the seller wihout telling me first.

Hey, you can always only sell Beyblades here, hah.

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - Oct. 10, 2013

(Oct. 10, 2013  6:53 AM)th!nk Wrote: I imagine it 's partially due to that change USPS made a while back where priority is now the cheapest service with registration or some other security measure for shippers (which has greatly increased the cost of beys from the limited number of us sellers who deign to ship to places outside the states and maybe Canada) , but nonetheless a program that means extra shipping cost and time for the in-us shipping to eBay sounds like a terrible deal for buyers and therefore sellers too.
That said assuming I'm right about registration, from what I've seen in many listings requiring registration for shipping to Italy seems to be the norm at least.

But $19 for domestic us shipping? Hahahahahaha oh wow that may actually be worse than what we pay for domestic down under.

Yes, I've noticed the same thing about Italy. As a matter of fact, I've had almost half of my sales to Italy returned to me due to "nonexistent address". From a USA origin, registered mail is a flat $13 addition to the normal shipping charge. So for me to have sent that package to Italy registered mail, it would have been right around US$27. Perhaps eBay is merely doubling the cost and keeping half of the total. Grazzi eBay, grazzi...

It definitely bears further information though - I'd be curious to know what the eGSP charge for non-Italians, though I'm personally going to deselect GSP as the international method for all fixture listings...and current ones if i get around to it. I'd rather lose a dollar or two on shipping than give eBay an extra $30 (not to mention - like you said - buyers may simply stop buying).

At least 40% of my sales go overseas so I will have to figure it out. It's super easy to list an item on eBay using my iPhone - but in a perfect world people would shop on eBay and buy from me here because it's better for both parties (cheaper for buyers and image wise better for me because they'll know I'm not trying to stick it to them on shipping).

RE: eBay Topic - genbull9817 - Oct. 10, 2013

I'm looking for a flash leopard 2 with launcher but ebay is so expensive is thier anyone willing to sell me one?

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - Oct. 11, 2013

(Oct. 10, 2013  9:42 PM)genbull9817 Wrote: I'm looking for a flash leopard 2 with launcher but ebay is so expensive is thier anyone willing to sell me one?

There is one posted here in this lot:

Beyblade Lot B (eBay)

It's far left in the middle row. Current bid for the whole thing is only $6!

RE: eBay Topic - th!nk - Oct. 11, 2013

(Oct. 10, 2013  9:12 PM)sporkseller Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2013  6:53 AM)th!nk Wrote: I imagine it 's partially due to that change USPS made a while back where priority is now the cheapest service with registration or some other security measure for shippers (which has greatly increased the cost of beys from the limited number of us sellers who deign to ship to places outside the states and maybe Canada) , but nonetheless a program that means extra shipping cost and time for the in-us shipping to eBay sounds like a terrible deal for buyers and therefore sellers too.

Yes, I've noticed the same thing about Italy. As a matter of fact, I've had almost half of my sales to Italy returned to me due to "nonexistent address". From a USA origin, registered mail is a flat $13 addition to the normal shipping charge. So for me to have sent that package to Italy registered mail, it would have been right around US$27. Perhaps eBay is merely doubling the cost and keeping half of the total. Grazzi eBay, grazzi...

It definitely bears further information though - I'd be curious to know what the eGSP charge for non-Italians, though I'm personally going to deselect GSP as the international method for all fixture listings...and current ones if i get around to it. I'd rather lose a dollar or two on shipping than give eBay an extra $30 (not to mention - like you said - buyers may simply stop buying).

At least 40% of my sales go overseas so I will have to figure it out. It's super easy to list an item on eBay using my iPhone - but in a perfect world people would shop on eBay and buy from me here because it's better for both parties (cheaper for buyers and image wise better for me because they'll know I'm not trying to stick it to them on shipping).

It shouldn't be too hard to experiment with seeing as eBay lets buyers select their country on the auction page, though it doesn't give a breakdown. If you want a hand working out breakdowns (I'm willing seeing as I have a vested interest if eBay is ripping off non-US buyers), we could probably work something out with a couple of dummy accounts (seeing as a seller selling a bunch of dummy listings to someone with the same IP address would probably attract attention from ebay), shoot me a PM some time and we can set aside some time for a little investigative work.
Or at least I can give you some advice/pointers (I need some info on how things are on the seller's side to work it out) for doing said work with someone you trust to do so, if you're less than keen on working with me (which I would totally understand).

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - Oct. 11, 2013

(Oct. 11, 2013  7:00 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2013  9:12 PM)sporkseller Wrote:

It shouldn't be too hard to experiment with seeing as eBay lets buyers select their country on the auction page, though it doesn't give a breakdown. If you want a hand working out breakdowns (I'm willing seeing as I have a vested interest if eBay is ripping off non-US buyers), we could probably work something out with a couple of dummy accounts (seeing as a seller selling a bunch of dummy listings to someone with the same IP address would probably attract attention from ebay), shoot me a PM some time and we can set aside some time for a little investigative work.
Or at least I can give you some advice/pointers (I need some info on how things are on the seller's side to work it out) for doing said work with someone you trust to do so, if you're less than keen on working with me (which I would totally understand).

Perfect - I have some ideas I'll send in a PM. I appreciate the offer - finally a means to channel my disdain for eBay. I've got some ideas, but it's near 3am here so I'll try to send tomorrow.
---
EDIT: see? Repeating myself. In case you didn't gather it above, I have some ideas...

RE: eBay Topic - LMAO - Oct. 12, 2013

A pretty nice price for EWD if you ask me, it's only $3.50 each!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TAKARA-TOMY-JAPAN-BEYBLADE-PARTS-BOTTOM-EWD-Killer-Beafowl-Evil-Befall-Tips-RARE-/331012138396?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item4d11dc659c&_uhb=1

RE: eBay Topic - Ash - Oct. 12, 2013

Are we allowed to post our own eBay listings in here? If so, I decided to sell my beyblade collection (includes the original takara attack Stadium.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takara-Hasbro-Beyblade-Collection-/221297392423?ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123

Sorry that I can only ship to the UK.

RE: eBay Topic - Scout25 - Oct. 12, 2013

Is this legit? And if so, does it include a beypointer?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-G-Revolution-Top-Blade-Union-Gold-Set-/121119368879

RE: eBay Topic - OwnageDerp - Oct. 12, 2013

I apologize if I posted in the wrong area, but are there any sellers that sell Balro, Wyvang... That aren't fake? I'm talking about ebay too, no amazon for me, too hectic.