World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
eBay Topic - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Bey Marketplace (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Bey-Marketplace)
+--- Thread: eBay Topic (/Thread-eBay-Topic)

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - Oct. 03, 2013

Yeah, tried to edit that after reading how snappy it sounded. I'm in a position where I am admitting I've been foolish, but still hoping people spend on my listings. I should probably just shut my big yapper.

If nothing else, my own obsession has given me insight into pokemon collectors...now THAT is truly scary

EDIT: I'm going to post photos of my collection here to show what I mean. Boxesof93 ~ $5,000 on Beyblades...? I've spent that on beyblades in the past 6 weeks alone. I'm just not selling many of them so y'all don't even know

RE: eBay Topic - 3-Dog - Oct. 03, 2013

That does sound like a genuine problem. Do you have issues of impulsiveness or are you just super rich? If it's the latter, all good, but if it's the former you might want to check into rehab cos that is a looooot of money

RE: eBay Topic - ShinobuXD - Oct. 03, 2013

whoa, yeah, no kidding

That's to the point of not even obsession, but addiction. I don't mean this to be rude, but yeah.

Then again, if you're super rich, no biggie.

I have a very good job, but not good enough that I don't feel some pain spending that kind of money on toys. There's no doubt it's an addiction. I'm rather neurotic when it comes to completionism. I'm the type that has to collect every item in a video game before I consider it beaten.

I'm preparing the photo setup - it will tell you all you need to know.

Gold color shining god ms will be referred to as "rock bottom". It's perhaps the only bey I'm going to keep...as a stark reminder of what not to do again. That said, it's helping to own up to my issue and selling these, difficult as it might be, will be cathartic and necessary.

My rock bottom

RE: eBay Topic - Bae Master - Oct. 03, 2013

I sold my Shining God MS NIB for 30$ 3 years ago LOL.

RE: eBay Topic - 3-Dog - Oct. 03, 2013

I keep telling you that you have to exploit people to get ahead in life.

Unfortunately this task could not be accomplished in a single photo - I simply lack the floor space and camera angle. Here's everything in a series of photos:

It's every single MFB beyblade ever made, many in multiples. All numbered HMS items NIB other than bloody devil (it's mint in box), custom try, and tornado balance ma-03. Then, I've got an assembled double (for play) of almost every HMS beyblade. That's a critical insight to my problem: I've got to have all of them in the same condition, so I've begged for a nib bloody devil because its he only numbered bey I have that isn't brand new. Plastics is sickening too. You can see what's on those box labels, and another 120+ in those two cases and stadium that are assembled. Anyway, I think you get the point. Some of these were removed from bubble wrap for the first time ever to appear in this photo. I didn't even care if I looked at them so long as I knew I had 'em.

As for selling these off, I don't know where to begin. I wonder if you guys on the staff would let me sell $1 or $2 lottery tickets, winner take all, then wait until enough sold so I wouldn't take a total bath on them. Or even break them into groups...

Sorry, I know I'm way off topic. I should create a "coping with bey-addiction thread"

This doesn't include my current eBay listings nor the 35 or so en route from Japan. Ugh...

RE: eBay Topic - Wombat - Oct. 04, 2013

That is undoubtably the most extensive collection of Beyblades I have ever seen.
You seriously have multiples of nearly every single Beyblade ever made.
Although I know addiction is a serious thing and all, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed.
I mean, I know I wouldn't want all of those Beyblades, even if I was lucky enough to win a lottery ticket.

RE: eBay Topic - Snoop Dog MS - Oct. 04, 2013

Do I spy Gryph Dragooon in there? *grabby hands*

RE: eBay Topic - DRAGON KING - Oct. 04, 2013

Lord, wtf that collection is worth thousands of dollars!!!!

RE: eBay Topic - 6 God - Oct. 04, 2013

*insert mind-control powers here* You shall give me all your saint boosters. These are not the droids you're looking for.

Let's not get too awed about his collection although... OMYGAWD IS THAT THE TAKAO VS TYSON SET?! *grabby hands X1000*

RE: eBay Topic - DRAGON KING - Oct. 04, 2013

Sooo many stadiums!!! Sooooo many beys!!!!! Sooo many grips!!!!

RE: eBay Topic - ShinobuXD - Oct. 04, 2013

(Oct. 04, 2013  4:06 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: Let's not get too awed about his collection although... OMYGAWD IS THAT THE TAKAO VS TYSON SET?! *grabby hands X1000*

Quite hypocritical, aren't we?

It was just a little joke. He has a really amazing collection though.

RE: eBay Topic - th!nk - Oct. 04, 2013

(Oct. 03, 2013  6:07 AM)sporkseller Wrote: Sorry, I know I'm way off topic. I should create a "coping with bey-addiction thread"

You should, actually. A bunch of members have gone through that. I recall DaWRETCHED-one buying a ridiculous amount of plastics and then having to offload them all, and just generally a whole bunch of other things I've seen in my time here, including myself (from "lol wow I'll never spend $60 on a spinning top" to "Oh wow only $60 for a rare spinning top heck yeah" to "oh wow where did all that money my parents gave me with the idea I'd save up more and buy a car with it go"). It might actually already exist, for all I know.
In the meantime, though, we do have a beyblade collection topic where you could feasibly repost those pictures to an even more receptive audience.

Also, Shining God MS, I would suggest alongside the others that you keep thoughts like the ones you posted on the last couple of pages to yourself. Looks bad.

Also, srsly:
(Oct. 03, 2013  4:39 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: If the prices were as low as they are, I would usually get them, but then boom. Reality happens, collectors all over the world are in a bidding war going up to 500$. I am not really that crazed for beyblades in a way I'd pay 1000$ for one single beyblade. Look at boxesof93, he probably spent i dunno, 5,000$ on his beyblades.

Considering how much you're willing to drop on SGMS, I wouldn't consider you above the types of people you're describing here at all...

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - Oct. 05, 2013

I'm grateful for the community's appreciation of my 'collection'...but I can assure you that "wanting" Beyblades and eventually getting them is far more fun than "needing" them and over stretching to get them as I have.

Regardless, I will spend time this weekend coming up with a fair way to make this stuff available both on eBay and here on the WBO. I'll make it known when the curtain goes up - until then I apologize if I'm slow to respond to PM's or eBay messages.

To moderators/staff - where (my selling thread?)would it be appropriate to post details of a possible live-selling event? Not sure about that so I would like to at least gauge community interest in the proper forum.

Likewise, I would offer (in advance of selling the items) photos of anything I have that could help populate the beywiki.

RE: eBay Topic - UltimateOrion - Oct. 05, 2013

Magical Ape MS (OverPriced By Alot I think) : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Takara-HMS-Beyblade-Magical-Ape-MS-MA-18-NIB-s-f-v-v2-gt-/200971180899?pt=UK_Toys_Creative_Educational_RL&hash=item2ecad0db63

RE: eBay Topic - Infinity Lazer - Oct. 05, 2013

wow just wow.... I've heard of people paying $100,000 for props from star trek but this *faints* although I'd have to say I'm impressed but do you ever beyblade are you even a blader anymore? anyway I can understand why you want to sell them at high prices as you probably want to get back the money you spent.... I think your only competition is Zankye XD anyway back on topic as I said megalopolitan is trustworhty and for those of you who need a BB:10 3-Segment Grip Beylauncher and R2F http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEYBLADE-Metal-Fusion-BB-76-Galaxy-Pegasis-Deluxe-Set-/280797970862 comes with everything except the beypoint card oh and if your wondering I got mine in a week and 5 day's (he lives in tai-wan) and don't worry he packages it well when it came in the box I opened it then there was cardboard covered in bubble rap around it XD

(Oct. 05, 2013  12:22 AM)Lazer Wrote: wow just wow.... I've heard of people paying $100,000 for props from star trek but this *faints* although I'd have to say I'm impressed but do you ever beyblade are you even a blader anymore? anyway I can understand why you want to sell them at high prices as you probably want to get back the money you spent...

I did a WBO tournament once, but it was only because they needed bodies to meet the minimum number of participants for it to be an official event. I battle with my son a few nights per week, but no I'm not a hard core blader. Time, Th!nk, and those other guys in the competitive combo thread have real talent for finding top tier setups where I definitely do not.

To the point I think you're trying to make, the possession of every part/component is somewhat wasted on me versus someone else who'd whip up a competitively viable combo with them.

As far as my prices, it would be nice to simply make my money back, but I'm resigned to the fact that's unlikely to happen. I've avoided auction type listings, but with the stuff I grossly overpaid for it's the only true way to let the market decide. That's why shining god ms started at $10 - My cost was over $400 but that's just not realistic for (and I mean no offense) the average bey buyer who is young and parent-dependent. That said, I'm pretty sure it was a WBO member who drove that gold tourney prize shining god price up alongside me.

RE: eBay Topic - Infinity Lazer - Oct. 05, 2013

yeah anyway that's excatly what I said in the beggining of the last paragraph XD anyway IMO you should do auctions on ebay if you want to make your money back make sure the limit for the lowest bid is atleast a few dollars then the original price for the item then wait till you have the highest bidder and vwalla Smile anyway remember to check out this http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEYBLADE-Metal-F...0797970862

RE: eBay Topic - ShinobuXD - Oct. 05, 2013

It says we can't view the listing.

The problem with that is that he'll have to ship to so many different people.

sporkseller: Personally, I would break the stuff into about 10 big lots, and let people make offers on them. You may make slightly less money, but it'll be easier, and will probably go quicker.

(Oct. 05, 2013  2:32 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: It says we can't view the listing.

The problem with that is that he'll have to ship to so many different people.

sporkseller: Personally, I would break the stuff into about 10 big lots, and let people make offers on them. You may make slightly less money, but it'll be easier, and will probably go quicker.

Good idea. And in addition to shipping all over, listing too many auctions at once could overload the market and cause the prices to stay very low on account of spreading bidders too thin across 50 different listings.

And remember when I said completionism is my neurosis? Yeah, I've felt half a person not posting the rest of my collection. So here it is - and hoping I can actually sleep well tonight. If there's a box shown, it's new unopened - beys sitting on top of boxes are duplicates or revolves of the bey in the box. All the assembled beys...I still have the original box and sticker sheets for all of them.

RE: eBay Topic - DRAGON KING - Oct. 05, 2013

My mind gets blown every time u post pictures of your collection

RE: eBay Topic - The Bishop - Oct. 05, 2013

Off Topic

Seems sad to split them all up honestly Unhappy
I'm trying to comprehend the thought process, you got one out of box then decided you had to have one NIB? Regardless, i can only imagine the endless hours spent online. Dedication.

I can think of worse things to spend money and time on.