World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
eBay Topic - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Bey Marketplace (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Bey-Marketplace)
+--- Thread: eBay Topic (/Thread-eBay-Topic)

RE: eBay Topic - Tech - Oct. 03, 2013

(Oct. 03, 2013  3:34 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: Lulz can I get a hell yeah. I'm getting it, I don't care what the price.

I don't think it's necessary to post so many times about how much you want it and how you're going to get it no matter the price... although I'd like to add that if you end up paying $300+, you've overpaid quite a bit of money.

RE: eBay Topic - Snoop Dog MS - Oct. 03, 2013

Well, my max would be 300$ but that's it. Sorry it came off that way. It's just so beautiful.

RE: eBay Topic - Tech - Oct. 03, 2013

That's still an outrageous price to pay, but I guess it's your money lol. (inflation?)

I understand where you're coming from, but I can also sell it for more than that. Because of the minds of eBay and Y!JA bidders.

RE: eBay Topic - Dual - Oct. 03, 2013

But if you love it so much, why would you sell it...?

My point is, if it ever comes down to money, Shining God MS NIB is worth more than 300$, and nevertheless it is not a waste of money.

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - Oct. 03, 2013

(In response to Ga'Hooleone about trading)

Unfortunately I have reached a point where hoarding Beyblades has become a legitimate problem for me. I would love to trade, but my buying/collecting behavior has become unhealthy, bordering on self-Destructive.

The point is i'm motivated to sell. I'd encourage WBO members to PM me reasonable offers for any of my fixed price listings, keeping in mind theres already an 8% discount (off eBay price) given for any purchase outside of ebay.

Which is why I just PM'ed you, sporky Wink

RE: eBay Topic - 3-Dog - Oct. 03, 2013

Just remember, in a couple of months you'll look back and think 'wow, I spent $300 on a toy'. Your recent post suggests that you'll resell it but 50% of the value will drop by opening the box. If you're not opening it... what's the point of getting it

Anyway, it's your money. The last time I was active on WBO, I was trying to fix the market and call people out on their outrageous prices e.g. the recent listing posted by sporkseller for a black dgmf, slash riger and grey dark leopard for almost $400. GOOD LORD, man.

With that being said, people are obviously willing to pay stupid prices so anyone trying to make some money isn't really trying unless they're exploiting fools out of as much cash as they can.

RE: eBay Topic - Infinity Lazer - Oct. 03, 2013

3-Dog actually has a good point I mean I like beyblade and all but I would be ashamed of myself if I spent $300 for a toy that you can get for below $100... it's all about patience I mean look at me I waited/searched hard and Got the Galaxy Pegasis DX set for $38.25 with free shipping when all the other one's were $60 and above...

You yourself spent money on beyblades, so I don't get it... you keep some for yourself which can sometimes be just as expensive as Shining God MS. And the value does not drop... I would keep it mint. Basically, you were calling me a fool for buying this at that price, and calling spork an idiot by putting it up for that low price (or am I wrong?) We should take this to PM.
EDIT: Lazer You are very lucky to find a Shining God MS for 50$ NIB, yet crazy bidders bid up to 300-400$ for it. That's reality. You can't get Shining God MS for less than 100$. It's worth at least 150$ if you're lucky.

RE: eBay Topic - Wombat - Oct. 03, 2013

Yeah patience is best, especially with Plastics. Although not from the same sale, I've gotten Dragoon V2, Dranzer V2, and Burning Kerberous for a total of $68. They were all used, but in good condition. You just have to wait for a good deal and jump on it.

RE: eBay Topic - Cannon - Oct. 03, 2013

(Oct. 03, 2013  2:47 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: I call dibs on Shining god MS. NOBODY ELSE HERE GETS IT, CAPICHE?! I will probably also get the HMS Grip but i dunno.

You are going passed the point of ridiculousness of this Shining God MS.

If you're not willing to pay the right price there is no hope. You've been all around this forum; YJA topic, Credits Campaign, etc. calling dibs which is pointless .. Plus, you just gave away your max. bid which is quite foolish since I could just knock it up to 300 right now (although I wouldn't ..) and your hopes would be *pooft* gone. :p

It could possibly be my time to sell my collection, hm. Sort of drifting away and I have a whole closet filled with Beyblades. I EVEN HOARD MFB BOXES OMG???

RE: eBay Topic - ShinobuXD - Oct. 03, 2013

Yet while he may spend $300 on toys, he won't do it on one toy. I honestly see no point in buying Shining God MS. It's not that competitive(I mean, the WD is great but not worth $300), and sure it looks nice, but if you want something that looks nice, buy a flower 300 times cheaper.

I was joking about it... and can we please... just take this to PM? And does that even matter how much my max is? I just like it as a nice piece to my collection. I'm a collector too ya know.

(Oct. 03, 2013  4:10 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: You yourself spent money on beyblades, so I don't get it... you keep some for yourself which can sometimes be just as expensive as Shining God MS. And the value does not drop... I would keep it mint. Basically, you were calling me a fool for buying this at that price, and calling spork an idiot by putting it up for that low price (or am I wrong?) We should take this to PM.
EDIT: Lazer You are very lucky to find a Shining God MS for 50$ NIB, yet crazy bidders bid up to 300-400$ for it. That's reality. You can't get Shining God MS for less than 100$. It's worth at least 150$ if you're lucky.

Yes, I spent money on beyblades. Most of the time I bought lots with stuff I wanted and sold the ones I didn't want to make my investment back. You're bragging about spending $300 on a single beyblade. By the way, trust me, I do regret my beyblade collection because the stuff I did spend could have been spent elsewhere. Same thing probably happened to sporkseller:

"Unfortunately I have reached a point where hoarding Beyblades has become a legitimate problem for me. I would love to trade, but my buying/collecting behavior has become unhealthy, bordering on self-Destructive."

Also, no, you completely misinterpreted my message. Perhaps I was referring to you as a fool, yes, but I didn't call sporkseller an idiot. I implied that sellers who exploit people like you for as much money as they can are smart businessmen. That's their objective. I didn't even mention the listing price lmao

By the way, you are past deluded if you think the value of a NIB beyblade doesn't drop once it's opened. Completely beyond salvation.

You just called people who bid $300-400 for a SGMS 'crazy people'. Doesn't that make you one of them?

P.S. no we need don't need to take this to PM unless directed by a mod. As far as I'm aware this discussion is all related to the topic at hand.

RE: eBay Topic - Ga' - Oct. 03, 2013

lol I have found on two separate occasions a Shining God MS in mint/NIB condition for below 150. One deal I was even going to get with some other stuff for 100 dollars before my parents told me that I couldn't buy anything.

Point is, when it all comes down to things it's a spinning top. Nothing more, nothing less. Object of your affection or not, there's no reason to go crazy over it.

Plus, considering your age, it's not very nice to your parents to take advantage of a birthday present by spending an excessively disproportionate amount of their hard-earned money to receive only one small toy.

RE: eBay Topic - DRAGON KING - Oct. 03, 2013

I agree, but it is his parents money so it not like we can control
Him so can you please stop this arguing

Okay, okay I'm sorry. And I wasn't trying to brag, I hope it didn't mean that to you. And I didn't call people who pay 300-400$ for Shining God MS crazy, and I wouldn't pay 400$ if it wasn't for the bidders who started a bidding war, I don't take advantage of my parents, so I'm sorry to everyone who thinks that way.

RE: eBay Topic - sporkseller - Oct. 03, 2013

In all seriousness, why is it that my listings generate this kind of heat? Have I made a mistake in being 'accessible' to this community? EDIT: found the $350 Dranzer uproar in 'most overpriced beys' thread.

Also, the 'toy' in question has inspired this entire community and its' 100,000+ members.

And I might as well own up to the tipping point: tourney prize gold Shining God MS this morning on Y!JA. I could have bought a new TV or washing machine for what I paid on that listing. In the moment I swore I had to have it, and regretted it the moment it was over. It's not about having the money, for me that was a moment where it became a matter of principle.

It caused this heat because of how good your prices are. And how rare they are.

(Oct. 03, 2013  4:29 AM)sporkseller Wrote: In all seriousness, why is it that my listings generate this kind of heat? Have I made a mistake in being 'accessible' to this community? Where's the general uproar over $350 for Dranzer MS?

Also, the 'toy' in question has inspired this entire community and its' 100,000+ members. It's hypocrisy to brush off Beyblades as a "mere plaything" when 'some' of us have spent literally hundreds of hours here openly obsessing over them. Does anyone else see the irony in that?

You're so defensive. Relax, dear.

It's not exactly hypocrisy to say that spending $300 on one spinning top is a little crazy. Also, I'm not sure anyone is justifying an obsession with beyblades. Aren't you the one who called your buying habits self-destructive? Hobbies tend to do that. It's OK.

Also, the only heat being generated is towards the people who buy your stuff. If you can sell something at $300, then why wouldn't you? It's not your fault. You're just straight makin' dat money. Who can blame you for that? Not me. No siree. You should charge even higher prices if you can get away with it. If someone wants to buy it, it's their money! Free will and all that.

I just found your black dgmf, slash riger and grey dark leopard ms price a little funny, that's all. If someone buys it though, that's fantastic. Job well done.

RE: eBay Topic - Ga' - Oct. 03, 2013

(Oct. 03, 2013  4:29 AM)sporkseller Wrote: In all seriousness, why is it that my listings generate this kind of heat? Have I made a mistake in being 'accessible' to this community? Where's the general uproar over $350 for Dranzer MS?

Also, the 'toy' in question has inspired this entire community and its' 100,000+ members. It's hypocrisy to brush off Beyblades as a "mere plaything" when 'some' of us have spent literally hundreds of hours here openly obsessing over them. Does anyone else see the irony in that?

Yes but that doesn't mean that we're willing to spend the kind of money that these auctions are reaching. For me, I love the game and all, but it's just that: a game. If I can get a steal regarding any of my beloved HMS, I would. However, just because something pops up in the market doesn't mean I will go out of my way and abandon common sense to obtain it.

I love Beyblade to the point where my Common App Essay talks about my how my experiences with Beyblades have managed to give me better leadership skills and use more advanced ideas, but I'm not going to throw reason away just because one of the ones I've been searching for for a long time decides to show up and skyrockets to a ludicrous price.

I mean, great for your business obviously, but I wouldn't want to get involved in such crazed purchasing.

If the prices were as low as they are, I would usually get them, but then boom. Reality happens, collectors all over the world are in a bidding war going up to 500$. I am not really that crazed for beyblades in a way I'd pay 1000$ for one single beyblade. Look at boxesof93, he probably spent i dunno, 5,000$ on his beyblades.

RE: eBay Topic - DRAGON KING - Oct. 03, 2013

In the end the is about having morals, I mean just sit down and think, you are about to spend 300 dollars on a toy top think how many people would love to have that much money to feed their families and u are about to spend it on a top?