World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 (/Thread-MFB-Tiers-list-Last-Updated-27-12-11)

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Hazel - Oct. 30, 2011

(Oct. 30, 2011  12:06 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Stamina bottoms definitely needs to be looked at but it's complicated. MB maybe needs to be removed since no one actually uses it for stamina and it's not really proven whether it is really any better than WD and or D series bottoms. Maybe the same with PD too probably since no one uses it and the lack of friction really kills any usage. And there's also W2D and DS and EWD to think about. Can they all go in tier 1? No one really uses SD at all. D is sometimes used before of 230 combos. May be more usage of D than I think though. Also EDS is quite surpases all of the D series stamina bottoms. Also I haven't bothered looking at the thread for BGrin much. Is is much better than the D series stamina bottoms?

EDS only works on extremely balanced customs, and WD is usually preferred over it unless it's a special case(such as Scythe Aquario BD145EDS) where the additional height is needed.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Dan - Oct. 30, 2011

I used it at a tournament and it did far worse than my A1 WD.. :V

The basis behind EWD on Basalt, as I've heard it told, is that it's the best track to use on LTSC involving the Basalt MW, as WD is not ideal for lower Basalt tracks.

Or something like that.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - RustyXD - Oct. 30, 2011

(Oct. 30, 2011  12:22 AM)Dan Wrote: I used it at a tournament and it did far worse than my A1 WD.. :V

Well there are many reasons why it could have done worse then WD at a tournament..(Same goes for better I guess although it had a mirror match a few times just with EWD in stead.

Firstly you could have versed different combos so you can't compare EWD and WD if they are versing different things.
Secondly you could have been versing different people so even though they used the same combos as what you versed with WD they have different launch styles.
Thirdly it was your 1st tournament and you were nervous and your launching was affected or your second tournament and you were over-confident and that affected your focus thus affecting your launching.

Either way here is my opinion on EWD it is better then WD on Basalt and Scythe but WD is better with everything else although EDS is better with Basalt and Scythe then WD is.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - gibsonmac - Oct. 30, 2011

I've found a new EWD is pretty much the same performance-wise as a WD on Earth 85/90... I have 3 of them (and about a billion WD's lol) non have been worn though, so I cannot speak to the longevity as it relates to performance of EWD... but I know it goes 500 against a WD

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Kujikato - Oct. 30, 2011

EWD is very useful, in Indo we see it on Basalts, Phantoms, and Scythes, and those combos place/get into the finals. EWD, EDS, WD all are Tier 1 stuff, B:D is only Tier 1 when you get a good mold.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Uwik - Oct. 30, 2011

@Izumi: EWD is not commonly used in Indonesia. Maybe it was in Jakarta only. EWD has bad balance, regardless of the metal wheel used. I have seen it used a few times in tournaments, and during those times, none of the users even made it to finals.

EDS, on the other hand does have excellent stamina. Its a shame that many EDS are deformed straight out of the box (flat tips, sloped tips, cracked casing, etc). These deformations significantly alter performance.

PD is just way overrated and overhyped. The surface is too slippery to be competitively viable. Very easy to KO, and it multiplies the wobble effect, wasting precious stamina in the process.

Yeah, for now, it should be EDS, WD, D in no particular order.

ic, if thats the case Jkt only then......................... and yeah, EDS is good, but easily busted. I vouch for WD, D, and EDS in Tier 1 Stamina Bottoms

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Cygnus - Oct. 30, 2011

Yeah. I think it should be WD, D, EDS (No particular order) in Tier 1 Stamina. PD should be removed and so should SD.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - H8R - Oct. 30, 2011

well SD is still competitively viable but no one uses it so maybe we should remove it,EWD doesn't have that bad balance? it's not as bad as you guy's are emphasizing.I'm good with what every one else has...

Guys, try to keep in mind that this list is also a resource for people to decide which of their parts, among the ones they may have, is the best to use - for that reason, ALL parts should be here in some capacity. I do think SD should be dropped to T2, however.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Janstarblast - Oct. 30, 2011

(Oct. 30, 2011  6:40 AM)Uwik Wrote: @Izumi: EWD is not commonly used in Indonesia. Maybe it was in Jakarta only. EWD has bad balance, regardless of the metal wheel used. I have seen it used a few times in tournaments, and during those times, none of the users even made it to finals.

I do not mean to correct you, just that I wanted to make it known that LeeDraciel who participated in Blitz's BeyDays tournament placed first with a Basalt+EWD combo... Smile
And yes, even I think SD should go to Tier 2.
Also, I guess D should be kept in Tier 1, only if it is specified that-

Tier 1-
D (Only if used with 230)

Otherwise, D is OK.

EDIT-

(Oct. 30, 2011  8:26 AM)H8R Wrote: well SD is still competitively viable but no one uses it so maybe we should remove it.
This makes me think- Why not have categories like- OU (Overused) and UU (Underused) for such parts. Then again, its kinda a waste of time...

well, CS is also a relatively useful stamina part................... but only when the rubber is worn down......

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Uwik - Oct. 30, 2011

Yes, LeeDraciel and Deikailo both have used EWD in the past and did well with it. I was merely speaking on behalf of my meta. Although, it still doesn't change the fact about the balance issue.

I do like the idea of mentioning which parts see what kind of usage frequency, but that creates more work for the thread manager.

Regardless, informing people of the things they'll be more likely to encounter along with what is best out of what they have would make this an even more valuable resource. For example, Hell Kerbecs BD145 may not be all that great anymore, but it's still extremely common, so mentioning that would let people preparing for tournaments know what to expect in addition to Top Tier combos. After all, due to the formats some tournaments run, it is not always a top tier combo that places in the top 3.

I wouldn't put SD down to T2, just order that tip section properly.. Seriously why the heck isn't in some kind of order?
You'd think you would have an order going, it has been a year since OP..

so

EDS
WD
D (230 only)
SD

for Tier 1??
IMO WD isnt that good for stamina, easy KOed, way to easy, D is harder

Use DS if you'd like to be KO'd less: it has very close stamina to WD and isn't very simple to KO.

really? well, guess that applies for new DSes more so, mine is DSF in a way

I agree with Dan. MY Hell Kerbecs BD145DS managed to stay around in the stadium against powerful attack types.
It is just slightly inferior to CS in Defense, and quite better in stamina. Smile
Hazel- Yeah, it would give better detail to the thread, but it will be a nuisance for the thread manager.

hmmm, that is odd, @ Bey Bash, HH, I kept on winning in free play with my VariAres against OTB Hell Kerbecses............ OHKOs also...........

A battle against VariAres is incomparable.... It can wreck a fully-armored, Basalt-based Defense type if used correctly. Smile
So, you can't expect such high Defense. Also, DS was on Hell. And against VariAres?! Hell would die.
In my case, I just battled LLDs, MLDs, and anti-meta combos...
Sorry if this is off topic...

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Y!GN!F!CENT - Oct. 30, 2011

i think l-drago clear wheel should be in stamina tier three ( i read somewhere that it meteo l-drago is listed as stamina in takara tomy pack ) and it has the best stamina as it takes other beys spin lol this shud be understood

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 25/10/11 - Primal - Oct. 30, 2011

LLD's spin-stealing ability isn't as well as MLD's. Even if it was better, spin-stealing combos aren't even close to viable as stamina combos.

No?
Spin Stealing is a completely different category in a sense. Also, TT never listed any L Drago bey as 'stamina'.
OK, lets assume that we think your point is right, then think of this-
L Drago Clear wheels can only be used with their respective Metal Wheels, i.e. Lightning/Meteo.
So as these are not good for stamina, the L Drago CW is not good for stamina altogether.
EDIT- Beaten Big Time!