World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - othellog - Nov. 10, 2011

Just to share my opinion on graphics programs. I believe that you can make good works on Gimp, but never as good as a experienced Photoshop artist could create. Even at that, you will never get a graphics career based on using gimp for 7 years(As Gimp is never used in the professional world.), it would be better to be working in a Photoshop environment for a shorter time. Also, a knowledge of Cinema 4D and adobe Illustrator would help a person get a job.(Not to mention a bachelors degree in graphics design.) Just to let you guys know, because I feel that a graphics designer is a great career choice that I would like doing, and I wouldn't want any of you guys/girls to be working in the wrong environment through your whole life.

RE: General GFX Thread - Gripsocks - Nov. 10, 2011

(Nov. 10, 2011  3:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: How could you make only the owl face resemble a whole dog body ? This is what I meant. The way Taj12 wrote it, he must have implied that he wanted "the owl face [to] look like the dog [face]", because in any case that sentence does not really make sense.

My sentence sounds strange because of what you said. Tongue_out
You said how can a owl's face look like it belongs a dogs body, when that's not the point. The point is exactly that, it doesn't belong on a dogs body haha.
You can still make it look like the dog's head is actually an owl, it won't be realistic but it can look "real"

(Nov. 10, 2011  3:06 AM)othellog Wrote: Just to share my opinion on graphics programs. I believe that you can make good works on Gimp, but never as good as a experienced Photoshop artist could create. Even at that, you will never get a graphics career based on using gimp for 7 years(As Gimp is never used in the professional world.), it would be better to be working in a Photoshop environment for a shorter time. Also, a knowledge of Cinema 4D and adobe Illustrator would help a person get a job.(Not to mention a bachelors degree in graphics design.) Just to let you guys know, because I feel that a graphics designer is a great career choice that I would like doing, and I wouldn't want any of you guys/girls to be working in the wrong environment through your whole life.

Agreed. However Cinema 4D is for a different genre of design.
I am proficient with both photoshop and illustrator and now I am
capable of creating commercial quality designs. However, when working
with programs like photoshop and illustrator, you can watch tutorials
and learn the program to get better to a point. These programs are mere
enablers, you need to have the creativity and originality to put them to good use.

RE: General GFX Thread - Xlr8 - Nov. 10, 2011

yes agree with gimpsocks and othellog well according to me we can go in graphic proffesion but i prefer doing another job and keep graphics as a side job cause in my country there is not such a great demand of graphic designers

RE: General GFX Thread - Gripsocks - Nov. 10, 2011

(Nov. 10, 2011  3:26 AM)Xlr8 Wrote: yes agree with gimpsocks

Serious

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Nov. 10, 2011

(Nov. 10, 2011  2:30 AM)Fathom Wrote: Cnc's On My Current Sig

Well, it isn't good.

First, there's no depth in it. The Render seems to be expanded, and the scan lines isn't blending right. The text Is Not good, plus that blue wave isn't buying.

What's good is your flow and colors. Your style? Find others, as it doesn't look good.

RE: General GFX Thread - Whatzzer - Nov. 10, 2011

Went into my GFX file and found this signature,hah,forgot to post it.
[Image: Iron.png]CnC's b4 ISmithicide

RE: General GFX Thread - SyTric XZ - Nov. 10, 2011

Good flow,nice light source but i think you could add more things to this sig and colours tooo!

RE: General GFX Thread - Whatzzer - Nov. 10, 2011

Too much colours will spoil the sig,you know.Ah,it seems that I dodged the Ironman's eye excessively.

I was telling u could add more material and make it some what coloutful and the blue outlines on the eyes i think it distract or spoil the area a bit(sorry if i am wrong)

RE: General GFX Thread - Cygnus - Nov. 10, 2011

(Nov. 08, 2011  9:04 AM)Aura Wrote: [Image: naruto.png]

CnC please!

RE: General GFX Thread - BBPegasus - Nov. 10, 2011

The sig has a good smudge but the coler is really bland and no offence

Good smudge? No it covers the some part of the render and it doesn't luks good it is not a good smudge sorry if u found this offensive

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Nov. 10, 2011

(Nov. 10, 2011  2:38 PM)Whatzzer Wrote: Went into my GFX file and found this signature,hah,forgot to post it.
[Image: Iron.png]CnC's b4 ISmithicide
Bad Light source it does not look natural and no flow and never put a render in the middle

RE: General GFX Thread - BBPegasus - Nov. 10, 2011

Well to me I kinda liked it maybe to u you didn't like it other people have diffrent opinions

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Nov. 11, 2011

(Nov. 10, 2011  11:51 PM)Xyo Wrote: Bad Light source it does not look natural and no flow and never put a render in the middle

I think the light source is really cool actually. Things do not always have to look natural, you are making graphics ...

Of course, the signature picture would be a lot better if it were several pixels 'skinnier', but it is not bad at all. Furthermore, I am not certain that you can claim that in all cases you should never place an image in the middle ...

RE: General GFX Thread - DeltaFate - Nov. 11, 2011

(Nov. 10, 2011  2:30 AM)Fathom Wrote: Cnc's On My Current Sig

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Nov. 11, 2011

(Nov. 11, 2011  3:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 10, 2011  11:51 PM)Xyo Wrote: Bad Light source it does not look natural and no flow and never put a render in the middle

I think the light source is really cool actually. Things do not always have to look natural, you are making graphics ...

Of course, the signature picture would be a lot better if it were several pixels 'skinnier', but it is not bad at all. Furthermore, I am not certain that you can claim that in all cases you should never place an image in the middle ...
well it is to change stuff a bit because we have a natural instinct to place it in the middle(correct me if im wrong)

RE: General GFX Thread - Whatzzer - Nov. 11, 2011

Hah,Xyo,listen to the GFX queen.If i don't put it in the middle,the light source would be in the background.It makes the render looks like a part of the BG itself.

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Nov. 11, 2011

So when you dont put it in the middle it will blen with the BG?
BTW new tag Grin
[Image: di-WTXZ.png]
not too proud of it though

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladerPotter - Nov. 11, 2011

(Nov. 06, 2011  2:08 PM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: [Image: di-GLNI.png]
CnC?
Improved version (Or is it?) :
[Image: di-QYV8.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - Ga' - Nov. 11, 2011

The sparkle effect from the light looks cool, but I assume that's Ed's hand, right? It's kinda distracting from the main focal of the sig, which is the render. The light makes me look at it, not the render.

RE: General GFX Thread - Gripsocks - Nov. 11, 2011

(Nov. 11, 2011  3:52 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I think the light source is really cool actually. Things do not always have to look natural, you are making graphics ...

You never put a stationary render in the middle of a sig unless you're going to do
some really nice compo, depth, and blending. Also Xyo, was right, there is no flow and the lightsource is bad because you can clearly see on the render that the light is hitting him from the front, not from the back.

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Nov. 11, 2011

(Nov. 11, 2011  4:37 PM)Gripsocks Wrote: You never put a stationary render in the middle of a sig unless you're going to do
some really nice compo, depth, and blending. Also Xyo, was right, there is no flow and the lightsource is bad because you can clearly see on the render that the light is hitting him from the front, not from the back.

The character emanates the light in some places, hence why the eyes are lit up.

RE: General GFX Thread - Gripsocks - Nov. 11, 2011

His eyes can't light up his whole body. Light source aside.
Whatzzer you need to work on your backgrounds. You should also
add more elements to your sigs to create depth and compo

RE: General GFX Thread - MetalStrike - Nov. 12, 2011

New stuff: (Click to View)