World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - SyTric XZ - Nov. 08, 2011

(Nov. 07, 2011  9:33 PM)Challenge! Wrote: So here are a few pieces I was working on.

'Dunamis got smudged':
[Image: DMS+AWP+-+Yeah%252C+yea.png]

^there was a Dunamis' picture in the BG, which is now a smudge BG. lul

A smudge-focused signature:
[Image: DMS+AWP+-+You.png]

Oh yeah, and two LP smudges:

Wow Really Nice! but i think You Have Smudged too much in some of them(correct me if m wrong) well...

I was Working On this One Its my first sucesful sig with c4d's haha

its here:

[Image: narutosigv.png]

CNC please

RE: General GFX Thread - Cygnus - Nov. 08, 2011

[Image: naruto.png]

CnC please!

You Could Add A Border To This And The Sig Looks Too Conjusted! I think the blurring of the sides of the smudged parts is wrong <<<correct me if m wrong

RE: General GFX Thread - Wolverine Mode - Nov. 08, 2011

(Nov. 07, 2011  9:33 PM)Challenge! Wrote: So here are a few pieces I was working on.

'Dunamis got smudged':

Did you follow the tutorial I posted on GFXforums ? I am just curious anyway.

RE: General GFX Thread - RowDog - Nov. 08, 2011

In response to this:
Quote:[Image: OayPh.png]

back on page 80 I made a few more sigs myself based on my pokemon sprites and a pokemon type.
These are some of my first GFXs. I didn't want to make them too complicated, just something that compliments the sprites just using simple effects as I start to learn my way around gimp.
SDC help me a bit with the bug one (well more instead of tutoring me he completely took control of the computer).
CnCs please and do you think I should continue doing these and do one for each type?

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Nov. 08, 2011

You should. Not only will it improve your spriting skills, it will also reveal that GFX hidden in you XD

well, the sigs would have been better if you remove those slash thing and put only one render in it. The colors are great, but the text is somewhat "unseen", try making it big and contrast it with the background, like when your BG is black, the text might be white or whatever you can think of.

This are my opinion. Dont judge it.

(Nov. 08, 2011  8:06 AM)BeyBoost Wrote: I was Working On this One Its my first sucesful sig with c4d's haha

its here:

[Image: narutosigv.png]

CNC please

CNC please! XD<<<sorry if this type of posting is not legal or banned

Too dark. Before you darken a sig, make it bright first. Then, slowly darken its edges and corners so there is vignette, and use the burn tool for it. However, make these lighter, because it looks like it doesnt have a lightsource(unless a light source is present in the un-vignetted parts)

its An OK sig, but its too dark

i have added lightning effects to darken it so even if i lighten it it becomes same dark and the sig have a small and light light source i have read somewhere that there are small light sources or something <<<<sory if i am wrong

You know what, drop out the dark, and make everything light-y

-deleted-

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Nov. 08, 2011

To me, when you darken something, it is to hide imperfections. I started noticing this in movies made in the last few years where they use special effects and graphics that obviously do not exist in real life. Harry Potter movies are even really dark, probably partly because they want to hide any flaw in the graphics.

Cool! I never thought about this i watched in many tuts that we make parts darker for adding depth? Uhhh!! it means i was going wrong! Aweosme Kai-v! but shoudl we add lighting to our sig? cause lighting makes some parts if sigs darker but it luks good <<sorry if this post is a spam and sorry for telling this again and again

RE: General GFX Thread - MetalStrike - Nov. 08, 2011

(Nov. 08, 2011  10:19 AM)Wolverine Mode Wrote:

'Dunamis got smudged':

Did you follow the tutorial I posted on GFXforums ? I am just curious anyway.

No.

Link it to me.

You have already posted in that thread Tired.

@BeyBoost : I think you are confused , it should not be too dark nor too light. Imagine a scene you have visited before and think about its lighting , where the lighting falls on and the shadows. Shadow is just the opposite side of a light. Btw , we should not make it dark for depth but increase its contrast (not too much though). Contrast is the range of colors that are darker and lighter in the design.

If you still don't understand , then let me know by PM Smile.

RE: General GFX Thread - MetalStrike - Nov. 08, 2011

You're Static?! Never knew.

And actually, I posted in that thread after I made those smudge pieces - I just took a quick look, I'll read it soon.

Yep , I am Static.
Btw , that tut wasn't made by me. Its Pochy's tutorial. He is an expert in smudging.

RE: General GFX Thread - Taj12 - Nov. 09, 2011

Well, here's my latest work: A fusion between two animals.
[Image: di-N1Z7.png]
The two animals I used:
Warning! The following images are JPEG (Click to View)
Self rendered and self made BG and Light source.

RE: General GFX Thread - Ga' - Nov. 09, 2011

That owl face looks so different from the dog body... The face looks pixellated, especially on the black areas.

RE: General GFX Thread - Taj12 - Nov. 09, 2011

I couldn't find a high quality owl. point taken, though. I'll try to improve on it if I feel like I need to. Anyone have any idea on how to make the owl face look like the dog?

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Nov. 09, 2011

Considering that one has an almost completely flat face while the other has a long nose and mouth, I would say that it is basically impossible to make an owl face look more like a dog face ...

RE: General GFX Thread - Ga' - Nov. 09, 2011

taj12, the main thing you're going for is smoothness, not necessarily looking similar. The owl face is well placed, but the black pixellated areas ruin it. And wouldn't you want to try putting more owl-esque features on the dog? You're going for a fusion, not an owl head on a dog body.

RE: General GFX Thread - Gripsocks - Nov. 10, 2011

(Nov. 09, 2011  8:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Considering that one has an almost completely flat face while the other has a long nose and mouth, I would say that it is basically impossible to make an owl face look more like a dog face ...

The point isn't to make owl face look like a dog face.. The point of this sort of manipulation is just to make a dog look like he has a owls head. Taj, didn't really blend it though.

RE: General GFX Thread - DeltaFate - Nov. 10, 2011

Cnc's On My Current Sig

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Nov. 10, 2011

(Nov. 10, 2011  12:49 AM)Gripsocks Wrote: The point isn't to make owl face look like a dog face.. The point of this sort of manipulation is just to make a dog look like he has a owls head. Taj, didn't really blend it though.

Taj12 Wrote:how to make the owl face look like the dog

How could you make only the owl face resemble a whole dog body ? This is what I meant. The way Taj12 wrote it, he must have implied that he wanted "the owl face [to] look like the dog [face]", because in any case that sentence does not really make sense.