World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - Xlr8 - Nov. 04, 2011

(Nov. 04, 2011  7:26 AM)DeX Wrote: Hmm, thanks.

I haven't seen you make a sig. why dont you show what you got? try to post some here

agree with u dex i also want to see wat he has got he haven't sid me anything but i don't like this man he just put comments on people's sigs nd never shows his sigs. haha i want to see his sigs to know wat bigmouth has got. <-- no offense

RE: General GFX Thread - Gripsocks - Nov. 04, 2011

I generally prefer not to do photoshop tags, as I feel constrained by the fact that I can't let my imaginations run wild. I also dislike taking credit for someone elses work that I've merely cut up(renders+brushes+c4ds)**. I like creating pieces from scratch in illustrator. If you would like to see my work you can visit my portfolio, the link is in my signature.

I'm not big mouthing at all. The way you perceive my constructive criticism is up to you, but if you read any of my
comments they all detail what I personally think you should work on. My opinion only has the value you give it,
so if you don't agree then don't give me your attention. I would suggest you do try some of the things I mention,
constructive criticism can only make you better. I've received much harsher words about my work. Trust me, I'm saying more than "I don't like your sig".

EDIT: Dex you have to understand the difference between someone asking for better lighting and someone
asking for brightness. Just because something is bright doesn't mean the sig showed an origin of light which
is key to establishing depth and composition.

**this is just how I feel when I make photoshop tags. I'm not making a statement about them in general.

RE: General GFX Thread - Xlr8 - Nov. 04, 2011

ha answer to ur feelings mate u can cut ur renders urself and every sig don't needs c4ds's and instead of brushes u can use pentool this combo can create some really nice works.

...It's more than cutting out a render; you don't draw your renders do you?

It's true some people can make great tags, but it's just not for me.
I like my freedom in illustrator. Smile

RE: General GFX Thread - Whatzzer - Nov. 04, 2011

(Nov. 04, 2011  6:39 AM)Xyo Wrote: DeX YOu have a great style but there is no Lighting with the bey and the text
@whattzer you need to stop with the motion blur and smudge i do not lik how you pu the text over low opacity rectangles and for the K-On one there are to many renders and no lighting don't use brushes (downloaded brushes) because it makes it bad(for your works anyway)no depth and lighting and text is bad and i'd ditch the border ill send you a PSD i havemight be helpful to you
That is only one render,actually.Sure,can I have the psd,but don't upload it at megaupload.My country banned the access to it

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Nov. 04, 2011

Gripsocks, everything I do comes from nothing, there is just the picture of the character. I just think there is a limit to how many renders you could make yourself, and there is a limit of time as well at some point hah.

I cannot even remember the last time I made a signature image, but for the past few months I have been having a really great idea about an Ankh versus Ankh (lost) theme and another cool idea came to solidify it recently. Imagine if I had to also make my own renders, I would never produce anything hah.

Kai, I did say "**this is just how I feel when I make photoshop tags. I'm not making a statement about them in general."

I don't mean to say everyone should draw renders, brushes, and C4D's. All I'm saying is that I don't like taking credit for something that is in MY mind a collective of other peoples work who've worked much harder than I on their part.

Like I said, that's not to say people can't come up with great creative tags.

RE: General GFX Thread - CocoaPuffs - Nov. 04, 2011

I have a question. What is the best size for a signature?

RE: General GFX Thread - Cygnus - Nov. 04, 2011

500x150 pixels. Its the usual size.

RE: General GFX Thread - NoodooSoup - Nov. 04, 2011

There is no best size. It depends on what you're trying to make.

RE: General GFX Thread - TITAN - Nov. 04, 2011

I don't think you should have to be a GFXer to comment on people's work. After all, in a sig shop, who asks for the sigs? Non-GFXers. The customers' opinions should matter most.

Also, if a butt-ugly sig is stinkin' up the forum, who has to see it? Everyone. You don't have to make GFX to know about GFX.

RE: General GFX Thread - Medz - Nov. 04, 2011

I really don't like the hostile attitude that some of you guys are showing towards gripsocks. Like mentioned multiple times previously, who said you have to make tags to comment on them?

This part may sound quite harsh but, Xlr8, you seem like a really confused child.

Also, DeX, like gripsocks said, go back to some of the basics, I'm not saying I'm one of the best here, I actually think there are a lot of people who are better than me at gfx here but these days it seems as if though the more advanced people get with their works, they forget the basics.

Just my $0.02.

RE: General GFX Thread - Taj12 - Nov. 04, 2011

Anyone know a good site for renders, apart from planet renders. (Which is down for now)

(Nov. 04, 2011  10:24 PM)Taj12 Wrote: Anyone know a good site for renders, apart from planet renders. (Which is down for now)

Premium Renders

RE: General GFX Thread - NoodooSoup - Nov. 04, 2011

Also, BakaRenders for anime renders.

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Nov. 05, 2011

(Nov. 04, 2011  1:01 PM)Whatzzer Wrote:
(Nov. 04, 2011  6:39 AM)Xyo Wrote: DeX YOu have a great style but there is no Lighting with the bey and the text
@whattzer you need to stop with the motion blur and smudge i do not lik how you pu the text over low opacity rectangles and for the K-On one there are to many renders and no lighting don't use brushes (downloaded brushes) because it makes it bad(for your works anyway)no depth and lighting and text is bad and i'd ditch the border ill send you a PSD i havemight be helpful to you
That is only one render,actually.Sure,can I have the psd,but don't upload it at megaupload.My country banned the access to it
Ok here sorry uploaded to media fire if you want megaupload you will get it later
http://www.mediafire.com/?3ar31sjsmc8kvi7

RE: General GFX Thread - DynaZord - Nov. 05, 2011

CnC on my latest Photoshop creation:
[Image: di-LMKP.png]
EDIT: Not really my best work, lol.
EDIT 2: Oh also, I was going off a tutorial to learn and stuff: http://www.guildinn.com/forum/intermediate/44481-simple-stock-c4d-signature-tutorial.html

RE: General GFX Thread - Gripsocks - Nov. 05, 2011

(Nov. 05, 2011  1:43 AM)Coasters "R" Us Wrote: CnC on my latest Photoshop creation:
[Image: di-LMKP.png]
EDIT: Not really my best work, lol.

I think it would look better without the text and C4D's as they just seem placed.
I like the background though, you should establish a consistent flow so you
can properly use your C4D's. The color on the C4D+text is off the sigs color scheme.

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Nov. 05, 2011

The sides are to dark and the text is bad the C4D Placement is bad try Hue/Saturation? and the render is to dark no lighting at all you should try to burn everything(slight burning)except the focal's chest and head and try to Hue/ Saturation the C4D with a color that with the color scheme

RE: General GFX Thread - TITAN - Nov. 05, 2011

He may want it to be dark...

It seems good, but the little thingies (I'm guessing that they're C4Ds) seem kind of random. But you get -1 for liking Halo. XP

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladerPotter - Nov. 05, 2011

Ah...since my battle with DeX, Xyo, Fathom, BeybladeMonitor, Taj12, and Whatzzer is not anonymous, I figured I might as well post my entry here.

The sig is my idea of snow. You may think it's childish but I never knew what snow is all about or what it feels like to have snow since there is no snow here at all. This is merely my imagination. All of this were made by scratch by the way. Everything. The boy, the snowman, the snowball, the motion for the snowball and etc.

[Image: di-JXRB.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - Glad Hatter - Nov. 05, 2011

It's somewhat super effective?

[Image: TV%252520sig%252520bamboo%252520background.jpg]

RE: General GFX Thread - Gripsocks - Nov. 05, 2011

(Nov. 05, 2011  6:37 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: You may think it's childish but I never knew what snow is all about or what it feels like to have snow since there is no snow here at all. This is merely my imagination.

Be thankful... Just got my power back after a week because there was a flash blizzard which came before the trees lost their leaves so it was able to manifest on branches, thus break literally every single tree in half.

RE: General GFX Thread - Focus - Nov. 05, 2011

CNC on my current signature!

RE: General GFX Thread - TITAN - Nov. 05, 2011

Text doesn't look good at all, render seems to stick out too much, etc.