World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - Xlr8 - Oct. 24, 2011

(Oct. 24, 2011  10:19 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: ^ Haha. No need to say no offense bro. I take criticism! Anyways, I made a tag and I need some CnCs. I reduced the pentooling in this one.
[Image: di-KBFJ.png]

u reduced or increased the use of pentooling bp anyways awesome tag can u please teel where u took that stock u used in bg from

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladerPotter - Oct. 24, 2011

Just download this pack by Skrillex:
http://gfxforums.net/thread-prominence-hd-breath-taking-sci-fi-bg-s

RE: General GFX Thread - Destroy24 - Oct. 24, 2011

how's this?
[Image: Destroy24sSig11.png]
CnCs please

RE: General GFX Thread - SyTric XZ - Oct. 24, 2011

The Frame used is too bad! and the text placement too you could removed the frame,and make the text big! <<<<(correct me if m wrong)

(Oct. 24, 2011  10:19 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: ^ Haha. No need to say no offense bro. I take criticism! Anyways, I made a tag and I need some CnCs. I reduced the pentooling in this one.

wow awesome tag! i liked the light source and the render too much!

RE: General GFX Thread - NoodooSoup - Oct. 24, 2011

This one is much better. Pen tool should be used in moderation.

RE: General GFX Thread - Whatzzer - Oct. 24, 2011

Guys,how are you so pro in Pen tooling?I suck at it.Help me!!!How did you make the glow,BP.Seems that I don't think even my CS5 can help me with my pen tooling.Oh,BTW,every or my signature is made with a Touchpad.Anything wrong there?Should I use a mouse?I hate to.

RE: General GFX Thread - Xlr8 - Oct. 24, 2011

(Oct. 24, 2011  12:45 PM)Whatzzer Wrote: Guys,how are you so pro in Pen tooling?I suck at it.Help me!!!How did you make the glow,BP.Seems that I don't think even my CS5 can help me with my pen tooling.Oh,BTW,every or my signature is made with a Touchpad.Anything wrong there?Should I use a mouse?I hate to.

i also use touchpad for rendering and pentooling but still it's great man or it might be cause i m good at drawing

RE: General GFX Thread - Kujikato - Oct. 24, 2011

wanna have a Pen Tool battle Xlr8? the best Pen Tool user?! tag is only allowed to be made of Pen Tool lines, brushes, and smudges, no renders!
(Oct. 24, 2011  12:06 PM)Destroy24 Wrote: how's this?
[Image: Destroy24sSig11.png]
CnCs please

getting there mate, getting there, just work on BG and stuff Grin

Making random lines and setting it on "Simulate Pressure" doesn't really show skill with the Pen tool...

RE: General GFX Thread - MetalStrike - Oct. 24, 2011

I did this in 5 minutes.

Original:
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/18600000/Kyoya-beyblade-metal-fusion-18605279-900-506.jpg
Inspiration:
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh&section&q=beyblade+kyoya#/d3bwygq
Outcome:
[Image: DMS+AWP+-+Kyoya+Special+1.png]

(Oct. 24, 2011  7:59 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Making random lines and setting it on "Simulate Pressure" doesn't really show skill with the Pen tool...

True that. Try making lines in GIMP and find out how to make it glow. It took me great deal of time to figure that out.

On another note, I'll tell you how to make it glow anyway. Once you have finished stroking a path, duplicate the layer that you stroked the path on. Gaussian blur of 7.00 - 11.00 on the ORIGINAL layer. Duplicate the blurred layer. Then set the UN-BLURRED layer to screen and there! That was how I did it in GIMP.

Oh and Noodoo, expect a PM soon. Since your text is just epic, I decided to just ask you because...

1. We both use GIMP somehow.
2. Well, your text is really awesome anyway.

(Oct. 24, 2011  8:43 PM)BeybladerPotter Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2011  7:59 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Making random lines and setting it on "Simulate Pressure" doesn't really show skill with the Pen tool...

True that. Try making lines in GIMP and find out how to make it glow. It took me great deal of time to figure that out.

On another note, I'll tell you how to make it glow anyway. Once you have finished stroking a path, duplicate the layer that you stroked the path on. Gaussian blur of 7.00 - 11.00 on the ORIGINAL layer. Duplicate the blurred layer. Then set the UN-BLURRED layer to screen and there! That was how I did it in GIMP.

Oh and Noodoo, expect a PM soon. Since your text is just epic, I decided to just ask you because...

1. We both use GIMP somehow.
2. Well, your text is really awesome anyway.

Thanks for the glow tip, but I already knew that ^^; How do you think I used to make my poorly cut renders blend in when I used Paint.NET Wink ?

My text? Epic? That's something I never thought I'd hear. Compared to others, especially on gfxforums.net, it's pretty standard, in my opinion Confused

Compared to mine, it is. And the tip wasn't really for you because I figured you would know seeing as you are on GFXF. You are a bit more advanced than that. LOL. :p Yah...your text is great! Especially in that Zoid tag.

RE: General GFX Thread - RedMockingjay - Oct. 24, 2011

My attempt at a signature and icon.
Signature (Click to View)
CnC please?

RE: General GFX Thread - S.D.C - Oct. 25, 2011

(Oct. 24, 2011  10:40 PM)Redbird Wrote: My attempt at a signature and icon.
CnC please?
It's ok, you don't need more than one render per sig, there is no real focal point. It looks like just some random effects put everywhere with no though put in to it whatsoever (no offence). Also save images as .png, not .gif for better quality.

Anyone mind CnCing my current signature?

RE: General GFX Thread - RedMockingjay - Oct. 25, 2011

(Oct. 25, 2011  1:03 AM)SDamonCronous Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2011  10:40 PM)Redbird Wrote: My attempt at a signature and icon.
CnC please?
It's ok, you don't need more than one render per sig, there is no real focal point. It looks like just some random effects put everywhere with no though put in to it whatsoever (no offence). Also save images as .png, not .gif for better quality.

Anyone mind CnCing my current signature?
Thanks. It's good to know what I need to work on for my skills. Also if I use the pen tool as a free path is it ok if some of the picture (background) is still there? Or do I have to get it off a certain way?

RE: General GFX Thread - Xlr8 - Oct. 25, 2011

(Oct. 24, 2011  3:32 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: wanna have a Pen Tool battle Xlr8? the best Pen Tool user?! tag is only allowed to be made of Pen Tool lines, brushes, and smudges, no renders!

dude u have alredy shown us some great use of pentool in ur tags so i will say that i m now still not good as u r so lets postpone it and do it after sometime when i will improv
e

RE: General GFX Thread - Kujikato - Oct. 25, 2011

Hey! othellog is most likely better than me mate Grin i just scribble randomly with the pen tool ya know Smile

RE: General GFX Thread - Taj12 - Oct. 25, 2011

Hmm... Can I join that? An abstract sig seems good to me. Especially against the person who taught me how to use the pen tool properly in the first place. (apart from DeX)

sure, if Xlr8 agrees Grin

RE: General GFX Thread - Wolverine Mode - Oct. 25, 2011

[Image: H7q9R.png]

@ Wolverine Mode Pen Tool and Distort spam?

RE: General GFX Thread - JCx06 - Oct. 25, 2011

@ Izuma it was probably smudge more, his recent previous posts on here were about smudging.
Anybody have good GIMP tut links? still working my way around after switching from photoshop. oh yeah, sketchbook express is a user-friendly version of ms paint.

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladerPotter - Oct. 25, 2011

^Haha lol. If you really need tuts on GIMP, I'll PM you some and I'll compile tut for beginners on GIMP

RE: General GFX Thread - Taj12 - Oct. 25, 2011

(Oct. 22, 2011  3:58 AM)othellog Wrote: I made this for my friend in Brazil:
[Image: rain0.png]
What do you think?
This got lost a while back, but I forgot to ask, how did you make that render outline? Did you simply use the pen tool or was there more to it?