World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - Imperial - Oct. 01, 2011

I think this is my first sig I am really proud of.
But it could still use some work so any critique?
[Image: vd1gmo.gif]

RE: General GFX Thread - CocoaPuffs - Oct. 01, 2011

@InfiniteLibra I do like it! its not the best but its still cool looking! your rendering needs a bit of work... but I shouldnt say that beacause I just became good at rendering a few days ago... and i'm still not very good... lol

RE: General GFX Thread - blah - Oct. 01, 2011

Hmm, what do you guys think of my current signature ?
I quite like it, aha; CnCs ? =p

RE: General GFX Thread - Medz - Oct. 01, 2011

It's really nice, I'm just not really feeling those 3 slanted blocks near Salamence.

RE: General GFX Thread - Imperial - Oct. 01, 2011

I really like your sig Blah that's why I tried to make one like yours a few posts above you.

RE: General GFX Thread - .:J:. - Oct. 01, 2011

what is the official meaning of graphics? because all you lot is post sigs and avis, but isn't there more to it than that?

RE: General GFX Thread - Medz - Oct. 01, 2011

graphicsplural of graph·ics (Noun)
1. The products of the graphic arts, esp. commercial design or illustration.

Just because there is more to it doesn't mean its wrong to stick to what we're doing now.

RE: General GFX Thread - .:J:. - Oct. 01, 2011

no I never said that, it's just some people have said things that make it seem like its only for avatars and signatures, and by commercial design and illustration, does that mean things done on the computer? or just general art?

RE: General GFX Thread - Kujikato - Oct. 01, 2011

I am feeling kindda neglected, i've posted a couple of GFXs for CnCs so i could get better and no one replied Crying

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Oct. 01, 2011

(Oct. 01, 2011  4:24 PM)Nwolf Wrote: no I never said that, it's just some people have said things that make it seem like its only for avatars and signatures, and by commercial design and illustration, does that mean things done on the computer? or just general art?

Graphics usually only refer to things done with a photo-editing program, yes.

RE: General GFX Thread - NoodooSoup - Oct. 01, 2011

Well, Nwolf, you can do photo manipulation (which I'll be doing very soon), logos, banners, digital painting, and even graffiti (if it's done on a photo editing program), and it'll be counted as GFX.

And othellog, it's different for GIMP. Unlike in Photoshop, there is no Simulate Pressure option on GIMP, which is how you made that line, no?

RE: General GFX Thread - othellog - Oct. 01, 2011

(Oct. 01, 2011  7:09 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: Well, Nwolf, you can do photo manipulation (which I'll be doing very soon), logos, banners, digital painting, and even graffiti (if it's done on a photo editing program), and it'll be counted as GFX.

And othellog, it's different for GIMP. Unlike in Photoshop, there is no Simulate Pressure option on GIMP, which is how you made that line, no?
For that line, yes. Did GIMP really not have that option? Not even somewhere else, maybe a script-fu or something.

No, last I checked, there's no simulate pressure. Sadly Unhappy

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Oct. 01, 2011

What is that "simulate pressure" option anyway ... Surely nothing that cannot be done another way.

It makes it so that the lines thin out on the end of the line when you're using the pen tool. It can also be used with a tablet so that the harder you press, the thicker the line will be, the lighter you press, thinner; like an ink pen. It can be done by erasing the end of lines, but I don't have a steady hand so it would be really bad.

RE: General GFX Thread - othellog - Oct. 01, 2011

I tried to recreate a piece of art I saw on my forum. But, I couldn't quite get it.
[Image: alakam.png]
CnC please

BTW, I haven't been using a tut for my last couple sigs.

RE: General GFX Thread - S.D.C - Oct. 02, 2011

(Oct. 01, 2011  11:36 PM)othellog Wrote: I tried to recreate a piece of art I saw on my forum. But, I couldn't quite get it.
CnC please

Cool, I like the light source. The lines look great with this as well, everything just kinda fits.

RE: General GFX Thread - othellog - Oct. 02, 2011

(Oct. 02, 2011  12:39 AM)SDamonCronous Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2011  11:36 PM)othellog Wrote: I tried to recreate a piece of art I saw on my forum. But, I couldn't quite get it.
CnC please

Cool, I like the light source. The lines look great with this as well, everything just kinda fits.
Thanx, I tried to recreate Riot's work.
*This is not my work!*
[Image: BirdsofaFeather.png]
I repeat *This is not my work!*

RE: General GFX Thread - Imperial - Oct. 02, 2011

Nice sig othellog it fits the alakazam theme well.

Well here's another pokemon sig I tried. For some reason it is really fun to make pokemon sigs.
BTW Scizor is using hyper beam

[Image: 10xdgme.png]

(Oct. 02, 2011  2:49 AM)InfiniteLibra Wrote: Nice sig othellog it fits the alakazam theme well.

Well here's another pokemon sig I tried. For some reason it is really fun to make pokemon sigs.
BTW Scizor is using hyper beam

[Image: 10xdgme.png]
The sig needs more blending. I like that your starting to make more effects, but it still seems that you have a render and a background.(You know what I mean)

I just created this:
[Image: tekkenj.png]
I think its really good, and I might use it in a battle in my GFX forum.
CnC please...

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladerPotter - Oct. 02, 2011

Hey Othellog, get ready! Once I'm a lvl. 0 designer, I'm soo going to challenge you to a rematch in GI!

(Oct. 02, 2011  3:53 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Hey Othellog, get ready! Once I'm a lvl. 0 designer, I'm soo going to challenge you to a rematch in GI!

I did not see that coming! This will be fun.
Well, I already have one win...
Well, put the thread up, or do you want me to do it.

Btw, what is your user name on GI?

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladerPotter - Oct. 02, 2011

BPFrAcTiOnX...LOL. I <3 Math. Anyways, you put up the thread while I'll get around to 15 posts..

(Oct. 02, 2011  4:02 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: BPFrAcTiOnX...LOL. I <3 Math. Anyways, you put up the thread while I'll get around to 15 posts..
Ya, I thought that was you. I was about to say you needed 15 posts. Post in the show-off your work forum. You'll get to 15 posts in no time, and you will meet more people. Also, make a thread in the introduce yourself forum, that will also help you get in the forum.

Oh carp, you already made a intro thread... I'm reading it, lol.

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Oct. 02, 2011

[Image: di-UIRI.png]
tadah Grin
othellog, how do i register in guild inn because i entered my DOB and says we cant register you