World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Sep. 30, 2011

I dislike the displace effect try using clipping masks with splatter brushes

RE: General GFX Thread - Kujikato - Sep. 30, 2011

hows these sigs?

Mine: [Image: IzumaInzorissig131.png]

Blitz's: [Image: BlitzInzorissig.png]

PS Blitz did his.

CnCs please, and also, how to do scan lines in PS3?

RE: General GFX Thread - othellog - Sep. 30, 2011

(Sep. 30, 2011  1:21 PM)BeybladerPotter Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2011  12:37 PM)othellog Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2011  12:15 PM)blah Wrote: [Image: slifer.jpg]

it's my first attempt at smudging hahah

CnC I guess ?
Pretty nice... It has a good light source. Tongue_out
What do you think of this?
[Image: gangar.png]
CnC
The text is once again distracting. Use the rule of thirds. Anyways, the choice of B&W here wasn't right. Colors!! Moar!! Plus, the light source you did is becoming the focal now rather than Gengar.....

Eh, I'm not sure I completely agree with that...
The light source is coming from the bottom left because this is a "action" signature. The light source matches my render and its placement well.

[Image: 094gengar.png]

Lol, I haven't done a black and white in a while...
But anyways, I'm using the rule of thirds, but my text is horrible... I mean I think my work is good, but just not my text placement. Thanx for you opinion.
(It seems kinda weird that I'm commenting on what you said after I asked for your opinion. But, what you said had to deal less opinionated matters.) Smile

Ay yo BP!
Just out of curiosity, what is your top ten group artists on this forum.(Lets say without Fyuuor or Vintage)

RE: General GFX Thread - NoodooSoup - Sep. 30, 2011

(Sep. 30, 2011  9:33 PM)othellog Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what is your top ten group artists on this forum.

Why does it matter? We shouldn't compare ourselves to other people; you'll never improve like that.

(Sep. 30, 2011  9:45 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2011  9:33 PM)othellog Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what is your top ten group artists on this forum.

Why does it matter? We shouldn't compare ourselves to other people; you'll never improve like that.
We are you getting so...
It was just a damn question. Fine, we may as well not do GFX battles while we are at it.

I see what you saying, but I specifically want to know. And if you don't compare yourself to others, how are you suppose to know your level? Looking at other people work won't tell you other people opinions.

RE: General GFX Thread - NoodooSoup - Sep. 30, 2011

You know your level based on how much knowledge you possess, and how you execute your things. You are a good artist and I don't need to compare you to anyone to tell you that.

(Sep. 30, 2011  10:18 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote: You know your level based on how much knowledge you possess, and how you execute your things. You are a good artist and I don't need to compare you to anyone to tell you that.
That's one way of showing it.
That is a way of saying that you have pride. "I believe in myself, and my capabilities." is something that everyone should feel, but is does not prove anything. You are not proving to anyone that you are good. That is when competition comes into play. Let me tell you something. People have been practicing for things their whole life, and still have no way of proving it. If a NFL team goes 16-0 in the regular season, It doesn't mean carp. The patriots did thought and still lost in the playoffs. You have one chance, as Eminem would say. This might be about signatures, but the term "life lessons" applies to everything in life. Basically, what you practice is not always constant with what your result is.
There aren't many things that are constant in life, by the way.

RE: General GFX Thread - blah - Oct. 01, 2011

(Sep. 30, 2011  9:45 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote:

Since I hardly have the time to create graphics and such I too would like to know where I stand. Tongue_out

RE: General GFX Thread - Sparta - Oct. 01, 2011

Everyone likes different things, so everyone will have different people. I don't see much of the point, but this is coming from someone who is not even close to top 10.

RE: General GFX Thread - MetalStrike - Oct. 01, 2011

New stuff: (Click to View)

RE: General GFX Thread - CocoaPuffs - Oct. 01, 2011

does anyone like my sig?

RE: General GFX Thread - Futomos - Oct. 01, 2011

Just downloaded GIMP today, made this:
CnC, I guess.

RE: General GFX Thread - Sparta - Oct. 01, 2011

I thought it was red skull Chocked_2

Anyways I like that one. The colors match well.

@Futumos The effect on Reshiram's wing is sweet. Text is a little plain but I guess that isn't the focal point of your sig.

RE: General GFX Thread - Kujikato - Oct. 01, 2011

(Sep. 30, 2011  3:35 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: hows these sigs?

Mine: [Image: IzumaInzorissig131.png]

Blitz's: [Image: BlitzInzorissig.png]

PS Blitz did his.

CnCs please, and also, how to do scan lines in PS3?
CnCs please, me and Blitz Inzori want to improve

RE: General GFX Thread - othellog - Oct. 01, 2011

I just made this:
[Image: wartutrltie.png]
The sig itself may not be the best, but I finally have good text!
CnC please

RE: General GFX Thread - Flaming Aries - Oct. 01, 2011

A sig I made it is bad!
[Image: spiderman.png]

CNC

RE: General GFX Thread - S.D.C - Oct. 01, 2011

(Oct. 01, 2011  5:47 AM)othellog Wrote: I just made this:
CnC please
Pretty good, I have a question. How do you get the line under the text to fade like that? And how do you get the glow behind the text?

RE: General GFX Thread - Whatzzer - Oct. 01, 2011

Then again,I do have a question too.What font is that?

RE: General GFX Thread - Whatzzer - Oct. 01, 2011

[Image: neeeee3.png]
[Image: newsigscythe2.png]
[Image: Whatzzersig.png]
New sigs.CnC,please.

RE: General GFX Thread - S.D.C - Oct. 01, 2011

Oh, and ho about my new avatar?
[Image: cbmuU.png]
CnC please

(Oct. 01, 2011  6:22 AM)SDamonCronous Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2011  5:47 AM)othellog Wrote: I just made this:
CnC please
Pretty good, I have a question. How do you get the line under the text to fade like that? And how do you get the glow behind the text?
Are you using gimp?
I use the pen tool, I have mad pen tool skills. You should learn how to use that tool.

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Oct. 01, 2011

how can you put the glow? I am looking for that for hours

(Oct. 01, 2011  2:34 PM)DeX Wrote: how can you put the glow? I am looking for that for hours
Let me tell you a secret.
To get that effect, you make three copies of your text.(or more) Then you set the first two text layers to overlay, then Gaussian Blur you last layer until you see what you like.

RE: General GFX Thread - Futomos - Oct. 01, 2011

(Oct. 01, 2011  3:39 AM)Futomos Wrote: Just downloaded GIMP today, made this: CnC, I guess.

Just wanted to get this to people's attention, this is my first sig, plain simple, I downloaded GIMP yesterday, wanted advice. I just got a render from Guild Inn of Zekrom and Reshiram, then I duplicated the render of Zekrom until the White space from when you open a new doc was full, then used Radial Blur on all duplicates, and put one render of Reshiram, and finally, opened up another zekrom render, used radial blur, and put in near the left towards the wing of Reshiram, then put a pretty boring text, and this took me about 20 minutes (first sig, made yesterday), so um, advice?

(Oct. 01, 2011  2:49 PM)Futomos Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2011  3:39 AM)Futomos Wrote: Just downloaded GIMP today, made this: CnC, I guess.

Just wanted to get this to people's attention, this is my first sig, plain simple, I downloaded GIMP yesterday, wanted advice. I just got a render from Guild Inn of Zekrom and Reshiram, then I duplicated the render of Zekrom until the White space from when you open a new doc was full, then used Radial Blur on all duplicates, and put one render of Reshiram, and finally, opened up another zekrom render, used radial blur, and put in near the left towards the wing of Reshiram, then put a pretty boring text, and this took me about 20 minutes (first sig, made yesterday), so um, advice?
Join a Gimp GFX forum.
It will help a lot.