World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 (/Thread-MFB-Tiers-list-Last-Updated-27-12-11)

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 03/06/11 - LeoneLione - Jun. 08, 2011

(Jun. 08, 2011  4:09 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: LeoneLione: hasbros dark is as good/slightly better then rock for defence

Still, why would anyone use it?

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 03/06/11 - lord Wolfblade - Jun. 08, 2011

(Jun. 08, 2011  4:12 PM)LeoneLione Wrote:
(Jun. 08, 2011  4:09 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: LeoneLione: hasbros dark is as good/slightly better then rock for defence

Still, why would anyone use it?

in case they didn't have any of the tier one/tier two wheels

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 03/06/11 - Ultra - Jun. 08, 2011

It's only really there for people who buy Hasbro who don't have access to earth.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 03/06/11 - Janstarblast - Jun. 08, 2011

I have a question- Why is Rock a Tier 2 for attack? Agreed, that it has good recoil attack, but I think it should go down to tier 3... Correct me if I am wrong

(Jun. 08, 2011  4:27 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: I have a question- Why is Rock a Tier 2 for attack? Agreed, that it has good recoil attack, but I think it should go down to tier 3... Correct me if I am wrong

I agree, one upon a time it was a good smash attacker, now it's a bit less than decent.

(Jun. 08, 2011  4:27 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: I have a question- Why is Rock a Tier 2 for attack? Agreed, that it has good recoil attack, but I think it should go down to tier 3... Correct me if I am wrong

i agree, it has been outclassed for around 9 months (along with ray, saggitario, leone, and quetzalcoatl... and IMO pegasis)

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 03/06/11 - Janstarblast - Jun. 08, 2011

I'd like to add, that one of th!nk's post in one thread said that L Drago is a good wheel too, I think it can replace Rock now...

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 03/06/11 - th!nk - Jun. 08, 2011

Rock is pretty good, though for straight out recoil attack, it's the same as counter, basically (though that may say more about Counter's placement). That said, try MF Rock Escolpio 85/90 F/MF. It's pretty decent. It's kinda like a destabiliser on steroids (obviously, it's doing nothing against basalt, but try it against Earth GB145CS, mebbe).
TBH, if Rock goes to Tier 3, a number of other wheels may need to be looked at, though I want to play around more before I post my opinion on their placement.

Also, LeoneLione: Dark is WAY better than rock for Defense, and it definitely deserves to be listed, at least more than Rock. It might even fit into Tier 2, given Grand has recoil issues and stuff. While we're on defence, Nightmare should be added to Tier 2. We haven't got much testing, but Kai-V is quite convinced, from what I can tell, that it may be comparable to Earth.

@th!nk: and people say dark is the worst Smug

um, why no 100 track for stamina? i think it should be there...

(Jun. 08, 2011  4:36 PM)th!nk Wrote: that it may be comparable to Earth.

Well thats... surprising. Come to think of it, nightmare does look a bit like the Beat metal part. With the sides rounded and two little bars coming out between them...

Huh? Maybe you're confused, Nightmare resembles storm more than other wheels.

(Jun. 08, 2011  4:57 PM)th!nk Wrote: Huh? Maybe you're confused, Nightmare resembles storm more than other wheels.

Ooops, my bad, got mixed up with midnight...

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 03/06/11 - Kai-V - Jun. 08, 2011

Comparable to Earth, but perhaps not tier 2 ...

Given Earth (Mold 2) is tier one, and that there are a lot of pretty average wheels in Tier 2 (grand, infinity), I'd think that'd be suitable, no?

@ LordWolfblade: Hah, they've not tried Poison or a lot of legend wheels. That said, Dark is more "annoying" due to it's inclusion in a lot of otherwise useful beys.
And yeah, 100 warrants inclusion in tier 2 stamina, I'd think.

It did better against MF Pegasis 145RF than MF Earth Bull GB145CS did (Well for one of the battles):
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Rubber-on-Rubber-Defensive-Sticky-Grip-RS-VS-RSF-VS-CS
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Nightmare-Discussion

It needs more testing: We should start with LLD BD145LRF, I can't because I don't have a TT stadium nor do I have a LRF yet (Christmas).

(Jun. 08, 2011  5:11 PM)th!nk Wrote: @ LordWolfblade: Hah, they've not tried Poison or a lot of legend wheels. That said, Dark is more "annoying" due to it's inclusion in a lot of otherwise useful beys.

i agree, fury and poison are worse then dark, but i can see dark as annoying do there being so many

(Jun. 08, 2011  5:12 PM)LeoneLione Wrote: It did better against MF Pegasis 145RF than MF Earth Bull GB145CS did (Well for one of the battles):
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Rubber-on-Rubber-Defensive-Sticky-Grip-RS-VS-RSF-VS-CS
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Nightmare-Discussion

It needs more testing: We should start with LLD BD145LRF, I can't because I don't have a TT stadium nor do I have a LRF yet (Christmas).

It'd get like 0%. You've gotta use something comparable to actually measure things. Maybe MF LLD CH120RF.
That said, there really are more important things to test, TBH.

I think rock has attack power that is good enough for it to be on tier 2. It does alright against even rubber bottoms being able to throw them around at least. Most of the legend wheels seem mediocre at best against current combos apart from night and torch both of which showed some potential.

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 03/06/11 - Whatzzer - Jun. 08, 2011

Well,I don't think it deserves it's place there.It's just somehow too outclassed.Tier 3 would do it fine.What about Counter?Ain't Counter better than Rock?

RE: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 03/06/11 - Kai-V - Jun. 08, 2011

(Jun. 08, 2011  5:11 PM)th!nk Wrote: Given Earth (Mold 2) is tier one, and that there are a lot of pretty average wheels in Tier 2 (grand, infinity), I'd think that'd be suitable, no?

To be honest I did not even check the first post, I just thought Earth might be in the second tier now with Basalt existing, but if that is the case, then yes, the second tier should be fine.

(Jun. 08, 2011  5:39 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: It does alright against even rubber bottoms being able to throw them around at least.

how much win % does its "throwing around" give it vs rubber bottoms?

Whatzzer: last i checked, rock was better

(Jun. 08, 2011  5:47 PM)Whatzzer Wrote: Well,I don't think it deserves it's place there.It's just somehow too outclassed.Tier 3 would do it fine.What about Counter?Ain't Counter better than Rock?

Gonna be honest, I don't think you know what you're talking about. "It's somehow just too outclassed" is far too vague, given all the opposing arguments have actually, you know, had substance.

LordWolfblade, give the combo I suggested a shot, if you can (MF Rock Escolpio 85/90MF/F). Most of the beys in tier 2 do pretty badly vs RS/RSF and even CS, FWIW.

IMO, Counter is better than Rock on H145 (I think RustyXD posted testing to prove that, too) but I like Rock on Low tracks. TBH, they're about even, just "different". Having counter in the same tier as Leone is awkward, when it's re-organised we may need to do a large re-shuffle of the tier 2/3 attack wheels, removing a few tier 3 wheels, and demoting a number of tier 2 wheels to tier 3. For example, the difference between Vulcan and many of the other wheels in Tier 2 is so big that they don't really fit in the same tier. Again, I need to play with a number of wheels I got recently before I say anything more specific.

(Jun. 08, 2011  6:17 PM)th!nk Wrote: LordWolfblade, give the combo I suggested a shot, if you can (MF Rock Escolpio 85/90MF/F). Most of the beys in tier 2 do pretty badly vs RS/RSF and even CS, FWIW.

IMO, Counter is better than Rock on H145 (I think RustyXD posted testing to prove that, too) but I like Rock on Low tracks. TBH, they're about even, just "different". Having counter in the same tier as Leone is awkward, when it's re-organised we may need to do a large re-shuffle of the tier 2/3 attack wheels, removing a few tier 3 wheels, and demoting a number of tier 2 wheels to tier 3. For example, the difference between Vulcan and many of the other wheels in Tier 2 is so big that they don't really fit in the same tier. Again, I need to play with a number of wheels I got recently before I say anything more specific.

i will when i get more parts, but i am sure it will do good as MF has more stamina then RS

ah, i wasn't really sure about counter, i was going with the original tests

To reshuffle things need to be tested. Would love to do this but I currently have no attack stadium.

Fair, fair. That's a lot of testing of outdated parts, though. I might be able to do a little testing to help out if I get well soon enough, though I could be sick for a while, so yeah Uncertain