World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Sep. 19, 2011

too bright and has no depth btw did you make the BG?

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Sep. 19, 2011

grunge brush, then smudge i suppose.

There is depth. It isn't to bright, too

in the right side it is and it has little depth he needs to sharpen the render

RE: General GFX Thread - Taj12 - Sep. 19, 2011

What is a C4D and how do you make one?
And regarding FX tournament rules, are you allowed to use premade images along with your main render i.e. sparks

RE: General GFX Thread - S.D.C - Sep. 19, 2011

(Sep. 19, 2011  9:52 AM)taj12 Wrote: What is a C4D and how do you make one?
And regarding FX tournament rules, are you allowed to use premade images along with your main render i.e. sparks
A C4D is a 3D image made using a program called Cinema 4D. They can add depth and make your GFX look nicer and give it a more professional look if used correctly (Hint: I am using one in my sig right now)

(Sep. 18, 2011  2:11 PM)Xyo Wrote: Too bright and i think you should add a cinematic border and i dislike the outer glow and you should try making a BG by filling your canvas with the render and Filter>Distort>Wave then smudge a little and set to overlay then merge the duplicate Filter>Distort>Ripple then overlay again because the BG is quite bad and it has no flow sorry if you find this post of mine offensive.
Don't worry, I don't think that is at all offensive. You are just trying to help, I asked for comments and you gave me one along with how to improve it. Although, I should add that this sig is meant tie in with my new user title 'The Ghost of Time'. The background is meant to be an urban city that has a shift effect on it to make it look like it is moving slightly, as if the render (Teito Klein) is moving through time. The white lines are meant to represent how time is slowly breaking apart, as according to one of the many laws of Quantum Physics. It also adds a cool effect. As for the brightness, it is not meant to be a dark sig. But I see your point, I may edit that...

(Sep. 19, 2011  7:24 AM)Zonder Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  4:58 AM)SDamonCronous Wrote: On another note; I just made myself a signature because I frankly disliked my old one, it had no depth to it. I quite like this one though:
~image snip

I actually feel that this one has a bit of a depth problem as well. It looks nice in general, but I think a bit of a guassian blur on the background would help if depth if what you're shooting for.
Hmm... By depth I was thinking more along the depth of thought put into making the sig, my last one was horrible and had no though in it. But I like the idea, I will think about it.

Thanks to both of you for your constructive critisizm, I will take it all on board. Expect a newer version of this sig up soonish...

i think you should try it with a nice city stock meaning a real life photograph of a city it can also be an image from a game or anything

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Sep. 19, 2011

(Sep. 19, 2011  9:16 AM)Xyo Wrote: in the right side it is and it has little depth he needs to sharpen the render

It is actually a very good signature picture and I do not know why you need to criticise it so much.

Sorry got carried away maybe im jealous because it is normally better than what i do for hours and im very competitive to people who i just met and i get really jealous

RE: General GFX Thread - Vintage - Sep. 19, 2011

(Sep. 19, 2011  7:24 AM)Zonder Wrote:
(Sep. 18, 2011  4:58 AM)SDamonCronous Wrote: On another note; I just made myself a signature because I frankly disliked my old one, it had no depth to it. I quite like this one though:
~image snip

I actually feel that this one has a bit of a depth problem as well. It looks nice in general, but I think a bit of a guassian blur on the background would help if depth if what you're shooting for.

--

So I guess I'll try posting my most recent banner:
[Image: HQDb5.png]

And this is the only Beyblade related banner I've ever made (should change that at some point) I'm not too fond of the level of sharpness going on with the blade cause I feel it sort of clashes with the rest of the banner, but for the grand total of five minutes I spent making this, I like it.

[Image: 06cub.png]

The top one is very nice, but a little empty on the right side, making it look bright, so maybe you should have something there.

For the bottom one, he looks kind of evil, and me likey. Smile

RE: General GFX Thread - MetalStrike - Sep. 20, 2011

An animation:

[Image: DMS+AWP+-+Chris+7+%2528ani%2529.gif]

I focused on the effects, so CnC on them too. Smile

RE: General GFX Thread - TanithElite - Sep. 20, 2011

can somebody render something for me

Rather just asking if anybody can, just post the pic to render, then someone might do it for you.

I can. Send me the pic via PM.

RE: General GFX Thread - NoodooSoup - Sep. 20, 2011

(Sep. 19, 2011  7:24 AM)Zonder Wrote: So I guess I'll try posting my most recent banner:
[Image: HQDb5.png]

I like this one, a lot. The render is nice, and blends in well with the background. Only problem is what Synergy said; it's a tad bit empty on the right. Maybe some small text or an effect?

RE: General GFX Thread - Zonder - Sep. 20, 2011

(Sep. 19, 2011  10:00 AM)SDamonCronous Wrote: Hmm... By depth I was thinking more along the depth of thought put into making the sig, my last one was horrible and had no though in it. But I like the idea, I will think about it.
Ah. I've definitely been through that before. I end up working on sigs for far too long at times because I keep thinking the final product looks like I didn't spend enough time on it.

And to Xyo, no worries. I've been doing graphics for a good five years and I still run into images from other people that make me feel that tinge of jealousy at times, but I just try using that as motivation for improving what I do. (and I won't even show off the stuff I did in my first year or so because of how bad I think they are)

Quote:I like this one, a lot. The render is nice, and blends in well with the background. Only problem is what Synergy said; it's a tad bit empty on the right. Maybe some small text or an effect?
I wanted to add some text in there, but I felt that it might get in the way of what I was going for (a sort of fade into light from a super bright sunny source) but I suck at text most of the time, so I felt it would be better to just leave it blank than do anything that might make it seem out of place.

RE: General GFX Thread - Taj12 - Sep. 20, 2011

(Sep. 20, 2011  12:58 AM)TanithElite Wrote: can somebody render something for me
What's "rendering"? I'm really new and dumb. Wut!?
Plus can anyone link some C4D's and some tutorials pleae

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Sep. 20, 2011

Thanks for understanding Grin

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Sep. 20, 2011

(Sep. 20, 2011  7:04 AM)taj12 Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2011  12:58 AM)TanithElite Wrote: can somebody render something for me
What's "rendering"? I'm really new and dumb. Wut!?
Plus can anyone link some C4D's and some tutorials pleae

"rendering" is the act of removing backgrounds to get the render.

There are a lot of those in devinart(?)

I tried Image Manipulation: (Click to View)

RE: General GFX Thread - othellog - Sep. 20, 2011

(Sep. 20, 2011  8:00 PM)Challenge! Wrote:
I tried Image Manipulation: (Click to View)
Hmmmm
I like the end result, but I think that there was already too much done on the original. That is why the end result doesn't flow like the original, bottom line. I think it needs more work.

I made this today:
[Image: primeape3.png]
What do you think, CnC please.

Haha, it's okay IMO. I was messing around with my new downloaded brushes. Tongue_out

The border's too thick. Sharpen the render, not BG - actually, you over sharpened the BG. The colors are flowing well, smudging is pretty decent.

Make the focal more standing-out by giving it some adjustment layers.

You've improved much than your last sig.
Keep it up.

RE: General GFX Thread - othellog - Sep. 20, 2011

(Sep. 20, 2011  10:14 PM)Challenge! Wrote: Haha, it's okay IMO. I was messing around with my new downloaded brushes. Tongue_out

The border's too thick. Sharpen the render, not BG - actually, you over sharpened the BG. The colors are flowing well, smudging is pretty decent.

Make the focal more standing-out by giving it some adjustment layers.

You've improved much than your last sig.
Keep it up.
Lol, what you mean is I need to add depth. I understand what your saying.
By last sig do you mean this?
[Image: dracmon008.png]

Thanx, I'm trying to move on to the next level.

Haha, not exactly 'depth'. Because your BG can't gain much depth as it has already from the focal. Just try adding a few adjustment layers to the render.

Not really. Tongue_out
I haven't seen your other work from here:
[Image: durararasig.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Sep. 21, 2011

here's another Miku sig that i have upgraded:
[Image: unled1yk.png]

CnCs?

RE: General GFX Thread - Taj12 - Sep. 21, 2011

How do you make energy swirls, a bit like this entry has done in the background: [Image: odgbatle.png]
NOT MY WORK

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Sep. 21, 2011

Its a stock a pre-made image