World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Customizations)
+---- Forum: Metal Fight Customizations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Metal-Fight-Customizations)
+---- Thread: MFB Tiers list Last Updated 27/12/11 (/Thread-MFB-Tiers-list-Last-Updated-27-12-11)

RE: MFB Tiers list - BrawlLawl - Apr. 15, 2011

vulcan the worst...... i think not......

RE: MFB Tiers list - lord Wolfblade - Apr. 15, 2011

(Apr. 15, 2011  1:30 AM)BrawlLawl Wrote: vulcan the worst...... i think not......

im am very sorry to say this, but you think wrong.

tests prove that meteo, and lightning get better win rate and that gravity is way more versatile

also it is only the worst for tier one, not the worst attack wheel there is

RE: MFB Tiers list - BeybladeStation - Apr. 15, 2011

I was thinking that in Defense, under CW's, the Kerbecs Clear Wheel would go above the Aquario CW.

I say this because the Kerbecs CW is heavier. Hasbro's Bull is heaviest, so Kerbecs would go underneath.

Anyways, I hope you've seen testings on MF-H Basalt Kerbecs GB145RS or MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS.

On some video tests, such as GreenXBladers, he proves that Kerbecs has more defense. In his latest, Screw is put into be able to defeat Kerbecs CW, but fails with 2 wins out of 20.

In Basalt Aquario testings, I've seen MF-H Pegasis 145R2F/RF get 30% on Basalt Aquario.

If you don't change it, that's fine. I'm just saying this because of these comparisons I see.

All i'm saying is that under Defense, then Clear Wheels Tier 1, Kerbecs should be put above Aquario.

Thanks, for reading.

(Apr. 15, 2011  2:44 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: I was thinking that in Defense, under CW's, the Kerbecs Clear Wheel would go above the Aquario CW.

I say this because the Kerbecs CW is heavier. Hasbro's Bull is heaviest, so Kerbecs would go underneath.

actually for weight kerbecs is the heaviest, followed by bull, and then aquario (from the weight results i have seen)

RE: MFB Tiers list - Shabalabadoo - Apr. 15, 2011

But this goes right around the corner to what yamislayer posed in the advanced forum.
Can we really test clear wheels?

For defense all we can really do is use the heavy one.

Unless you do...hmmmmm... 1000 tests with each clear wheel.

I'm serious.

RE: MFB Tiers list - Ultra - Apr. 15, 2011

(Apr. 14, 2011  10:44 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2011  9:43 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Apr. 14, 2011  8:54 PM)♥ Wrote: I still don't understand why the tier list is in this format. You can't separate the parts into different tiers because they are reliant on each other.

Please explain.

What I mean is that it's impossible to put certain parts into tiers, because their effectiveness is based on their combination with other parts. R145 for example, is not universally successful with all top-tier Wheels - the tier list is misleading by implying it is an out-and-out top-tier Attack Track. This isn't a criticism of results surrounding it or whatnot, but rather, the way the entire thread works.

There are some ways to get around this for example I put Hell as tier 1 for stamina but only when it is with BD145 in boost mode but there's not really much that I see that can be done about this problem. Also the list is general so not always correct.

(Apr. 14, 2011  9:43 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
Quote:It seems that this thread serves a similar purpose to the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos thread

It really does a completly different job. The point of this thread is to be able to know how the parts compare to each other in terms of use in the different types. For now it is doing the job of the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos thread but that isn't really the main point of it. Although not official it can be updated easily and quickly when changes happen. Also the other one is normally only changed when one of the advanced members says so(well not lately). With this it can be updated whenever we agree on a place for a part. The main point of it is to be a tool for new members to understand how parts compare to each other for their uses in the types. For example if someone completly new to beyblade buys a beyblade and has no idea how good the parts are then they can look here an see how useful the parts are. I don't really think the competitive combos list does that well if at all.

Your point that this thread exists as a tool for new members to identify the usefulness of their parts is more acceptable, but I still think the problem I initially highlighted, and have since elaborated on, is pertinent in the same way. I can use the exact same example, in fact. A new member buys Rock Giraffe R145WB. He sees it is a top-tier Attack Track, but with what Wheel and Bottom should it be used with? I already conceded that the Competitive Metal Fight Beyblade Combos thread hasn't been updated as regularly as it should be (and, by the way, although it's not something I take personally even as an Advanced Member, I do take issue with the fact that a lot of people seem to think that the thread only gets updated when we see fit - the problem lies in the fact that more often than not, succinct results are never posted ... ), but I'm still of the opinion that it would, if it was updated regularly, serve this purpose, except even better.

I get frustrated with the fact that people don't test vital parts such as PD and MB which most likely outclass WD and SD. However some things don't need testing as such. I mean Pegasis is still on the official top tier list yet it is blantantly outclassed. It really doesn't require any testing yet it still hasn't been updated. Why hasn't it? It clearly should be but despite most if not all members acknowledging this it hasn't.

Well the job of the thread is not to find combos for the parts. There are several ways they can do that elsewhere. Like the build a combos thread or any of the combos posted in the customizations forum with the parts in. Or the competitive list which still works somewhat if not fully in this capacity.

My example of Rock Giraffe R145WB still applies to Tier 2 and 3; however, even though they arguably aren't the primary purpose of this thread, their existences are perhaps ironically the most useful.

RE: MFB Tiers list - th!nk - Apr. 15, 2011

I'd also like to point out that this thread is ACTUALLY UPDATED. Like, Regularly. And this doesn't seem to lead to errors like people are afraid doing similarly to the Competitive Combos thread.
The competitive combos list is DESPERATELY in need of a total overhaul.

Also, throwing this out there, Basalt BD145 on MB gets outspun by (NO MF) Gravity Perseus (ATK) SW145RF Counter mode, with SW oriented so that the "points' just out and connect with opponents when Gravity is in LEFT spin. CS, however, doesn't...

Another user noted good results with SW145 on LLD, as well. It's actually a pretty good track, from what I can tell...

Th!nk would you be able to do some attack testing with SW145 to back this up then please?

I'll see if I can fit it in this evening.
I think I owe a few people tests. But yeah, I'll try. What Defence combo(s) should I use? I recall the LLD SW145 Was being used against Basalt @ 230, IIRC, but I dunno if that's really a reliable combo for testing, though that said, that is largely the purpose of 145 height tracks. The only thing I really can't do is ED145 (mine broke) and Libra+GB145 (gb145 has a crack, which makes it wonky on libra).

Any good combos really. Preferably use Earth, Basalt and Libra.

Okay, I'll try and get them done tonight.

RE: MFB Tiers list - H8R - Apr. 15, 2011

thought do th!ink stated WA130 plus RF as well as fang and herculeo of course broke his BD145 shouldnt we take WA130 testing in to consideration it could work well with not just gravity but also Lightning helping lld's metal wheel to hit the oposing bey and counter BD145 as well as the fact that its blades could provide attack similar to slash riger ms (i think) of The HMS series.

I can't really see the blades of WA130 hitting BD145 that much but they could. Also the part you're refering to of slash riger only had a use when it wasn't free spinning. Maybe killer Befowl's track would be better since it actually has spikes.

RE: MFB Tiers list - H8R - Apr. 15, 2011

(Apr. 15, 2011  10:27 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: I can't really see the blades of WA130 hitting BD145 that much but they could. Also the part you're refering to of slash riger only had a use when it wasn't free spinning. Maybe killer Befowl's track would be better since it actually has spikes.

true but UW145 would be a bit too tall maybe some testing could help has anyone tested it lemme search

Ehhh, I think it's a specific height for the wheel and it's opponent. I don't think the track had much to do with it (it's not a wide track). It might help spoil anything BD145 does if it gets under the attacker, but yeah. It was more Fangs Smash, and I found that height worked best. I'm not even sure that combo is that great now, at least, it needs R2F. I still stand by Fang as tier 1 attack, never seen something hit that hard, tbh. I suggested WA130, as I figure it might be a touch better than plain 130, and S130 might get in the way a bit (though it seems to work fine), and, obviously, as Fang broke my BD145 while on WA130.

The impact from Fang on RF at high speed, I guess, is what caused it, probably those downward jutting protrusions of fang smashing into BD145 at the right angle...

I'm not so sure on lightning, TBH, I think it needs to get under stuff to have a real effect, because it doesn't really have that many protrusions. Thus, it seems to do very little to basalt bd145cs, using SW145.

By the way, I believe SW145 works well more due to it's weight, the distribution of weight, and it should help against LOWER beys. Probably helps destabilise BD145 a bit, at the right height.

So, I'm thinking my gravity sw145 combo versus basalt bd145mb, mf-h libra 85D (Check the thread for it's results), Maybe a low attacker. Maybe libra 85CS too? Would that be good, as I suspect SW145 has little to do with otehr 145 Beys unless there's something it can hit on them.

Good things have been said about UW145, in MF Basalt ___ UW145RF or CS or something, IIRC. But ehhh.
My main issue with UW145 is that I wish it could create a slope to push BD145 into the floor on LEFT SPIN beys. It can't. (I've tried all 4 positions).

RE: MFB Tiers list - Serotonin - Apr. 15, 2011

(Apr. 15, 2011  9:34 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: I get frustrated with the fact that people don't test vital parts such as PD and MB which most likely outclass WD and SD. However some things don't need testing as such. I mean Pegasis is still on the official top tier list yet it is blantantly outclassed. It really doesn't require any testing yet it still hasn't been updated. Why hasn't it? It clearly should be but despite most if not all members acknowledging this it hasn't.

Well the job of the thread is not to find combos for the parts. There are several ways they can do that elsewhere. Like the build a combos thread or any of the combos posted in the customizations forum with the parts in. Or the competitive list which still works somewhat if not fully in this capacity.

My example of Rock Giraffe R145WB still applies to Tier 2 and 3; however, even though they arguably aren't the primary purpose of this thread, their existences are perhaps ironically the most useful.

Why have you bolded an entire paragraph? You've completely negated the effect of emphasis there ...

To address your rather specific point of PD and MB; they're not exactly the most readily available parts, so I wouldn't particularly expect a lot of testing. If it matters so much to you, why don't you test them?

I don't really think it's universally acknowledged at all; a quick search for "Pegasis" in this very thread brings up a plethora of posts from you shooting down others for challenging you. Just so you know, Dan's post was never fully addressed with testing. It seems you run a double standard whereby you're apparently frustrated by the lack of testing, but when it's inconvenient to your tier list, assumptions can and will be made.

You didn't really address the crux of my argument anyway. Even if this thread's purpose wasn't to find customisations the parts fit into, the tier each part belongs in is inherently linked to their roles in customisation - this is completely undeniable.

(Mar. 06, 2011  8:23 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: The main flaw of this tier list is that certain parts have synergy so it can be misleading to newcomers. E.g Hell 230CS/230 and D/Gravity and R145. Counter examples would be Earth 230/Vulcan H145

This was mentioned over a month ago by BladeStorm so kudos to him, but no one seemed to take any notice then, either.

I'd still like to point out that at least this list is updated with some semblance of regularity...

(Apr. 15, 2011  1:46 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Apr. 15, 2011  9:34 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: I get frustrated with the fact that people don't test vital parts such as PD and MB which most likely outclass WD and SD. However some things don't need testing as such. I mean Pegasis is still on the official top tier list yet it is blantantly outclassed. It really doesn't require any testing yet it still hasn't been updated. Why hasn't it? It clearly should be but despite most if not all members acknowledging this it hasn't.

Why have you bolded an entire paragraph? You've completely negated the effect of emphasis there ...

To address your rather specific point of PD and MB; they're not exactly the most readily available parts, so I wouldn't particularly expect a lot of testing. If it matters so much to you, why don't you test them?

I don't really think it's universally acknowledged at all; a quick search for "Pegasis" in this very thread brings up a plethora of posts from you shooting down others for challenging you. Just so you know, Dan's post was never fully addressed with testing. It seems you run a double standard whereby you're apparently frustrated by the lack of testing, but when it's inconvenient to your tier list, assumptions can and will be made.

You didn't really address the crux of my argument anyway. Even if this thread's purpose wasn't to find customisations the parts fit into, the tier each part belongs in is inherently linked to their roles in customisation - this is completely undeniable.

(Mar. 06, 2011  8:23 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: The main flaw of this tier list is that certain parts have synergy so it can be misleading to newcomers. E.g Hell 230CS/230 and D/Gravity and R145. Counter examples would be Earth 230/Vulcan H145

This was mentioned over a month ago by BladeStorm so kudos to him, but no one seemed to take any notice then, either.

Fine yes I accept the problems this has and maybe sometimes I do shoot people down but only when people say something which is generally seen as wrong. For your example Pegasis is definitely outclassed and I believe that against rubber defence bottoms all the wheels in tier 1 do better than it. Also the only reason I don't test things is because I don't have the parts or time. I don't live at home and rarely have much free time when home. Although the list doesn't require new testing if we already have some I would like people to encourage to do testing to back up the list or show when it's wrong. Personally I think it's pretty accurate. Atm though it's only thing which does it. As for this:

Quote: the tier each part belongs in is inherently linked to their roles in customisation - this is completely undeniable.

Funnily enough that's not what I base the tiers on. I base them on general ability in the three types

Quote:It seems you run a double standard whereby you're apparently frustrated by the lack of testing, but when it's inconvenient to your tier list, assumptions can and will be made.

Everything in the list is based on tested or the opinions of experienced members. I never just make assumptions unless their supported. Numerous times people have suggested where things should go and I say no because no or little testing has been done on that part.

Anyway the list is general and so it's not going to be accurate 100% of the time. The aim of the list is not in any way to come up with specific combos. I don't really see how it's possible to do that without changing the format completly. I could do another thread related to this for that but apart from that i'm sure. Tbh since it's not the aim of this thread to do it and there is the whole of the customizations forum to use to find out which parts go with other parts best i'm not too concerned about it.

Oh, and the SW145 testing's gonna have to wait for tomorrow, I've been busy tonight Uncertain Sorry, I'll try to get it done.
It'll probably be some of my last testing for a little while, as I'm kinda tired of it, and I'm getting busy.

(Apr. 15, 2011  1:46 PM)♥ Wrote: I don't really think it's universally acknowledged at all; a quick search for "Pegasis" in this very thread brings up a plethora of posts from you shooting down others for challenging you.

it might not be very important but i want to say that, (IIRC) when the first person said pegasis should be over meteo i posted tests results that i found showing that meteo was better, after that ultrablader was most likely basing his answers on the tests i found.
edit: i was wrong with the above, but i did post how much pegasis usually gets vs RS, and how much meteo gets vs RS

@th!nk: though i do agree with fang being tier one (from results i was PMed it is better then vulcan), but i also think that more testing is needed first.

(Apr. 15, 2011  3:52 PM)th!nk Wrote: Oh, and the SW145 testing's gonna have to wait for tomorrow, I've been busy tonight Uncertain Sorry, I'll try to get it done.
It'll probably be some of my last testing for a little while, as I'm kinda tired of it, and I'm getting busy.

That's fine man. I don't mind.

Good Combos - shadowfalcon - Apr. 20, 2011

These Are The Combos That Im Sharing It Guys To You

Stamina:
Flame Bull 100SD
Burn Virgo 100D

Defense:
MF-H Basalt Bull BD145 MB/WB (The Best Is MB,if u dont have just use WB)
MF Gravity Perseus R145WB

Attack:
MF Storm Phoenix 100RF
MF Earth Bull GB145RF
MF Lightning L-drago 90RF

RE: Good Combos - Mr. N - Apr. 20, 2011

(Apr. 20, 2011  3:23 PM)shadowfalcon Wrote: These Are The Combos That Im Sharing It Guys To You

Stamina:
Flame Bull 100SD
Burn Virgo 100D

Defense:
MF-H Basalt Bull BD145 MB/WB (The Best Is MB,if u dont have just use WB)
MF Gravity Perseus R145WB

Attack:
MF Storm Phoenix 100RF
MF Earth Bull GB145RF
MF Lightning L-drago 90RF

Gravity Perseus sucks for Defesne and Earth sucks for Attack.

RE: MFB Tiers list - Ultra - Apr. 20, 2011

Yeah dude and furthermore than doesn't really belong in this thread.

RE: MFB Tiers list - th!nk - Apr. 20, 2011

MF Earth Bull GB145RF isn't that bad... For Defence.
Also, wrong thread, wrong info, so yeah, read around more before posting again, and try to read forum and topic rules, kay?