World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Aug. 19, 2011

When i tried the soft brush for smudging it looked wierd Tired

RE: General GFX Thread - Wolverine Mode - Aug. 19, 2011

(Aug. 19, 2011  3:49 AM)Xyo Wrote: ok i used a hard brush and full strength XD and what could i do for the light source than setting it to overlay?(i did not want the text but XwailingX wants the text thanks again for the tips Joyful_3

For a light source , you can make a new layer > fill it with black > set it to linear dodge then with a white soft brush place the lighting where you want to , then gaussian blur it at 1 - 3.

That's what I always do Uncertain.

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Aug. 19, 2011

hey thanks it was really helpful

RE: General GFX Thread - Flaming Aries - Aug. 19, 2011

Tday after school I am going to try to make a beat lynx sig if I have time any advise?

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Aug. 19, 2011

Make it spin(jk)

oh, and any comments on my l-drago spinning sig?

RE: General GFX Thread - zflare3 - Aug. 19, 2011

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Aug. 19, 2011

What? It is at maximum. I'll try to put it at 100%

RE: General GFX Thread - zflare3 - Aug. 19, 2011

RE: General GFX Thread - MetalStrike - Aug. 19, 2011

A quick pair I made today:

[Image: DMS+AWP+-+Now+Destroy.png]

SIG-
[Image: DMS+AWP+-+Binary+Destroy.png]

Feel free to criticize or whatever. Joyful_2

RE: General GFX Thread - MakaCHOP! - Aug. 20, 2011

THAT'S an AVATAR...gosh...and not bad... your L drago sign ruins it

RE: General GFX Thread - Flaming Aries - Aug. 20, 2011

OK LYNX SIG!

[Image: BeatLynx.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Aug. 20, 2011

@zflare what ever i do, that is what happens Uncertain

RE: General GFX Thread - Fyuuor - Aug. 20, 2011

(Aug. 17, 2011  12:59 AM)Flaming Aries Wrote: A quick sig I made compliments?

[Image: CRESNIC.png]

To be honest I don’t think it’s too bad; I like the idea of a pink background with a black render, it’s interesting. Though I must say, I think the sig would benefit from some touches of purple and red. It’ll give the sig a greater amount of depth Joyful_3

(Aug. 18, 2011  8:41 PM)Vintage Wrote: Hmm...haven't done one in a while, but here:
[Image: depth.png]

Vintage, I normally enjoy your work and believe that you’re a fantastic GFX artist, but unfortunately I’m sorry to say what you were trying in this sig I’m just not feeling. It’s great to see that you’re trying something new and willing to break out of your conventional mould, but unfortunately I’m not sure if this is the right direction. The sig is far too blurry for my taste, whilst also being confusing and disorientating to look at. I honestly would have enjoyed the sig more if there wasn’t such a strong blur across the surface of the sig.

Though I must say I like the effect you have created in the background behind the character, it seems as though you’ve placed a multi coloured gradient on several brush strokes. Nice work Joyful_3

(Aug. 17, 2011  8:46 AM)Xyo Wrote: What do you guys theink?
[Image: di-T89S.png]
i made it for XwailingX

A good sign to see in an artist is whether or not they're trying something new and genuinely interested in developing their skills, in that regards I think you’re doing quite well in trying to challenge yourself. On that note, good work on that front. However, I'm not sure if you pulled this one off.

While it's a nice sig that you have created, I think you may need to ease up slightly on the smudging. I don't recommend using the smudge technique to the degree to which you have; I see it more as a tool in creating specific sections of smoothness and flow within a sig. Next time try using the smudge strokes around a character or a central focus instead of an entire background, it'll also help give you more room to move in your sigs so to speak and allow you to add more detail.

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Aug. 20, 2011

Thanks for the constructive criticism Grin and should i use hard edge brush or soft brush?

No problem Joyful_3

I normally use a soft round brush, I don't really like the look of a hard brush. However,it depends on the situation, you may need a differant tool for a differant situation. Just keep that in mind Wink

RE: General GFX Thread - Vintage - Aug. 20, 2011

(Aug. 20, 2011  2:00 AM)Fyuuor Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2011  8:41 PM)Vintage Wrote: Hmm...haven't done one in a while, but here:
[Image: depth.png]

Vintage, I normally enjoy your work and believe that you’re a fantastic GFX artist, but unfortunately I’m sorry to say what you were trying in this sig I’m just not feeling. It’s great to see that you’re trying something new and willing to break out of your conventional mould, but unfortunately I’m not sure if this is the right direction. The sig is far too blurry for my taste, whilst also being confusing and disorientating to look at. I honestly would have enjoyed the sig more if there wasn’t such a strong blur across the surface of the sig.

Though I must say I like the effect you have created in the background behind the character, it seems as though you’ve placed a multi coloured gradient on several brush strokes. Nice work Joyful_3

Hmm...I see, I guess making a signature from scratch is a lot tougher than I thought. What I was trying to do was create a signature without using brushes, stocks, and renders, while still getting the same outcome. Though, it was a lot tougher than I previously imagined.

(Aug. 20, 2011  12:50 AM)Flaming Aries Wrote: OK LYNX SIG!

[Image: BeatLynx.png]

Unfortunately this sig isn’t as good as your last one. By adding two renders and applying your brush strokes in the centre of the sig you have created 3 focal points. In GFX that’s a big no. The eye has trouble focusing on one specific section, or I should say there is no specific section which draws the eye in. When I create GFX’s I always aim to have one specific section of the sig which I want persons to focus more intensely on. For your next sig I suggest you try this, I guarantee that it’ll look significantly better.

The background is okay, but there seems to be no interaction between the background and the characters. A big piece of advice I always give persons and took me awhile to figure out , is when creating a new sig apply your pictures first. After you have positioned your pictures, then build your background AROUND the pictures. This is how you can make it look as if the background and your renders are one. If you don’t approach your GFX like I just mentioned then your pieces will simply look as if you’ve made a nice background and slapped some pictures on it, and that’s what you want to avoid.

(Aug. 20, 2011  2:13 AM)Vintage Wrote: Hmm...I see, I guess making a signature from scratch is a lot tougher than I thought. What I was trying to do was create a signature without using brushes, stocks, and renders, while still getting the same outcome. Though, it was a lot tougher than I previously imagined.

That makes a lot of sense. However, I still stand by my assessment of sig. But with that said, I respect your decision to try a different style and wish you the best of luck in defining a new style. Just some advice, don't be afraid to incorporate some of your tried and tested techniques that you usually use in sig making, it's the fusion of new and old which enables a person to create a unique style of their own.

RE: General GFX Thread - Flaming Aries - Aug. 20, 2011

Thanks for the advice really helped!

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladerPotter - Aug. 20, 2011

Alakazam Sig!

[Image: Alakazam.png]

CRITICS!

RE: General GFX Thread - Ryuk - Aug. 20, 2011

Very good BP! I love the Alakazam sig! May I ask which PS you r using, if u use PS?

STOP. USING. THE. CANVAS. EFFECT.(or is it?)

over all it looks awesome!

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladerPotter - Aug. 20, 2011

.....Patch..Work? It is the canvas effect. Anyway, Ryuk, I use GIMP.

oh.

still, stop using it. it makes the sig look ugly Confused
Sorry for double post, but here is a new sig!:
[Image: devil.png]

yeah, I like the render of this Smile

RE: General GFX Thread - Wolverine Mode - Aug. 20, 2011

I haven't been posting in for a while so here's my new tag. CnC please !

[Image: di-E173.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Aug. 20, 2011

i like it and how did you make the BG