World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - Sparta - Aug. 12, 2011

(Aug. 12, 2011  2:06 AM)TanithElite Wrote: So should I change my signature??

That's up to you. This was a good one, though.

Medz, I know, but if you get rid of that it would look so sick.

RE: General GFX Thread - TanithElite - Aug. 12, 2011

Here is a new sig I made because since the one I made was pretty good [Image: 295g6xs.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - Vintage - Aug. 12, 2011

I was just thinking...we should have colouring contests too. Lol
Oh, and Tanith, try to not just use stock images for a background. Also, the black brush(?) thing in the corner is kinda distracting. I also don't think the stars match Ace's character. Tongue_out

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Aug. 12, 2011

(Aug. 12, 2011  1:43 AM)TanithElite Wrote: What is a samus metroid

"samus" is the character, while "metroid" is the game

speaking of which, I should learn how to use gradient maps. Xyo says its good for vintage-looking stuff? hmm, let me see what i can do

oh, and expect a new GFX battle, with a twist Smile

RE: General GFX Thread - othellog - Aug. 12, 2011

What do all of you think:
[Image: kirby2.png]
It took longer then I expected. It took me awhile to figure out what I really wanted the outcome to be.

(Aug. 12, 2011  5:53 AM)othellog Wrote: What do all of you think:
It took longer then I expected. It took me awhile to figure out what I really wanted the outcome to be.

the smudge doesn't look right, and kirby's cutting is horible

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Aug. 12, 2011

Yes it can in GIMP its Colors>Map>Gradient Map and DeX you should make the colors blue to orange ask Vintage how to use it in PS.

new sig:
[Image: dex-6.png]

what do you think?

RE: General GFX Thread - NoodooSoup - Aug. 12, 2011

Gradient maps aren't only for a vintage look. At the right settings, they can enhance colors and change others.

RE: General GFX Thread - .:J:. - Aug. 12, 2011

nice, however the 2 images don't seem to go together, like it just looks like you put one picture on top of a background

RE: General GFX Thread - blah - Aug. 12, 2011

(Aug. 12, 2011  5:58 AM)DeX Wrote: the smudge doesn't look right, and kirby's cutting is horible

The cutting is fine. It's just he put a stroke on Kirby (which is obviously on purpose); maybe it'd look better if it was white ? Haha.

(Aug. 12, 2011  12:10 PM)DeX Wrote: new sig:
[img]
what do you think?

Really, there is no blending whatsoever and as Nwolf said, it just looks like you put a picture on a random background ...

(Aug. 12, 2011  5:58 AM)DeX Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2011  5:53 AM)othellog Wrote: What do all of you think:

the smudge doesn't look right, and kirby's cutting is horible
LOL, this is this is the original render: (Click to View)
It just looks like its bad cutting Pinching_eyes_2
I really have to work on smudging
(Aug. 12, 2011  1:47 PM)blah Wrote:
(Aug. 12, 2011  5:58 AM)DeX Wrote: the smudge doesn't look right, and kirby's cutting is horible

The cutting is fine. It's just he put a stroke on Kirby (which is obviously on purpose); maybe it'd look better if it was white ? Haha.

(Aug. 12, 2011  12:10 PM)DeX Wrote: new sig:
[img]
what do you think?

Really, there is no blending whatsoever and as Nwolf said, it just looks like you put a picture on a random background ...
That's a really good idea....
Now what do you think? lol.

RE: General GFX Thread - Vintage - Aug. 12, 2011

It would look better if his body was so blurred with that black. It's also a too over contrasted, which is why the render looks like it was cut bad. The black and white one has no more light source anymore.

KIRBY <3!

The black and white one looks cooler. Gives a nice effect to our favorite pink ball of doom.

(Aug. 12, 2011  3:10 PM)Vintage Wrote: It would look better if his body was so blurred with that black. It's also a too over contrasted, which is why the render looks like it was cut bad. The black and white one has no more light source anymore.
Ya, this is my first time at this type of sig like this. But, I see your point. If I get a GFX battle about some carp like this I'm screwed.
Light sources are a big problem with me. Something I never learned right.
Vintage if photoshop lighting is anything like gimp's then could you teach me you place and adjust lighting?

Just imagine. Using dodge and burn tool are an awesome choice. Try using the soft brush, using white color, click on the corner of the sig and light source is there!

RE: General GFX Thread - Medz - Aug. 12, 2011

I'm going to do a quick graphics battle about sonic, PM me if you're interested. I'm going to make the thread once all the entries are done. It's not going to be a normal graphics battle.

do drawings count as graphics?

Nope. They are way to far from eqch other

(Aug. 12, 2011  4:05 PM)Nwolf Wrote: do drawings count as graphics?

No, not really. They are 2 similar but unrelated art themes.

hhm, what about stickers that i've designed?

(Aug. 12, 2011  4:16 PM)Nwolf Wrote: hhm, what about stickers that i've designed?

Depends. Online or you drew them by hand?

both, i drew the sticker design, colour them in with pens, edit on computer, give background found on internet

(Aug. 12, 2011  4:22 PM)Nwolf Wrote: both, i drew the sticker design, colour them in with pens, edit on computer, give background found on internet

I'm really confused. Just post them here, OK?

It isnt gfx nor drawing, somewhat in the middle:art