World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - snakebite - Aug. 06, 2011

(Aug. 06, 2011  9:43 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: You should vote when the battle is almost over? Maybe, so.

I often wonder why all of the battles never use the poll? Surely then more people would vote and people would be more likely to choose their favourite signature without everyone knowing who they vote for? End the poll then people reply their criticism? Then there'd be no follow the leader tactics.

I personally think that not listing the people's names might also help, as it doesn't take much figuring who's is who's entry, when there's only 2 people and their both listed.

RE: General GFX Thread - Vintage - Aug. 06, 2011

(Aug. 06, 2011  9:57 PM)snakebite Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2011  9:43 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: You should vote when the battle is almost over? Maybe, so.

I often wonder why all of the battles never use the poll? Surely then more people would vote and people would be more likely to choose their favourite signature without everyone knowing who they vote for? End the poll then people reply their criticism? Then there'd be no follow the leader tactics.

I personally think that not listing the people's names might also help, as it doesn't take much figuring who's is who's entry, when there's only 2 people and their both listed.

I was just thinking this. Why not have anonymous polls, while critiquing using the comments?

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Aug. 06, 2011

Actually, in the beginning people were supposed to give a good reason behind their vote when they posted, but for some reason this was never enforced when the tournament began, and even before. This is, however, why there were to be no polls.

RE: General GFX Thread - Bruiser33 - Aug. 06, 2011

Do any of you know a good photo editor that you could use on your iPod touch 3G I want to create my own avitar and signature I don't have a computer

RE: General GFX Thread - NARUT0 - Aug. 06, 2011

(Aug. 06, 2011  10:50 PM)Bruiser33 Wrote: Do any of you know a good photo editor that you could use on your iPod touch 3G I want to create my own avitar and signature I don't have a computer
There is an app for photoshop on ipods and iphones its good I got it when it was free! but it is quite limited at the moment but they do promiss us updates so fingers cross they will let us add text with cool fonts heheh!
EDIT: im not sure if its still free or not!
Hey i have a new sig here this time with all new and Improved GFX hope you like and please CnC! =)
Customized back round with my render of course naruto and a light source which is a flame ball from naruto!
Should I take out flameball BECASUE naruto looks like a light source to lol! I have sharpend everything put in various glows and a bit of a motion blur from naruto!
[Image: 2vi5dmr.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - othellog - Aug. 07, 2011

About this whole time issue, I don't think its that important. OK, someone beat you who has less skill then you....
I won my 1st only because everyone hated the other sig, that is worse BBS. I agree with Kai-V, for some reason. But, there is no reason for people to vote because of the entry with the most votes?! Anyway, the tourney would be better if only certain people could vote, but that would be un-democratic in a way. Which is kinda carp.
Sigh.. My point is you can talk all the carp you want, but its still not change the fact of the matter at hand.
BBS I'm not disagreeing with you completely bro, but I'm just saying its not worth worrying about. Tongue_out

I think some of this stuff has been already said, so forgive me if you think this post is useless.

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladeStation - Aug. 07, 2011

I guess you have a point. I'll calm down.

RE: General GFX Thread - NoodooSoup - Aug. 07, 2011

New piece! I've been wanting to do a stock one for a long time Grin CnC is appreciated.
[Image: 2elwd9l.png]

The original one can be found here: http://birdsistersstock.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d31t72x

RE: General GFX Thread - Sparta - Aug. 07, 2011

(Aug. 07, 2011  4:32 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: New piece! I've been wanting to do a stock one for a long time Grin CnC is appreciated.
[Image: 2elwd9l.png]

The original one can be found here: http://birdsistersstock.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d31t72x

I have no idea who that is in the sig, but he looks cool Smile

Umm....a little plain with the white on white, but definitely not bad.

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladerPotter - Aug. 07, 2011

Hm....while most of this issue gets points hands down, I agree with snakebite.

This is like the time when everyone will go with the "flow" and what their "leader" says.

It is like the time when the Philippines was colonized by the Spaniards. The leader of Bohol befriended the Spaniards and so the natives were forced to be friendly too.

Personally, polls would have been a better option however the criticism needed to support your vote is gone. And voting on the poll then posting your thoughts after...it is like before again. When some respectable member comes around and post criticism, people will also post something similar and vote for the same thing.

This is only my thoughts of this issue. Thanks!

P.S.: I'll work on that Kai-V. I gotta find quality pics.
Another P.S.Confusedparta and Taiwo, if you guys need help on anything on GIMP, feel free to PM me. ^^

RE: General GFX Thread - NoodooSoup - Aug. 07, 2011

It's just a random dude, lol Tongue_out

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Aug. 07, 2011

To that whole "why we dont post poll" thing:

it was to give comments to help the gfx makers. the other intention is to avoid multiple accounts and vote for themselves rather than others voting for them

RE: General GFX Thread - Vintage - Aug. 07, 2011

Hmm, I've been wanting to try this...anyone using PS? If so, anyone wanna do a collaboration with me?

RE: General GFX Thread - snakebite - Aug. 07, 2011

(Aug. 07, 2011  5:58 AM)DeX Wrote: To that whole "why we dont post poll" thing:

it was to give comments to help the gfx makers. the other intention is to avoid multiple accounts and vote for themselves rather than others voting for them

A fair bit of the so called CnC is people just saying:

'I agree with what's said above and I vote for ...'

Which they probably haven't read, so you only get about maybe 2-3 really good CnC's. Even when I read through them I look for Kai-V's comments, as there fairly good and/or harsh.

As far as avoiding people voting for themselves, isn't there about the same risk anyway? Anyone can sign up and just go comment in the topic, it's no different from signing up and voting.

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Aug. 07, 2011

There was once an instance someone made a group userbar contest. I joined, and dome others did to.

Now, a guy made multiple accounts to vote for himself, which caused disqualifying himself. He was noticed quite easily: he made accounts with goofy names.

And besides, wouldnt it be too obvious if someone makes new accounts and vote for themselves?

RE: General GFX Thread - snakebite - Aug. 07, 2011

It depends, as long as they give a decent reasoning no ones going to question their vote, it only comes down to someone checking their post count, or the way they write or as you say their name.

RE: General GFX Thread - Xlr8 - Aug. 07, 2011

(Aug. 07, 2011  6:30 AM)Vintage Wrote: Hmm, I've been wanting to try this...anyone using PS? If so, anyone wanna do a collaboration with me?

well dude i use ps and it will gonna be a honor for me to collaborate with you.

RE: General GFX Thread - Cygnus - Aug. 07, 2011

I made this completely out of boredom. Anyone like it. And by the way, I know I use Pokemon a lot. I have a lot of pokemon pics.
[Image: PB%252526W.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - NARUT0 - Aug. 07, 2011

(Aug. 07, 2011  11:07 AM)BurnBlader Wrote: I made this completely out of boredom. Anyone like it. And by the way, I know I use Pokemon a lot. I have a lot of pokemon pics.
[Image: PB%252526W.png]
What program do you use PAINT.NET, GIMP or photoshop or is it something else?
Oh and by the way I like it its pretty simple but nice and neat!

Alright, this is my newest sig. I cheated on making Kyon B&W by using first cutting the render and then using iPhoto effects (I uploaded it to there). For once, I don't think my cutting was carp! What do you guys think?

[Image: kyonbestsig.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - .:J:. - Aug. 07, 2011

no i think its awesome, keep up the good work, i'm carp when i comes to drawing stuff online, what do you guys recommend using to make sigs and avatars? all i have is paint...

(Aug. 07, 2011  3:51 PM)Nwolf Wrote: no i think its awesome, keep up the good work, i'm carp when i comes to drawing stuff online, what do you guys recommend using to make sigs and avatars? all i have is paint...
GIMP if you hate loosing your $$$, or Photoshop if you really don't care.

are they free? cause at the moment all i can spend my money on is making custom beys

(Aug. 07, 2011  3:56 PM)Nwolf Wrote: are they free? cause at the moment all i can spend my money on is making custom beys
GIMP is, but not photoshop if you want a really good version of it.

ok thanks dude, also do you know anything to do 3d animation which is free? just because i really want to make a 3d model/ simulation of custom beys before i make it, also it would be good to use for my avatar and sigs