World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - 6 God - Jun. 06, 2014

(Jun. 05, 2014  11:02 PM)TheWhiteTiger Wrote:

Any better? Or did I over sharpen?

RE: General GFX Thread - Kaneki - Jun. 06, 2014

IMO, i think you over-sharpened to much. I think the older one was better. PM me if you want more tips. Smile

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Jun. 07, 2014

Yeah, it looks way over-sharpened.

Here's some tips:
1.) Use higher resolution renders, that way when you resize it down it will still look crisp and sharp.
2.) Do sharpening separately: you're main focus should be the character (or the object, etc.), so you should sharpen the character more. Don't over sharpen though.
3.) Erase a part where sharpen ruins it, or lower the opacity of the sharpened layer.

RE: General GFX Thread - 6 God - Jun. 07, 2014

I tried re-doing it completely with some of the things you said in mind:

[Image: 141jecm.jpg]

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Jun. 07, 2014

It got a bit vibrant, that's nice. It's on the soft side, but at least it wasn't sharpened too much...

The flow isnt that good though. I'll PM you something that might help you (It also addresses your problem BTW)

Oh and BTW: I started making "Facets". They're like logos or objects that look like they're made of Gem stones or something. Here's an example of what I did yesterday (WARNING: This one is a HUGE one)

RE: General GFX Thread - Kujikato - Jun. 11, 2014

A mockup of a poster for a movie that I REALLY want to be made. It's large but low quality because I uploaded it to facebook, since it's still a WIP.

RE: General GFX Thread - Kaneki - Jun. 11, 2014

Wow Kuji! That SAO poster really rocks dude! I love the red and blue on Kirito-Kun. Is this for a movie you want to make?

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Jun. 12, 2014

IIRC thats for a Movie Poster Project he had to do.

The effect on top was overdone a bit, also I think the effects were too much. Other than that nice job

RE: General GFX Thread - Kaneki - Jun. 12, 2014

Can I have a Cnc on my current signature?

RE: General GFX Thread - Angry Face - Jun. 12, 2014

I'm no expert, but I think the word "DREAM" is a little difficult to read, with it being pink on pink. Maybe change the text color to one of the other prevalent colors of the tag (e.g. purple, gold, lavender, light blue, etc.)? That way, the word stands out a little more, while still complementing the overall image.

Asides from that, this is, IMO, your best work to date, and I just really wanted to say. Grin

(Click to View)

There should have been a mix of Pink and Purple there IMO. And the text: try to make it stand out more. Better than the others you made though. Love the scan lines. You're definitely improving Grin

My turn:
This one's a bit big, mind you (Click to View)
CnC?

Thank you guys for your opinions. Smile I was aiming for this to be good and I'm glad you guys think so... It really means a lot! I guess I'll try to get the text to be more visible and maybe add some purple in (though I haven't mastered editing a finished work before, ahh.) Thanks Synth for the comment on the scan lines. It took me awhile to do. XD

"Asides from that, this is, IMO, your best work to date, and I just really wanted to say. Grin"

Thanks man, that means a lot to me, hah. I'm totally putting that in a quote. Joyful_2
Synth: How did you even do something like that!? I think it looks awesome!

Thanks again guys. Grin

(Jun. 12, 2014  3:23 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: Synth: How did you even do something like that!? I think it looks awesome!

Polygons. Lots and lots of polygons. Oh, and a reference image of The Chief XD

Before this I made Aiden from WATCH_DOGS, and that was like my first attempt on a vector like that. I had to use Illustrator for the Drawing + Polygons cause Photoshop was a pain to use in this types of projects.

Thanks Grin

How long did you take you to fully complete it? Do you use Deviant Art? If so, can I have your name to see more of your work? I really like your polygon work!

It took me 2 days, 1 day for the outlines and 1 day for the polygons and the coloring. Keep in mind I am always Lazy, so it took me a lot longer to accomplish this. If I wasn't lazy during the making of this, I could have done this in 2-3 hours nonstop.

This was BEFORE I added the coloring to it:
It's actually the incomplete version, but still... Polygons XD

I do have a DeviantArt account, and the name is Synthasion. I've only started doing polygon vectors, but I do have old works in there if you fancy them...

That looks like it would of took forever, hah. Don't worry... I'm lazy as well. Wink

Oh cool! I'll be sure to check it out. If you don't use it that much, is there any other place where I can see your GFX? Smile

Ohhh it did... Just getting the shading right was hell I tell you. DeviantArt is pretty much my home base when it comes to GFX. There's FB and Instagram but whatever I post there, I also post in DeviantArt.

Any more questions? Maybe a PM will do. We're kinda cluttering the thread now XD

RE: General GFX Thread - 6 God - Jun. 12, 2014

(Jun. 12, 2014  3:08 PM)Synth Wrote: There should have been a mix of Pink and Purple there IMO. And the text: try to make it stand out more. Better than the others you made though. Love the scan lines. You're definitely improving Grin

My turn:
CnC?

Is it like one of your facets? It looks awesome btw!

Ryûzaki yours looks great!! But yeah try to make the "dream" stand out more.

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Jun. 13, 2014

I wouldn't classify it as Facets anymore lol. I don't think I made it Facet-ish enough ahahahaha

As I said, It's a "Polygon Vector".

RE: General GFX Thread - Ocean - Jun. 13, 2014

Nice job Synth, I really like it.

RE: General GFX Thread - Kujikato - Jun. 16, 2014

Sword Art Online: The Movie

Fan Poster
DA Link: http://kujikato.deviantart.com/art/Sword-Art-Online-The-Movie-461165587
Very Large Image (1250x1750) (Click to View)

RE: General GFX Thread - Ocean - Jun. 20, 2014

I feel like something is missing from this avatar, can people cnc?
[Image: 23wlkes.png]
EDIT: don't worry I fixed it myself

RE: General GFX Thread - 6 God - Jun. 20, 2014

I think you should've chosen a different background, something that is Pink or Purple would be nice IMO. And the thing in the back seems kinda out of place. I think the backgorund in your avatar suits it a bit better.

RE: General GFX Thread - Ocean - Jun. 20, 2014

Thanks TWT Wink

RE: General GFX Thread - Ocean - Jun. 22, 2014

Cnc on my current avatar?