World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - Ultimate Libra - Apr. 19, 2014

I would like to know what you think of this avatar?
[edite] Why isn't the image showing how do I put an image?

RE: General GFX Thread - DRAGON KING - Apr. 19, 2014

(Apr. 19, 2014  3:03 AM)Saber Leopard Wrote: I would like to know what you think of this avatar?

Image doesn't work.

RE: General GFX Thread - Tri - Apr. 19, 2014

You have to use the image URL. Direct links don't work for posting images. The image url usually ends in something like .png, .gif, etc...

RE: General GFX Thread - Ocean - Apr. 19, 2014

(Apr. 19, 2014  1:25 AM)-Ventus Wrote:
(Apr. 18, 2014  10:06 PM)Aquamarine Wrote: A redone #2
[Image: 14ifr6r.jpg]

sorry for double posting

The redone one is much brighter, which I do not feel like it did the tag any justice. It still is a little too shaded, just brighter.

I honestly am not a big fan of the style, but anyways
[Image: 5djyow.jpg]

Honestly, the tag is too blurry and empty, it seems that the image quality is kinda low quality, but that might just be me.

[Image: 2hxp1mc.jpg][/spoiler]

This tag looks like its really washed out and dark. It also seems like the image quality isn't quite on par.
#1:
How could I change the shading?

I can change that in future and the quality was ok.

#3:
I used this external site resize it.

RE: General GFX Thread - Mitsu - Apr. 19, 2014

Can I have CnC on my current signature?

[Image: Sorh.jpg]

RE: General GFX Thread - Ultimate Libra - Apr. 21, 2014

I just realized that the avatar that I was showing you happens to be the one I have on now. (should have said that in the first place. I'm so dumb)

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Apr. 21, 2014

(Apr. 19, 2014  2:24 PM)Aquamarine Wrote: #1:
How could I change the shading?

I can change that in future and the quality was ok.

#1:
You can use the "Burn and Dodge" Tool to add shading. What program do you use, Photoshop or GIMP or anything else?

#2:
Remember to save files in .PNG for a higher quality look.

If you're using Photoshop or GIMP, I highly recommend you just change the layer mode instead of lowering the opacity.

RE: General GFX Thread - Ocean - Apr. 21, 2014

FYI I'm using Pixlr.

RE: General GFX Thread - Ultimate Libra - Apr. 21, 2014

How do you remove the back ground of a photo on Pxlr?

(Apr. 21, 2014  1:47 PM)Aquamarine Wrote: FYI I'm using Pixlr.

Wow, you should really upgrade to at least GIMP or Photoshop then. I don't know anything in Pixlr

I don't know if people actually forgot about it or something, but I do know that Adobe has released a FREE Photoshop Cs2 in their website. It's pretty decent and it would be a nice upgrade to those who still have not so good Photo editors. I already posted a link somewhere here.

RE: General GFX Thread - Airus - Apr. 21, 2014

(Apr. 21, 2014  2:19 PM)Synth Wrote:
(Apr. 21, 2014  1:47 PM)Aquamarine Wrote: FYI I'm using Pixlr.

Wow, you should really upgrade to at least GIMP or Photoshop then. I don't know anything in Pixlr

I don't know if people actually forgot about it or something, but I do know that Adobe has released a FREE Photoshop Cs2 in their website. It's pretty decent and it would be a nice upgrade to those who still have not so good Photo editors. I already posted a link somewhere here.

I'm planning on trying photoshop. I am going to make a sig and avatar for myself in early may when I get my next username change, so trying it out would be a good idea.

Cs2 was pretty much my starting editor. I got the hang of stuff within weeks so I can say you can learn how to use it pretty much in days.

RE: General GFX Thread - Leone19 - Apr. 22, 2014

Woo, this bad boy is going to be in the local art museum for the next week.

I'm heading to the opening of our High School's art show and I'm happy to say this was chosen be part of it.

(Large Image)
Explanation:
This was my final project for Digital Art. All of this was drawn/created in Illustrator and edited in Photoshop. The "space-ish" background was colored with an oil pastel and scanned in. The topic was to create an image/recipe for an important food to us. I chose latkes, since after all, it's one of the best parts of Hanukah. I wanted to make it unique, especially comical, and fun in general, so I crossed it with... Star Wars. This ended up becoming my highest grade on a project in Digital Art I.

Anyone else get the pun in the title?

CnC would be appreciated.

RE: General GFX Thread - Kaneki - Apr. 22, 2014

I'm making this for a friend. Cnc

[Image: 01zdAAAAdddaaaaaaffffffffffgggggg_zpse4c14245.jpg]

RE: General GFX Thread - Mitsu - Apr. 22, 2014

(Apr. 22, 2014  10:52 PM)Another Wrote: I'm making this for a friend. Cnc

[Image: 01zdAAAAdddaaaaaaffffffffffgggggg_zpse4c14245.jpg]
It looks great, but here's my opinion/feedback on it :

It's not the greatest quality, compared to your present signature, and looks the slightest bit faded. Was it?

May I have CnC on my current signature? I'd love to know if there is anything I can do with it.

RE: General GFX Thread - Synth - Apr. 23, 2014

(Apr. 22, 2014  9:51 PM)Leone19 Wrote: ~Snip~

I kinda get the pun of it lol

Vader is creeping me out though, Them eyes are like staring into my souls. Text could be better, and the Background, I dunno but I don't think it works? I think it would have been better if you made the characters vector-ish (judging by your tools, I think it would have been possible)

It makes me hungry though XD Good job, KIU

RE: General GFX Thread - Leone19 - Apr. 23, 2014

(Apr. 23, 2014  1:19 AM)Synth Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2014  9:51 PM)Leone19 Wrote: ~Snip~

I kinda get the pun of it lol

Vader is creeping me out though, Them eyes are like staring into my souls. Text could be better, and the Background, I dunno but I don't think it works? I think it would have been better if you made the characters vector-ish (judging by your tools, I think it would have been possible)

It makes me hungry though XD Good job, KIU

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

As far as the text goes, that was my last step, and I didn't have too much time for the project, which was why that mainly turned out the way it did. I personally would have liked to do more with it myself, but for the time being, it worked, haha.

RE: General GFX Thread - Ultimate Libra - Apr. 23, 2014

No one answered my question from before.

RE: General GFX Thread - Mitsu - May. 05, 2014

I just uploaded a couple of GFX work examples on my Facebook Page.

They're really big files; I'd rather not upload them here, since they wouldn't be too noticeable.

Would anybody be willing to give criticism on them?

RE: General GFX Thread - Syco - May. 06, 2014

My first vertical tag!
[Image: vert1_zpsdf43ae06.png]
CnC?

RE: General GFX Thread - Kaneki - May. 06, 2014

(May. 06, 2014  7:41 AM)Syco Wrote: My first vertical tag!
CnC?
I think you may have over-sharpened your render. The left shoulder seems to have alot of red (Maybe to dim it down.), the top part of his head. And (IMO) It has to much bright red.

Overall: It was a nice piece of art, I just found it overdone. My favorite part was the bottom part. It looked nice. Hope you don't take any offense.

RE: General GFX Thread - Airus - May. 06, 2014

CNC on my new sig? I made it aa while ago while I waited till I could change my WBO username, so it's a bit old.

RE: General GFX Thread - Kaneki - May. 06, 2014

(May. 06, 2014  11:36 PM)Crax686 Wrote: CNC on my new sig? I made it aa while ago while I waited till I could change my WBO username, so it's a bit old.
It looks low in quality. The render seems abit squashed. Also, isn't Natsu's flames meant to be red, hah.

The text doesn't really blend in as well. Also, what's the funny looking effect you did?

Overall: 3/10 bud. I'm sorry, I don't want to sound mean.

RE: General GFX Thread - Airus - May. 07, 2014

(May. 06, 2014  11:42 PM)Another Wrote:
(May. 06, 2014  11:36 PM)Crax686 Wrote: CNC on my new sig? I made it aa while ago while I waited till I could change my WBO username, so it's a bit old.
It looks low in quality. The render seems abit squashed. Also, isn't Natsu's flames meant to be red, hah.

The text doesn't really blend in as well. Also, what's the funny looking effect you did?

Overall: 3/10 bud. I'm sorry, I don't want to sound mean.

Well, I redeyed the red to make it look cool, and I don't know what effect I used, I can hardly remember the name of it, haha! And thanks, I need more practice but practice makes perfect right?

RE: General GFX Thread - Kaneki - May. 07, 2014

Yes it does, hah.

Cnc on this please.