World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladeStation - Jul. 29, 2011

Now that is beautiful.

Othellog, please learn "The Rule of the Thirds" the text placement is quite bad.

RE: General GFX Thread - Vintage - Jul. 29, 2011

(Jul. 29, 2011  4:16 AM)Pockyx3 Wrote: Anyways, now that BBS told me about this thread here's the picture I posted in my earlier thread.
I don't take making graphics seriously at all, and I really don't think I'm that good at it. Either way,

Gasp What did the original look like?

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Jul. 29, 2011

(Jul. 29, 2011  4:22 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Now that is beautiful.

Othellog, please learn "The Rule of the Thirds" the text placement is quite bad.

Actually, there seems to be a flow of wind towards the centre red tree, so it is not that badly located.

What is that "Rule of the Thirds" anyway ?

RE: General GFX Thread - Priscient - Jul. 29, 2011

Vintage, I used this picture.
http://www.uimages.org/autumn-scenery/

(Jul. 29, 2011  4:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2011  4:22 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Now that is beautiful.

Actually, there seems to be a flow of wind towards the centre red tree, so it is not that badly located.

What is that "Rule of the Thirds" anyway ?

From Wikipedia:
The rule of thirds is a compositional rule of thumb in visual arts such as painting, photography and design.[1] The rule states that an image should be imagined as divided into nine equal parts by two equally-spaced horizontal lines and two equally-spaced vertical lines, and that important compositional elements should be placed along these lines or their intersections.[2] Proponents of the technique claim that aligning a subject with these points creates more tension, energy and interest in the composition than simply centering the subject would.[citation needed]

Hm, then it seems that a lot of good graphics makers do not use this rule at all.

Whenever my dad talks about it, he says, as long as it's not dead center, then you're using the rule of thirds and that the rule of thirds is meant to keep your eyes moving, rather than looking at the same spot.

RE: General GFX Thread - othellog - Jul. 29, 2011

Wow, I have a lot to learn, I'll look up rule of thirds Vintage & BBS.
If only I used photoshop..sigh.

Last one before I'm off to Portland. Took me around 45 minutes to complete. I tried adding text, but I didn't know what to put. Tongue_out
[Image: blazev2.png]

All this grain does not really go well with Haseo.

What do you mean by grain? Is it because I over sharpened it? Tongue_out

(Jul. 29, 2011  4:37 PM)Vintage Wrote: What do you mean by grain? Is it because I over sharpened it? Tongue_out

You could say that. The edges of these 'watered' shapes are what I would call grain though, and there is also some around Haseo.

RE: General GFX Thread - Electric - Jul. 29, 2011

Just made this:
[Image: 2q1yr9v.png]

What do you think?

(Jul. 29, 2011  5:18 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2011  4:37 PM)Vintage Wrote: What do you mean by grain? Is it because I over sharpened it? Tongue_out

You could say that. The edges of these 'watered' shapes are what I would call grain though, and there is also some around Haseo.

I've been trying to fix that, but I can't without making it look like he's overly blended into the background. Oh and that looks really good Electric. Smile

RE: General GFX Thread - S.D.C - Jul. 30, 2011

(Jul. 29, 2011  5:20 PM)Electric Wrote: Just made this:

What do you think?
Pretty good, the colours seem to work well together. I like the blurring on the render and how it mixes with the wave.

On anther note; I have just started using C4D's, and here are my first two shots using them:
[Image: sdamoncronoussigv27.png]
[Image: rowdogsigv8.png]
Any help is appreciated

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladerPotter - Jul. 30, 2011

SDC, thee second one....bad text placement. Try to make your C4D's blend with the flow...If you know what I mean. And try sharpening your focal point on the first one. It looks blurry and LQ-ish.

RE: General GFX Thread - Wolverine Mode - Jul. 30, 2011

@SDC : They still look LQ from my view , try to sharpen your renders and blur the background so there will be more depth in the tag. The flare in the first one is bad. And especially text placement and the text both are bad , remove them. Same goes for the render placement.

Read some tuts at GFXF Grin.

Hey Wolborg! Gave you a gift in GFXF which is this.
[Image: Gift.png]
There's V2 in the GFXF though. Smile Critics please. Smile

RE: General GFX Thread - Xyo - Jul. 30, 2011

I knew i made the right choice when i picked you as my GFX partner i think your getting better than me

^Thanks..And you're also getting better.

(Jul. 29, 2011  5:20 PM)Electric Wrote: Just made this:

What do you think?
What brush did you use? normal circles brush and do you use PS?
Thanks to Grin

RE: General GFX Thread - Wolverine Mode - Jul. 30, 2011

(Jul. 30, 2011  8:38 AM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Hey Wolborg! Gave you a gift in GFXF which is this.
[Image: Gift.png]
There's V2 in the GFXF though. Smile Critics please. Smile

Cool , you getting a lot better than me IMO Wink. Which tutorial you read to make that awesome style ?

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladeStation - Jul. 30, 2011

Xyo, do you not realize that BeybladerPotter is already better than you?

I want to have some sorta discussion about this because like not too long ago, she was terrible. She learned smudge and some basic text tuts. You guys should battle. Seriously.

Yeah sure but i feel terrible for you saying that, Jerk.....just kidding well ok ill challenge her and i seriously need to get photoshop Uncertain

RE: General GFX Thread - BeybladeStation - Jul. 30, 2011

Sorry, I meant like we have to sto this "maybe I will be better than me"