World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
General GFX Thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Your Creations (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Your-Creations)
+--- Thread: General GFX Thread (/Thread-General-GFX-Thread)

RE: General GFX Thread - Wolverine Mode - Dec. 06, 2011

Thanks for the comments guys ^^ !

A new tag :

[Image: 939be7ab.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - SyTric XZ - Dec. 06, 2011

Eh?/ thats too small,but nice with c4d's overall nice!

Lol , whats the problem with being small ?
But thanks !

Another new one Smile.

[Image: 68bf9183.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - SyTric XZ - Dec. 06, 2011

hmm..seems u are fast doing sigs.....this one seems to be rushed with c4d's and small render but this one is also nice

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Dec. 06, 2011

Try adding meaning to your work, because right now it is always just a pointless obscure and complex background with random picture of a character. What I mean is that your work does not seem to convey anything at all ...

I know Kai-V. These two are sigs for two people and its currently 1:34 am here and from morning I have a busy schedule so I have to rush for it.

RE: General GFX Thread - Taj12 - Dec. 06, 2011

Seeing that Xlr8 quitt the tourney, I'm gonna reveal my entry:
[Image: di-R5TE.png]
CnC please

RE: General GFX Thread - Ga' - Dec. 07, 2011

LUCARIO <3

IDK, it might be just me, but there seems to be 2 light sources, one on the top left(ish) and bottom underneath Lucario's leg.

And is that weird stuff flying off of him Aura? Looks like gunk more than Aura, Aura should be more wispy and ethereal.

RE: General GFX Thread - Taj12 - Dec. 09, 2011

CnC please:
[Image: 5wckd0.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - Xlr8 - Dec. 09, 2011

(Dec. 06, 2011  8:36 PM)Taj12 Wrote: Seeing that Xlr8 quitt the tourney, I'm gonna reveal my entry:
[Image: di-R5TE.png]
CnC please

hey dude edit u r post i m back in tourney

RE: General GFX Thread - TanithElite - Dec. 09, 2011

I just noticed that my aunt has photoshop but I dont know how to open it

RE: General GFX Thread - Viral - Dec. 09, 2011

(Dec. 09, 2011  11:56 PM)TanithElite Wrote: I just noticed that my aunt has photoshop but I dont know how to open it
You can right click it and then click run as administrator

RE: General GFX Thread - TanithElite - Dec. 10, 2011

it is not there

RE: General GFX Thread - Kei - Dec. 10, 2011

I wasn't sure where to post this, but here is OK, I suppose. I finally got around to making a post on deviantART about the design work I did for BEYBLADE CRUSADE this past May. Check it out: http://kei-x.deviantart.com/art/BEYBLADE-CRUSADE-273174264 !

RE: General GFX Thread - Wolverine Mode - Dec. 11, 2011

Which style is better ?

[Image: c593b368.png]

or

[Image: cb1c42b6.png]

RE: General GFX Thread - Vintage - Dec. 11, 2011

(Dec. 11, 2011  7:55 PM)Wolverine Mode Wrote: Which style is better ?

or

I like the bottoms style better.

RE: General GFX Thread - DeltaFate - Dec. 11, 2011

Cnc On This Other Vesion [Image: 34qpi8i.gif]

RE: General GFX Thread - Wolverine Mode - Dec. 12, 2011

(Dec. 11, 2011  9:56 PM)DBFiction Wrote:

or

Do you ? I think the first style is better Uncertain.
Btw , why do you like the bottom style better ?

RE: General GFX Thread - Kai-V - Dec. 12, 2011

I think both have the same style where the picture does not blend with the background ...

RE: General GFX Thread - Vintage - Dec. 12, 2011

(Dec. 12, 2011  9:44 AM)Wolverine Mode Wrote:
(Dec. 11, 2011  9:56 PM)DBFiction Wrote:

or

Do you ? I think the first style is better Uncertain.
Btw , why do you like the bottom style better ?

I'm just not a fan of negative lol. Bottom one looks like it's got a lot of potential if he blended it in using more C4D's.

RE: General GFX Thread - Whatzzer - Dec. 13, 2011

[Image: Untitled-1-2.png]
CnC's?

RE: General GFX Thread - bugturtles - Dec. 13, 2011

(Dec. 10, 2011  5:57 AM)Kei Wrote: I wasn't sure where to post this, but here is OK, I suppose. I finally got around to making a post on deviantART about the design work I did for BEYBLADE CRUSADE this past May. Check it out: http://kei-x.deviantart.com/art/BEYBLADE-CRUSADE-273174264 !

gonna bump this post up because this really deserves it

Favorite things of mine that I'd like to point out include the text and the subdued Beyblade part in both of the poster's backgrounds.

The text is very clear and gets the point across (especially the time table). Spacing between each character is good as well; it's not ridiculously close together, while at the same time not being too spaced out. Some people would say something along the lines of "the kerning between each character isn't uniform throughout" but that's just because they're assholes.

Text for the phrase "CRUSADE" is cut-off especially at the S, D, and E characters, however this might just be the font.

What did you use for sparkle effects? I'm particularly interested in using a similar effect (because I really never have).

The very subtle "grunge"/static style is fantastic as well. Blending of different shades of reds really makes it peaceful.

While I have not been here for the past two years (ish) to see you progress, this is my favorite work from you.

Sorry for the wall of text, ha.

(20 x 30 inches!? this better have been printed and framed)

RE: General GFX Thread - Kei - Dec. 13, 2011

bugturtles Wrote:
Kei Wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this, but here is OK, I suppose. I finally got around to making a post on deviantART about the design work I did for BEYBLADE CRUSADE this past May. Check it out: http://kei-x.deviantart.com/art/BEYBLADE-CRUSADE-273174264 !

gonna bump this post up because this really deserves it

bugturtles Wrote:Favorite things of mine that I'd like to point out include the text and the subdued Beyblade part in both of the poster's backgrounds.

I didn't mention it in the description on dA, but I love what I did with the "IN [HERE]!" text on the first poster. I was worried some insecure person would tell me "But the "IN" is touching the "M", the bracket is touching the "N", and ... and, the "!" is being cut off! That's wrong!" ahaha.

bugturtles Wrote:The text is very clear and gets the point across (especially the time table). Spacing between each character is good as well; it's not ridiculously close together, while at the same time not being too spaced out. Some people would say something along the lines of "the kerning between each character isn't uniform throughout" but that's just because they're assholes.

It might not be completely uniform throughout, but I'm not a micro typography kind of guy. I'd prefer if my work wasn't "perfect" in that sense anyways, to be honest. Life isn't "perfect" in many ways, and the event itself wasn't exactly completely calm and orderly either! If someone wanted a justification for it, that's what I'd tell them. I'm more concerned with whether or not the overall feeling of the design is correct.

But thanks for the compliment regarding the timetable! It was easily understood by the tournament attendees, I think. I remember a Dad asking me about something regarding our schedule that day and after pointing him towards the giant poster posted up behind me, his question had been answered.

bugturtles Wrote:Text for the phrase "CRUSADE" is cut-off especially at the S, D, and E characters, however this might just be the font.

It was a stylistic choice. I wanted to use that typeface, but I felt that a) Simply typing the name wasn't good enough; it needed to have some sort of defining aesthetic to separate it from the default typeface which had been slightly overused in the design community at that time (I was obsessed with it at the time after having done an essay on the designer LOL) and b) I knew this event wasn't going to be a run of the mill WBO tournament; it was going to be extraordinary, and exciting, so I decided that modifying the type in the fashion that I did would imbue the feeling of some of those adjectives into the design/typography.

bugturtles Wrote:What did you use for sparkle effects? I'm particularly interested in using a similar effect (because I really never have).

You mean the stars in the background? They're actually from a Hubble Space Telescope stock photograph. There's a treasure trove of beautiful images on the NASA website available for download in super high resolution.

bugturtles Wrote:The very subtle "grunge"/static style is fantastic as well. Blending of different shades of reds really makes it peaceful.

It's interesting that you call the blending of the reds "peaceful". I saw it as more of a colour of action in this case. However, you could look at it the way that you did, especially when it is implied that the background is outer space; I think there's a certain feeling of calm longing attached to images of that nature given how little of outer space we have explored. I'm going to get incredibly abstract here, but it sort of parallels our lives in that sense. We might think we know something, but we always long for more, always long to push ourselves further. We might win one battle, but our appetite will never be satiated; we'll always seek out something new to move on towards. We might gain one new member, but we'll always wish we had more. That's the BEYBLADE CRUSADE. I think you understand what I'm getting at, haha.

bugturtles Wrote:While I have not been here for the past two years (ish) to see you progress, this is my favorite work from you.

Thank you! Like I said on dA, "I personally feel this is one of the best posters I've ever designed".

bugturtles Wrote:(20 x 30 inches!? this better have been printed and framed)

Both of them are sitting rolled up in the corner of my room lol. I probably should get them framed! Many people asked me at the tournament if they could have them after the tournament was over. It was so exciting printing them out for the first time; it felt so substantial in comparison to the 11 x 17 format I had been used to working in up to that point.

RE: General GFX Thread - bugturtles - Dec. 13, 2011

It might be my screen displaying slightly different shades of red, ha. Now knowing about the reasons behind the "cut-off" CRUSADE text, it makes much more sense now; before the explanation I found it mysteriously intriguing. Would print it out or something on my printer, but I have no colored ink.

i am so hyped to make a poster after reading your post/staring at that poster for the longest time, but i don't know what!

(WBO posters = WBO collectibles..? would be pretty cool to have a line of WBO posters arranged in chronological order showing how far WBO has gone!)