which company should dub Metal Fight Beyblade?

Poll: Which company should dub Metal Fight Beyblade

Viz Media
53.13%
Funimation
28.13%
Nelvana
18.75%
Total: 100% 32 vote(s)
Between Viz, Funimation, Nelvana; I would definiately want Viz to dub it.

Why?

Viz primarily focuses more on censoring more than cutting out scenes.
They rarely add in scenes that were already in there. Out of most of their
anime they have dubbed and edited that I have seen, there are very few scene cuts let alone scene alterations. Not only that but Viz is really good with keeping their scripts intact for the most part. if an anime they dub is put on TV first, the script will be intact for the most part except for things involving sexual inuendo,
nudity, etc. Most of their animes they make Uncut DVDs for if it is popular enough. Viz is not the type of company to make pointless cuts or change the script really badly.

anime that Viz has dubbed that have excellent scripts even for an edited version:

note: I'm not adding Bleach to the list because there is no edited version for bleach especially since it is on Adult Swim. Same goes for Inuyasha, Buso Renkin, Death Note.

Below these are in ranking order for which in my opinion are the top 5 best edited Viz dubs.

#1. Naruto
#2. Blue Dragon
#3. MAR
#4. Zatch Bell

even with all the edits they made to Zatch Bell, their script remains intact for the most part. A few name changes here and there, but not that bad.

#5. Megaman Star Force

if Viz were to get a hold of Metal Fight Beyblade, it would be in the right hands.
Nelvana is practically coproducing the show so this is a tad pointless.

And Blue Dragon's dub is far from good. There are more inconsistant visual edits in that show then anything I've ever seen in my life.
That maybe true, but the script is really good. i've watched both the fansubs and the dub of Blue Dragon. Yes I know that they made bunches of visual edits for Blue Dragon, but the point is the script is really good for the most part.
The script is what really matters because fans want to hear what they're really saying, not some crappy stuff that was added. regardless if there are visual edits, what matters is the script. I've seen episodes of Blue Dragon that had little to no visual edits at all. yeah a good amount of them have many visual edits but some don't at all.

Funimation is a good dubbing company in all but they really add a bunch of stuff to their scripts not found in the original. They aren't notorious for censoring their stuff, they just have a bad habit of making their own script with many things not found in the original.

Nelvana hasn't even licensed Metal Fight Beyblade yet. usually the licensing happens way later when they're almost done with the season.
(Apr. 04, 2009  5:01 AM)DranzerX13 Wrote: Nelvana hasn't even licensed Metal Fight Beyblade yet. usually the licensing happens way later when they're almost done with the season.

Nelvana is producing the music for this series worldwide.
WOW! I looked up on Toonzone and found out about this. I also heard that the music used in the Japanese version will be in all language versions.
(Apr. 04, 2009  6:33 AM)DranzerX13 Wrote: WOW! I looked up on Toonzone and found out about this. I also heard that the music used in the Japanese version will be in all language versions.

Yes. We've been talking about this here for a while.
Nelvana's gonna carp it up. I only like the first series dub for nostalgic reasons; I admit Explosive Shoot Beyblade's dub was pretty bad.

Get ready for Gary Harrison protecting Kenneth from the clutches of Kyle. And a shoddy, kind of close, but not close enough script. And most likely a lame new OP.

If anything, I hope MFB's dub will at least have decent insert songs like ESB did.
Clearly someone didn't read what Brad wrote. The music you find in the score of MFB's Japanese soundtrack will be what you see in the English version. The man who made the soundtrack said so.

And if Bakugan (another Nelvana co-production) is anything to go by, the script shouldn't deviate much, with minimal to no edits. Heck the English broadcast of Bakugan has an episode that was not aired by the Japanese. With most of the Japanese names staying in tact. Most changing was like Danma into Dan.
hahaha i love how everyone acts like beyblade is some amazing, dramatic story that has been sullied by the hands of the EVIL NELVANA, they've wrecked our BEAUTIFUL TALE

newsflash: it's a 23 minute commercial for spinning tops
(Apr. 05, 2009  2:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: newsflash: it's a 23 minute commercial for spinning tops

Quoting this for emphasis so some of you get it Libruhhh
(Apr. 05, 2009  2:35 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: newsflash: it's a 23 minute commercial for spinning tops

NO WAY!DJ - Shock!

You mean the script of beyblade was not comparable to Shakespeare?

You're full of carp.
I never said that they ruined it, I like the dub. But I'm not so naive to the point where I won't admit the dub has faults just because I like it.

If my post came off as purist-y, well... I dunno what to say. Apologies aren't in order, to say the least.
(Apr. 05, 2009  2:56 AM)Khel Wrote: NO WAY!DJ - Shock!

You mean the script of beyblade was not comparable to Shakespeare?

You're full of carp.

"Ginga Caesar" Supaburn
Well, I liked the first 23 minute commercial. Grin
i think it would be good for funimation cause it would be uncut when it comes out on dvd
(Apr. 17, 2009  2:59 AM)metal fight Wrote: i think it would be good for funimation cause it would be uncut when it comes out on dvd

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of what they would cut. I really don't see why there would be an uncut version, since I don't know why there would be a censored version.
(Apr. 17, 2009  3:03 AM)Crimson Wrote: I'm wracking my brain trying to think of what they would cut. I really don't see why there would be an uncut version, since I don't know why there would be a censored version.

benkei sad carp that a no-no
i think i heard kyouka say "kisama" dosen't that mean like 'you carp','damn you', ect.?
fell free to correct my japanese sucks
That isn't 'censorship' so much.
(to the extent of my knowledge), Japan doesn't so much have 'swear words', as it has words that can be taken in a rude context.

Kuso can of course be 'carp', lots of people translate it as 'carp', but it's not necessarily a swear word, just people committed to saying "OMG ANIME IS HARDCORE, THEY SWEAR ALL THE TIME!". But in reality, it's not filled with swearing, it just depends on how you want to translate the dialogue.

"Damn you" is easily turned into "darn you!", without really losing much emphasis. "You carp" can be "you jerk!", etc.

In the 'uncut' version topic, I'm talking about the kind of visual edits, (e.g. how lots of anime get violence cut out, footage actually cut from the show in order to make it 'viewable' for american audiences)
I really don't think MFB has anything that would require censorship, It's not like we have Benkei shooting his blade at someones face in an attempt to physically hurt them.
(Apr. 17, 2009  3:03 AM)Crimson Wrote: I'm wracking my brain trying to think of what they would cut. I really don't see why there would be an uncut version, since I don't know why there would be a censored version.

well there was things they cut out on the old beyblade and some stuff for no reason
I think that the WBO should dub it, and Kai-V should be in charge of translations and scripting. We are fans, we will do it right.
(Apr. 17, 2009  3:25 AM)fragbait Wrote: I think that the WBO should dub it, and Kai-V should be in charge of translations and scripting. We are fans, we will do it right.

that would be a good idea its to bad were not a company
Fandubbers are hardly ever payed. Who cares if we aren't a company, we're on the internets, we can be whatever we want.
(Apr. 17, 2009  3:22 AM)Crimson Wrote: That isn't 'censorship' so much.
(to the extent of my knowledge), Japan doesn't so much have 'swear words', as it has words that can be taken in a rude context.

Kuso can of course be 'carp', lots of people translate it as 'carp', but it's not necessarily a swear word, just people committed to saying "OMG ANIME IS HARDCORE, THEY SWEAR ALL THE TIME!". But in reality, it's not filled with swearing, it just depends on how you want to translate the dialogue.

"Damn you" is easily turned into "darn you!", without really losing much emphasis. "You carp" can be "you jerk!", etc.

In the 'uncut' version topic, I'm talking about the kind of visual edits, (e.g. how lots of anime get violence cut out, footage actually cut from the show in order to make it 'viewable' for american audiences)
I really don't think MFB has anything that would require censorship, It's not like we have Benkei shooting his blade at someones face in an attempt to physically hurt them.

i know that japan has diffrent levels of rudeness not swearing i'm just saying even though "kisama" means you the amount of rudeness in japan is equal to "you carp" in english right? this all depends on how they dub it

how does everyone know so much japanese what do you all use? i need better japanese
(Apr. 17, 2009  3:31 AM)fragbait Wrote: Fandubbers are hardly ever payed. Who cares if we aren't a company, we're on the internets, we can be whatever we want.

i know that lol you can do your own fandub too you know
I personally think that Viz should sub it. Nelvana ruined Bakuten Shoot Beyblade Tired