WBO Organized Play Updates February 2024: X Organizer Duties, New Clauses, and More!

Hello World Bladers!

It has been quite some time since our last update and we hope that Beyblade X has been treating you all well! Below we have some updates for you all, Organizers in particular should pay attention to the first one! Descriptions of the slight leniency afforded to some parts of the X Format "Ranked" spreadsheet duties, a new Ranked Clause for Burst Classic, and the tightening up of a loose end in the X Format Rulebook are all found below.

• [IMPORTANT] X Format Organizer Duties: Ranked X Spreadsheets' "Results" Page
  • [IMPORTANT] Ranked Clauses Guide: New Burst Classic Clauses Added!
  • [IMPORTANT] X Format "Launching" Section: Clarifying Stadium Area Contact

X Format Organizer Duties: "Results" Section For Ranked X Events Now Optional

With Beyblade X in full swing, naturally events marked as both "Ranked" and "Unranked" have skyrocketed. As of yet, though, WBO's own ranked leaderboard for the Beyblade X Format has yet to make its appearance - more exciting news on that in the coming months!

Because of this delay, the practice of inputting every single match played based on a W/L column lacks purpose. It is, right now, busywork that provides little value to the Organizer or the event. In fact, many Beyblade X Format events are currently going unranked to avoid all of the more official documenting expected of a WBO Organized Play Ranked Event to just focus on the playing of the game.

Rather than make this an obligation for X Format as it is for our currently live Ranked leaderboards, we wanted to take an official stance and let all Organizers know that the inputting of the "Results" sheet information for your X event is optional. If you'd like to potentially future-proof your event, by all means, go for it, but it is not a necessity at this time. Again, this is unlike Ranked Metal Fight and Burst Formats that do require the Results page in the spreadsheet to be filled out in its entirety. That hasn't changed.

Ranked Clauses Added: Unban of Selected God, SwitchStrike, SlingShock Layers!

God and SwitchStrike Layers were banned from Burst Classic almost 5 years ago to streamline the format and focus on the Single and Dual Layers. With the introduction of Ranked Clauses, we want to give Organizers and Bladers the option to access these parts once again.

9 returning Layers will be available with this new Ranked Clause, along with 4 new Layers: Tornado Wyvern, Tempest Wyvron W3, Wonder Valtryek V4, and Z Achilles A4. The new Layers were added after ongoing discussions within the community regarding their power level and potential place in the Burst Classic format. We'll be monitoring the performance of these new Layers, as well as Guardian Kerbeus on different God Chips.

The new Ranked Clause reads as follows:

Ranked Clauses Guide Wrote:#6: Unban of Selected God, SwitchStrike, SlingShock Layers
The following Layers may also be used in this tournament: Cognite C3, God Valkyrie, Genesis Valtryek V3, Strike Valtryek V3, Guardian Kerbeus, Killer Deathscyther, Doomscizor D3, Kreis Satan, Satomb S3, Tornado Wyvern (new), Tempest Wyvron W3 (new), Wonder Valtryek V4 (new), Z Achilles A4 (new).
** Metal God Chips are not allowed on compatible Layers

X Format "Launching" Section Revised: Launch Area vs. Battle Zone

This, unlike many "rule changes" our books undergo, is more of a re-clarification and explanation of launching that is more concise, logical, and frankly how people play the game. This is the current statement made about a legal "Launch" in the Beyblade X Format Rulebook that will be changed, bolded and in red:

X Format Rulebook "Launching" Section Wrote:A battle is prompted with the call of “3–2–1 Go Shoot!” and begins when both Beyblades have made contact with the Launch Area of the stadium at least once.

Unfortunately, while does on-paper seem to make sense, by confining contact with the Xtreme Stadium to just the "Launch Area" (defined later on in the rulebook as the area surrounding the circular entrance of the stadium), it means that, technically, touching corners of the stadium not directly underneath the Launch Area may not qualify as the battle starting..

Instead we are clarifying the text to better reflect the intention of the rule: making contact with any portion of the base of the stadium, referred to as the "Battle Zone" in the X Format Rulebook. Here is what that sentence will read like from now on, bolded and in green:

X Format Rulebook Revised "Launching Section. Wrote:A battle is prompted with the call of “3–2–1 Go Shoot!” and begins when both Beyblades have made contact with the Battle Zone of the stadium at least once. If a Beyblade is launched directly into an Over/Xtreme Zone instead, it is considered to be knocked-out.

Feedback?
Your input is greatly appreciated If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.
Im not sure about how I feel on launching straight into the pocket counting as a ko, but we’ll see if it’s actually all that bad.
Less work for Organizers is always appreciated! Great to see the option to use God Layers again in BSC, should be interesting to see if it shakes anything up.

(Feb. 19, 2024  10:17 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: Im not sure about how I feel on launching straight into the pocket counting as a ko, but we’ll see if it’s actually all that bad.

To my knowledge this has always been the case, and this is only a clarification for rulesharks.
thank u guys for ensuring my eye strain does not get worse doing those spreadsheets papa bless
No summit ): (we prayge)
So I would just like to clarify something. The little ridge on the shroud to the BBX Xtreme Stadium, is that considered part of the battle zone? I know we use some lint closely to TTs rules for X with the whole stadium being considered in play. So I know if a Beyblade were to bounce out of the stadium and land on that ridge on the shroud it is still in play. But if you launch a bey and it starts off on that shroud is that considered to have made contact with the battle zone?
(Feb. 19, 2024  10:37 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: So I would just like to clarify something. The little ridge on the shroud to the BBX Xtreme Stadium, is that considered part of the battle zone? I know we use some lint closely to TTs rules for X with the whole stadium being considered in play. So I know if a Beyblade were to bounce out of the stadium and land on that ridge on the shroud it is still in play. But if you launch a bey and it starts off on that shroud is that considered to have made contact with the battle zone?

We don’t really state that the little ridge is  illegal to launch on to, but we do have in the rulebook the following:

“Launch Area
The Launch Area is the area of the stadium’s floor directly below and bounded by the top opening in its shroud. Beyblades must be launched inside the Launch Area.”

This means you are launching inside the shroud because that is the launch area.  It should be very difficult for anyone to launch inside the shroud, within the launch area, and also making it to the ridge without the bey going to the battle zone first.
(Feb. 20, 2024  1:13 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2024  10:37 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: So I would just like to clarify something. The little ridge on the shroud to the BBX Xtreme Stadium, is that considered part of the battle zone? I know we use some lint closely to TTs rules for X with the whole stadium being considered in play. So I know if a Beyblade were to bounce out of the stadium and land on that ridge on the shroud it is still in play. But if you launch a bey and it starts off on that shroud is that considered to have made contact with the battle zone?

We don’t really state that the little ridge is  illegal to launch on to, but we do have in the rulebook the following:

“Launch Area
The Launch Area is the area of the stadium’s floor directly below and bounded by the top opening in its shroud. Beyblades must be launched inside the Launch Area.”

This means you are launching inside the shroud because that is the launch area.  It should be very difficult for anyone to launch inside the shroud, within the launch area, and also making it to the ridge without the bey going to the battle zone first.

Yeah when I had read the rules before the way I had determined it and that we have been playing in MD is that the beys have to land on the stadium floor first before the battle can begin. Sometimes when people launch they pull back and the beys will land on the ridge of the shroud and stay on it for a period of time. Because of the battle not being able to start until both beys hit the stadium floor we have just considered it a miss launch and a reshoot occurs. I’m just trying to make sure our assessment on that one is justified by the WBO rules.
(Feb. 20, 2024  4:07 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Feb. 20, 2024  1:13 AM)Shindog Wrote: We don’t really state that the little ridge is  illegal to launch on to, but we do have in the rulebook the following:

“Launch Area

Yeah when I had read the rules before the way I had determined it and that we have been playing in MD is that the beys have to land on the stadium floor first before the battle can begin. Sometimes when people launch they pull back and the beys will land on the ridge of the shroud and stay on it for a period of time. Because of the battle not being able to start until both beys hit the stadium floor we have just considered it a miss launch and a reshoot occurs. I’m just trying to make sure our assessment on that one is justified by the WBO rules.

Then these players are really not launching within the launch area as stated in the rulebook since day 1. So all those are illegal launches.  I guess if someone keeps doing that, after being told they need to launch in the launch area, the judge will need to start taking points.

It is exceedingly difficult to make it to the ridge while actually following all the launching rules.  This is by design. One of the easiest ways is to negate gravity.

The launch area is also discussed in the B4 rulebook and shaded in, in a figure.  The biggest difference between B4 and WBO Beyblade X launch rule is the 20cm vs 30cm from the center of the stadium floor.  With B4, the 20cm + the shaded launch area, there isnt much room for players to move around during launch at all.  WBO gives a little more freedom.