12.50%
Worse
43.75%
Horrible havent watched it since
12.50%
Wat the heck is two and a half men?????
18.75%
Total: 100% 16 vote(s)
Well, wat r ur thoughts, do u find it better? I must say, that it doesnt really suit this personality for Ashton. I mean Charlie Sheen was a Drug and alcohol addic so it suit him.
Ashton Kutcher playing the psychologically useless moron is great. We needed to see something drive Alan to a low like his brother had.
(Oct. 04, 2011  10:34 AM)d^_^b Wrote: Well, wat r ur thoughts, do u find it better? I must say, that it doesnt really suit this personality for Ashton. I mean Charlie Sheen was a Drug and alcohol addic so it suit him.

They're not even the same. The only thing that's the same is they're both rich. There's no evidence that Ashton's character is a drug and alcohol addict anyway.
Obviously Charlie's character was not so rich if he had 3 mortgages on the house.

Ashton can't act the part to save his life IMO.
I feel like Walden's ignorance is going to cause Alan to become exactly like Charlie.
(Oct. 04, 2011  9:41 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Obviously Charlie's character was not so rich if he had 3 mortgages on the house.

Just because he had 3 doesn't mean he wasn't rich. It could mean he spent more than he had which is highly likely considering what his character was like. By part do you mean Charlie's part cause he's not charlie and he has a different personality...
(Oct. 04, 2011  9:38 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: They're not even the same. The only thing that's the same is they're both rich. There's no evidence that Ashton's character is a drug and alcohol addict anyway.

No, wat i meant was, Two and a Half Men is sort of known because it suits Charlie Sheen, seeing Ashton as this child figure it just really make sense anymore. Plus even the crew who work with TAAHM said they miss Charlie. I just think Charlie was a better suit for the part.
(Oct. 04, 2011  11:30 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2011  9:41 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Obviously Charlie's character was not so rich if he had 3 mortgages on the house.

Just because he had 3 doesn't mean he wasn't rich. It could mean he spent more than he had which is highly likely considering what his character was like. By part do you mean Charlie's part cause he's not charlie and he has a different personality...
I'm pretty sure I know Walden =/= Charlie.

Having a stable income and being rich are two completely different things. I know this so well since I live in a resort community. If you look at what everyone inherited, it was nothing. You can safely assume he just had a high income, which he spent. This means he was not rich because an income can be lost at any time. What you actually possess is not generally lost so quickly.
Does anyone see Walden, unlike Charlie, already making a worse impact on Alan's already self-abusive attitude or social life? I say worse because at least he had the sanity to keep the house together aside from Berta.
Ashton Kutcher cannot play a serious role, or an adult role, to save his life. His best attempt(The Butterfly Effect) was a horrifying display of shoddy acting.

Growing a beard doesn't make him look any less like Michael Kelso from That 70's Show, and that is who he will always be. Sub-par Rom-Coms, Punked, etc. have just irrepairably destroyed my ability to see him as an adult.

Charlie Sheen fit this show - he was the entire reason to watch it, honestly, aside from occasionally watching just to feel hatred toward Alan's character.

All of this is purely my opinion, of course, but without Sheen, this show is just absolutely nothing.
Surprisingly, I don't mind Kutcher/Schmidt. He's not a bad character, and actually puts some depth of character in the house. Frankly, Kutcher still acts like Kelso, too. But that's not entirely a bad thing. My main issue was the woefully immature take Charlie had on the filming of the funeral. Apparently, he likes to rub it in his "fake friends"' faces that he has "hotties" living with him. Eh, annoying as hell. Though, really. Did anyone NOT think that Rose had something to do with the death once she said "cheating"?
The show's about as good as it was prior to Sheen's dismissal.

Take that as you will. Wink
I didn't really like Season 8+ Charlie. He became the anti-thesis to what the character was originally based on. Someone you'd kill to be, and he knows it. With all of the Rose exploits, the revolving-door love life, having to actually lean on Alan every once in a while, and actually getting closer to Rose? Nah. No way that would have even been a THOUGHT in Season 1. I mean, the woman GLUED HIS TESTICLES TO HIS THIGH. There's not much to say on that.
I bet that memory will never die in the series, among the characters.
(Oct. 06, 2011  4:33 AM)Temporal Wrote: I didn't really like Season 8+ Charlie. He became the anti-thesis to what the character was originally based on. Someone you'd kill to be, and he knows it. With all of the Rose exploits, the revolving-door love life, having to actually lean on Alan every once in a while, and actually getting closer to Rose? Nah. No way that would have even been a THOUGHT in Season 1. I mean, the woman GLUED HIS TESTICLES TO HIS THIGH. There's not much to say on that.

um it's called development of a character's personality. He was still basically the same as he was in season 8 as he was in season 1. Personally I liked that Charlie was developing as a person. Staying the same is not interesting.
You'd lose patience too if a pathologically passive-aggressive, negative-ned was leeching of your home.
There's a difference. Think about it, you see almost NONE of the original Charlie at the end. Like: None. Then, when he "dies", they have you believe that Charlie "went out like Charlie", despite that that version of Charlie has been disappearing since Season 4. At least keep it consistent, people. I don't like the immediate turnaround. I'd rather they have had Charlie go out in a way that more defined the later seasons, not regressing back to Season 1, and having ROSE, of all people, kill him off. (Because, really, is this even up for debate? Rose killed him. It's obvious.)
TVTropes is at a loss for words. Someone deleted the speculation on his true death being caused by Rose when, well, the person who ended up predicting it without knowing just taken it down.
Berta alludes to it too. "Never mess with a crazy (Well, you know what goes here.)" Eh, not well executed. The new episodes aren't bad though. The hugs from Walden got old, and I'm glad the producers noticed and cut it out after two episodes.
(Oct. 07, 2011  4:38 AM)Temporal Wrote: There's a difference. Think about it, you see almost NONE of the original Charlie at the end. Like: None. Then, when he "dies", they have you believe that Charlie "went out like Charlie", despite that that version of Charlie has been disappearing since Season 4. At least keep it consistent, people. I don't like the immediate turnaround. I'd rather they have had Charlie go out in a way that more defined the later seasons, not regressing back to Season 1, and having ROSE, of all people, kill him off. (Because, really, is this even up for debate? Rose killed him. It's obvious.)

Are you really complaining that Charlie wasn't such a selfish alcoholic whoremonger in season 8 as he was in season 1? If the character stays the same then it's not interesting. I don't want to see the same old Charlie season after season. Also it's obvious Rose killed Charlie.
I never said a such thing. I don't like how he apparently regressed RIGHT after the show. Why else would he cheat on Rose RIGHT AFTER THEIR HONEYMOON? It seems like you're making me out to be an idiot. Think about it: At the end of Season 8, he matured a bit. His death, and the marriage, was years later. It makes no sense that he would pull a move reminiscent of Season 1 Charlie. I like the "new" Charlie. I really did. I did, in case you missed it, say that the producers need to keep the personality consistent. If he grew up, then keep it that way.
Sorry I misunderstood what you said.
No issue. I just thought it needed to be pointed out.
Ashton Kutcher will not be like charlie , i feel that charlies part got divided between both of walden & alan , walden is like a toned down version of committed charlie , which feels good , somehow alan seems to be controlling his life how he wants , walden is confused but still trying so hard on his relationship

Charlie sheen going out seems to be a blessing in disguise , it was same ol same ol for the past 8 seasons , i was thinking of dropping the show from my to watch list , until i heard charlie sheen was out , i felt like how will the show go now , but after watching season 9 ep 01 i felt the show was great , if i was a dvd collector , then i would just start collecting the show season 9 onwards
Anybody in AUS just watch that episode just now?