Proposal: Mid-battle Gimmick Activation Ranked Clause

Poll: Should there be a ranked clause to allow people to not reset mid-battle gimmicks

Yes, Make this a clause
45.00%
No, do not add this
35.00%
No Opinion/Don’t Care
20.00%
Total: 100% 20 vote(s)
In Beyblade Burst, there are a number of parts that have a gimmick where they change modes in the middle of battle. Some of these are from getting hit, getting close to bursting, and gaining and losing spin, however these methods can be inconsistent and make parts more random and harder to use successfully

Currently the rulebook states that these mid battle changes must be set back to the original state before each launch, but my proposal is to allow players to have the choice to reset it or not. This would be a ranked clause as to allow organizers who don’t want to play with this rule set to continue playing the original way. There is also precedent for this in the Plastics rulebook which allows Jumping Base (Trygle) and Jumping Base 2 to be used in their activated state

For the clause this is how I would have it, but it is subject to change if responses want anything about it changed.

“Parts with modes that change during the battle are not required to be reset after each launch.
 Parts with multiple components must be launched with all components properly assembled”

Parts that this would include are:
  • Revive Phoenix
  • Dead Phoenix
  • Perfect Phoenix
  • Unperfect Phoenix
  • Bullet
  • Tempest
  • Volcano
  • Burn
  • The End
  • Shot
  • Almight
  • Greatest Raphael
  • Gatling

Parts that this would not include are:
  • Cho-Z Valkyrie
  • Cho-Z Spriggan
  • Cho-Z Achilles
  • Belial 2
  • Belial 3
I'd rather this be the standard. Initially I didn't even know Gatling had to be reset. Just seems like a lot of word vomit and pointless micromanagement for judges, and leads to tons of indirect "cheating" as a result.

If it just gets added as a clause that's cool too, but I don't want to have to worry about things like this when hosting Burst in anyway.
(Apr. 02, 2024  6:07 PM)Neo Wrote: I'd rather this be the standard. Initially I didn't even know Gatling had to be reset. Just seems like a lot of word vomit and pointless micromanagement for judges, and leads to tons of indirect "cheating" as a result.

If it just gets added as a clause that's cool too, but I don't want to have to worry about things like this when hosting Burst in anyway.

It's a very direct ruling from TT so even I'm inclined to say it should be the default.

That said, this is a clause I would use, personally.
While I see where this thread is going or trying to go, I personally wouldn’t use this clause nor do I see any reason for it to be implemented.

The main point for this I’ve seen is Tempest is an unbalanced mess without having both sides pre awakened in some instances and I do see that point. But my thing is, why don’t we just make a clause for Tempest that it can be pre awakened? It doesn’t have to apply to every single Mode Gimmick Beyblade as from what I’ve been seeing, there is no real purpose in doing so since most of these parts are outclassed and there is nothing to prove that anything would really change. I really liked Neo’s point, there is really no reason to worry about this in Burst.

Also I don’t see why Almight need to be on this because if you want it to activate you just need to hard launch it, that’s not very difficult to do in the Burst Metas due to the powerful launchers. I just really don’t see how this would give more options or make Burst a better format to play because there’s nothing to go off of and most of these modes are pretty useless with the exception of Tempest and potentially Gatling but I don’t see why we’d need to include every single Mode. That’s just my take on the situation however.
(Apr. 02, 2024  6:46 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: While I see where this thread is going or trying to go, I personally wouldn’t use this clause nor do I see any reason for it to be implemented.

The main point for this I’ve seen is Tempest is an unbalanced mess without having both sides pre awakened in some instances and I do see that point. But my thing is, why don’t we just make a clause for Tempest that it can be pre awakened? It doesn’t have to apply to every single Mode Gimmick Beyblade as from what I’ve been seeing, there is no real purpose in doing so since most of these parts are outclassed and there is nothing to prove that anything would really change. I really liked Neo’s point, there is really no reason to worry about this in Burst.

Also I don’t see why Almight need to be on this because if you want it to activate you just need to hard launch it, that’s not very difficult to do in the Burst Metas due to the powerful launchers. I just really don’t see how this would give more options or make Burst a better format to play because there’s nothing to go off of and most of these modes are pretty useless with the exception of Tempest and potentially Gatling but I don’t see why we’d need to include every single Mode. That’s just my take on the situation however.

This clause would include everything because there’s no real reason for it not to and it helps keep it shorter instead of listing each specific thing. Tempest is pretty useless so it wouldn’t really change its usage. Almight gets buffed a ton because yes, you hard launch, but then you end up circling the stadium and self koing which is the opposite of what you want for LAD and Defense.
I don't believe this should be a clause, especially for the Burst parts listed.

For all Phoenix Beyblades listed (I assume Prominence would be part of this as it has the same gimmick), there is absolutely no reason to not have the armor on since that's the superior performing mode. The armor is also part of the Beyblade, meaning it still requires to be fully reassembled before playing again. It just happens that the ability requires partial disassembly. The same goes for the Bullet driver.

All other parts are simply the gimmicks and functions of the beys. There is no genuine reason to start with post-activation Beyblades because of what seems to be a minor inconvenience. By design, the parts are meant to function in a specific way. To take that away in the name of consistency and success is beyond ludicrous. Because of these gimmicks, there is the risk of using them with consistent success - that's simply part of the game. With risk comes reward.

Every part mentioned is either better pre-activation and would not benefit from this clause, non-influential to any format's metagame if the clause was allowed, or both.

"If it ain't broke don't fix it."