[Manhattan, New York 10/16/2010] Big Apple Bey Brawl - Central Park South

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

Events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Big Apple Bey Brawl
Date: Saturday October 16, 2010
Venue: Central Park South in Heckscher Playground
Expected Turnout: About 15
Format: Stantard Format, Round Robin System
Additional information: All generations of Beyblades will be aloud, even the Libra wheel but only for free play. Around 1:30 the tournament will start and only MFB will be aloud, excluding the Libra wheel. The tournament will last as long as it has to until there is a first, second and third winner. To get to Central Park south, you can take the R, N or Q train and get off at Fifth avenue and 59th street. If you want, you can bring mats and blankets to sit on.

Prizes will be kept a surprise until the day of the tournament. I will try to provide at least two Takara Tomy stadium, but I don't have any attack stadiums. If you can, please bring a stadium of your own or ask a friend if you can borrow it for that day.

Times:
  • Meet up at 5th ave and E. 59th ST at 1:30pm
  • Head to Heckscher Playground at set thing set up along with practice and free play between 2pm - 3pm
  • Official tournament starts at 3:15pm

Directions

To get to Central Park south, you can take the R, N or Q train and get off at Fifth avenue and 59th street
Also, you can take the ABCD1 trains to 59th st. Columbus Circle
Thanks Cye

[Image: fef1xh.jpg]
[Image: 2vjy90g.jpg]

Like all official WBO tournaments, there will be a $5 entrance fee if you don't have a bladers passport. You can buy one at the tournament for $10 and you will get into official WBO tournaments for free for a year.

Since we're going to be in a playground in Central Park, you are responsible of keeping watch over your beyblades and personal belongings. We are not responsible if anything is lost or stolen. We'd also recommend that if you do intend to take part in the tournament, then bring your own beys. This may sound like an obvious suggestion, but in the past people have come without, expecting to borrow other blader's blades.

Attendees:
CyberDranzer (confirmed)
Jyankeefan13 (confirmed)
TheSilverBlader (confirmed)
kngoftherng (bringing friends) (confirmed) (Has bladers passport)
Cye Kinomiya (confirmed)
X-Raded
rascoXtaco (confirmed)
Garadarkmaster
vasinity0050
snowglobe79 (confirmed)
beybeyboy15 (confirmed)
pedrepaco (confirmed)
pokemon 121 (confirmed)
kanyon789 (confirmed)
DarkWerewolf (confirmed)
cman543
bey bully (confirmed)
evoion44 (confirmed)
gianc6 (confirmed)
zackorang1 (confirmed)
MS Dragoon (confirmed) (Has bladers passport)
X9d9123 (confirmed) (Has bladers passport)
RockAriesStef (confirmed)
cole (confirmed)
bladerMM (confirmed)
MS Dragoon (confirmed)
Shippudenface (confirmed)
Ozzy (confirmed)
Bluezee (confirmed)
major-rampage54 (confirmed)
Kevin20888 (confirmed)
DarkGasher55555 (confirmed)
Bey610 (confirmed)
rex (confirmed)
yoshiman44 (confirmed)
dragoon51 (dragoon 51)
Ikki (confirmed)
Pkstrength71 (confirmed)
Th3C0d3br8k3r (confirmed)
xStorm Bladerx (confirmed)
Pisces bey (confirmed)
ayrip (confirmed)
STORMPEGASUS#10 (confirmed)
StormPikachu (confirmed)
crayzeperson (confirmed)
pegasus101 (confirmed)
Soaring Eagle (confirmed)
yunglync139 (confirmed)
chops12311 (confirmed)
flameplum1 (confirmed)
yungtiger139 (confirmed)
kenny140 (confirmed)
ricky140 (confirmed)
dannyboi04 (confirmed)
BeyStrategist (confirmed)
dranzerallday1 (confirmed)
Flame Storm (confirmed)
invader mrk (confirmed)

Maybe Attending:
PRXxJokerxX
camaroz28iroc
lightninglibrax
Ginga107
Ray unicorno q
Shingo
Beyblast98
Zackyblack12
darkbladea
Vanthorsan
Marco2396
ninjablader
eartheagle0923
GureiruSan
epicLibra
johnthewolf
CononKudo

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

aw man this is cool. I liv in NY but its like 3 hours to NYC. I rlly wanna go. I will try, but I'm not confirming yet Wink
It just seems so weird that they only consider this now after I proposed an official WBO event on here.
(Oct. 01, 2010  3:22 AM)MorningMess Wrote: It just seems so weird that they only consider this now after I proposed an official WBO event on here.
"They" is who ? Hasbro probably has an affiliation with Toys 'R' Us anyway, so it is possible that they simply cannot acccept anything else related to Beyblade. It is quite a coincidence for it to happen on the same day though ... Unless they knew about it and that this was the reason they refused.
morning mess either my coputer is acting up or you made mistake cuz my computer says meet up at East 59 st n 5th ave at 1:30 am that is impossble cuz that is way too early and i ilve in queens
Lol my bad, it was a typo. I changed it already.
I want go bad but I can't cause I live in Nevada.CryingUnhappy
ughh that post shouldn't be here...maybe there are other tournaments in your area, or at least some people that are interested. but this does not belong here.
(Oct. 02, 2010  3:47 AM)dragoon120 Wrote: I want go bad but I can't cause I live in Nevada.CryingUnhappy
that shouldnt be here because it's not relevant to the topic at hand btw
Lol you posted the same thing twice.
yes u know, my comp is on the fritz =3
and my stadium came 2day so i will be able to bring it with me. its a super attack stadium, so i'm not sure how we'll be using it. also im ordering a regular attack stadium tonight! i'm giddy with excitement!
The super attack stadium will be able to be used for free play. That's two super attack stadiums we have for free play so far. Nice! ^^
Super Attack Type Beystadium is legal, by the way. You can use it for the tournament.
(Oct. 02, 2010  5:12 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Super Attack Type Beystadium is legal, by the way. You can use it for the tournament.
Really? Didn't know that. I don't think that stadium is as fair as the others though. I hope MorningMess doesn't use it as a tournament stadium.

(Oct. 02, 2010  5:24 AM)beybladerboy Wrote: im hosting a tourny in nananimo who ever live there can come
Don't post that here. Post something about it in the General section of organized play. This thread is specifically for this event only.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/?ref=home
(Oct. 02, 2010  6:21 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/?ref=home

What is the point of that?
We'll see how many stadiums we have on the day and we'll decide which ones we can use.

(Oct. 02, 2010  4:00 PM)evoion44 Wrote: I'm bringin friends :3

So you and your friends are coming right? If you and your friends are going to be in the tournament, your friends need to sign up on here and post in this thread so I can mark them down on the attendance list.

--

I need to ask you guys a favor. Since there are so many people coming, I need about two or three more judges. You need to know what you're going to be doing and you need to know what counts as in and what counts as a lost round. If you want to be a judge, please read ALL of the Standard Rules. You must read through all of the 10 pages. Please, I need serious people to be judges since I only have 6, including me, and there are more than 20 people going. Please PM me if you want to be a judge.
I really don't think we need more than 6. Even 6 seems excessive. All of the matches aren't going to be run simultaneously. We can run a few at a time while other people play in free play, socialize, etc.
Well it's better to have a little more than to have less.
well do we know how many stadiums we have? that way we may be able to decide exactly how many judges we need, and it will help us make it run smoother
We'll see on the day of the tournament since we don't know the confirmed set amount of people going.
oh ok true dat
Having half of our attendees confirmed as judges is overkill in my opinion. I think a single digit is fine for anything under 50 people. I haven't seen any other tournament threads that had so many judges listed.
Take it from someone who has ran numerous tournaments; six is more than enough. I don't think we even had more than six or seven judges at Beys of Glory, where we had a whopping 58 participants.
At least Kei agrees with me. haha I just don't think that around half of our participants should be judges.