Flash discussion.

MF-H Flash Pegasus II SW145RSF (All Attack Mode) Vs. MF Death Cancer 90RS (Defence mode)
FP:12 wins (12 KO)
DC:8 wins (2 KO 6 OS)
P.S. first time testing and posting test results
Why did you use SW145...?
I think a better question is why did he use RSF instead of RF/R2F.
Looking back on the CW discussion a few pages back, I took a look at Orion, and it lines up almost perfectly with Flash. Will get pictures later, my camera doesn't like macro right now...
Ill test again later what part should i replace for sw145
You should use MF-H Flash Escolpio / Orion / Pisces GB145/AD145/S130/D125 RF/R2F/MF
EDIT : Added some stuff after I saw what th!nk said .
(May. 05, 2012  7:36 AM)Life Wrote: You should use MF-H Flash Escolpio / Orion / Pisces GB145/AD145 RF/R2F

There are a lot of more useful tracks haha. Personally I actually strongly dislike GB145 on it lol. S130 and D125 are my favourites, they let you make good contact with all different heights, without the recoil of something like H145. Uwik likes AD145 a lot but I find it doesn't work well against low track opponents personally.

I'd actually like to see more Metal Flat tests against a whole range of things by the way guys, I mean, we know how beastly this is on RF, and Metal Flat is obviously great too but I'd like to see some more testing - I kinda want to encourage testing of less "conventional" stuff, haha, and Metal Flat on Flash is one of the less formulaic combinations we've seen in a while (Other than Duo 230MB, haha), and I think it may be a good stepping stone to get back that attitude we used to have of testing random weird things that has, over time, contributed a huge amount to the game we have today, something which has really been lacking lately! Grin
I personally like to use AD145 on Flash combos too . Didn't know that you could use MF on it though :o
AD145 is perfectly fine as long as your metagame is largely devoid of low track defense (and depending on your launch/luck, sometimes even low track stamina) combos, which is not at all an uncommon thing, most are pretty much Ch120 and up, 145 and up for defense and stamina (as the huge number of tall track combos has made Low Track Stamina rather unsafe too). But being me, I like combos to cover all the bases: It's enough of a risk to use attack types in the first place, let alone an attack type that won't KO things at all heights!

And yeah, Metal Flat is surprisingly good with Flash. Flash doesn't have huge amounts of recoil compared to other recent attack wheels, and metal flat has a habit of clinging to the tornado ridge, so it handles what recoil Flash does have quite well. Of course, flash still isn't going to outspin many things, but it gives it the ability to score later-game KOs. I'd be interested in testing against RB, Low Recoil Wheels on BD145RF, and BD145RS. I haven't had much time to try it myself and would be interested in seeing if it is able to outspin them (and survive something like MF-H Duo Aquario BD145RF).
Here mah test
MF-H Flash Orion D125RF Vs MF Death Cancer AD145WD
FO: wins ( KO 13OS)
DC: wins ( 4KO 2OS)
1tie
Zero g compact launche used
Not surprising, to be honest. An attack combo KOing a stamina combo is nothing special.

If you have Duo, BD145, and a good defense tip (CS, RB, etc.), then that would be useful. Also, as th!nk said, we need more testing for Flash on MF, so if you could do that then it'd be appreciated (ie: MF-H Flash Orion D125MF vs MF Duo Cancer BD145CS/RB). Smile

If you can't, that's perfectly fine, though.
Sorry dont have mf duo and rb
(May. 05, 2012  12:51 PM)NaLi Wrote: Here mah test
1tie
Honestly? That result is quite bad. You should be getting 100% with Flash against Death. Also do you have CS? Or any defense bottom? If so, test against MF-H Death ____ BD145 __ (CS, RDF etc).
Equipment used
-bb-10 attack type stadium
-beylauncher
-grip
-RS used
-R2F near mint
MF Flash Orion(attack) S130 R2F VS MF(heavy) Diablo Kerbecs BD145 RS
Flash 5 KO
Diablo 4 KO 1 OS

Benchmark Test
Equipment used
-bb-10 attack type stadium
-beylauncher
-grip
R2F near mint
RDF used

MF Flash Orion (attack)S130R2F vs MF (H)Duo Cygnus(stamina)BD145RDF
Flash 8 KO
Duo 2 OS
(May. 05, 2012  8:14 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote:
(May. 05, 2012  12:51 PM)NaLi Wrote: Here mah test
1tie
Honestly? That result is quite bad. You should be getting 100% with Flash against Death. Also do you have CS? Or any defense bottom? If so, test against MF-H Death ____ BD145 __ (CS, RDF etc).
s
orry no bd145
wow, ive just been through a bunch of these combos you guys have said but the worst one i have tried was flash with H145. it was completly un balanced, and my H145 broke -.-
H145 isn't downright horrible on Flash. It still works, but because of it's width, it can unbalance it. S130 is the best for Flash with RF or R2F. GB145 is more unbalancing on Flash. In my opinion, GB145 is only good on Beat Lynx, and even there it slightly unbalances it. Overall, H145 is unbalancing, but not as badly as GB145...
(May. 18, 2012  1:04 PM)Dark Hole Wrote: wow, ive just been through a bunch of these combos you guys have said but the worst one i have tried was flash with H145. it was completly un balanced, and my H145 broke -.-

I'm not a huge fan of it either, but it's top tier based on a large amount of testing.

But yeah, H145, even the second mould, seems to have breakage issues with this and a few other recent attack setups. Probably due to the overall weight increase or something Uncertain

I don't really know about imbalancing it though. I mean, the weight distributions are basically opposite which isn't that good (but as I said, testing) but if anything that might make flash slightly less off balance than usual (or at least, more circular/normal in its weight dsitribution).

For what it's worth, I dislike all 145 tracks on flash except AD145 in some situations. S130 (as I've said quite a lot of times) is my favourite, though D125 should do very much the same.
hey h145 works pretty well on diablo with an R2F and it does, even now, pretty decent work against a lot of top tier defense type beys. so don't go dissing the h145 spin track, it is a pretty good overall on attack beys.
I have a question namely for th!nk, but I'll ask it after posting these results so I am contributing to the thread. The results aren't anything special or new, they were just a benchmark from another thread I made; still, test results are test results.

MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS vs MF-H Flash Scorpio GB145RF
Duo: 10, 8 OS, 2 KO
Flash: 20, 20 KO
Flash Win Percentage: 66.6%

So, my question: Th!nk, why don't you like GB145 on Flash? It seems perfect weight-distribution-wise, and in all my testing it really seems to add quite a bit of punch to Flash. It's currently my favorite track on Flash, especially with MF, since it adds weight and some stability for occasional OSs (with MF) against pure defense types.
Yeah, in theory it should be perfect (it was the first thing I tried when I got flash), and I'm not sure why for me at least (though I'm not the only person who finds this), it isn't, but I think it exaggerates flashes already "erratic" or at least oval movement patterns and makes it that much more awkward to control effectively.

Generally though, I just found I couldn't KO stuff as effectively with it.

Oh, also I don't like the 145 height for attack, because of the risk Low Track opponents present (not that MF-H Scythe Kronos 90RS won't reliably beat S130, but it's a very uncommon bey in most metagames, and the main users of Low Tracks nowadays are stamina types, so as long as you get metal-on-metal contact you're basically home).

By the way, if you're worried about asking me something that might not be on-topic, just shoot me a PM Smile
This just proves that it really is personal preference. My favourite track on Flash is in fact, H145. I find if i come up against 230, which is used a lot in UK's meta, 145 is a good height to KO it. If it comes up against mid-height combo's, then there's good metal on metal connection. Finally against low track combos i find H145 does do quite good against them, for e.g when i versed LeeDraciel at Bey-Ginning of May, he used Phantom ____ 85/90 DS and i won 3-0 using Flash Sagittario H145 RF.
Yeah, h145 is an exception to my 145 thing because it has decent contact points, but I still find its recoil is an unnecessary lability when s130 hits tall tracks just as hard as well as doing well against lower tracks (and great against 145's). But yeah, personal preference really, testing has gone both ways.

My fav combo with flash is
Flash Herbecs T125 LRF (attack mode)
Ive tried it against Vari Ares CH120 RF, Phantom Nemasus 90 WD, Fusion Orion TH170 EWD and Beat Bull GB145 RF and it won against them all, but i used my custom home made wooden BB-10 because my normal BB-10 is cracked

Results
VariAres : KOs- 13 OSs- 0
Flash : KOs- 17 OSs- 0

Phantom : KOs- 2 OSs- 12 (attack)
Flash : KOs- 16 OSs- 0

Fusion: KOs- 3 OSs- 12 (Defence)
Flash: KOs- 15 OSs- 0

Beat: KOs- 13 OSs- 0 (Attack)
Flash: KOs- 16 OSs- 1
You can't test in home-made stadiums, sorry, even if they are identically shaped to a BB-10.