Duo Uranus Discussion

May you please try out Duo Aquario TH170DS against any decent attacker?
My love for DS makes me request this, especially because you say you have lots of time (considering this might turn out to be a complete waste of time altogether)
DS does not work so well against attack. There may not be a big difference between this and wd because iii find both equally easy to ko.
As for mld, i suggested it because i think, gravity was also spin stealing and in that fiels meteo will be a bit better.
(Dec. 21, 2011  3:03 PM)Spin-Sonic Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2011  11:07 AM)H8R Wrote: MF-H Duo Cancer(S MODE) TH170RDF VS MF VariAres(Left) R145LRF:
VA:4(all KO's)
DU:16(3 KO's, 13 OS's)
Why are you launching VariAres in left spin against duo? That is so bad especially if you are not KOing beyblades like the one Vari is facing with at least 80% win rates in right spin.

The opponent is on RDF. RDF generally has issues with opposite spin. Plus, that's how I requested it to be done.

MF-H Duo Aquario TH170DS VS MF VariAres(Right Spin) R145RF:
VA:11(all KO's)
DA:9(2 KO's, 7 OS's)

Duo has almost no recoil whatsoever Tired
Well, at least decent enough. Not a huge margin between the win rates.
Thanks a lot H8R. Smile
Sam- Yes, I know. Smile But, owing to the track being used, the best option is D. Now, I feel DS might be better in performance. As the tests show, it didn't suck at least. Tongue_out
Also, your reason for suggesting MLD is quite appropriate, but considering Spin Steal itself is an unreliable category, more of spin stealing might not do well. I mean, Gravity spin steals, but is not completely inclined towards spin stealing. It can exist without it too. Smile As for MLD, it will completely depend on spin steal no matter what. Considering the fact that 'spin steal' is actually 'equalizing', the result would be indefinite, and inconsistent. Smile
Picture this- Gravity spin steals, but upon contact with its MW, it sometimes pushes back the opposing bey. It doesn't 'stick' to the opponent and continue spin stealing forever. Smile
H8R, have you done tests with Variares against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS? If not, could you do some, just so we have something to compare to? Smile
its all in the variares discussion Grin
Did you do tests against Basalt BD145CS? I can't find them, sorry, so could you post a link?
That specific combo seems to be a useful indicator for what we should expect from each person when they use Variares, ahah.
Oops, it was in the post above the one I saw, just totally missed it, ahah. My bad. Tongue_out
You got pretty solid results here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Vari-Are...#pid800549 albeit not the level Dan and others are getting, it definitely says a lot for Duo's abilities.
You also used CH145 for some reason.. Anyone willing to make a video? Or just explain what is happening in the battle, you know what I mean? Get a better feel for what's going on.
I'll get a vid up soon but can explain what's happening.
when the metal wheel of Blitz/ VariAres makes contact with Duo it just... stops
Seriously it doesn't budge not that its heavy but its like Duo hits VA and Blitz at their pressure points then the RF's movement gets disrupted and the bang and boom that usually happens when VA and Blitz make contact ends.Can't be more specific than that.
Another Request:
MF-H Duo Aquario TH170D VS MF-H Basalt Horogium 145EWD
Duo has very little recoil so on TH170D it may be able to stay inside the stadium against a weird (but good) combo
Basalt's grinding ability may help it win since it is not exactly great on EWD
(Dec. 23, 2011  11:29 AM)H8R Wrote: I'll get a vid up soon but can explain what's happening.
when the metal wheel of Blitz/ VariAres makes contact with Duo it just... stops
Seriously it doesn't budge not that its heavy but its like Duo hits VA and Blitz at their pressure points then the RF's movement gets disrupted and the bang and boom that usually happens when VA and Blitz make contact ends.Can't be more specific than that.

Hm, that's quite dreary for an attacker... Unhappy
Still, I like this thing!
Does Duo crush VariAres/Blitz underneath it? Or, just a simple contact is enough?! Chocked_2
If the latter is true, then instead of the L Drago series, this thing should be credited for draining out an opponent's power(Not stealing spin, just draining all power out...).
Yeah, duo may as well be a cushion.

Even if it does get hit hard, it's extremely rare enough it will move far enough to leave the stadium, and then, on top of that, it has a 50% or so chance of getting a wall save anyway.

Of course, that's only more defensive setups, all of which are easily outspun.
Bleik my HF/S is broken sorry Unhappy
jan nope nuthin like that. just a normal hit...
@Th!nk yep XD
Jan, from what I hear it just has such little recoil and smooth surface that attackers just don't have anything to make great contact and KO with so it would basically have little effect.
H8R: I have changed my request. Horogium cannot be substituted
Alright, Here is some testing I did with Duo :

MF-M Blitz Unicorno S130R2F V/S MF-H Duo Uranus BD145CS

•Standard Procedure.
•Sliding Shoot for Blitz.
•Semi Aggressive CS
•Duo Always launched first.
•20 rounds.

MF-M Blitz Unicorno S130R2F- 11/20 (All KO's)
MF-H Duo Uranus BD145CS - 9/20 (2 KO's, 7 OS)

Duo's Win rate : 45 %

Does anyone have any requests ? Feel free to tell me. I'll do them.

Hm, those are decent tests. Good results!
Dan will be happy! Joyful_2
Dan- Oh yes, it has extremely low recoil, even I've heard of that. Smile
But, H8R said that attackers lose their energy upon contact, which make it sound extremely spooky.
I mean, it is natural for any bey to lose energy upon contact, but it stops moving around all of a sudden!? This shows some drastic energy loss, which to me, is weird. Smile
Yes, Duo has low recoil and a smooth surface, and upon contact, it should just bear hits, and let the attackers sleep out as usual. But, just how could it make attackers lose SO much of energy, that they stop moving? Confused
(Dec. 24, 2011  10:34 AM)Relic Wrote: Relic'S test results.
THAT CS is sure troublesome.Use a calm one.Maybe the results will be better.
Serious
jan I never said they stop moving I said their movement gets disrupted.
I'll be updated to the thread and answer as much as I cant but can't test as I am on Vacation and don't have my beybades with me ....
(Dec. 23, 2011  11:29 AM)H8R Wrote: when the metal wheel of Blitz/ VariAres makes contact with Duo it just... stops

Well, I should have read better. Smile The part of your post shown ^ is what confused me.
I read the latter part of your post, but I thought that its movement was disrupted enough to stop it from moving...
(Dec. 24, 2011  1:44 PM)Whatzzer Wrote:
(Dec. 24, 2011  10:34 AM)Relic Wrote: Relic'S test results.
THAT CS is sure troublesome.Use a calm one.Maybe the results will be better.
Serious

Semi-Aggro CS do better against Attackers than Calm ones, especially with an appropriate launch.

State what kind of launch you used with your CS, Relic.
Yeah, those results are a bit lower than I would expect for Duo (though blitz does do better on CH120-ish heights against Duo than it does on 85/90/100, it's not that severe).

Honestly, what I find more useful than the classifications and launch is a description of the movement pattern the bey took, as a certain CS will move differently on basalt than it will on a duo, etc etc.

What I might ask you to try, is MF-H Duo Aquario BD145MB. Just to eliminate CS differences, to see if it at all helps, seeing as it works on Wing.