Beyblade X Manga and Anime Discussion

(Apr. 23, 2024  10:54 PM)beyspark Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2024  10:50 PM)Dark red Wrote: Ngl, Season 1 Burst was WAY better than X. We had a fun character with REALISTIC progress, good animation, and zero filter/foolishness.

Nah, Valt's plot armour is NOT "realistic" progress
Whatever keep being in denial Valt actually had realistic progress and there's no plot armor (at least barely) I mean he took a full two seasons to become World Champ but sure keep on liking X where every episode is just F-ing filler and nothing has happened and Bird can't get one damm win
(Apr. 23, 2024  10:54 PM)beyspark Wrote:
(Apr. 23, 2024  10:50 PM)Dark red Wrote: Ngl, Season 1 Burst was WAY better than X. We had a fun character with REALISTIC progress, good animation, and zero filter/foolishness.

Nah, Valt's plot armour is NOT "realistic" progress

You mean the plot armor that had him burst in the Season Finale against a bey with two seconds of spin left because of a stadium crack two micrometers deep?

(Apr. 23, 2024  11:18 AM)BondsofTime Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2024  1:26 PM)Bey100 Wrote: Yeah while I do like the X beys the anime currently is weak and I feel like the community doesn't have as much energy or excitement anymore but at the same time burst eventually had to go

I agree; while I don't really wish we were still in burst at the moment(Burst had really overstayed it's welcome by DB/QS), I can agree that the community felt more alive and engaged during burst. 

I remember after each new episode we would give episode analysis, ratings, have debates, and such but all of that seems gone with X because most of us feel that the anime just doesn't spark the same flame. 

Not hating on X at all or trying to ruin the enjoyment some fans get from it since I do like the beys as well and the manga is better than the anime imo but X as a whole just doesn't scratch the itch I had for a new Beyblade series that I had hoped it would.
My thoughts exactly.
I don't think we're realizing X's anime isn't good because it was rushed and it's filler adds nothing to the story, among just being a worse adaptation of the manga.
(Apr. 24, 2024  12:42 PM)RalfBalf Wrote: I don't think we're realizing X's anime isn't good because it was rushed and it's filler adds nothing to the story, among just being a worse adaptation of the manga.

Womp womp
I think one of the most important elements for the production committee along with the casual fans isn't even having a good story, or even good characters, it just needs to be compelling. Even at it's most boring Burst was able to generate tons of discussion week after week without fail. That week's episode could literally be the most cookie cutter promotional battle, showcasing a new bey that's not even interesting, and people would still vehemently watch and discuss it. However, the only reason Burst had this pull in the first place was because of it's very good foundation set up at the beginning. X is also doing the same thing, rather than having a super linear plot line it's basically just establishing characters and their relationships to each other. The only problem with this is that in the midst of this foundation, there still has to be some interesting active developments for people to latch on to. For example, Valt's progression from a new Blader to Supreme 4 level was a super fun to follow because of the realistic and grounded elements of it. Even at the end of the season, he wasn't done, he still had room to grow. I would also use Shu, since his goal another focal point to latch onto, but his major developments only happened at the very end of the season, and we're only halfway through X. Though just for reference, developing Shu's revenge arc against Lui during the series, and then having it come to a head by the end (also ending off with plenty of immediate room to develop off of next season, just like Valt) was very engaging as well.
Xtreme Scanlation's English translation of chapter 11 is out.
Who do y'all think Kamen Y is?? People are saying it's Birds Former Teammate
Interestingly, there is no anime render for Tyranno Beat's owner, Rex, on the box of RB3 while RB1 & 2 both have Meiden and Kadovar on them.
(Pictures from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbUgOtWJQKI and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufJX4NAlFb0&t=132s)

[Image: NCu70in.png]
(Apr. 27, 2024  2:16 AM)NoNotYou Wrote: Interestingly, there is no anime render for Tyranno Beat's owner, Rex, on the box of RB3 while RB1 & 2 both have Meiden and Kadovar on them.
(Pictures from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbUgOtWJQKI and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufJX4NAlFb0&t=132s)

Either a print error/it was an intentional decision or Rex won’t be in the anime for some reason.
Honestly I enjoy the manga more then the anime atp lol
(Apr. 27, 2024  4:10 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: Honestly I enjoy the manga more then the anime atp lol
Anime is better than manga, and is fact
(Apr. 27, 2024  8:09 PM)beyspark Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2024  4:10 PM)GodzillaFan101 Wrote: Honestly I enjoy the manga more then the anime atp lol

I personally think the anime takes the best and worst parts of the manga and delves deeper into them. The manga on the other hand isn't held back by a predetermined structure so there's more room to be surprised.
(Apr. 27, 2024  3:49 AM)RalfBalf Wrote:
(Apr. 27, 2024  2:16 AM)NoNotYou Wrote: Interestingly, there is no anime render for Tyranno Beat's owner, Rex, on the box of RB3 while RB1 & 2 both have Meiden and Kadovar on them.

Either a print error/it was an intentional decision or Rex won’t be in the anime for some reason.

My Guess is that there wasn't any space for his render in the box, as this is the first RB to feature 3 new parts instead of the normal 2

This is a subjective topic. But in terms of X, one doesn’t have an identity crisis and was made with money in mind.

nah its an opinion lol