Beyblade X Episode #13 (January 5, 2024)

13) Fan Number One
ファン第一号
Fan Daiichigō
Air Date: January 5th, 2024
Here is the trailer for the 13th episode of Beyblade X plus seeing Dran Sword taking on a Viper Tail:

Hey guys, is this episode really planned for 2024 January 5th, or for 2023 December 29th ?
(Dec. 28, 2023  11:39 AM)GabitzuDragon Wrote: Hey guys, is this episode really planned for 2024 January 5th, or for 2023 December 29th ?

January 5th
That means 2023's last week won't have a new Beyblade episode.
I’m starting to think I should skip every bird related episode. Or just assume bird will lose in every episode that involves him. This anime is too predictable now.
(Jan. 05, 2024  6:51 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote: I’m starting to think I should skip every bird related episode. Or just assume bird will lose in every episode that involves him. This anime is too predictable now.

Do you really believe that Bird, who started playing Beyblade a few months ago, can beat the pros?
(Jan. 05, 2024  7:09 PM)beyspark Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2024  6:51 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote: I’m starting to think I should skip every bird related episode. Or just assume bird will lose in every episode that involves him. This anime is too predictable now.

Do you really believe that Bird, who started playing Beyblade a few months ago, can beat the pros?

Don't you think that the main character of the series would actually win a single battle, like in every story to ever exist?

(Jan. 05, 2024  10:33 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2024  7:09 PM)beyspark Wrote: Do you really believe that Bird, who started playing Beyblade a few months ago, can beat the pros?

Don't you think that the main character of the series would actually win a single battle, like in every story to ever exist?

Honestly. It feels like lazy writing at this point. Every filler episode follows this exact pattern
1. Bird Loses 
2. Kamen X wins
3. Something random happens

I wish they hadn't rushed it so much. Especially since the manga doesn't seem nearly as bad. The Bird losing actually kind of works as a running joke in manga as there aren't nearly as many battles that he had participated in. It makes sense for him to lose in first few chapters.

But it's way too repetitive for 13 episodes of anime. Especially when we have nothing else going on that would make the episode memorable. Valt was also shown as a newbie. He did achieve the effect without losing every battle for 13 episodes straight
New minor characters : Hina, Punk, Enji, Grat.
Episode Description:
In the world of Persona, Bird was the only unpopular one, but during an errand, a girl who claimed to be his fan appeared. While excitedly providing fan service, Bird gets entangled with Bladers who approach him with malicious intent. Ridiculed not only personally but also along with other Persona members and sponsors. Bird, in order to defend the honour of his teammates, is challenged to a no-rules street battle where anything goes. Faced with opponents using dirty tactics, how will Bird confront them?

I’m not referring to pros. I’m referring to street battles. And even he can’t win that.

(Jan. 05, 2024  11:38 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2024  7:09 PM)beyspark Wrote: Do you really believe that Bird, who started playing Beyblade a few months ago, can beat the pros?

(Jan. 05, 2024  10:33 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: Don't you think that the main character of the series would actually win a single battle, like in every story to ever exist?

Honestly. It feels like lazy writing at this point. Every filler episode follows this exact pattern
1. Bird Loses 
2. Kamen X wins

I wish they hadn't rushed it so much. Especially since the manga doesn't seem nearly as bad. The Bird losing actually kind of works as a running joke in manga as there aren't nearly as many battles that he had participated in. It makes sense for him to lose in first few chapters.

But it's way too repetitive for 13 episodes of anime. Especially when we have nothing else going on that would make the episode memorable. Valt was also shown as a newbie. He did achieve the effect without losing every battle for 13 episodes straight
 Exactly. I would understand a few loses, but now they are dragging bird’s losing streak so much, that this episode has lost its potential. A fan girl admiring bird, and then bird eventually losing the street battle anyways, at this point I don’t even know what’s left for birds character. Unless if bird gets dark resonance, but that’s unlikely to happen now since it seems like Kamen X is getting that benefit already. Unless that’s how he always battles. You don’t need to have a huge losing streak to get better, and it shouldn’t have to be that way either. At least give him 1 win and then continue dragging his losing streak to the mud, but come on now.

(Jan. 06, 2024  1:07 PM)Beyburst321 Wrote: Episode Description:
In the world of Persona, Bird was the only unpopular one, but during an errand, a girl who claimed to be his fan appeared. While excitedly providing fan service, Bird gets entangled with Bladers who approach him with malicious intent. Ridiculed not only personally but also along with other Persona members and sponsors. Bird, in order to defend the honour of his teammates, is challenged to a no-rules street battle where anything goes. Faced with opponents using dirty tactics, how will Bird confront them?

Bird won’t confront them. He loses and kamen X takes over as usual. That’s all folks. How are you going to make an episode entirely about Bird and have Kamen X show up at the last minute to take the spotlight? Isn’t bird suppose to be team leader. lol this anime makes no sense anymore.

(Jan. 05, 2024  10:33 PM)Orichalcum Wrote:

Apparently not bird. 

Writers: “Bird winning? Oh no, we can’t possibly have that. That wouldn’t be good for the anime. We must keep giving bird the L’s. We must keep making preview episodes of bird battling someone and training hard with introducing his avatar in the middle of the battle just to make him lose when the episode gets released every Friday. We can’t imagine bird winning. That wouldn’t be fair to multi or Kamen X”.
(Jan. 08, 2024  6:04 PM)Phengpegasus Wrote:

I’m not referring to pros. I’m referring to street battles. And even he can’t win that.

(Jan. 05, 2024  11:38 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Honestly. It feels like lazy writing at this point. Every filler episode follows this exact pattern
1. Bird Loses 
2. Kamen X wins

Exactly. I would understand a few loses, but now they are dragging bird’s losing streak so much, that this episode has lost its potential. A fan girl admiring bird, and then bird eventually losing the street battle anyways, at this point I don’t even know what’s left for birds character. Unless if bird gets dark resonance, but that’s unlikely to happen now since it seems like Kamen X is getting that benefit already. Unless that’s how he always battles. You don’t need to have a huge losing streak to get better, and it shouldn’t have to be that way either. At least give him 1 win and then continue dragging his losing streak to the mud, but come on now.

(Jan. 06, 2024  1:07 PM)Beyburst321 Wrote: Episode Description:

Bird won’t confront them. He loses and kamen X takes over as usual. That’s all folks. How are you going to make an episode entirely about Bird and have Kamen X show up at the last minute to take the spotlight? Isn’t bird suppose to be team leader. lol this anime makes no sense anymore.

(Jan. 05, 2024  10:33 PM)Orichalcum Wrote: Don't you think that the main character of the series would actually win a single battle, like in every story to ever exist?

Apparently not bird. 

Writers: “Bird winning? Oh no, we can’t possibly have that. That wouldn’t be good for the anime. We must keep giving bird the L’s. We must keep making preview episodes of bird battling someone and training hard with introducing his avatar in the middle of the battle just to make him lose when the episode gets released every Friday. We can’t imagine bird winning. That wouldn’t be fair to multi or Kamen X”.

They took Bell's and Quadra's win rate and ran with it.
You see, the X Writers actually had a good thing going for a bit. Bird losing in the beginning shows that he is a beginner and has a lot to learn. However, the problem with the way they set up the series is the made all the character Multi levels at the least. Bird isn’t really near Multi’s Level. This just makes Bird lose basically every battle. The street battle and the Final Battle Episodes also didn’t do Bird any justice making him lose. It would’ve been way better development to make him win these battles and actually DO something about being bad. In the anime he goes on training arcs but not in the manga and wonders why he’s losing. And when he goes on training arcs in the manga they don’t do anything rendering the training episodes essentially useless. Kavador’s Test did this alright though since he accomplished the goal he overall needed to just survive 30 Seconds.

The set up just isn’t very good making a repeatable pattern of Bird consistently just losing. He needs actual development and to actually battle and learn from people around his level. It’s kinda disappointing we are 13 Episodes in and frankly Bird hasn’t gotten any development whatsoever
I hope there will be a battle between Bird and Hina in a later episode.