Beyblade X Episode #1 (October 6, 2023)

Pretty solid episode
(Oct. 06, 2023  5:48 PM)Xcess-Z Wrote: Pretty solid episode

The characters look awful and off model. What are you talking about?
(Oct. 06, 2023  6:40 PM)45° Wrote:

All I said about the visuals is that I liked the outlines. That doesn't have anything to do with what you said bro. If you really want my input, the characters were on model most of the time. They looked different because the anime's style is different, but that's to be expected. The visuals actually seem to prioritize consistency more than the motion itself.

Also, based on the trailer, the content covered in episode 2 looks more impressive, specifically the Multi cuts. I would assume that's because at the start the production was focused more on the Opening and Ending, some of the main sources of advertisement. Then after they finished these focus was fully shifted onto the episodes.
(Oct. 06, 2023  6:42 PM)Xcess-Z Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2023  6:40 PM)45° Wrote: The characters look awful and off model. What are you talking about?

All I said about the visuals is that I liked the outlines. That doesn't have anything to do with what you said bro. If you really want my input, the characters were on model most of the time. They looked different because the anime's style is different, but that's to be expected. The visuals actually seem to prioritize consistency more than the motion itself.

Also, based on the trailer, the content covered in episode 2 looks more impressive, specifically the Multi cuts. I would assume that's because at the start the production was focused more on the Opening and Ending, some of the main sources of advertisement. Then after they finished these focus was fully shifted onto the episodes.
Wth? Did you see Chrome's animation? He looks like a different dude every frame 😭 it's so wack.
(Oct. 06, 2023  6:40 PM)45° Wrote:

Calm down guy....🤦
I had fun with the episode, it is just beat for beat chapter 1 but hey chapter 1 was good so what's to complain about there.

No, I do not mind the animation.
(Oct. 06, 2023  4:19 PM)45° Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2023  2:50 PM)Bey100 Wrote: Overall I thought the first episode of X was fine and op and ed are fine. I know there’s a lot of people already being negative but I think we should just wait for more episodes before judging the anime entirely because it could end up being really good. When the first episode of burst came out a lot of people were negative but it grew on a lot of people as time went on so I have a feeling this will be the same idea.

Changing the studio would've solved a lot of the problems imo. It really just feels like I'm watching Burst 2.0 and I hate it for it.

I honestly agree, I think each generation should have new studio just so things can stay fresh because honestly I think from a art standpoint it's too similar to burst and I think if the visual language was more unique people would enjoy it more tbh
(Oct. 06, 2023  7:16 PM)45° Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2023  6:42 PM)Xcess-Z Wrote: All I said about the visuals is that I liked the outlines. That doesn't have anything to do with what you said bro. If you really want my input, the characters were on model most of the time. They looked different because the anime's style is different, but that's to be expected. The visuals actually seem to prioritize consistency more than the motion itself.

Wth? Did you see Chrome's animation? He looks like a different dude every frame 😭 it's so wack.

Chrome looked amazing. I mean the fact they managed to retain all of the hair strands he had in the manga is impressive. Props to the AD this episode for that. 

How about from now on you lower your expectations. Then you will be able to enjoy the great things. Whereas if your expectations are always high, you'll never enjoy anything about it and will always be picky.
Beyblade X Episode 1 Review

Not a bad start so far.
(Oct. 06, 2023  8:33 PM)Bey100 Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2023  4:19 PM)45° Wrote: Changing the studio would've solved a lot of the problems imo. It really just feels like I'm watching Burst 2.0 and I hate it for it.

I honestly agree, I think each generation should have new studio just so things can stay fresh because honestly I think from a art standpoint it's too similar to burst and I think if the visual language was more unique people would enjoy it more tbh

I think changing up the battles alone would make big changes in this regard. If I remember correctly Dran Sword's avatar didn't have any bank animation, so having the avatars show up and do unique things every time would go a long way.
(Oct. 06, 2023  7:16 PM)45° Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2023  6:42 PM)Xcess-Z Wrote: All I said about the visuals is that I liked the outlines. That doesn't have anything to do with what you said bro. If you really want my input, the characters were on model most of the time. They looked different because the anime's style is different, but that's to be expected. The visuals actually seem to prioritize consistency more than the motion itself.

Ok while I do think a different studio should've done X you are being way to harsh honestly
1st of all this is just the 1st episode so chill
2nd of all not every thing in the animation and art will be perfect and the animators are probably working their butts off so please take that into consideration
And last just chill I don't know why you were going into this first episode expecting it to be amazing as just cause it's a new series doesn't mean it will perfect at the start
It's whatever if you didn't like the episode but your honestly overreacting a little bit
(Oct. 06, 2023  9:12 PM)Bey100 Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2023  7:16 PM)45° Wrote: Wth? Did you see Chrome's animation? He looks like a different dude every frame 😭 it's so wack.
Ok while I do think a different studio should've done X you are being way to harsh honestly
1st of all this is just the 1st episode so chill
2nd of all not every thing in the animation and art will be perfect and the animators are probably working their butts off so please take that into consideration
And last just chill I don't know why you were going into this first episode expecting it to be amazing as just cause it's a new series doesn't mean it will perfect at the start
It's whatever if you didn't like the episode but your honestly overreacting a little bit

Not only that but this is a weekly anime. That means tight schedules, very demanding work for the animators, and a lot on their plate. Any good animation from them is a win.
I forgot to mention this but I like the effects of the auras going wild when the beys clashed in the opening. Whenever that happened in Burst they usually just did the same general thing over and over again, so I hope they keep in diverse.
Haven't seen the episode yet, but I feel like the ending fits the aesthetics of X very well actually.
(Oct. 07, 2023  11:22 AM)g2_ Wrote: How long is the episode?

24 minutes
(Oct. 07, 2023  11:29 AM)beyspark Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2023  11:22 AM)g2_ Wrote: How long is the episode?

24 minutes
Oh, so is it like Cho-Z or Quadstrike? 51 episodes of 24 minute episodes, or 26 episodes?
Thoughts:

(Oct. 07, 2023  12:58 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2023  11:29 AM)beyspark Wrote: 24 minutes
Oh, so is it like Cho-Z or Quadstrike? 51 episodes of 24 minute episodes, or 26 episodes?

I believe it's gonna be 51 x 24 minute episodes again, since we're in a completely new gen.
(Oct. 07, 2023  3:54 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2023  12:58 PM)g2_ Wrote: Oh, so is it like Cho-Z or Quadstrike? 51 episodes of 24 minute episodes, or 26 episodes?

I believe it's gonna be 51 x 24 minute episodes again, since we're in a completely new gen.

Yay, glad to hear that.
(Oct. 07, 2023  4:37 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 07, 2023  3:54 PM)Jinbee Wrote: I believe it's gonna be 51 x 24 minute episodes again, since we're in a completely new gen.

Yay, glad to hear that.

We can only be sure after the second episode drops. Cuz remember Db, Qs also had 24 minutes first episodes. I know it doesn't make for a new series to have 10 minute episodes but this is still a possibility.
(Oct. 06, 2023  5:14 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2023  5:08 PM)Dasmind Wrote: Bruh, the songs don’t fit in the anime.

Which I already mentioned about the ED beforehand in my previous post, but I don't really care because the songs are actually fun to listen to.
I suppose it can be much more rock, but the drawings are good.
And I saw the English sub upload already, and we can watch it on some anime website like animesuge.
It's already been confirmed that season 1 will be 51x 22 minute episodes. Well 24 minutes for the Japanese version anyway.
Watched the episode, pretty fun for the start. Sure some drawings are a bit out of proportions, but I can overlook it. I also understand simplified designs. It's just is faster and easier to draw.
Anyway, really like the OP and ED. It's such an unusual music to use!

Also, that one guy who crushes the Beys (forgot his name) could come straight out of YGO Season 0 with that hair/colour.