Beyblade X Episode #1 (October 6, 2023)

1) X
エックス
Ekkusu
Air Date: October 6, 2023

Amateur Blader Kazami Bird arrives in hallowed X-City to become a pro. However, he is defeated by the overwhelming newcomer Ishiyama. Then a mysterious Blader appears and...

Source: https://www.tv-osaka.co.jp/onair/detail/oaid=2131831/
So the title of the very first episode of this generation is just "X".

I love it.
"X" I'm so xcited for this episode.
X? It's the most exciting title that can exist
X is taking over the world in 2023 lol
I am eXited for what the producers are going to eXecute on october 6th
So basically the X avatar animation is an upgraded version of the Burst Avatar animation
Well, the Dran Sword avatar is... not bad ig. I like how it's not under or overdesigned, and the red X patterns to resemble the Kamen X mask is cool.

But on the other hand it's kinda fat and a bit too realistic which drags it down a bit (ironic since I used to think the gear chip design was too cartoonish).
(Oct. 05, 2023  7:39 PM)NoNotYou Wrote: Well, the Dran Sword avatar is... not bad ig. I like how it's not under or overdesigned, and the red X patterns to resemble the Kamen X mask is cool.

But on the other hand it's kinda fat and a bit too realistic which drags it down a bit (ironic since I used to think the gear chip design was too cartoonish).

I mean the summoning part
(Oct. 05, 2023  7:46 PM)TitanDragon Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2023  7:39 PM)NoNotYou Wrote: Well, the Dran Sword avatar is... not bad ig. I like how it's not under or overdesigned, and the red X patterns to resemble the Kamen X mask is cool.

I mean the summoning part

I wasn't replying to anyone

But if you want my thoughts on the summoning animation I like it, though I'm worried it'll get a little repetitive like burst
(Oct. 05, 2023  8:09 PM)NoNotYou Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2023  7:46 PM)TitanDragon Wrote: I mean the summoning part

I wasn't replying to anyone

But if you want my thoughts on the summoning animation I like it, though I'm worried it'll get a little repetitive like burst

I mean isn’t that kind of the point
The animation is nice but the avatar is kinda bland in my opinion
https://youtu.be/eaUWfrHNq4U?si=c65gl_xFq33lzfM2

https://youtu.be/V4WuFN9F1ts?si=ViwioOR36Kf6NFpV

Op & Ed for Beyblade X

This gets me hyped up 🔥
Also, It's pretty obvious from the OP that Ekusu IS the protagonist.
I haven't seen the episode yet, but the OP is really amazing to see, I'm so glad the music they used was indeed "Prove" (albeit partially in Japanese), I love the clips especially when they showcase the other characters. The animation feels more detailed than the trailer, but intros tend to have better animation than the show itself. I must admit I had chills seeing the OP. Also, as someone else has pointed out, this OP seems more Ekusu focused and almost makes him seem like the sole main character.

The ED song is... totally non-standard and so weird for a Beyblade season... and I'm all up for it quite frankly! I actually enjoyed that ED quite a lot admittedly, the song was quite a joy to listen to and I really love the night time settings for it, especially the city skyline. It's been way too long since we've had a good ED theme, like what? 7 years now, has it been since "Believe"? This ED almost feels like a song used for a movie ending honestly.

Haven't seen the episode yet but now I'm really excited!

Vpns in this case are so annoying since they are literally getting access to a show that will eventually be dubbed here. I have seen a much better solution than that
OLM never disappoints in disappointing us with first episodes 🔥

Sorry I had to come back to say this.

The animation is so off most of the times 👎

I may just stick with the manga because the anime is very mid
Not exactly sure how I feel on the anime yet. Maybe it’s just me being a lot older now, but to me this X opening episode lacked the charm I remember feeling with the first burst episode. I still liked it, but I was hoping for something that felt a little more lively. I think it will take time, but I’m sure everything will get better with the anime, once we start really getting into the main story line.

I didn’t have the most time to really let everything sink in and absorb it because I was rushing to get to work lol. I will rewatch the episode again after work and give my thought again.
Overall I thought the first episode of X was fine and op and ed are fine. I know there’s a lot of people already being negative but I think we should just wait for more episodes before judging the anime entirely because it could end up being really good. When the first episode of burst came out a lot of people were negative but it grew on a lot of people as time went on so I have a feeling this will be the same idea.
(Oct. 06, 2023  2:50 PM)Bey100 Wrote: Overall I thought the first episode of X was fine and op and ed are fine. I know there’s a lot of people already being negative but I think we should just wait for more episodes before judging the anime entirely because it could end up being really good. When the first episode of burst came out a lot of people were negative but it grew on a lot of people as time went on so I have a feeling this will be the same idea.

Changing the studio would've solved a lot of the problems imo. It really just feels like I'm watching Burst 2.0 and I hate it for it.
(Oct. 06, 2023  11:36 AM)Jinbee Wrote: I haven't seen the episode yet, but the OP is really amazing to see, I'm so glad the music they used was indeed "Prove" (albeit partially in Japanese), I love the clips especially when they showcase the other characters. The animation feels more detailed than the trailer, but intros tend to have better animation than the show itself. I must admit I had chills seeing the OP. Also, as someone else has pointed out, this OP seems more Ekusu focused and almost makes him seem like the sole main character.

The ED song is... totally non-standard and so weird for a Beyblade season... and I'm all up for it quite frankly! I actually enjoyed that ED quite a lot admittedly, the song was quite a joy to listen to and I really love the night time settings for it, especially the city skyline. It's been way too long since we've had a good ED theme, like what? 7 years now, has it been since "Believe"? This ED almost feels like a song used for a movie ending honestly.

Haven't seen the episode yet but now I'm really excited!

Bruh, the songs don’t fit in the anime.
(Oct. 06, 2023  5:08 PM)Dasmind Wrote:
(Oct. 06, 2023  11:36 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
Bruh, the songs don’t fit in the anime.

Which I already mentioned about the ED beforehand in my previous post, but I don't really care because the songs are actually fun to listen to.