Apr

BEYBLADE X-TREME BATTLE Toronto Vol. 2

Toronto, Ontario
Hobbiesville Toronto
9 Ossington Ave
$5 entry fee payment required to secure spot. Follow instructions under "How to Register & Check-In" section below to register.
2:00 PM on 04/13/2024
Hosted by
  Kei
Contact Host
Format
X

Most official Beyblade X gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type
1on1

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  

$5 entry fee payment required to secure spot. Follow the instructions under "How to Register & Check-In" section below to register.

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

AT

[Image: JWFjcqm.jpeg]

RANKED EVENT UNDER THE

[Image: ulefsEb.png]

IMPORTANT:
Registration is closed for this tournament. Join my second Beyblade X tournament on Sunday, April 14!

Join the Ontario Beyblade Community for an OBBC ranked WBO Beyblade X Format tournament using the 1on1 and 3on3 Match Types on Saturday, April 13, 2024.

The event will take place at Hobbiesville in Toronto at 9 Ossington Avenue. Player cap is 16.

If you have any questions about our event itself, please post them here!

Read the full event details and how to register below.

Dan will also be hosting a Metal Fight Limited Format tournament, BEYBLADE SUMMIT Toronto Vol. 1 immediately after this tournament. If you are interested please join that event as well!

📝 REGISTRATION

Rules

• Player Cap: 16
  • Registration is first-come, first-served. Registration will be closed when the maximum number of registrants is reached.
  • 4 Available Companion Slots: Due to space limitations, only 4 companion (non-player) slots will be made available for the tournament. If too many participants apply to bring a companion during the registration process outlined below, the organizer reserves the right to reject further applications for companions at this event. If a companion attends the event but were not given permission to do so, the organizer may ask them to leave the venue. As the tournament date approaches, if companion slots remain some may be removed in favour of expanding the player cap.
  • $5 Entry Fee eTransfer Payment Required: Paying the $5 entry fee by eTransfer is required to secure a spot (read sending instructions below). If the event is canceled, the entry fee will be returned to you by eTransfer. The entry fee covers costs for the venue, prizes, and supplies.
  • Late Arrivals: Registered participants who arrive late may receive losses for unplayed, scheduled matches or may be replaced by another participant who is present and able to play.
  • Early Departure: Participants who leave early will receive losses for unplayed, scheduled matches.
  • Day-Of Registration: Registration on the day of the event for people who don’t confirm a spot beforehand will only be possible if spots are still available on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • Event Details & Cancellation: Please note that the details of this event are subject to change and may be cancelled at any point if not enough interest can be confirmed. In this case, a notice will be posted as far in advance as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

How to Register & Check-In
You must follow the below process precisely to confirm your spot and be eligible to participate in this tournament.

Please read carefully.

1. Create WBO account
Create an account on worldbeyblade.org if you do not have one.

2. Create Challonge account
Create an account on Challonge.com if you do not have one.

Note: Each participant must have his/her own WBO and Challonge accounts and register separately. If there are multiple participants (ex. parents and children), please repeat this entire process for each person.

3. Save Challonge public profile link
ex. https://challonge.com/users/wbokei

4. Send organizer registration PM with template
Send the organizer a private message with the following template filled out:

Registration Private Message Template:

Subject:
Registration for BEYBLADE X-TREME BATTLE Toronto Vol. 2

I'd like to register to play in BEYBLADE X-TREME BATTLE Toronto Vol. 2.

My Challonge Public Profile Link:

My eTransfer email address:

After receiving your eTransfer address I will send the $5 entry fee.

Thank you!

Use the above template, please!

Any messages during this process which deviate from the supplied template (Subject and Message) or do not contain the required information will not qualify and may not be responded to.

5. Send entry fee to organizer
The organizer will respond with an eTransfer address. Send the entry fee to it.

6. Notify organizer of entry fee payment with new PM template
Send the organizer a private message with the following template filled out:

Entry Fee Private Message Template (Click to View)

Use the above template, please!

7. Sign up on Challonge
The organizer will then add you as a participant on the WBO event page and send the Challonge sign up link to join the tournament. Click the link and follow the instructions to confirm the registration.

8. Pre-tournament registration complete
Your spot in the tournament is now confirmed.

9. Tournament day check-in procedure
On the day of the event, please:

1. Online Challonge Check-in (Optional):
Starting at the listed online check-in time below, participants who have successfully registered for the tournament with their Challonge account will receive an email notification once the bracket is now accepting check-ins.

Open the email, click the link to the tournament bracket, and then click the "Check-in" button to complete the online check-in.

[Image: 6BqqcPt.jpeg]

2. In-Person Check-in (Mandatory):
Open your Challonge public profile page on your cell phone and show it to the organizer at the registration desk before the below listed in-person registration/check-in time concludes. If you arrive after registration closes, you will not be able to enter the tournament.

10. Receive player nametag and number
At registration or just before the tournament starts participants will be given a tag with their name and a number on it. Before each battle begins, everyone will be called by their number. At the end of the tournament, the nametags must be returned to the host.

[Image: vBPoRVa.jpeg]

Registered, but cannot attend?
If something comes up and you cannot attend, please Send the organizer a private message with the following template filled out:

Cannot Attend Private Message Template (Click to View)

Players who confirm a spot in the tournament and do not show up at the tournament without any notice may be warned in accordance with the WBO Community Rules.

🏟 LOCATION

Venue
The event will take place at Hobbiesville in Toronto at 9 Ossington Avenue. Player cap is 16.

[Image: 6RtK3M1.jpeg]

🕚 EVENT SCHEDULE

• Online Challonge Check-in (Optional): 12:00PM-2:00PM
  • In-Person Registration/Check-in (Mandatory): 2:00PM–2:15PM
  • First Stage: 2:30PM–4:15PM
  • Break: 4:15PM–4:20PM
  • Final Stage: 4:20PM-4:45PM
  • Free Play: 2:00PM–4:15PM

All times are approximate and subject to change.The First Stage is expected to last at least two hours, and final tournaments at least 30 minutes. Participants are encouraged to attend at least the end of the First Stage.

🎒 WHAT TO BRING

• Beyblade X Tops: At least 1 for the First Stage is required. If you advance to the Final Stage, at least 3 are required.
  • Beyblade X Launcher
  • 3on3 Deck Case or other deck concealing method. 
  • Xtreme Stadium (Optional): We will provide one for the tournament, but if you want to help us run the tournament faster or enjoy free battles, bring your own stadium. Please post here if you intend to bring one.
  • No Bey, launcher, or deck case? No problem! We would be happy to lend them to you while you are playing a tournament match. Any equipment must be returned to the organizer immediately after the match.

We will be using stadium stands like this for all tournament matches. It is modelled after the ones used at official B4 Beyblade X tournaments in Japan.

[Image: lx8B3w3.jpeg]

🥇 PRIZES

The top three winning players will each receive a certificate of achievement from the OBBC affirming their victory.

[Image: MScjVOh.jpg]

The top 3 players will each receive one 2" OBBC logo sticker!

[Image: rIV5s0Z.jpeg]

🏆 TOURNAMENT BRACKET

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

Follow along with the tournament bracket on Challonge during the event.

🏁 JUDGES

This list is subject to change.

1. Kei – Head Judge
  2. Trsal
  3. k00mak00ma
  4. Lyte
  5. Bendo3170

📚 TOURNAMENT RULES

The tournament will be played primarily using the WBO X Format Rulebook.

Match Types: 1on1 & 3on3

Additional & Modified Rules

1. Banned Parts & Equipment: Usage of any Blades, Ratchets, Bits, Launchers, or other equipment from Beyblade X products released within 14 days or less from the tournament date is prohibited.
  2. Match Start: A match is considered to have started when both players have arrived at the stadium.
  3. Beyblade Selection: Before the first battle of the match begins, players must: Decide their position on the left or right side of the stadium by playing one round of rock-paper-scissors, if either player has a preference. Then, players must select their Beyblade along with their Launcher without being seen by their opponent and notify the judge when they are ready.
    After both players have completed their selection, when asked by the judge, they must present them to their opponent. The judge will then check the Beyblades and Launchers for both players. After the judge completes the inspection for both players, the judge will return the Beyblade(s) disassembled and Launchers to each player. If any Beyblade or piece of equipment is found to be unusable for any reason, the judge may award point(s) to the opponent upon consultation with the head judge. Then, both players may restart the selection process. Once the selected Beyblades and Launchers are approved, players must then assemble their Beyblade in front of the stadium within view of the judge and their opponent. The first battle will then begin.
  4. Launch Area: The Launch Area is the circular opening on top of the Stadium Cover.
  5. Launching: A battle begins when the call of “3–2–1 Go Shoot!” starts. Beyblades must completely pass through the Launch Area after being launched. Beyblades are considered to have entered the Play Area once they have completely passed through the Launch Area. Beyblades must enter, return, or be in the Play Area in order to win a battle. If both Beyblades collide before either has touched the Stadium (a mid-air collision), the battle must be restarted. Bladers must launch their Beyblade from within a 20cm distance from the Stadium Base for the duration of their launch.
  6. Beyblade Assembly: You may not disassemble to change the orientation of the parts of your Beyblade(s) for the duration of a match.
  7. Knocked-Out: To begin being considered as a possible knock-out (Xtreme Finish or Over Finish), the entire Beyblade must enter the Xtreme Zone or Over Zone.
  8. Burst Finish: To be considered bursted (Burst Finish), any part of the Beyblade must be visibly detached (ex. Bit detaching from Ratchet, Ratchet and Bit detached from Blade, etc).
  9. Tie Break Procedures: The following tie break procedures will be used to determine finalists at the end of the First Stage among players with the same win/loss record: Wins vs. Tied Participants, Points Difference, Points Scored, and Tiebreak Match in that order.
  10. 4 Point Final Stage: Final Stage Matches are played to 4 points for this Tournament.
  11. Video Review: Judges may review video replays to determine the result of a battle or match only for matches which take place in the Final Stage. A judge reserves the right to deny a player request for video review.
  12. Part Breakage Inspection: Judges must inspect both Beyblades of every battle of every match in the Final Stage for any breakages. If a Beyblade is found to have broken, the Breakage During Play procedure in the WBO X Format Rulebook must be followed.
  13. Decorated Parts Prohibition: Bladers may not use parts that have been decorated in the following ways for this Tournament: Parts that have been painted/clear-coated unofficially and parts that have been decorated with unofficial/homemade stickers.
  14. Battle Limit and Consecutive Draws: No limitation applies to the number of Battles per Match, or the number of Consecutive Draws allowed per Battle during this tournament.

🇨🇦 WHAT IS THE OBBC?

[Image: ulefsEb.png]

The Ontario Beyblade Community is a fan community open to all Beyblade lovers in Ontario, Canada. Our goal is for Beyblade fans to make new friends, have fun together, compete, and improve their skills in real-life tournaments!

To learn more and stay up-to-date, visit the official website or our Discord server.

🤔 NOT SURE WHAT TO EXPECT?

Not sure what to expect? Check out this video and a tournament report from our Anime North events over the past couple years:

📑 RECOMMENDATIONS & POLICIES

Recommendations
All attendees are recommended to abide by the recommendations from the WBO outlined below. Thank you for your understanding and stay safe!

1. Feeling unwell? Stay at home.
2. Wear a Mask or Face Covering
3. Thumbs Up Instead of Handshakes
4. Do Not Lend or Play with Others Equipment
5. During Beyblade Inspection, Disassemble Beyblades for Judges
6. Do Not Bring More Than 1 Person With You
7. Maintain Physical Distancing (2 meters/6 feet apart)
8. After each Match Judges Should Disinfect Stadium

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

This event has been approved.
I'd like to try and make it to this, I can't lock it in tonight but I'll check back. Hope it fills up!
Dan will also be hosting a Metal Fight Limited Format tournament, BEYBLADE SUMMIT Toronto Vol. 1 immediately after this tournament. If you are interested please join that event as well!
Hey everyone!

I'm hosting a second Beyblade X event on the day after this one on Sunday, April 14: BEYBLADE X-TREME BATTLE Toronto Vol. 2.5.

If you're free I'd love to see all of you there as well!

Trsal Fluffells babyblade CharlieH yoh001 Nelsoph Lyte Hiwatari-san k00mak00ma Multi SpinToWin kebun1 shido Keito X Bendo3170

Hi everyone! Would anyone be willing to bring an Xtreme Stadium for use in the tournament?

Please post here to let me know.

I only have one and can bring it if needed, but we will need two in order to run this tournament efficiently. I'm hoping two of you can volunteer to bring one so that I might not have to bring mine in addition to two stadium stands and other equipment/materials I have to bring on my train over to Toronto.

Thank you!
(Apr. 08, 2024  1:37 AM)k00mak00ma Wrote: I will bring mine. I got extras

Thank you so much! To confirm, do you mean 1 stadium or more?
(Apr. 08, 2024  5:01 AM)Kei Wrote:

Hey Kei I was going to let you know on discord, I can bring 1 extra Beyblade X stadium. It is the stadium we use at home so it is fairly used, but has no damage and is fully functional so I can bring it if you'd like.
(Apr. 08, 2024  5:01 AM)Kei Wrote:

I have 2. I'll be bringing both.
2 questions:

Will the UX releases and the new launcher/grips be legal for this tournament?

Will swapping ratchet components be legal? I.E taking a 9 from 9-60 and putting it on a 80 from 3-80 to create a 9-80.
(Apr. 09, 2024  9:13 PM)Trsal Wrote: Will the UX releases and the new launcher/grips be legal for this tournament?

Yes.

(Apr. 09, 2024  9:13 PM)Trsal Wrote: Will swapping ratchet components be legal? I.E taking a 9 from 9-60 and putting it on a 80 from 3-80 to create a 9-80.

No.
Trsal Fluffells babyblade CharlieH yoh001 Nelsoph Lyte k00mak00ma Multi SpinToWin kebun1 shido stickizonline Keito X Bendo3170

Hello everyone! Below are some must-read, important updates about this event:

Updates Overview (Details Below)
  1. Looking for judges
  2. Updated Event Schedule
  3. Please check-in on Challonge (12PM) and show up on time (2PM)
  4. Players may be asked to leave after First Stage is complete
  5. Please listen carefully to all instructions

1. Looking for judges
If you’re willing to judge at this tournament, please post here to let me know. I'm looking for two more judges.

This will help me run the tournament more efficiently and keep matches flowing.

Confirmed Judges:
  1. Kei (Head Judge)
  2. k00mak00ma

2. Updated Event Schedule
Start time is unchanged.

What has changed is the timing for the First Stage, Break, Final Stage, and Free Play.

• Online Challonge Check-in (Optional): 12:00PM-2:00PM
  • In-Person Registration/Check-in (Mandatory): 2:00PM–2:15PM
  • First Stage: 2:30PM–4:15PM
  • Break: 4:15PM–4:20PM
  • Final Stage: 4:20PM-4:45PM
  • Free Play: 2:00PM–4:15PM

3. Please check-in on Challonge (12PM) and show up on time (2PM)
While this is still optional, please complete the online check-in on Challonge between 12PM and 2PM if possible. This will help us start faster when you arrive at the venue on time for the in-person check-in.

You will receive an email notification once the bracket is now accepting check-ins starting at 12PM on Saturday, April 13.

Open the email, click the link to the tournament bracket, and then click the "Check-in" button to complete the online check-in.

[Image: 6BqqcPt.jpeg]

4. Players may be asked to leave after First Stage is complete
After the First Stage is complete, players not advancing to the Final Stage may be asked to leave the store.

This will depend on when we can finish the First Stage.

Registration for Dan's LIMITED FORMAT SUMMIT Vol. 1 event is starting immediately as we finish this one at 4:45 and space is limited.

Players signed up for Dan's event may remain in the store throughout.

5. Please listen carefully to all instructions
Our time is limited. Please listen carefully to my instructions throughout the event so that we can complete all matches as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your cooperation and I can’t wait to see all of you!
I appreciate the opportunity and would like to judge at this event if you still require another person.
(Apr. 11, 2024  11:59 PM)Lyte Wrote: I appreciate the opportunity and would like to judge at this event if you still require another person.

Yes, still needed. Thanks for your help!
Im participating in the tournament but Im willing to judge as well if you still need one more
Thanks everyone! These are our confirmed judges:

Confirmed Judges:
  1. Kei (Head Judge)
  2. Trsal
  3. k00mak00ma
  4. Lyte
  5. Bendo3170

Lyte Trsal k00mak00ma Bendo3170 Please read the "Equipment Selection & Inspection Procedure" judges will be following by clicking the spoiler below. I'll go over this again with everyone before we start the event:

Equipment Selection & Inspection Procedure (Click to View)
Hi, lots of traffic coming in from the Hamilton area, eta 2:20.
Thank you to everyone who came out today! I hope you all enjoyed the event as much as I did. Was so happy to see you all and finally put my stadium stands to use. 😀

Top 4 Players
1st: Kei
2nd: yoh001
3rd: SpinToWin
4th: Keito X

Finally, thank you as well to MooNxMooN for the opportunity host the event at Hobbiesville. Cool store and great venue.

Hope to see many of you at High Park tomorrow for my next event! Details here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BEYBLAD...-5--111037