B-164 Random Booster Vol. 20 Curse Satan.Hr.Un 1D

(Apr. 24, 2020  2:06 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2020  1:58 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Yeah, it’s a shame 1D is going to be unviable, as I expect the teeth to be better than on 1S. But yeah, those two parts would definitely give it the weight it needs.
Maybe the shape of Curse would reduce bursting. But I cant see it outclassing Lord Spriggan and Left Master Diabolos.

You mean perfect Pheonix?
this might seem dumb, but how does one click together Curse Satan with all those free spin parts
Welp I can now confirm stock combo wise it's mediocre. I only see it beating King Helios via more LAD. I do think Universe is the part to get from this and also the purple sparking chip that looks nice.
https://youtu.be/C7OKggvE244 leo burst has hard times putting it all together anyway all credit goes to him
(Apr. 25, 2020  1:38 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: https://youtu.be/C7OKggvE244 leo burst has hard times putting it all together anyway all credit goes to him

I guess my doubts have been confirmed regarding the rollers, one clean hard hit would practically destroy the rollers off the Ring (probably same as the Stamina Wings of Glide Ring).

It may look hard trying to assemble the stock combo, but since Hurricane has notches underneath, it should still be manageable.

Universe Driver's HUMONGOUS dome tip is probably going to be self-KO fest especially if using the powerful Sparking Beylauncher, unless its shaft can be worn down similarly to Volcanic to enable a better spin time to rival Bearing. Otherwise, it will just be a hype release without any actual meta value (considering that 1D and Hurricane are quite surprisingly lightweight compared to GRg release which have that heavy Wheel Disk).
Funny you mention self-KO. Watching a battle video of Curse Satan on YouTube and 2 of the first 3 launchers were self-KOs. It looks pretty unimpressive from the little I’ve seen of it in action. Got beat pretty easily by stock Hyperion. Was easily OS by Glide. KO’d by Brave. It did manage to slightly OS Helios.

I was hoping Universe would be good but it looks mediocre. Not ready to write if off yet but early impressions aren’t great. If people we’re happy with Valkyrie’s performance they are going to be really unhappy with Satan’s.
(Apr. 25, 2020  2:08 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Funny you mention self-KO. Watching a battle video of Curse Satan on YouTube and 2 of the first 3 launchers were self-KOs. It looks pretty unimpressive from the little I’ve seen of it in action. Got beat pretty easily by stock Hyperion. Was easily OS by Glide. KO’d by Brave. It did manage to slightly OS Helios.

I was hoping Universe would be good but it looks mediocre. Not ready to write if off yet but early impressions aren’t great. If people we’re happy with Valkyrie’s performance they are going to be really unhappy with Satan’s.

I could say that if curse satan have havier disc and we know for a fact that hurricane sucks
Yeah, Hurricane is trash. I definitely plan on experimenting with some different discs and drivers too see what can done to maximize Satan
Man if only they had given Satan a double chassisUnhappy

Don’t see myself picking this up, maybe just for the driver.
(Apr. 25, 2020  2:08 PM)SupaDav03 Wrote: Funny you mention self-KO. Watching a battle video of Curse Satan on YouTube and 2 of the first 3 launchers were self-KOs. It looks pretty unimpressive from the little I’ve seen of it in action. Got beat pretty easily by stock Hyperion. Was easily OS by Glide. KO’d by Brave. It did manage to slightly OS Helios.

I mean, battling these other releases isn't really fair due to the massive difference in weights. Random Booster prizes typically wind up lighter than regular releases due to the need to balance weights better among all eight options. Take Dead Hades as an example. Sure it had a decently heavy layer, but the rest of its combo was super lightweight as a result to help lighter layers like Deep Chaos and Twin Nemesis match the same weight range. Same thing's been going on for ages, so expecting it to be on par with a regular release that outweighs it by about 10 grams is sort of strange. That and Kreis Satan was never really spectacular, so expecting its very similarly designed evolution to suddenly be good is questionable as well.

That much being said these boosters have a lot more to offer than just the prize, and simply saying "the prize sucks" doesn't mean that there isn't good things in this booster. I've already gone on about how many good parts are scattered in this booster in particular, such as Quick', Keep', a whole multitude of disk pulls... it goes on and on.
They honestly should've put Universe on a balance type beyblade, it's not defense at all.
Notice: the mini chip on the ragnaruk bey with the K.H. chip has the same yelliw/silver cip that came with the Special DiambolosSmile
(Apr. 26, 2020  9:29 PM)KnightPro Wrote: They honestly should've put Universe on a balance type beyblade, it's not defense at all.

Intent and function don't always align. As far as TT is concerned, balls are a defensive shape. Free spinning balls are also a defensive plan. Even though it roams far too much to really be used for Defense, it's still sensible to call it a Defense driver.
Curse Satan with around and atomic is decent
Saw Zankyes new Curse Satan Video. It’s pretty good, and like he said, it can take some really solid hits. And what I can say what is holding the stock combo back is that disk man.
(Apr. 27, 2020  10:42 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: Saw Zankyes new Curse Satan Video. It’s pretty good, and like he said, it can take some really solid hits. And what I can say what is holding the stock combo back is that disk man.

I still feel this release will not be very good in the long run. Kreis Satan was good when it was released, but became outclassed relatively quickly when Blaze Ragnaruk and Alter Chronos came out. I feel Curse will be the same way likely.
Blaze came out the same time as Kreis Satan, though...

But yeah, usually, most of the first wave releases are outclassed. And then every gimmick gets combined into one for Spriggan and the entire series is outclassed with it's released. It's inevitable.
Basically an upgraded version of Ashura
(Apr. 27, 2020  11:22 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: Blaze came out the same time as Kreis Satan, though...

But yeah, usually, most of the first wave releases are outclassed. And then every gimmick gets combined into one for Spriggan and the entire series is outclassed with it's released. It's inevitable.
Thats what i hate about sriggan it just stole every good gimmick, but i think if the corona haven't attack us i think this base will be viable
from what i saw from Zankyes video and from Leo Bursts videos, Curse Satan is Good but at the same time its kinda doo doo, it can take even the biggest hits i bet but its Universe driver is too aggressive and lacks the stamina to last out
I think Curse is better then I thought. The palcement of the rollers actually makes contact and the shape is not bad. Not the best but an overall alright defense bey. Also 1D is great!
But, IS is better because LAD and OWD. Is there a big difference in weight?
(Apr. 28, 2020  2:46 AM)Orbit Wrote: But, IS is better because LAD and OWD. Is there a big difference in weight?

It’s not the weight really. I want you to think about Kreis Satan. It had two problems: One, it had a low stamina design for a defense type and two, the rollers created points of recoil, which is not good for a defense type bey. Back then, it was good but quickly outclassed when things like Alter Chronos and Drain Fafnir came out. Curse seems to be the same way.
(Apr. 28, 2020  2:59 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Apr. 28, 2020  2:46 AM)Orbit Wrote: But, IS is better because LAD and OWD. Is there a big difference in weight?

It’s not the weight really. I want you to think about Kreis Satan. It had two problems: One, it had a low stamina design for a defense type and two, the rollers created points of recoil, which is not good for a defense type bey. Back then, it was good but quickly outclassed when things like Alter Chronos and Drain Fafnir came out. Curse seems to be the same way.

Even when Kreis Satan was new Blaze Ragnaruk was a rival for Defense. With a very similar shape to Kreis, I'm not really holding out too much hope for Curse unless it proves to be effective as stopping equalization or something in the competitive scene.