Announcing Beyblade East 2023...

Hey Bladers! Hard to believe it's been nearly a year since East 2022. Our first coordinated tournament weekend on the east coast since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic was a HUGE success, and we can't wait to bring  this event back this summer. This year will be even bigger and better than ever, and we hope you'll be a part of the journey!

Thank you to everyone in our Beyblade East Discord server who voted on tournament formats and offered to host. While the event details have been finalized and planning is underway, we still need YOUR help to ensure that Beyblade East 2023 is a rousing success! Continue reading this post to learn how you can help us host the BEST Beyblade East yet.

What: A fun-filled weekend for competitive MFB, Plastics, and Burst restricted format players! All tournaments will be capped at 40 attendees with exceptions made for players traveling 200+ miles to attend the event. All formats will be run in three point DECK format with the exception of Burst Classic, which will be run in  five point deck.

Where: Wheaton Forest Picnic Shelter - 1700 University Boulevard West, Wheaton, MD 20902
To accommodate out-of-town tournament attendees, this year's venue is conveniently located just 0.5mi off the Wheaton Metro red line stop. Spend the night in D.C. hassle-free - no rideshares or car rentals required!

When: Friday August 25th - Sunday August 27th

Why you should attend: Beyblade East is THE marquee east coast tournament series with an emphasis on the competitive community's most beloved Beyblade formats. Unlike other tentpole events in 2023, Beyblade's older systems remain at the heart of Beyblade East. Last year we broke multiple records for the largest WBO-hosted MFB tournaments in recorded history, and we plan on doing it again! If you're looking to play MFB, Plastics, or even Burst Classic, you won't find a bigger or more competitive event than BE23.

Entrance Fee: A venue fee of $5 per tournament will be charged to offset all-day picnic shelter reservations on Saturday and Sunday

Schedule: It wouldn't be a Beyblade East without contests, giveaways, and mini-events on the side - keep your eyes peeled for additional updates as we finalize the 2023 lineup.

Friday (Day 0)
6pm - Day 0: Five Grams (Beyblade X) hosted by Broyeeto (parts to be provided)

Saturday (Day 1)
11am - Day 1: Metal in a Bowl (Zero-G Format) hosted by DeceasedCrab
Side Event: Metal Fusion Stock Battle (Banlist TBD)
Side Event: Beystadium Target Challenge
3pm - Day 1: Metal Fury Mayhem hosted by The Supreme One (Gravity, Libra, Screw, and DK banned)

Sunday (Day 2)
11am - Day 2: Geometry Dash (Plastics Format) hosted by Friedpasta
Side Event: Plastics Stock Battle (Banlist TBD)
Side Event: Second Annual Beyblade Beauty Contest
3pm - Day 2: MR BEAST! BEHEMOTH (Burst Classic Format) hosted by bladekid (Drift and Drift variants BANNED)

FAQs

Will there be prizes?
YES! Thanks to generous donations from Four Gaming, Vulcan Eagle, Mr. Memes, and JA Industries we are fully prize funded for ALL of our mainline events (I will also be awarding gold, silver, and bronze Shinobi Saramanda beys to the top 3 overall placers for the weekend). Interested in making a donation? Shoot me a Discord message or WBO PM :) Entry fees that go beyond the cost required to break even will be used to fund additional prizes, ensuring that all revenue generated from the event goes straight back into the community!

Will there be merch?
Idk ask ICrazyEater :) Actual Answer: TBD - if you know a vendor and would be willing to take the lead on this, please PLEASE let me know!

How can I help?
There are so many ways! Beyblade East is a purely grassroots effort, so any support in the form of prizes, food and beverage donations (or vendors), merchandise coordinations, graphic design, etc. will be greatly appreciated and highly valued. In case it wasn't already obvious, this is not a company-organized event nor are we beholden to venue/convention regulations, so we're very flexible and eager to work with anyone that cares about the community and has a vision :) And by "we" I mean me. Literally just me. So yes, all your help, suggestions, and support will be welcomed with open arms!

Well, I hope this is enough for now. If you've marked your calendar and are ready to attend, just keep an eye out for Beyblade East tournament threads which will be posted over the coming week and linked to in this event master thread.

Cheers!
Shame I can't make this one since I've got conventions elsewhere, but hopefully can make it to a US East event in the future. The formats listed sound fun.
(Jun. 14, 2023  1:21 AM)KIO Wrote: Shame I can't make this one since I've got conventions elsewhere, but hopefully can make it to a US East event in the future. The formats listed sound fun.

Crazy and KIO meet up part 2?!?!
Decided there was a better place for this announcement - here in the News forum!
Looks like a sick weekend!
Looka amazing. Id love to come. Ill try to find time. This is during my 1st week back to uni
Will there be trophies like last year?
Man that sounds fun Alittle if i had a car i would go
Man, tbh I'd like to give this a try since I've never checked it out before, but sadly using up what Vacation time I have to go to BWC next week
(Jun. 14, 2023  11:40 PM)Sky_shu Wrote: Looka amazing. Id love to come. Ill try to find time. This is during my 1st week back to uni

JA, Sky_Shu meetup???? 👀
Been waiting for this to happen
Me when no burst gt😞
Call me maybe for this. Specifically plastics and MFB.
(Jul. 02, 2023  2:34 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Call me maybe for this. Specifically plastics and MFB.

HE'S BACK
(Jul. 02, 2023  2:44 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2023  2:34 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Call me maybe for this. Specifically plastics and MFB.

HE'S BACK

You brought me back sir. I appreciate you more then you know.
With Beyblade East less than 1 month away, I'm excited to share our first prize pool update:

Zero-G Format Tournament Prizes: Donated by Vulcan Eagle
Zero-G Attack Stadium
Zero-G Balance Stadium
Zero-G Defense Stadium

Plastics Tournament Prize: Donated by Four Gaming
Master Dranzer

Metal Fight Beyblade Limited Prizes: Donated by Four Gaming
Lightning L-Drago
Diablo Nemesis

Beyblade East Top 3 Overall Prizes: Donated by TSO
Gold Shinobi Saramanda
Silver Shinobi Saramanda
Bronze Shinobi Saramanda

The OP has also been updated with tournament threads for all 5 Beyblade East events Smile Don't forget to RSVP and claim your spot in BE23!

Keep an eye out for more updates to the prize pool and our side tournaments for the weekend!
Less than 48 hours until the first Beyblade East tournament! The OP has been updated with multiple side events on Saturday and Sunday, and I'm excited to announce that we're officially fully prize funded for ALL of our mainline events thanks to generous donations from Mr. Memes and JA Industries. See you all soon Smile
The verdict is in - Beyblade East 2023 was a huge success!  :D We've continued to learn from the minor hiccups of years past, and I couldn't be more proud of the event we put on last week. 

First, having ACTUAL PRIZES for 4 of our 5 tournaments last weekend was a HUGE bonus, and it wouldn' have been possible without the generous support of a few members of the community that couldn't make it. A big thank you to Mr. Memes JA Industries. Vulcan Eagle @"Stay Cool" and swaglakitu for their donations - Beyblade East wouldn't have been what it was without you.

Second, an equally hearty thank you to all of the tournament hosts and judges (especially those that were willing to step in on the fly) :) I can't overstate how much weight was taken off my shoulders this year with all of the support I received from fellow organizers— Yami bladekidgeetster99   DeceasedCrab Friedpasta Broyeeto BearsFTW25 Walkure RED NINJA 0829 Angry Face and many more.

And finally, CONGRATULATIONS to the winners of each tournament AND the winner of Beyblade East - bladekid!  Ended up giving a BB-10 to the winner, and it couldn't have gone to a more worthy player (except maybe Broyeeto - guess he'll have to win BE24). Photos of the placers (and the usual Beyblade East shenanigans) are below for those interested.

Here's to an even bigger and better event next year!

[font="Proxima Nova Regular", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][Image: MKH74V4.jpg][/font]
Glad to see that y’all had fun. Hope that people enjoyed the prizes.
Twas a fun time! Glad I decided to go after all haha! Was really cool to see the MD crew again!