World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Make your suggestions! - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+--- Thread: Make your suggestions! (/Thread-Make-your-suggestions)

RE: Make your suggestions! - Dark_Mousy - Sep. 02, 2012

(Sep. 02, 2012  1:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: You all know that we did try the public top tier list idea before, right ?

We do realize this. Why not make a few of us an admin strictly on that thread. So if/when spam arises we could easily get rid of it. The tier list clearly needs to be updated. And besides Ingulit & th!nk what other active advanced members are contributing to the tier list? Kei rarely posts in the advanced forum. Your always busy. And Dan rarely posts anymore. So honestly we have 2 solutions:

1. Make a new tier list discussion thread
2. Add more advanced members.

or a 3rd option.
Sit back and let the tier list get older.

I personally have a lot to chime in on the list. But not being and Advanced Member I can't. There are several members I think would be good for Advanced. We need to update the list. Clearly.

RE: Make your suggestions! - sarabscientist - Sep. 02, 2012

And you don't have to be advanced to provide legitimate customization advice and testing. (zionson)

(Sep. 02, 2012  2:14 AM)Insomniac Wrote: And you don't have to be advanced to provide legitimate customization advice and testing. (zionson)

This is true. BUT it hardly ever appears in the advanced forum until much later. If we had a more active advanced member list then we might have a tier list that isn't so far out of date.

(Sep. 01, 2012  9:23 PM)th!nk Wrote: "Suggest Without Tests and Your Post Gets Suppressed" route.

(Sep. 01, 2012  9:29 PM)Ingulit Wrote: The Advanced forum's thread could be used as a "final word" of sorts, with the public one there to promote conversation. That way even if random people post incorrect things in the public thread, those mistakes won't be carried over into the "official" list/discussion.

I personally think those two comments are really solid in this whole debate. Ingulit's idea is essentially what I think we should do and th!nk's comment can govern it Tongue_out

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tech - Sep. 02, 2012

Yeah, I like Ingulit's idea. If it gets spammed, then we have nothing to lose. Just close it.

(Sep. 02, 2012  2:31 AM)Tech Wrote: Yeah, I like Ingulit's idea. If it gets spammed, then we have nothing to lose. Just close it.

Now we just have to wait for the power that be to answer our requests.

(Sep. 02, 2012  2:31 AM)Tech Wrote: Yeah, I like Ingulit's idea. If it gets spammed, then we have nothing to lose. Just close it.

But it won't get spammed like Build me A combo if you govern it with an iron fist and hammer Tongue_out To keep it in shape, you just gotta have a more stricter set of rules and fierce policing.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tech - Sep. 02, 2012

Hopefully that works, because threads like Build me a Combo and Random Thoughts get spammed with people who don't even bother to read OP's.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tris - Sep. 02, 2012

(Sep. 02, 2012  2:34 AM)Insomniac Wrote:

But it won't get spammed like Build me A combo if you govern it with an iron fist and hammer Tongue_out To keep it in shape, you just gotta have a more stricter set of rules and fierce policing.

And torture* Don't forget that. heh. Eee
But yes, I agree. Also with what Dark_Mousy said, for some of us to become strict admins on that specific topic, so we can delete the spam without waiting for a mod.

(Sep. 02, 2012  2:37 AM)Tris Wrote: [...] some of us to become strict admins on that specific topic, so we can delete the spam without waiting for a mod.

I don't think you can give the delete posts options for single threads, only whole forums. But I could be wrong. Instead of giving certain people some people that power, why not let the advanced members themselves govern it?

EDIT: I think a lot of the main points have been backed up and enforced a lot. We're going to need some serious response from someone in charge now Tongue_out

(Sep. 02, 2012  2:40 AM)Insomniac Wrote:
(Sep. 02, 2012  2:37 AM)Tris Wrote: [...] some of us to become strict admins on that specific topic, so we can delete the spam without waiting for a mod.

I don't think you can give the delete posts options for single threads, only whole forums. But I could be wrong. Instead of giving certain people some people that power, why not let the advanced members themselves govern it?

EDIT: I think a lot of the main points have been backed up and enforced a lot. We're going to need some serious response from someone in charge now Tongue_out

Honestlyy I can see why it would be a bit of a hassle to add it outside of the advanced forum. It would be more work on the mods/admins. I still throw out the idea of more advanced members. Even if we use Ingulits idea we would still ultimately have one or two advanced members posting on everyone else behalf.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Sep. 02, 2012

For the moment, I can simply confirm that there is no way to restrict someone's moderating powers to a single thread.

(Sep. 02, 2012  3:21 AM)Kai-V Wrote: For the moment, I can simply confirm that there is no way to restrict someone's moderating powers to a single thread.
Seriously Kai-V, if you're going to consider this suggestion ... it'd be a great help.

(Sep. 02, 2012  3:21 AM)Kai-V Wrote: For the moment, I can simply confirm that there is no way to restrict someone's moderating powers to a single thread.

Kinda figured as much.

So where do we stand on the issue right now? Add more advanced members or add a new Tier list thread in the customization forum?

RE: Make your suggestions! - th!nk - Sep. 02, 2012

Adding more advanced members is a nice idea, but it still won't be active enough. The properties that make people worthy of veteran status also mean they tend to have other things they must devote time to, and even counting all the people who are just short or w/e, it still wouldn't be active enough. The advanced forum great for the final word, as well as allowing really complex nitpicky stuff to be discussed, but to give the aforementioned final word on such a vital part of the site, it needs wider input to give that word on.

Kai-V: I believe I mentioned that it needed to be re-introduced in my initial suggestion. I'm aware of how it went last time, but restricting the discussion to advanced members didn't really work out well either, and I think the forum is at a point now, where things are quieter and such a thread would be much more manageable. I don't know if it was always just as slow to update as it was closed off shortly after I arrived, but I think it would be much more efficient now with wider input, based on my discussions with various non-veteran members.

Ingulit and Myself are two of the advanced forums more active members (though admittedly I've been less active there lately), both of us have worked to get the tier list updated and gather the information needed and so forth. I think both of us agreeing on this is quite a powerful indication, personally.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Janstarblast - Sep. 02, 2012

(Sep. 01, 2012  9:29 PM)Ingulit Wrote: I'd love to see a public tier list discussion since the Advanced forum isn't terribly active. The Advanced forum's thread could be used as a "final word" of sorts, with the public one there to promote conversation. That way even if random people post incorrect things in the public thread, those mistakes won't be carried over into the "official" list/discussion.

I simply LOVE the idea.

Believe it or not, but I had this idea up my mind since a LONG, LONG time!
I did not want a Public Discussion thread for a certain topic in the Advanced Forum, as I've seen its devastating effects (The "Ban Basalt" topic is one I remember VERY clearly, as I was partly involved in getting it a mirror thread in the Beyblade General Forum; something that I regretted doing from the very beginning)....
However, yes I did want the presence of middlemen who conveyed the "Word of the People" in the Advanced Forum. If people wished to share any of their views in the Advanced Forum, they are required to PM these members who would then post on their behalf.
This role does assume great responsibility, even though it doesn't seem like it. These middlemen would have to be as smart as Advanced Members to use their discretion, and act as "filters", or partial moderators. That is, they'd only post things PMed to them, which seems sensible enough... Not only would this spark conversation in the Advanced thread, but also give the Forum an open-minded outlook.

I never posted that idea due to the fact(s)-
1. The middlemen might misuse their unique features...
2. The discretion of these middlemen might not be perfect, and hence lead to conflicts.
3. We have Advanced Members who are open to PMs, and occasionally post these PMs (in quoted form) in the Advanced Forum. The most notable example being Ingulit himself, who once quoted Ga Hooleone's PM in the Advanced Forum...

As for increasing the number of Advanced Members, I like the idea; however even I do not see it as a solution to the problem.
As th!nk said, it'd still be quite inactive... :\

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tech - Sep. 05, 2012

It would be cool to have Face Buying. Not in the PayPal sense, but in the Credit sense.

Lets say someone wanted 3 FB JADE'S, but only had 7 Credits, and they had a Face they were willing to pass up. You could PM a Committee Member the exact same way as if you were trading faces. You then give them your 2 Credits for that Face they didn't really want anymore.

In my opinion, that would be cool.

Its not like you earned the Face for nothing either, as I do know that Faces are well-earned rewards. You would have only got those Credits by earning them, and they would have got that Face by earning it too, so it's really nothing.

If we did implement that, it probably would be tedious for the CM's, because each Face (ULTRA RARE, Rare, Uncommon, or Common) would have to be worth a certain amount. If you were going to give someone 2 Credits for something, then it would have had to be an Eagle, Cancer, or Unicorno, just to give examples. We could always just PM the worth to the CM to save time, too.

So jumping the gun here lol.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Sep. 05, 2012

So you give a Face in exchange for a Face Booster ... ? Or you exchange Credits for specific Faces ?

In any case, Face Boosters are worth less than a specific Face, so that second idea would probably not work.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Tech - Sep. 05, 2012

I'm pretty much saying that it would be cool for someone to buy a specific Face from someone for the amount of Credits its worth, based on its Rarity.

RE: Make your suggestions! - *Ginga* - Sep. 05, 2012

Yeah, I like that idea!

RE: Make your suggestions! - Death! - Sep. 05, 2012

(Sep. 05, 2012  6:58 AM)Tech Wrote: I'm pretty much saying that it would be cool for someone to buy a specific Face from someone for the amount of Credits its worth, based on its Rarity.

Your post has made me get an idea!Instead of keeping face booster's for the certain amount of credits, why not keep faces for a certain amount of credits.Example:Kerbecs face for 10 credits,Serpent face for 2 credits...so like that we don't have to exchange our credits for face boosters and exchange our credits for faces.Now people might misunderstand this post thinking it's the same thing which Tech said....but what I mean to say is instead of keeping face boosters containing faces why not keep faces directly for the so and so credits in the blader's reward's thread.I know this idea might kind of suck but why not give it a try.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kai-V - Sep. 05, 2012

You all do not understand that absolutely no specific Face can ever be gotten easily, and that this is exactly the goal, hah ? All 'symbol' Faces can only be gotten through Face Boosters, always.

RE: Make your suggestions! - Benjohadi - Sep. 08, 2012

I've seen a WBO USB flash drive..by dimsum2u..the one in his signature..hahah..
i wonder if by any chances that it can be one of the prize for any contest or credit redemption..?hahah..it looks cool..

RE: Make your suggestions! - Kei - Sep. 08, 2012

(Sep. 08, 2012  6:03 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: I've seen a WBO USB flash drive..by dimsum2u..the one in his signature..hahah..
i wonder if by any chances that it can be one of the prize for any contest or credit redemption..?hahah..it looks cool..

Or you could just support us by buying one! For some reason it's not mentioned in his signature/the thread yet ... but 5% of the profit on each sale will be coming back to the WBO!

RE: Make your suggestions! - Benjohadi - Sep. 09, 2012

(Sep. 08, 2012  10:03 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 08, 2012  6:03 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: I've seen a WBO USB flash drive..by dimsum2u..the one in his signature..hahah..

Or you could just support us by buying one! For some reason it's not mentioned in his signature/the thread yet ... but 5% of the profit on each sale will be coming back to the WBO!

haha..atm...i'm too broke to buy anything...once i have money..who knows..hahah