World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: World Beyblade Organization (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-World-Beyblade-Organization)
+--- Forum: Discuss worldbeyblade.org (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Discuss-worldbeyblade-org)
+---- Forum: News (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-News)
+----- Forum: Bey News (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Bey-News)
+----- Thread: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト (/Thread-TAKARA-TOMY-announces-new-third-Beyblade-generation-Beyblade-Burst-%E3%83%99%E3%82%A4%E3%83%96%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88)

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Wombat - Jul. 15, 2015

(Jul. 15, 2015  2:31 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is going to lead to a lot of frustrating draws.

Just be glad you weren't around for the past year and a half or so. Duo and Dragooon going head to head 24/7. Spin Equalizer matches are always super close so not only were the battles 3-4 minutes of nothing there was also bound to be several ties. It may have been worse in NC than other places since they favor Stamina so much.

EDIT: woo page 24 is mine

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Bey Brad - Jul. 15, 2015

(Jul. 15, 2015  2:53 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2015  2:31 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is going to lead to a lot of frustrating draws.

Just be glad you weren't around for the past year and a half or so. Duo and Dragooon going head to head 24/7. Spin Equalizer matches are always super close so not only were the battles 3-4 minutes of nothing there was also bound to be several ties. It may have been worse in NC than other places since they favor Stamina so much.

EDIT: woo page 24 is mine

If nothing else, I am happy Burst puts an end to nonsense like this.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Kei - Jul. 15, 2015

Keep in mind that Double Burst Finishes are more common in battles between two aggressively designed Layers, as my testing with Valkyrie vs. Spriggan uncustomized indicated. But yeah, it certainly is better than a long Duo vs Dragooon battle in some ways.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Neo - Jul. 15, 2015

The more I see these videos the more I feel they're unbalanced.
They just look like they aren't spinning properly at all.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Bey Brad - Jul. 15, 2015

(Jul. 15, 2015  10:12 AM)Neo Wrote: The more I see these videos the more I feel they're unbalanced.

Can you elaborate?

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Neo - Jul. 15, 2015

(Jul. 15, 2015  2:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2015  10:12 AM)Neo Wrote: The more I see these videos the more I feel they're unbalanced.

Can you elaborate?
I dunno, when compared to any other system I feel like they lack the balance to move properly. They look almost...shaky?
I'm guessing it's from the height of the tip of the beyblade.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - loyd87 - Jul. 15, 2015

Could be the shape when spinning deformed like an illusion

They're not as tightly fastened as MFB due to the construction and burst mechanism. And because of using the Light Launcher, the lack of speed causes them to lose balance more quickly. Curious to see how the game plays with a BeyLauncher.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - MissingNo. - Jul. 15, 2015

They're also lighter than MFB if I correctly remember.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - loyd87 - Jul. 15, 2015

Spriggan has 34g so there weight is similar

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Bey Brad - Jul. 17, 2015

Well, I guess we won't be getting another one of these, then ...

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Calculator Carp - Jul. 17, 2015

(Jul. 17, 2015  1:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Well, I guess we won't be getting another one of these, then ...

That was... Bey-yootiful. ;-;

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Sun - Jul. 17, 2015

After watching these videos, i still think Plastics outclass everything, battles were short and unpredictable

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Jinbee - Jul. 17, 2015

Yeah and TBH I'm actually getting less and less excited for these, I don't know why but something about it rubs be the wrong way. I'll stick to Plastics and MFB for now, but I will give these a chance when I pick them up.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Sun - Jul. 17, 2015

And did you notice most of the bey's look the same just different color it seems, whereas plastics were totally different in design

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Bey Brad - Jul. 17, 2015

(Jul. 17, 2015  2:45 AM)Sun Wrote: And did you notice most of the bey's look the same just different color it seems, whereas plastics were totally different in design

This is just untrue. There is way more variety among these than the initial plastic releases, both in design and functionality. They don't look anything alike!

And you can't judge anything from the video I just posted. It's not meant to be played in that stadium.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Jinbee - Jul. 17, 2015

(Jul. 17, 2015  2:45 AM)Sun Wrote: And did you notice most of the bey's look the same just different color it seems, whereas plastics were totally different in design

I think it's just their clear plastic, I do like the aesthetics, but I think that there's a few things make me less excited for this, the minor one is the manga, I know it's only the first episode but I'm not feeling into buying them for show purposes, something I usually do. I think another is the Beycloud stuff which I'm not that fond off TBH, yes it isn't a requirement but I always feel it is, those aren't reasons relevant to the actual spinning tops I know and I think their performance as a whole just isn't as satisfying looking as Plastics or MFB, but I'll have to try one first.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - 1234beyblade - Jul. 17, 2015

I like all the beyblade generations!!! HYPEEEE!!! haha. But this is how i would list them in favorites .-.
1st HMS (even though i only have like 6 of them i find it really fun to play at tourneys)
2nd MFB (I joined beyblade in this gen)
3rd Plastics (Platics seem like there is a lot of customization possibilities haha)
4th Bursts (They burst too much haha)
But yeah burst is 4th because it has not given me a big opinion yet since there are only 4 beys out haha. I believe that the series will be great, just like all the other bey series!

(Jul. 17, 2015  2:50 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: I like all the beyblade generations!!! HYPEEEE!!! haha. But this is how i would list them in favorites .-.
1st HMS (even though i only have like 6 of them i find it really fun to play at tourneys)
2nd MFB (I joined beyblade in this gen)
3rd Plastics (Platics seem like there is a lot of customization possibilities haha)
4th Bursts (They burst too much haha)
But yeah burst is 4th because it has not given me a big opinion yet since there are only 4 beys out haha. I believe that the series will be great, just like all the other bey series!

That is something I can definitely agree with, while Death Quetzalcoatl was my favourite beyblade of all time and came from 4D, I think HMS just looked so cool with it's simpler and almost machine like designs, and this isn't even me judging by blind nostalgia (like I said, I can't stand when people do that). Plastics were cool because they normally were unpredictable and had some nicely designed attack rings like Galeon 2 and interesting ones like Trypio.

It's funny to look back on the pages earlier in the thread and see how intensely negative my impressions were; now I feel cautiously optimistic, though there are some huge issues. Really looking forward to getting my hands on these and doing a thorough gameplay analysis, although the game's overall quality won't be discernible until we're at least six months in.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Giraton - Jul. 17, 2015

Am I the only one who enjoys the idea of these beys rattling? My only HMS bey (Gaia Dragoon MS) rattles quite a bit, and honestly I just love the sound it makes. Its like the anime when a bey is picked up and it makes a slight rattle sound. I dunno, maybe I just take sound too seriously when it comes to beyblade, them clashing sounds are just so satisfying.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Leone19 - Jul. 17, 2015

(Jul. 17, 2015  12:45 PM)Giraton Wrote: Am I the only one who enjoys the idea of these beys rattling? My only HMS bey (Gaia Dragoon MS) rattles quite a bit, and honestly I just love the sound it makes. Its like the anime when a bey is picked up and it makes a slight rattle sound. I dunno, maybe I just take sound too seriously when it comes to beyblade, them clashing sounds are just so satisfying.

Honestly I hate rattling sounds while playing because as I mostly play MFB, if you hear your top rattling you're probably not going to have a good time, haha. I'm used to rattling meaning your Face is too loose. Tongue_out

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Cannon - Jul. 17, 2015

(Jul. 17, 2015  1:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Well, I guess we won't be getting another one of these, then ...

That looks so fun! Now I want one.

RE: TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト - Kevo - Jul. 17, 2015

I just wanted to say that if anyone is interested in purchasing these, amazon seems to have every release now for a decent price. I think some sellers already have them in stock too, but i'm not too sure. Also it's the best place to pick up a burst stadium since it's so cheap.

Good catch! Dash Set is a little less than I paid to order it. Prices at Amazon seem to be the best.