World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Beyblade Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Discussion)
+--- Forum: Beyblade Anime and Manga (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Beyblade-Anime-and-Manga)
+--- Thread: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade (/Thread-Original-Beyblade-V-S-Metal-Fight-Beyblade)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Nov. 06, 2010

(Nov. 06, 2010  6:07 PM)NitroNeo89 Wrote: You really love MFB Too much again it's your choice but the thrill & energy that the old series brought is not in MFB , MFB is saved because of psycho characters like Ryuga + poison serpent guy , & ginkas dad in phoenix form & Masamune otherwise till episode 30 i thought i was watching digimon & not beyblade it was too childish & believe me it's comming from a guy who has watched all MFB Episodes , the MFB guys need too loosen up the happy feel of the series & bring some real anger & vengeance into the series & whats with the pegasis theme sound it feels like disney did the audio there
I am quite certain I could say you love Bakuten Shoot Beyblade too much as well, hah.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - NitroNeo - Nov. 06, 2010

(Nov. 06, 2010  6:31 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2010  6:07 PM)NitroNeo89 Wrote: You really love MFB Too much again it's your choice but the thrill & energy that the old series brought is not in MFB , MFB is saved because of psycho characters like Ryuga + poison serpent guy , & ginkas dad in phoenix form & Masamune otherwise till episode 30 i thought i was watching digimon & not beyblade it was too childish & believe me it's comming from a guy who has watched all MFB Episodes , the MFB guys need too loosen up the happy feel of the series & bring some real anger & vengeance into the series & whats with the pegasis theme sound it feels like disney did the audio there
I am quite certain I could say you love Bakuten Shoot Beyblade too much as well, hah.

Thats true butthats doesn't mean i hate MFB but still it make me yawn sometimes & yeah i have all three seasons of Beyblade i am currently re-watching them but one thing i would like to point out is that MFB has given us good looking high performance beys , but Bakuten Shoot Beyblade beys were awesome looking

Like they say you can teach a old dog new tricks but it's the Dog we love not the tricks think about it

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Itachi - Nov. 07, 2010

(Nov. 06, 2010  5:50 PM)ultimatebladers Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2010  7:23 PM)Itachi Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2010  7:00 PM)Dude Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2010  6:28 PM)Itachi Wrote: Don't get me started on Ryuuga. Especially his English voice.

I do agree on that one Tired The Hell was Nelvana thinking?!

But that doesn't mean Bakuten Shoot didn't have its share of bad voice actors. I take Tyson for example. So annoying...Annoying as Hell, you might say.

Exactly. I was up randomly at 7 something in the morning one time & I turned the channel to Cartoon Network. Ryuuga popped up & the only I think of was 'wtf?' I couldn't pay much attention to the actual episode because his voice irritated me so much.

Can't remember much about the voice acting in the original series but for some reason when Ray & Lee were blading Raul & Julia in G-Rev, Lee's voiced ticked me off so much. The emotion was so fake. Like it was forced. This is the English version I'm speaking of too. I mock both original & MFB because of their voice acting actually ._. David Reale as Tsubasa? His voice doesn't seem to match him at all.
i so agree with you like tsubasa voice is like kai voice but mor lighter wich riuns his voice and really in the orginal they battle like there life depends on it and how do people bleed if they beybattle

I'm gonna say this again; exactly. It's one of the main reasons why I felt the battles were alot more exciting in the original series. Both Kai vs Brooklyn battles. Both battles Kai acted like his life was on the line. Remember how jacked up he was after both matches? Kai was completely out of it after the first match. After the second match, alot of people thought he kicked the bucket. Also, it it's a bit obvious that they had David Reale be Tsubasa's voice actor on purpose. Isn't Aquila an eagle or something? Kai. Dranzer, a phoenix? Both...are bird bladers?

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - NitroNeo - Nov. 07, 2010

(Nov. 07, 2010  1:52 AM)Itachi Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2010  6:28 PM)Itachi Wrote: Don't get me started on Ryuuga. Especially his English voice.

But that doesn't mean Bakuten Shoot didn't have its share of bad voice actors. I take Tyson for example. So annoying...Annoying as Hell, you might say.

Exactly. I was up randomly at 7 something in the morning one time & I turned the channel to Cartoon Network. Ryuuga popped up & the only I think of was 'wtf?' I couldn't pay much attention to the actual episode because his voice irritated me so much.

Can't remember much about the voice acting in the original series but for some reason when Ray & Lee were blading Raul & Julia in G-Rev, Lee's voiced ticked me off so much. The emotion was so fake. Like it was forced. This is the English version I'm speaking of too. I mock both original & MFB because of their voice acting actually ._. David Reale as Tsubasa? His voice doesn't seem to match him at all.
i so agree with you like tsubasa voice is like kai voice but mor lighter wich riuns his voice and really in the orginal they battle like there life depends on it and how do people bleed if they beybattle

I'm gonna say this again; exactly. It's one of the main reasons why I felt the battles were alot more exciting in the original series. Both Kai vs Brooklyn battles. Both battles Kai acted like his life was on the line. Remember how jacked up he was after both matches? Kai was completely out of it after the first match. After the second match, alot of people thought he kicked the bucket. Also, it it's a bit obvious that they had David Reale be Tsubasa's voice actor on purpose. Isn't Aquila an eagle or something? Kai. Dranzer, a phoenix? Both...are bird bladers?

But then again they could have given his voice to gingkas dad phoenix

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Killer-Kirsty - Nov. 07, 2010

(Nov. 06, 2010  6:07 PM)NitroNeo89 Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2010  2:57 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 05, 2010  1:15 PM)KaiCro Wrote: Old series are kinda more exciting, all that fight and special effects, mfb is ok but its boring most of the time ...
You have not watched all the episodes then ... Bakuten Shoot Beyblade was not interesting in all episodes either.

You really love MFB Too much again it's your choice but the thrill & energy that the old series brought is not in MFB , MFB is saved because of psycho characters like Ryuga + poison serpent guy , & ginkas dad in phoenix form & Masamune otherwise till episode 30 i thought i was watching digimon & not beyblade it was too childish & believe me it's comming from a guy who has watched all MFB Episodes , the MFB guys need too loosen up the happy feel of the series & bring some real anger & vengeance into the series & whats with the pegasis theme sound it feels like disney did the audio there

Kai-V look, you think MFB is oh-so-superior to Bakuten Shoot and that Bakuten Shoot is rotting trash we get it already!!!! It seems no one can say anything good about Bakuten Shoot or that it is better than MFB without you slating Bakuten and no one can say anything bad about MFB or that it is worse than Bakuten Shoot without you defending MFB (well there is one thing about MFB you do not defend but that of course is Bakuten-related somewhat)

I feel as if just because you think MFB is cool you think everyone else should think the same, that is not how the world works and you need to realize and respect that there will be some who do prefer Bakuten and not jump at those who show more preference to Bakuten than MFB.

As anyone who has read this post may have already guessed I prefer the Original Beyblade (Bakuten) over MFB. Don't get me wrong I have seen a few MFB eps, I do think MFB is good and I am fond of some of the characters but from what I see it is a bit too serious for my liking and not as fun as the original. The original knew when to be fun and when to be dark. To be totally honest I just don't feel as drawn to MFB as I do Bakuten.

Anyway bottom line is both MFB and Bakuten are good in their own way but both have faults too. Neither is completely rubbish or completely perfect Cute

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Nov. 07, 2010

When people say false things like Metal Fight Beyblade not having much action at all, I want to rectify this. I just think people are judging Metal Fight Beyblade way too fast sometimes, and often just based on the dub.

Sometimes, in my opinion, the situation resembles the one with Battle Strikers : both Beyblade and Battle Strikers are different, both have extremely good points, and flaws as well. However, since people are so used to Beyblade, they will not consider any other type of spinning top game and they will think that the other is a "cheap ripoff". Just like the Battle Strikers fans (who are sometimes Beyblade fans as well like me) had to defend their side and the different but similar product they liked, fans of Metal Fight Beyblade have difficulty sometimes getting through people's nostalgia.

Obviously it might not always be the case, but sometimes arguements do not seem as valid as they could be.

(Nov. 07, 2010  5:39 PM)Kai-V Wrote: When people say false things like Metal Fight Beyblade not having much action at all, I want to rectify this. I just think people are judging Metal Fight Beyblade way too fast sometimes, and often just based on the dub.

Maybe it is because there isn't enough action from that individual's point of view, each person has their own way of seeing things and their own view on what is enough action to them.

If they are judging on the dub maybe the pronunciation inconsistencies don't help...wait you said that the dub has no cuts if so judging on the dub is pretty much the same as judging on subs except for the voices.
(Nov. 07, 2010  5:39 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Just like the Battle Strikers fans (who are sometimes Beyblade fans as well like me) had to defend their side and the different but similar product they liked, fans of Metal Fight Beyblade have difficulty sometimes getting through people's nostalgia.

Obviously it might not always be the case, but sometimes arguements do not seem as valid as they could be.

What difficulty? Saying that we prefer Bakuten over MFB? Or you mean the type that say "MFB SUX!!111"?

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Nov. 07, 2010

(Nov. 07, 2010  6:02 PM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: Maybe it is because there isn't enough action from that individual's point of view, each person has their own way of seeing things and their own view on what is enough action to them.

If they are judging on the dub maybe the pronunciation inconsistencies don't help...wait you said that the dub has no cuts if so judging on the dub is pretty much the same as judging on subs except for the voices.
Some judge only with the voices, yes, and for them those voices give the characters a different personality than what is really meant, and perhaps it makes them not appreciate other things because they are distracted by what they consider horrible voices. Some also do not realise how good some of the voices actually are, and for them almost every voice in Beyblade Metal Fusion is bad.

(Nov. 07, 2010  6:02 PM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: What difficulty? Saying that we prefer Bakuten over MFB? Or you mean the type that say "MFB SUX!!111"?
Some people really just write "i prefer the good ol' series, the new one just doesn't cut it for me", while I am not sure they even gave it that much of a chance.

(Nov. 07, 2010  6:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Some judge only with the voices, yes, and for them those voices give the characters a different personality than what is really meant, and perhaps it makes them not appreciate other things because they are distracted by what they consider horrible voices. Some also do not realise how good some of the voices actually are, and for them almost every voice in Beyblade Metal Fusion is bad.

OK that is a fair enough point, I mean in the Bakuten dub there were some voices I just couldn't stand but it didn't stop me from appreciating the other things in it.

(Nov. 07, 2010  6:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Some people really just write "i prefer the good ol' series, the new one just doesn't cut it for me", while I am not sure they even gave it that much of a chance.

They may not want to go into detail or they may not have given it chance or they are judging by commercials I dunno really

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Wraith - Nov. 07, 2010

I prefer MFB, because it seems to have much better characters than Bakuten. I've been told that I haven't got good taste and I'm stupid because G-Revolution is waaaaaayyyy better. I don't care about the dub or anything. What I focus on is the plot & characters. You see, it has the best plot of all those shows, like Pokemon, Chaotic and Bakugan. In case you don't know what the similarities are, they all advertise while trying to enjoy fans and make money by drawing in new ones. Yes, BeyBlade doesn't do this particularly well, but all the main characters are much better then your average Anime-aimed-at-kids-but-is-enjoyed-by-teenagers-and-adults, Dan/Naruto/Ash/ are the same character! Same could be said for Sasuke/Shun/Rival (Pokemon)! Ginga is stereotypical main character and stereotypical rival at once. Tetsuya is a madman. Kenta is a wimp to begin with, then becomes a good Blader. The only disappointing character is Madoka, which is a typical anime girl, and all she does is sit on the sidelines, helping out a bit.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Itachi - Nov. 07, 2010

(Nov. 07, 2010  7:01 AM)NitroNeo89 Wrote:
(Nov. 07, 2010  1:52 AM)Itachi Wrote:

But then again they could have given his voice to gingkas dad phoenix

I thought the same aswell. Maybe they thought it wouldn't fit? At least from their prespective. But I don't really care much.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Annoying-Fork - Nov. 08, 2010

Bakuten/Original: I still think about this series and the original systems, but looking now, it'd be more awesome of the basic system was more sized like HMS and twice as resistant to damage.

Metal Fight/Fusion: Very interesting, but I feel as if the morality lessons are too emphasized DESPITE the fact that no one in the original series remained laid-back.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - dyenguard - Nov. 08, 2010

It seems as though MFB has no fillers at all in the first 20 episodes... there is always something important going on

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - NitroNeo - Nov. 08, 2010

After seeing two Canadian chicks argue for their fav tv show lol , i can only say it's the little dudes who bother about the voice i seen MFB in English Ep 1-34 & Jap 33-82 so yeah i prefer Japanese as the voices feel according to their gender & stern , English feels like mocking the Japanese anime but it has been always there in any dubbed anime i don't hate MFB but i don't like it because of the fact that it fails to suck a 18 + kid into it's storyline common i am 21 & i expected wow a new Bey series i wonder how cool animals are gonna be in this one i heard there was a dragon but sadly after seeing lightning l-dragos purple dragon i thought Strata Dragoon was better or hell cyber dragoon even , i was only pleased on seeing the red majestical Meteo L-dragp , most of the guys don't like Hourses as the hero it would be better if they had shown Gingka With Gargoyle or something

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Byser - Nov. 08, 2010

(Nov. 08, 2010  11:15 AM)NitroNeo89 Wrote: After seeing two Canadian chicks argue for their fav tv show lol , i can only say it's the little dudes who bother about the voice i seen MFB in English Ep 1-34 & Jap 33-82 so yeah i prefer Japanese as the voices feel according to their gender & stern , English feels like mocking the Japanese anime but it has been always there in any dubbed anime i don't hate MFB but i don't like it because of the fact that it fails to suck a 18 + kid into it's storyline common i am 21 & i expected wow a new Bey series i wonder how cool animals are gonna be in this one i heard there was a dragon but sadly after seeing lightning l-dragos purple dragon i thought Strata Dragoon was better or hell cyber dragoon even , i was only pleased on seeing the red majestical Meteo L-dragp , most of the guys don't like Hourses as the hero it would be better if they had shown Gingka With Gargoyle or something

It's aimed at children so they'll buy the toy...Why should you expect it to suck older people in?

And I happen to like Ginga with Pegasis. Much more than with a Gargoyle.

It's ok like i said it's everyone's choice but a horse really doesn't terrify a opponent otherwise a dragon or a tiger would really get into the minds of opponents in the show

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Nov. 08, 2010

(Nov. 08, 2010  3:10 PM)NitroNeo89 Wrote: It's ok like i said it's everyone's choice but a horse really doesn't terrify a opponent otherwise a dragon or a tiger would really get into the minds of opponents in the show
Obviously the goal of Pegasis is not to terrify the opponent at all ... Ginga's wishes are pure most of the time, he is a good person, not a ruthless Blader or something. That is what the whole series is more or less about ... In games, you do not need to terrify the opponent all the time at all.

Also, as mentioned, the target audience is really not you, or me for that matter.

(Nov. 08, 2010  3:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2010  3:10 PM)NitroNeo89 Wrote: It's ok like i said it's everyone's choice but a horse really doesn't terrify a opponent otherwise a dragon or a tiger would really get into the minds of opponents in the show
Obviously the goal of Pegasis is not to terrify the opponent at all ... Ginga's wishes are pure most of the time, he is a good person, not a ruthless Blader or something. That is what the whole series is more or less about ... In games, you do not need to terrify the opponent all the time at all.

Also, as mentioned, the target audience is really not you, or me for that matter.

Yeah i get what you say but then again Tyson had a terrifying Dragon but he was a pure kind person too like Gingka but more fun to hang out with for his friends like Max , Kai or Kenny or Even Hillary who secretly loves him , Madoka doesn't even has a thing for Gingka she has only one crush

& I Quote Madoka >>>

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Alekesi-Kunnnnn Ooooo !!!!!

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Kai-V - Nov. 08, 2010

(Nov. 08, 2010  5:12 PM)NitroNeo89 Wrote: Yeah i get what you say but then again Tyson had a terrifying Dragon but he was a pure kind person too like Gingka but more fun to hang out with for his friends like Max , Kai or Kenny or Even Hillary who secretly loves him , Madoka doesn't even has a thing for Gingka she has only one crush

& I Quote Madoka >>>

Takao was more of a stubborn person though. I do think Ginga's friends "have fun hanging out with him" as well ... Futhermore, they are twelve-year-old kids, sometimes even younger : how can you seriously expect and want relationships ? In Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, there are no real relationships either, except for Mao and Rei at the end of the manga.

(Nov. 08, 2010  5:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2010  5:12 PM)NitroNeo89 Wrote: Yeah i get what you say but then again Tyson had a terrifying Dragon but he was a pure kind person too like Gingka but more fun to hang out with for his friends like Max , Kai or Kenny or Even Hillary who secretly loves him , Madoka doesn't even has a thing for Gingka she has only one crush

& I Quote Madoka >>>

Takao was more of a stubborn person though. I do think Ginga's friends "have fun hanging out with him" as well ... Futhermore, they are twelve-year-old kids, sometimes even younger : how can you seriously expect and want relationships ? In Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, there are no real relationships either, except for Mao and Rei at the end of the manga.

Hillary Behaves as if she likes Tyson

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Dude - Nov. 08, 2010

(Nov. 08, 2010  5:17 PM)Kai-V Wrote: In Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, there are no real relationships either, except for Mao and Rei at the end of the manga.

C'mon, you're destroying all of the yaoi fan fic writers' hopes. That's just cruel.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - dyenguard - Nov. 09, 2010

[/quote]
[/quote]

This may be true, but characters like benkei and kyoya are 13 at the beginning of the series, so some of them should at least be 14 by the end of the whole "Battle bladers" tournament.

edit* apparently I messed up on the quote thing

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - Flosal - Nov. 09, 2010

^^^^ According to the dub, which may be wrong, the whole battle bladers thing was about 3 months to earn points, and about 4-5 days the whole tournament. Calculating the time of the show, probably all the 1st season took what could be around 4 months, unless someone has a birthday there, which would be strange since that happened only once in all beybladade to the moment, and im talking about BSB.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - ƛnubis - Nov. 24, 2010

MFB by far i just don't live how everybody always bashes it.

RE: Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade - §ΣρΔΓΛτξΦζÞιΠΞ - Nov. 26, 2010

Honestly, as ridiculous as it sounds, the only thing that I can't stand about the MFB anime is how short Kenta and Yuu are.

Hobby-wise, MFB doesn't upgrade the Beyblades of the characters as often as Bakuten did which is kind of disappointing in my opinion. I would love to see a new Leone with ENTIRELY new parts, Sagittario, Bull, etc. I do understand the pre-HWS system to HWS system shift and all; however, I would still like to see an upgrade in all of the Beyblades that we were introduced to in the beginning of the series. Perhaps I'm impatient, but we're on the second season of MFB and the only Beyblades that have "upgraded" have been Storm Pegasus -> Galaxy Pegasus and Lightning L-Drago to Meteo L-Drago.

In my perspective, there just isn't as much diversity to these new Beyblades as there had been in Bakuten, but again, I understand that it's quite early to pass such judgment.

And the "L" in "L-Drago" bothers the living hell out of me.

All in all, MFB is a beautiful new direction that Beyblade has taken. The actual gameplay is much more intense, while the anime is just as melodramatic. Comparing the two on terms of which one is better overall just can't be done for me; both have their fortes and low-points.

OFF-TOPIC: Has anyone noticed that Ginga bears a striking resemblance to the protagonist of Crash B-Daman?