World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread (/Thread-Cardfight-Vanguard-Discussion-thread)

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Sep. 19, 2013

(Sep. 17, 2013  9:06 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: Jim
My friend used ethics reverse over ethics. It s a monster.

One thing I would like to point out is, because the meta for Japanese was very 13k centric at one point, bt10 with the introduction of break rides brought it down to 11 again. And now due to the re introduction of cross rides, its still 11k oriented to be honest. 16k columns still work cos the crossride skill still mostly kick in only rather late game.

That's because of Break Rides, right? Unless you can somehow bring the key card into the soul without wasting the Break Ride effect on that card (unless you're Daiheart), I can only see Break Rides being used with the crossrides. The exceptions thus far are /Eradicator, Vowing Sword Dragon/ and /Beast Deity, Ethics Buster/ to their crossride (and Reverse) counterparts to Cross-Break Ride.

I mean, you'd want the Break Ride to go through. So you would run 4 max to guarantee getting the Break Ride unit out by turn 3. Then you would want max of your main unit, the Crossride, so where does that leave the base unit? You'd either need to run two of it and go for 10 G3s or take it out completely, because going 12 G3s will leave you with a Morikawa deck.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 19, 2013

To be honest the breakride effect is just a side bonus.

What made the game change was legion/archetype based decks themselves(bt10 onwards). The effects and combos they had were enough to shut down most decks... Example would be gauntlet descendent combo...

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Sep. 19, 2013

this mourning, i have had officially the best game i will ever have. i was using link joker against a shadow paladin beta illdona and i was grade stuck at 1 for 3-4 turns, and due to my trigger drawing i was able to survive. once i got to grade 3 it was my break ride and i had one more in my hand. i was at 4 and so was my opponent, we both had already healed once. so i locked his field twice and we both stayed alive for a few more turns by knocking off a few more heals. unfortunately for him he was drawing allot of cards but could attack much. as such, he ran out of cards with him at 5 damage and me at 3. all heals were used that game for both decks, no drawing them.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 19, 2013

Link Joker's Lock mechanic is something very terrifying if you add on expansions from BT12 and BT13 (especially 13 since they have Chaos Breaker and Colony Maker).

IMO, Link Joker seems to be a very defensive late game build. Locking 2 cards or more continuously almost always secures a win without triggers involve especially if you have Nebula Lord at the VG. His power up on RG with stands triggers in your trigger lineup is crazy. Locking your opponent field just gives you more chances to survive since he cant use a whole column to attack you with which saves cards in the long run. My recent locals had Chaos Breaker topping the usual weekend tourney. Its lock/draw/retirement is just crazy and almost too broken when combo with Infinite Zero... I'm not surprised that Bushi had to emphasize on self standing VGs now just to churn out more attacks =\

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Sep. 22, 2013

(Sep. 19, 2013  7:24 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: Link Joker's Lock mechanic is something very terrifying if you add on expansions from BT12 and BT13 (especially 13 since they have Chaos Breaker and Colony Maker).

IMO, Link Joker seems to be a very defensive late game build. Locking 2 cards or more continuously almost always secures a win without triggers involve especially if you have Nebula Lord at the VG. His power up on RG with stands triggers in your trigger lineup is crazy. Locking your opponent field just gives you more chances to survive since he cant use a whole column to attack you with which saves cards in the long run. My recent locals had Chaos Breaker topping the usual weekend tourney. Its lock/draw/retirement is just crazy and almost too broken when combo with Infinite Zero... I'm not surprised that Bushi had to emphasize on self standing VGs now just to churn out more attacks =\

works for me cause I plan on running armor break, if they lock my front row, they don't go boom with my opponent's

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Sep. 22, 2013

Oh god, Armor Break. That is a real gambit you're pulling there, because the cost for that unit is amazingly huge. 3 CB and 3 discards to retire the front row, gain 2 stages, and a total of 3 crits.

The problem with that is that it's a late-game crit boost that can't self-stand (unlike Descendant) and is a -1 overall net gain. If your opponent is expecting that by late game, they can easily PG it and null those 3 crits. And if they lock your intercepts or other attackers, then a PG is all they need to survive the round. Note that you are in late game, 4 to 5 damage. Say 2 or more of your units have been locked. You can't attack more if you don't have enough RG Power or enough attackers, and you just killed 3 cards of defense for a failed gambit. granted, 2 cards from Twin Drive, but that's not enough to defend from a full field.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 23, 2013

(Sep. 22, 2013  8:42 AM)Axel Phantom Wrote: works for me cause I plan on running armor break, if they lock my front row, they don't go boom with my opponent's
Big gamble there but it may work in lowering their hand for a turn. However chaos breaker retires after the lock is done and he gets to draw per card retired when the cost is paid during limit break.

Prior to BT13 link joker could only lock with either a very high cost or just late game. Chaos breaker however can lock almost immediately upon riding giving him an early game advantage.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Thunder Dome - Sep. 24, 2013

I'm glad td08 and 09 are coming out soon. I'll probably get 1-2 Eradicator starter decks since at the point it will be a few weeks and they will get some support. I'm waiting for Liberators to have support (bt10) before buying any. Is Armor Break Dragon worth running before Link Jokers come out? I heard it does pretty good against them because of the rear guards our locked, they can't be destroyed by his ability. Although right now it seems risky to use it when it first comes out in English because you wipe out some of your field so no intercepts when your opponent attacks. And then your opponent can easily use a perfect guard and no more attacks. Just wanted some of the more advanced players to answer this.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Sep. 24, 2013

....Can you please clarify that?

First off, Armor Break requires that by late game, you CB 3 and discard 3. 3 Cards, 3 potential shields, from your hand. You gain +2 stages and 2 late-game crits, which I said before can be easily blocked by a Perfect Guard and be rendered moot if you can't restand the VG. Yeah, retire the enemy intercepts, but by that point, you'd have been lock-fested like crazy that losing a few units on their field won't matter much because you can hardly defend until the end of your turn (and then when their turn comes again, it's "ROKKU" all over again.

Just because your units are "protected" when they are locked, do not forget this: Lock does not wear off until the end of the locked unit(s)' owner's turn. So by the end of your turn, after using Armor Break, your units are un-Locked, but your LJ opponents will just lock them again.

The only problem is that, like Psyborg said, that BT12 costs for locking are high. The main VG of BT12 for LJ is Nebula Lord Dragon, as it's not reliable to use the Schwarzchild Ride-Chain. The counterblast is 2 for 1 locked card. Dust Tail Unicorn, however, is a Counterblast 1 for 1 locked card when there is a locked unit on the opponent's field. That already is 3 CB for 2 lock. With One Who Shoots Gravitational Singularities or Mobius Breath Dragon, that also makes 3 locks for 3 CB. With Infinite Zero, that's a total of 5 locks for 3 CB, but 3 CB is already a high cost for just one turn, especially if LJ does not have a unflipping engine.

So yeah, take this as you will, because I got lost half way through, and i'm just waiting for someone to either further this or correct this.

But no, Armor Break is too high of a risk because of losing 3 shields for an intercept wipe. Even if your units were locked, with costless lockers like Mobius Dragon, that won't last very long, and you can't expect to Armor Break twice.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Thunder Dome - Sep. 24, 2013

Thanks for answering. I'm sorry it was pretty confusing. I'll try to work on that next time I ask a question.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Sep. 24, 2013

(Sep. 24, 2013  1:42 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: ....Can you please clarify that?

First off, Armor Break requires that by late game, you CB 3 and discard 3. 3 Cards, 3 potential shields, from your hand. You gain +2 stages and 2 late-game crits, which I said before can be easily blocked by a Perfect Guard and be rendered moot if you can't restand the VG. Yeah, retire the enemy intercepts, but by that point, you'd have been lock-fested like crazy that losing a few units on their field won't matter much because you can hardly defend until the end of your turn (and then when their turn comes again, it's "ROKKU" all over again.

Just because your units are "protected" when they are locked, do not forget this: Lock does not wear off until the end of the locked unit(s)' owner's turn. So by the end of your turn, after using Armor Break, your units are un-Locked, but your LJ opponents will just lock them again.

The only problem is that, like Psyborg said, that BT12 costs for locking are high. The main VG of BT12 for LJ is Nebula Lord Dragon, as it's not reliable to use the Schwarzchild Ride-Chain. The counterblast is 2 for 1 locked card. Dust Tail Unicorn, however, is a Counterblast 1 for 1 locked card when there is a locked unit on the opponent's field. That already is 3 CB for 2 lock. With One Who Shoots Gravitational Singularities or Mobius Breath Dragon, that also makes 3 locks for 3 CB. With Infinite Zero, that's a total of 5 locks for 3 CB, but 3 CB is already a high cost for just one turn, especially if LJ does not have a unflipping engine.

So yeah, take this as you will, because I got lost half way through, and i'm just waiting for someone to either further this or correct this.

But no, Armor Break is too high of a risk because of losing 3 shields for an intercept wipe. Even if your units were locked, with costless lockers like Mobius Dragon, that won't last very long, and you can't expect to Armor Break twice.

while I can see the issues behind the high cost it is still something I fully intend to play around with it some just for the fact if they do not have a null guard more than likely they are screwed even if you are behind in damage
(and if for whatever reason you can limit break at turn 3, with a bit if luck you could go and wipe them out)

its the idea behind this ultimate gambit that makes me want to try it, not to mention armor break being only a RR, plus its high cost that should make it quite cheap(gotta love budget decks), aaaaaaand its a total beast if you manage to get one in the draft

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Sep. 24, 2013

Oh god, are you kidding? You should NEVER aim to for Limit Break at all! If you can activate Limit Break by Turn 3, you literally just brought yourself 2 damage from game over! WHy would you even DO that?! You shouldn't even RELY on Limit Break, but view it as a necessity by Late Game! You should never bring yourself to Late Game so early on, or you'll just lose out quicker.

The reason why I say that they might have Perfect Guards because by Late Game, there is a higher chance that they will have a perfect guard if they haven't damaged it or ridden it. The later the game, the more you milled your deck into one of 4 perfect guards in your deck, and you should ALWAYS consider that an option.

The whole mentality of "playstyles" is such as half-bollock term because you're determining that the way you yourself plays will carry you through the game, ignoring deck types and abilities based on builds. It's an idealistic term that states, "It'll be okay so long as I know how to play" instead of "I can win if this deck actually has the ability to win."

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Axel Phantom - Sep. 26, 2013

(Sep. 24, 2013  7:12 AM)Rustled Jimmies Wrote: Oh god, are you kidding? You should NEVER aim to for Limit Break at all! If you can activate Limit Break by Turn 3, you literally just brought yourself 2 damage from game over! WHy would you even DO that?! You shouldn't even RELY on Limit Break, but view it as a necessity by Late Game! You should never bring yourself to Late Game so early on, or you'll just lose out quicker.

The reason why I say that they might have Perfect Guards because by Late Game, there is a higher chance that they will have a perfect guard if they haven't damaged it or ridden it. The later the game, the more you milled your deck into one of 4 perfect guards in your deck, and you should ALWAYS consider that an option.

The whole mentality of "playstyles" is such as half-bollock term because you're determining that the way you yourself plays will carry you through the game, ignoring deck types and abilities based on builds. It's an idealistic term that states, "It'll be okay so long as I know how to play" instead of "I can win if this deck actually has the ability to win."

dude chill, I'm not saying it its the best, and it might not necessarily even work the way im thinking but its something I plan on messing around with, seriously, what is your problem? do you have something against anyone using cards that are not "the best" or something? because I do recall mentioning(although offhandedly) that this is a budget deck so obviously descendant and gauntlet buster are not an option

edit: the great uses for armor break I mentioned are obviously situational at best, but they are situations I see commonly when playing, that's why I mentioned it, pardon my bad wording if you assumed I thought that those were things that happen every single game but you don't have to take an attitude with me because I visualize and plan differently than you do even if I am wrong, I still prefer to work things out myself so that they do work
that's just how I do things

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Sep. 27, 2013

But there are better ways to go around a budget deck. Optimal budget decks. Granted, budget decks are not supposed to grant you a winning scheme in the competitive field, there are still better options for a budget deck. Especially if you have the ability to test them compared to different builds. Reason being, decks shouldn't be made for "playstyles" but for optimal ability. If you feel you know how to use a deck with specific units in it other than suggested "netdecks" that can grant the same leverage of winning percentage without a change or deviation from the original designs, then that's good. But relying solely on something with a greater or less chance of success is never the best start.

Keep in mind that while Narukami, like Kagero, has an unflipping engine, it can't be used optimally with Armor Break BECAUSE of the situation you'd be putting yourself in. Garuda has the ability to unflip by making the attack hit, but it IS a G2, meaning it is a primarily a front-row RG. And if you studied on Armor Break's effect, you're also incurring a minusy-wrath. Even in a budget deck, a deck itself that gambits on a huge minus is not even a deck to be considered. Look at your options: You activate Armor Break's LB late game. Aside from the cost of 3 CB, you discard 3 Narukami. Then you lose 2 of your front-row RG. That is -5. Minus. 5. Say you had a sizable hand. You activate the LB while you have no front RGs. Okay, so yo make the opponent -2. Then you place two front RGs after. You -3 from the cost, but then you still -2 from your hand, which is still less guard than before. With Armor Break's Twin Drive, your overall becomes a -3 in both situations. The difference is that you have more attacks, but look at the situation in two ways

A: If you had lost your two RGs, the opponent either retired one, both, or the first one while you intercepted with your other. Had you not a sizable hand like I mentioned (Narukami doesn't exactly specialize in that as much as Kagero and Tachikaze, btw), you would not be able to recover.
B: If you still kept your RGs, would you really want to sacrifice your additional attackers for an effect that depends on one lone attack that could easily be blocked while the opponent knows you don't have anything to back it up with? A situation like this means they could easily Final Turn you right then and there.

And I'm not exactly taking an attitude with you. Maybe my use of punctuation has been poor judgement at best that lead to a misunderstanding, but think about it. You're basing your deck on the idea of one card with nothing to back it up.

And if you think, "I prefer to work things out myself", why bother asking advice in the first place? That's like being on this site for Beyblades and saying, "Torch is the best wheel ever." You have the facts, you have the advice, you have the evidence written out by other people, but you blow us off like we're wrong because we "think differently than you". This isn't a place to show off ideas based on idealistic conjecture, if you've ever seen the Beyblade reviews and stuff here. You test, you research, you back it up. The standard for any hobby game. If we had Beys or decks based on pure ideas based on how we do things, then we might as well stop discussing about theories and label our facts as opinions.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Sep. 27, 2013

Axel: if your making a budget deck, why with this? the current best budget deck at the moment is tachikaze, especially with the next set. the tachi deck because of null guards alone, is almost half the price of any complete (4 nulls + key cards = complete [well, i do think 1 or 2 decks don't need 4 nulls but..]) narukami deck. also, risky is not good, if you build a deck around certain situations, chances are a good player will see this quite quickly and use it to their advantage, not good. you do not want a deck that can be read like a book and countered. now, if you are playing in casual matches, that's fine, you can do whatever you want, but competitive games require the best, and if your going budget, you need to find what works in the environment of current play that is not used often or somehow is cheep. as a budget player you can't test very well, so relying on the words of others is required, that's why you ask and you take answers to heart.

@Jimmies: i see where you are coming from and i agree completely, but you need to write less. seriously your last 3 posts are massive for something directed at one person. a clear precise post is better than a rant.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Sep. 27, 2013

You can't explain with shortcuts. The purpose is to cut the conversations short as to not plague the thread with an on-going and possibly unproductive conversation. If you keep putting short posts that doesn't explain enough, then it'll drag on the conversation. Best to say it all out at once than drag it on.

Also, Dungaree is probably a good idea for a non-Eradicator Budget deck. Rumble-Gun is the Narukami answer to Dragon Monk Goku, which, in the beginning of English Vanguard, was a pretty good deck due to its chance but costless retiring ability. Use Rumble-Gun as your Early Game Vanguard to flush out any G3s you have and retire the enemy boosters. When you get a Dungaree, ride it ASAP. By Late Game, the retiring ability makes it hard for the opponent to recover when guarding is of the utmost importance. So have them contend with Dungaree's 11k, and when the time is right, un-bind your last card to retire them into oblivion. Make it worse by comboing with other retiring engines such as Dragonic Deathscythe to cripple them so they can't even hurt your 9k VG (Dungaree will be 9k when the cards are unbound).

I see this is my Narukami solution to my Goku-Lawkeeper deck, but a bit of a difference. Can't explain it because I'm busy doing homework, though.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 30, 2013

Chaos Breaker is honestly freaking broken. I dont even know where to begin. I have never felt how a single card can be so broken. Its not even on the level of Cross rides or DOTE. Those still need another card or another copy of itself to actually work out. Chaos Breaker just "works".

I dont see any direct counter to it at the moment. It is not even a deck which requires remarkable skill to use.

To make it worst, this came up:

http://bushiroad.fm/post/en/2788/Chaos+Breaker+Dragon.html#comment-16822

Honestly, Im lost on what to do. It is not even about his limit break anymore

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Sep. 30, 2013

I wanna say that it is not broken atm, but the effect is still pretty devestating. Assuming you break rode witg Chaos Dragon, you would have 3 units in your soul: break ride, g2, and g1, like one of the guys said. There is no soul engine, so it isn't unbeatable. But retiring 3 is hard to come back with in late game.

While it does free up the rg circle, by late game you cant afford to call more units unless you are royal or gold paladin because superior call from deck goodness.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Oct. 01, 2013

Do not look at the effects on surface level. Basically this guy can pretty much ensure you would only be giving 2 attacks or less per turn given the proper setup from round 3.

Majority of VG mechanics are very RG dependent. Nova requiring RG to give its stand effects to, RP and GP with superior calling, AQF with the multiple attack formations, Tachi with the cost paying retirement and hence forth. Chaos Breaker is able to control nearly all of those.

By restricting the RG circle from the turn Chaos Breaker appears, his field control is not like that of Kagero/Narukami/Megacolony. The units are locked there for a turn and he easily relocks them with Palladium and continues locking another unit. Your field being stuck with just a VG and what ever card advantage you get is continuously being used to guard while he saves hand. As late game progresses, he just retires them all. He doesnt even need the break ride. Not to mention Lanthanum (with 1 lock) and Radon is easily a 3 stage attack (21K column).

His cost may not be low, but considering that all he needs is 1CB and drop 1 card to lock, he effectively removes one complete attacking column. Late game, where shields required are usually 10 to 15K per column (sometimes more), all he does is pay an early cost and not get hit by them. And he draws late game by retiring them.

And you mention soul engine, its not about the retirement only. Its the locking. Read the link I posted. At the unlock phase, he can relock a unit and STILL SOUL BLAST to draw 1. Since it happens at the end phase, he can simply re ride Infinite Zero and re ride another LJ G3 afterwards like Nebula for the finisher. Its absurdly defensive. You will be using up what ever cards you have on your hand as shields since you cant put them down. Problem was never retirement. Its the absurd continuous lock he pulls off. Narukami/Eradicators does a way better job at mass retirement than anything I know at the moment.

As for the Paladin's re-population, provided there is still enough CB, he can simply just guard them all because after those many rounds of locking, he saves cards from guarding less per turn (remember the locking one whole column?). And proceeds to locking those too and drag the match further on.

Its really a unique mechanic. Its very difficult to explain it well either because it is not that straightforward.

tl;dr all he needs to do is just lock one front RG and pretty much screws up most of the combos out there.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Thunder Dome - Oct. 07, 2013

I went to my first tournament today (not counting booster draft). There was 8 people, we did Swiss and I went 1-2. The clans were
First place:Zeal
Second:Bermuda
The rest in no particular order
Royal (Garmore, SSD, Palamedees)
Gold (Me, Pellinore Garmore build)
Dark irregulars (Amon, Abyss)
Angel feather (forgot the build)
Spike bros (Dudley emperor)
Bermuda

I barely lost to the royal player. If he didn't get a trigger I would have won. Next I lost to the Bermuda played who got second. Lost first round and got double critted next game at 3 damage. Then swept the other Bermuda player. I won the first round and I only had 3 damage (couldn't use limit break) and then I won with 4 damage. Pretty fun tournament.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Oct. 10, 2013

As you guys may have already known, Extra Booster 8: Champions of the Galaxy and Extra Booster 9: Divine Dragon Progression will be released November 15th in the same manner as Extra Boosters 4 and 5. If you can probably tell, 8 focuses on Nova Grapplers and 9 focuses on Kagero, mainly manga Kagero. Let us discuss about these for a second if you do not know.

The key point for Extra Boooster 8 is the new legion: Blau. Technically, the Blau series has been around since BT04, but it wasn't until now that they have their own legions. They are kind of like a sub-Legion, similar to that of Battle Sisters as they do not have triggers. And while fewer, unlike Battle Sisters, they have their own Breakride and Crossride.

The crossride is called Galaxy Blaukluger. As you may have guess, this is a Crossride for one of NG's greatest non-meta Vanguards, Stern Blaukluger. It's effect is as such:
[AUTO](VC) Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):[Counter Blast (2) & Choose two «Nova Grappler» from your hand, and discard them] When an attack by your vanguard or rear-guard with "Blau" in its card name hits, if it is the first unit with "Blau" in its card name that hits a vanguard during that turn, you may pay the cost. If you do, [Stand] all of your units in the same column as this unit.

By -2, you can restand it WITHOUT losing Twin Drive unlike its predecessor. AND still get a boost. However, it has to be the first unit with "Blau" that hits the Vanguard. That being said, it offers a form of pressure. Generally, on-hit affects force your opponent to drop down guards to make sure the debilitating effects of the units do not go off. In this case, it gives the opponent a choice. Most of these Blau units have these "on-hit" effects. That includes Mars Blaukluger and Pluto Blaukluger. If your opponent is riddled with these effects, they would have to choose which effects to let hit. Galaxy Blau forces the opponent to decide whether or not Galaxy Blau should or should not be the first hit. At the same time, they will be forced to drop as many guards to ensure their Damage Zone is empty or few or take a damage. In hindsight, blocking Galaxy Blau is ideal, but the opponent would definitely not be getting away without a scratch a turn.

.The Blau BreakRide is called Mont Blaukluger/. As you may get, it's a BreakRide, meaning it gives the standard +2 stages. But here is its effect:
[AUTO] Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage): When a «Nova Grappler» rides this unit, choose your vanguard, and until end of turn, that unit gets [Power]+10000 and "[AUTO](VC):[Counter Blast (1)] When this unit attacks a vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, [Stand] all of your «Nova Grappler» rear-guards.".

Again, on-hit pressure. And another reason to make sure Galaxy Blau doesn't hit. But with +2 stages and another +2 from a boost (11 + 10 + 8k or 10k if you run Dancing Wolf) nets you a pretty toasty Stage 4 that by late game, they'd either have to PG you from the get-go or take the hit (and nets you a pretty good situation of letting Galaxy hit first). 5 stages worth of guards, and even then that's nothing to mess with because the chance of getting a trigger can still make it hit. It's PG or bust. Attack with Galaxy first and use ITS effect first. Restand, attack with RGs and Galaxy last. It will still have its 29k, btw, so it'll be hard to block it without dropping 5 stages of guards again. If it hits, use Mont's effect and restand your RGs. 6 attacks, each ranging from Stage 2 to 3 if done right.

All this for a cost of 3CB and -2 from the hand in one turn. If you have Mars Blau and your Galaxy that is bound to hit hits, use Mars' effect to restand it and get the +1 stage. That way, after Mont stands all your RGs, you can at least aim for an additional Stage 2 and Stage 3 attacks.

-------

Next up is Kagero. While not the first Clan to have a G4, Kagero is the first clan to have a PERMANENT G4 after Great Nature's temporary Silvest. Transcendence Dragon, Dragonic Nouvelle Vague is a horrendous monster of a Vanguard with a permanent 13k standard (not by Crossride effect) and 3 mind-numbing effects:
[ACT](VC) Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):[Counter Blast (3) & Soul Blast (3) & Choose a card named "Transcendence Dragon, Dragonic Nouvelle Vague" from your hand, and discard it] Retire all of your opponent's rear-guards.
[CONT](VC)Grinuring your turn, the effects of your opponent's triggers are negated.
[CONT](VC)Grinuring a battle that this unit attacks a vanguard, your opponent cannot normal call grade 0 units to (GC) from his or her hand.

So, on your turn, your opponent's Damage Checks are rendered null. Vague runs with a Silent Tom effect, making your opponent barely guard a 13k behemoth. And to top it off, with a cost of 3 CB, SB, and 1 Persona Blast, you can absolutely nuke your opponent's field. Now, this isn't like Nubatama where you can Bind your opponent's field (Shura Stealth Dragon, Kabukicongo), where they come back. These guys are gone; bing, bang, boom. This is by late game, mind you. But late game, your opponent will be so carped up that they cannot strike back. Combined with the Silent Tom affect, Nouvelle Vague is one of the most dangerous units since Dragonic Overlord, The End. Even worse, it can run in the same deck as The End, but can be interchanged. You either choose the The End route or the Nouvelle Vague route. And why waste such a tasty opportunity?

Nouvelle Vague comes with support cards, Nouvelle Roman Dragon, Nouvelle Critic Dragon, and Dragon Knight, Ashgal.

Ashgal is a 7k booster that, when placed behind Vague, can reach up to Stage 3 in one boost. Critic Dragon is similar to that of Berserk Dragon, but instead of a CB of 2, it's a CB of 1 and revealing Nouvelle in your hand. If you know what Berserk Dragon does, then knowing its effect is pretty elementary.

What you have to watch out for is Roman Dragon.

Most Kagero players would opt to run Lizard Soldier, Conroe to search for any Grade 1 without having to look at the top five cards or anything. It is a limitless searcher. That is what Roman is. For the cost of sending a Vague from your hand back into your deck (note you will only be running 4), you can search for ANY Grade 3 or higher unit in your deck and add them to your hand. This then decreases your chances of missing a Grade 3 ride. Say you're at Grade 2 now. You call Roman. You have Vague but not a G3? You're better off trading Vague to get any G3 you want. A Vague deck, it'd probably be Dauntless or The End.

There are more cards that need to be revealed in both sets, and when they are, I will try to cover them.

Don't forget that these are Clan boosters, so there will be reprints. Among them include Clay-doll Mechanic, Bellicosity Dragon, Berserk Dragon (a TD02 exclusive), Lizard Soldier Conroe, and the Blau Ride Chain.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Oct. 10, 2013

ok on the case of galaxy blaukluger:
[AUTO](VC) Limit Break 4 (This ability is active if you have four or more damage):[Counter Blast (2) & Choose two «Nova Grappler» from your hand, and discard them] When an attack by your vanguard or rear-guard with "Blau" in its card name hits, if it is the first unit with "Blau" in its card name that hits a vanguard during that turn, you may pay the cost. If you do, [Stand] all of your units in the same column as this unit.

out of what i got out of your post, you said this needs to attack first and hit first. however (if you mean this im just clarifying), galaxy doesn't need to hit. the idea is that if you attack and miss with this guy, your rear guards can attack and if any of your blau rear guards hit galaxy will stand again. if your front two rear guards are blau, this means not only does it give your vanguard pressure, but your rear guards extra pressure to what they may already have. triple threat field, i want this card. fuse with break ride and you may get 7+ attacks. oh and one more thing, galaxy is effectively a +0 counter blast 2, due to two twin drives cancel out the discard 2.

im not even going to talk about the grade 4 in detail. it's op having it's only weakness is grades screw and that's only a problem till we work it out.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Oct. 10, 2013

Sad to see that mont's skill doesnt seemto synergise well with galaxy.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Oct. 10, 2013

(Oct. 10, 2013  5:17 AM)Giraton Wrote: ok on the case of galaxy blaukluger:

out of what i got out of your post, you said this needs to attack first and hit first. however (if you mean this im just clarifying), galaxy doesn't need to hit. the idea is that if you attack and miss with this guy, your rear guards can attack and if any of your blau rear guards hit galaxy will stand again. if your front two rear guards are blau, this means not only does it give your vanguard pressure, but your rear guards extra pressure to what they may already have. triple threat field, i want this card. fuse with break ride and you may get 7+ attacks. oh and one more thing, galaxy is effectively a +0 counter blast 2, due to two twin drives cancel out the discard 2.

im not even going to talk about the grade 4 in detail. it's op having it's only weakness is grades screw and that's only a problem till we work it out.

Okay, I read the effect wrong. It is essentially a type of The End, where instead of having to hit the Vanguard, it can hit the RG for its effect to go off. In Galaxy's case, if any of your team of Blaus hit the Vanguard, than Galaxy's effect will go off. So have a front row of Galaxies for it to work, but have Galaxy attack first to secure it.

yeah, my bad, I didn't RTFC very well (read the carping card). Sorry.

(Oct. 10, 2013  5:19 AM)Pcyborg Wrote: Sad to see that mont's skill doesnt seemto synergise well with galaxy.

Why not?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Dual - Oct. 10, 2013

That grade 4. Kill off the field, so no intercepts. No triggers so they can't get lucky on defence. No grade zeros. So just 1s and 2s in your hand. I'm not liking this thing.