World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread (/Thread-Cardfight-Vanguard-Discussion-thread)

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - TentacleZooka - Aug. 23, 2013

Thanks. I already have Shirayuki!
I just forgot that I need like 3 of them...

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Thunder Dome - Aug. 27, 2013

About how much should a Chromejailer Dragon go for right now (min and max). I'm looking to buy one for my deck (since I suck at pulling cards), but I want to look for the right price.

Oh yeah anyone going to the booster draft this weekend? Probably going to mine.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Hitsugiya - Aug. 27, 2013

(Aug. 27, 2013  1:32 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: About how much should a Chromejailer Dragon go for right now (min and max). I'm looking to buy one for my deck (since I suck at pulling cards), but I want to look for the right price.

For the RRR
Minimum is 5$
Maximum is $9

Since it's a persona you have to get more than 1 for your deck lol. Like at least 4

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - TentacleZooka - Aug. 27, 2013

(Aug. 27, 2013  1:32 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: About how much should a Chromejailer Dragon go for right now (min and max). I'm looking to buy one for my deck (since I suck at pulling cards), but I want to look for the right price.

I was planning on going to mine, but I just found out that I have a beyblade tourney that day. I'm going to a cfv tournament on thursday though. I'm going with AQF again because it's the only deck I have that is almost complete. I'm also planning on getting some cards for my Murakumo, and taking all my Kageros out of that deck. I've decided I'm gonna run Magatsu chain and switch between Shirayuki and Tamamo.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Thunder Dome - Aug. 29, 2013

(Aug. 27, 2013  3:25 AM)Hitsugiya Wrote:

For the RRR
Minimum is 5$
Maximum is $9

Since it's a persona you have to get more than 1 for your deck lol. Like at least 4
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I got the better one.

This is a question about the upcoming booster draft for eb04 and eb05. Which would be better to pick? OTT or Nova's? I want to try to pick the better one (better strategies and stuff that you can do) so I don't screw up at my first Vanguard tournament type thing. I'm not expecting to win, just don't want to go winless.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Aug. 29, 2013

(Aug. 29, 2013  2:32 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2013  3:25 AM)Hitsugiya Wrote:

For the RRR
Minimum is 5$
Maximum is $9

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I got the better one.

This is a question about the upcoming booster draft for eb04 and eb05. Which would be better to pick? OTT or Nova's? I want to try to pick the better one (better strategies and stuff that you can do) so I don't screw up at my first Vanguard tournament type thing. I'm not expecting to win, just don't want to go winless.

for deck building, oracles. for draft, well i have no idea. oracle have stuff that work well, but not when all mixed together. novas is almost the same, but they run off the same strategy most of the time. i would go oracle at the moment, just for both trade value and deck building, unless you plan to build a nova deck. ply drafts for the cards, not the play.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Aug. 29, 2013

Not sure if its true but my locals got word from the distributors that the drafting packs would be mixed between OTT and Nova. Meaning, 3 packs each per stack. I hope they're trolling cos I have absolutely no interest in Novas...

Also for drafting, focus on your G1s and G2s over your G3. G3 is the least priority if you intend to win the draft.

Because the trigger ratio is significantly lower, its best that you just G2 or G1 rush em

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Aug. 30, 2013

(Aug. 29, 2013  2:30 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: Not sure if its true but my locals got word from the distributors that the drafting packs would be mixed between OTT and Nova. Meaning, 3 packs each per stack. I hope they're trolling cos I have absolutely no interest in Novas...

Also for drafting, focus on your G1s and G2s over your G3. G3 is the least priority if you intend to win the draft.

Because the trigger ratio is significantly lower, its best that you just G2 or G1 rush em

facebook confirms this, its acting like that. wish I could go now.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Aug. 31, 2013

Just went, its half box of OTT and half box of Nova.

Since OTT has a higher demand, my locals was forced to mix the packs to 3 and 3 each to make it more "fair".

I manage to get hold of Sakuya and Chocolat which I needed. 2 more chocolat to go til I complete my Koko build...

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - TentacleZooka - Aug. 31, 2013

I might go today. I'm looking for the obvious rares. CEO, Perfect Guard, Sakuya... I need to be careful with the card drawing skills of my ott cards since my deck will be only 29 cards.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Aug. 31, 2013

(Aug. 31, 2013  4:21 PM)Bazooka Wrote: I might go today. I'm looking for the obvious rares. CEO, Perfect Guard, Sakuya... I need to be careful with the card drawing skills of my ott cards since my deck will be only 29 cards.

wait, so your drafts don't do redrafts? I feel that's a bad format for drafts. and 29? it's always 30.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Dual - Aug. 31, 2013

My draft went pretty well. We split up people who wanted Novas and people who wanted OTT. I got some Raizers, and they're fun to play. I tied for second.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - TentacleZooka - Sep. 01, 2013

(Aug. 31, 2013  10:34 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Aug. 31, 2013  4:21 PM)Bazooka Wrote: I might go today. I'm looking for the obvious rares. CEO, Perfect Guard, Sakuya... I need to be careful with the card drawing skills of my ott cards since my deck will be only 29 cards.

wait, so your drafts don't do redrafts? I feel that's a bad format for drafts. and 29? it's always 30.
It's 29 without the starter

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Thunder Dome - Sep. 01, 2013

Here's how my Booster Draft went.
I GOT nova. They ran out of OTT. Only 5 people came. I ended only playing 1 match and lost 1-2 (I would've won if he hadn't drawn a crit in round 3). Next round I got a bye. And that was the end. Also everybody but me had to be adults or extremely close to being one.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Dual - Sep. 01, 2013

Yah, I'm the youngest active tournament goer in my tournaments. There are a few people around 17-18, but the rest are like in their 30's. They're all really nice though.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Sep. 01, 2013

I would be one of the youngest, if it weren't for my brother bein an active player, and im 16. it's sometimes surprising how good mannered adults are when playing card games.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - 6 God - Sep. 01, 2013

Im defenitlely the youngest, I've only been in 1 vanguard tournamnet and the majority was 25-40. Im pretty sure one of them tried to cheat me.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - TentacleZooka - Sep. 01, 2013

I feel like the Kenta of CFV at my card store. Not the Kenta with Flash. More like Metal Fusion's Kenta where he was dwarved by everyone he bladed with.
Let me rephrase that. I'm not as whiny as Kenta... Maybe I'm more like Yu

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 04, 2013

Previews for BT13
http://2critical.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1696.html

AQF gets a seriously major update.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Rustled Jimmies - Sep. 12, 2013

So how about I'm in totes love with Season 3 Nova Grapplers? Ethics Buster deck, either Extreme or Reverse, I'd do it. And I even made a deck; no room for Season 2 NGs at all. None. At. All. Besides Tough Boy and some Crits, you can make a Beast Deity Deck completely with BT10 and BT13.

Also, Ethics Buster Reverse, 8 attacks in one turn. Think about it and post it here if you figured it out. First person to get it gets a cookie.

(Hint: Think about the prior requirement before even using Ethics Buster Reverse.)

Edit:
I've been looking at Ethics Buster Extreme in contrast to Reverse, and this is assuming you have a full Beast Deity deck (with the exception of some Tough Boys because 13k meta and 2 sets of non-Beast Deity crits, a total of 10 to 11) with a full Beast Deity Field

>Breakride Ethics Extreme, Ethics is 23k alone
>Attack with RG1 Boosted (1)
>Attack with RG2 Boosted (2)
>Attack with VG Boosted (3), Breakride effect, stand front RGs
>Twin Drive, if 2 Beast Deities, stand back RGs
>Attack with RG1 Boosted (4)
>Attack with RG2 Boosted (5)

This is just with the VG effect alone. Now apply with the new Beast Deity Legion-centered cards as of BT13. For example, if you had a column of Brainie Babio and Max Beat, assuming you attacked with them second (RG2)

>CB2 via Branie Babio and Max Beat, stand RG1 column
>Attack with RG1 Boosted (6)

You can keep it going if you have a mirror RG column, making a total of 4 CB for 7 attacks with one go. If you run a mirror column in a 13k meta, you are hitting for 1/1/4/1/1/1(/1). That is actually a lot of 1s, but Brainie + Max is only 16k, which is a mere Stage 1 shield. If this was an 11k meta, then turn those ones into constant 2s. 3s if you pull a Beast Deity trigger in your Drive Check. If you had used Hatred Chaos for 12k atk with Max Beat or Tough Boy in stead of a second Branie, those would be stage 2s in a 13k meta (stage 3 with Tough Boy in a 11k meta). However, you would only go for a 6th attack.

The way it works is to make sure Brainie hits, come the second set of RG attacks. If Ethics Extreme doesn't stand both back row RGs, make sure it stands a Max Beat then so it can stand the other RG (which should be a second Beat). Attack boosted with Hatred Chaos/Damned Leo for stage 2, then attack boosted with Brainie. If hit, stand the RG Max Beat behind Chaos/Leo, and use it to stand Chaos/Leo for a stage 2 6th attack.

Now figure Ethics Reverse.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Dual - Sep. 14, 2013

Episode 138 was amazing! I always liked Leon as a character, but now he's probably my favourite (sorry Kamui XD). Throughout the whole episode, I was sitting there with my fists clenched thinking "with all these emotional moments, I will lose all faith in the anime if Leon loses."
Now I want to build Aqua Force. I'll get the trial deck, but what boosters would you guys suggest?

Also, I asked this on the CFBA already, but on the bushiroad site it says that onsite registration begins at 10:30, though the tournament starts at 9:30. Does anyone know the actual time? And how much earlier should I get there so I don't get cut off once they reach the max?

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Slashman1 - Sep. 14, 2013

i play the game i have lots of cards and love the show

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Pcyborg - Sep. 17, 2013

Jim
My friend used ethics reverse over ethics. It s a monster.

One thing I would like to point out is, because the meta for Japanese was very 13k centric at one point, bt10 with the introduction of break rides brought it down to 11 again. And now due to the re introduction of cross rides, its still 11k oriented to be honest. 16k columns still work cos the crossride skill still mostly kick in only rather late game.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Dual - Sep. 17, 2013

At the Chicago regionals, I went 2-2, which is 2 wins more than I expected. Placed 134/332. Woohoo. However, it was an awesome experience. Aqua Force placed first, and a Vermillion deck got second.

RE: Cardfight Vanguard Discussion thread - Giraton - Sep. 18, 2013

well i got 2 link joker decks a few days ago to make 1 decent deck and wow, people greatly over estimate it's power. seriously all i need is the risk of locking to scare my friends into stupid things. and this is just 2 trial decks put together with a changed starting vanguard, not any massive locking cards or anything.