World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-General-Discussion)
+--- Thread: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH (/Thread-NBA-Basketball-LOCKOUT-FINALLY-OVAH)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: NBA Basketball - DefStamina88 - Nov. 27, 2011

The Thunder play well because of 2 words; Kevin Durant.

RE: NBA Basketball - ƛnubis - Nov. 27, 2011

Why I no here yet. Okay here is the thing....if the Magic dont get a big power forward we are screwed. Bass is good and all but he isnt big. We need to trade Bass for a big 6'10 power forward....

RE: NBA Basketball - DefStamina88 - Nov. 28, 2011

(Nov. 27, 2011  6:02 PM)Æ›nubis Wrote: Why I no here yet. Okay here is the thing....if the Magic dont get a big power forward we are screwed. Bass is good and all but he isnt big. We need to trade Bass for a big 6'10 power forward....
Agreed. If the Magic don't get a big guy, this 66-game-season ain't gonna go well for them. The PF position has been the targeted position recently for the Magic. They need to get some big D over there.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - ƛnubis - Dec. 12, 2011

Dwight wants a trade....-die-

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 12, 2011

(Dec. 12, 2011  3:53 AM)Æ›nubis Wrote: Dwight wants a trade....-die-

Fortunately the NBA ain't gonna let it happen. LA isn't gonna pick up CP3 or Superman on their terms. LA's trying to make another big 3? Not happening". First of all, why would Howard want a trade anyway? The Magic without Howard would be like saying last season's Nets will win the NBA Championship. Secondly, he doesn't need a trade. He's a big help in Orlando and he should stay there. Also, if he joins a new team, he risks losing to the team he left. Remember last year when LeBron lost to Cleveland? That was fun, wasn't it? That must've hurt, didn't it, James? Fourth, did you see Cleveland when LeBron left? They were HORRIBLE. If Howard leaves, Orlando will become last year's Cavs. And last, doing that will mean one less team that actually contends for the championship. Boston, LAL, Chicago, Miami, Dallas, San Antonio is good and all, but that's only 6. If I want an exciting year, I wanna see 16 competitive, trophy-wanting teams, not 6 demolishing powerhouses.

RE: NBA Basketball - Temporal - Dec. 13, 2011

(Nov. 27, 2011  2:13 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: The Thunder play well because of 2 words; Kevin Durant.

KD, Westbrook, Green before he left, now Perkins? Their drafting isn't too shabby, either. Now if they had a SG? Championships.

Also: Some newblet reporter wrote an article saying that the negated trade was dumb. Why? LA's ALREADY over the cap. Why let them say "We've got bank, so your rules don't apply to us!" Give Memphis and OKC a CHANCE! (Hell, the Bulls are broke for a Chicago team, so they're kinda small-market for basketball since, like, '05.)

RE: NBA Basketball - DefStamina88 - Dec. 13, 2011

(Dec. 13, 2011  4:14 AM)Temporal Wrote:
(Nov. 27, 2011  2:13 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: The Thunder play well because of 2 words; Kevin Durant.

KD, Westbrook, Green before he left, now Perkins? Their drafting isn't too shabby, either. Now if they had a SG? Championships.

Also: Some newblet reporter wrote an article saying that the negated trade was dumb. Why? LA's ALREADY over the cap. Why let them say "We've got bank, so your rules don't apply to us!" Give Memphis and OKC a CHANCE! (Hell, the Bulls are broke for a Chicago team, so they're kinda small-market for basketball since, like, '05.)

If OKC is able to get some big name SG (House? Stuckey? Neal? I don't even know), they can cash in a spot for division finalists. Definitely possible for NBA Finals. Championship? We'll have to see. They will have to keep an eye out so they don't lose a player. Say Westbrook goes down for 5 games, they gonna need to fix that position up.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Mickey - Dec. 15, 2011

Man, I hope the Raptors will go far this year. They're good, but during halftime they celebrate and the opponent ends up taking the win. I'm still glad they they kept Jose Calderon, I don't get why people say he can't control a team when he seriously can.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 15, 2011

(Dec. 15, 2011  2:05 AM)Cookies^^ Wrote: Man, I hope the Raptors will go far this year. They're good, but during halftime they celebrate and the opponent ends up taking the win. I'm still glad they they kept Jose Calderon, I don't get why people say he can't control a team when he seriously can.

People still Cheer for Toronto? Really? C'mon, Calderon is the ONLY good player I see on that team. If they want to win the Atlantic division, they have to get by:

-Celtics (Allen, Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, etc. Got faith in them.)
-Nets (Probably the only team they can be better than.)
-Knicks (Amar'e, Bibby, Carmelo)
-76ers (Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala)

In other news, guess who picked up Chris Paul aka CP3? Los Angeles. But I'm not talking about the Lakers. I'm talking about the Clippers. CP3 joins Griffin, Mo Williams, and Chauncey Billups on the Clippers team. Deal was made today.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Chups - Dec. 16, 2011

Hey, do you guys know Andrew Bogut? He lives really close to me and were good friends with his family. He plays with the bucks or something ?

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - ƛnubis - Dec. 16, 2011

So the Magic got Fat carp Davis...I mean Big Baby Davis. We needed a PF and we got one. I just hate FA Davis.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 16, 2011

(Dec. 16, 2011  2:50 AM)Æ›nubis Wrote: So the Magic got Fat carp Davis...I mean Big Baby Davis. We needed a PF and we got one. I just hate FA Davis.

Well, at least ya got one. Be happy there's a PF for em. Davis is better than nothing. However, I liked him better when he was with Boston. He was so much better of a help there. First Powe, then Perkins, now Davis? Boston's getting rid of players for different ones.

Here's Boston's current Roster:

-Ray Allen (*nod*)
-Brandon Bass (.... *slow nod*)
-Avery Bradley (*shakes head*)
-Marquis Daniels (Who?)
-Keyon Dooling (*"What?" face*)
-Kevin Garnett (*epic nod*)
-Jeff Green (*narrows eyes*)
-JaJuan Johnson (Probie...)
-E'Twuan Moore (Another probie...)
-Jermaine O'Neal (*nod*)
-Sasha Pavlovic (Whut?)
-Paul Pierce (*nod*)
-Rajon Rondo (*EPIC SLOW-MO NOD*)
-Greg Stiemsta (*facepalm*)
-Chris Wilcox (*shrugs*)

Boston's not gonna get anywhere with that! Angry

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - dragonbooster - Dec. 16, 2011

golden state warriors nuff said

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 17, 2011

Hrm... So the Bulls push 100 without Hamilton. If the Bulls can hit 95 with Bogans, then the Bulls might be a better offensive team than we thought. Also: Brian Scalabrine? Please play. Or at least record a point. Or a block. Or a board. Do SOMETHING. Please? There's a Pepsi in it for ya!

teams built on pure athleticism and showy plays will flop this year without camps being in the summer. (Heat. Toronto. Bucks? Outside shooting is kinda spotty, but there.) D will rule this season. The Clippers have WAY too many "Hey! I was a damn good player! Give ball!"-type guys. 8/7-seed, one-and-done. Grizz will go deep again, and the Knicks will run into a loaded Heat team ready for the playoffs in aforementioned playoffs. Mavs'll roll. OKC rolls. Chicago rolls. (Weak schedule. Really, NBA? Just crown us division champs now with THAT sorry excuse for a schedule.) Hornets will suck. Spurs will edge Lakers for the 3 seed. Pacers will make a repeat appearance, again w/ a losing record, and notch one more win on the Bulls, likely in Game 1. The Bulls rattle 4 straight and roll. No sweeps in the 1st round this year, I'll bet. Too much at stake. As in: NO is in some deep carp. League owned?Bad team? Bye, Hornets.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 17, 2011

As of what I see, I see this:
Eastern Conference
No.1-Chicago (Rose, Boozer, Noah, and Deng should be able to get it done for a 1.)
No.2-Orlando (From what I heard, Superman's still in Orlando. With him, either 1,2, or 3. I say 2.)
No.3-Boston (2 or 3 for the big 4. I say 3 because they've been beaten by the Magic in 2009 season, and throughout 2010, I think...)
No.4-Miami (Sure, they Got Wade and LeBron, but they're not good enough for me to say they're not gonna lose the Championship again.)
No.5-New York (Amar'e is good, but I haven't seen enough of him to guarantee that.)
No.6-Philadelphia (Got Brand? Got a chance.)
No.7-Toronto (All I see is Calderon, but I still think they have a chance for 7 or 8.)
No.8-Detroit (Despite a bad finish last year, I have faith in them. Stuckey, Will Bynum, Prince, Ben Wallace. I see a 7 or 8 possible.)

Western Conference
No.1- OKC (Durant, Westbrook, Perkins. A lineup like that DESERVES seed 1.)
No.2-San Antonio (With Duncan and McDyess, they should roll.)
No.3-LAL (Kobe just got crushed in personal life. I'm thinking it'll affect him, it'll cost No.1 in the long run, and they get anywhere from seed 2-6.)
No.4-LAC (CP3 + Griffin + Billups + Mo Williams = Definite 4, likely 3.)
No.5-Dallas (I say the champs don't do to good at the start, but rally and pick up 3, 4, or 5.)
No.6-Phoenix (Childress, Grant Hill, and the big one, STEVE NASH. They are good for a 3, but I'm not promising, so put 6 for now.)
No.7-Utah (Okur. He might help.)
No.8-Houston (WHAT? It was either this or Denver, and I don't see nothing over there. Yao's retired, Battier left, and all others are gone, so what? Scola's still here, most-experienced Martin's here, and we have Hasheem Thabeet! Along with that, we have 7 promising rookies.)

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 18, 2011

Memphis. You forgot how well they played last year. The East lets 38-win teams into the playoffs because of how many doormat teams they have, but not the West. The hole is key this year, even more so than before, so Memphis might get into the 6 seed. As for the Clippers. No chemistry at all. Paul left his city that just had a decent playoffs year and started very well for money. I don't think he'll gel with anyone but Griffin because Griffin'll get along with anyone. Plus, bad D. They'll have to score 110 or just lose. Maybe they get in, but I can't see the Clippers as anything but a one-and-done.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 19, 2011

(Dec. 18, 2011  8:14 PM)Temporal Wrote: Memphis. You forgot how well they played last year. The East lets 38-win teams into the playoffs because of how many doormat teams they have, but not the West. The hole is key this year, even more so than before, so Memphis might get into the 6 seed. As for the Clippers. No chemistry at all. Paul left his city that just had a decent playoffs year and started very well for money. I don't think he'll gel with anyone but Griffin because Griffin'll get along with anyone. Plus, bad D. They'll have to score 110 or just lose. Maybe they get in, but I can't see the Clippers as anything but a one-and-done.

Memphis? Pfffft, I wouldn't pick them if they went 66-0.

Anyway, here's how I see the NBA Playoffs based off of what I see:
East
1st RD Winners: Chicago, Orlando, Boston, *sigh* Miami.
Div. Semis Winners: Chicago VS Boston
Div. Finals Winners: Boston

West
1st RD Winners: OKC, San Antonio, Phoenix ( Grin ), Dallas
Div. Semis Winners: OKC VS San Antonio
Div. Finals Winners: San Antonio ( Speechless )

Finals
G1: BOS 91-87 SA (1-0)
G2: BOS 103-100 SA (2-0)*
G3: BOS 87-94 SA (2-1)
G4: BOS 94-101 SA (2-2)
G5: BOS 79-87 SA (2-3)
G6: BOS 88-82 SA (3-3)
G7: BOS 121-119 SA (4-3)***
* = 1 OT
CHAMPS: Boston Celtics

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 20, 2011

Hrm... Nah. Boston's too old. Memphis has more paint presence than almost any NBA team, and they had a solid season last year. Now they're older, and probably better. Plus, Chicago swept Boston last year. Now with Hamilton AND Bogans, I can't see that not happening again. That said, it's nice to see the Bulls score 95. The wins with 80 points fade in the playoffs. Also: Is Memphis can beat San Antonio (And don't call it a fluke, because THAT was a dominant series. They DID go toe-to-toe with OKC), then I can't see them beating OKC themselves. Dallas might. Phoenix has a shot. LAL is the favorite in this situation. (Despite the New Orleans escapade. I figured that would be a sweep, didn't you?)

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 20, 2011

I predicted a total sweep, and yes, maybe I "overexaggerated" Boston's winning chances a little bit, but I still think they can get it done. Old? CRAM THAT! They still have players, and I don't care. For me, they don't seem to be playing like they're "old". They're not losing by 30 points like they're "old".

Besides, those were just off of what I see, not what will happen. Anything can happen.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 20, 2011

Sixty six games is a lot. I can see a 30-9 start for boston, But not more than 45 wins.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 20, 2011

Harsh aren't we? I can see a 49-17 at LEAST for Boston.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 21, 2011

Maybe, but no more than 55. Period. I can't see them staring down way more athletic teams with the age. The Knicks. What happens if Boston sees them in the playoffs? Or even better, what about the Bulls or Heat? Or in the Finals, what if they bump into, say, OKC? Athletic teams will be Boston's kryptonite. I'm calling it now. (Plus, they almost lost to...Toronto. Ew.)

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 21, 2011

Age, Schmage, it doesn't matter. If I play on a team, I rely on history and skill. Skill is the thing that makes a team, and the Celtics still have some of that. And they have a lot of titles (14, 15 or 16, I don't remember.) They're not out of this yet.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - Temporal - Dec. 22, 2011

Most of those titles came from the 9-in-a-row they got ages ago. I just think their window closed last year.

RE: NBA Basketball: LOCKOUT FINALLY OVAH - DefStamina88 - Dec. 22, 2011

They can at least make it to Division Finals. Chicago, Miami, Orlando, maybe a problem. Amar'e? Nah. Nothing in Milwaukee. Detroit don't have it. Philly and Cleveland are out. Everybody else isn't even worth mentioning.

Also, last night, Boston beat Toronto in a pre-season game 81-73. You say Toronto's a problem, I say NAY.