World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Shabalabadoo - Nov. 26, 2011

yeah well maybe i've been playing Zelda since before I was alive!!!

The past three games each have their own travel method, but I think that if there's going to be a game similar to OoT (again), then it'd most likely not have some funky transportation. The games with it are also unique in general.

Yo, you don't even understand what you're missing in Skyward Sword. "No Story"? yaw wrihte. I can't even explain how super it is. And no, you're not doing physical work. You exaggerate the motion controls way too much. JUST GIVE THE GAME A DAMN TRY Smithicide

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Nov. 26, 2011

Unique and beautiful flowers often smell the worst.

Even if I were willing to tolerate another wagglemotion game(and keep in mind TP was approaching too much for me to tolerate), SS is at the very bottom of my shopping list behind an entire month's salary of other things I care about more. The game with WMP+ costs 1/8 of my monthly income, which is more than I usually have to spare total.

Undesirable control scheme + too much money = ~~~~~

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Robsta - Nov. 26, 2011

I bought SS on its release and I must say, I am disappointed.
Not a fan of the art style (not a huge issue)
THE CONTROL SCHEME!!!!
This is the first time I've been exposed to interactive controls (bought a wii to play hacked ssb: Melee) and I already hate it. I was lucky enough to own TP on GameCube so I have no opinion on whether the controls are improved or not.

Why can't I just use a cube controller. Dj - Disappointed ...

You ladies are very unopen to different things Serious

You are in the exceptional minority on people who think motion control is anything but bad, SSJ.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Wizard - Nov. 26, 2011

(Nov. 26, 2011  6:57 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: You ladies are very unopen to different things Serious
I thought the new control scheme was an amazing idea. With the new control scheme, they were able to make the enemies smarter, and harder to defeat because you had to attack in certain ways. I love the idea already. And motion control isn't bad at all. Most people are just too lazy to swing their arm

Oh, and it's not like the controls in TP. In TP you could shake your wrist around and kill everybody. In SW you actually have to swing your sword. Makes it more fun in my opinion.

I don't even own the game yet though! XD

And about the travel in Wind Waker, it's pretty tedious at first. But after your able to warp, I don't mind. But I'd personally rather waste hours on end riding Epona through Hyrule Field! XD

Yo, Hazel and Robsta, explain to me how a game is bad just because you favor other controls? It doesn't make sense to me.

The game is fine for people who like those controls.

I am not one of those people. If I don't like the controlscheme, I cannot enjoy the game.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Robsta - Nov. 27, 2011

I like the game and the idea behind the controls but unfortunately the controls were designed poorly and it turns me off the game when I have to recalibrate constantly.

Great storyline though and the the dungeons look damn cool

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - omegazero - Nov. 27, 2011

hmm so skywards swords down fall ere the controls...how did i see this.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Hazel - Nov. 27, 2011

Most people seem to think it was executed well - I'm just not someone who enjoys that control scheme.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NoodooSoup - Nov. 27, 2011

(Nov. 27, 2011  1:55 AM)Robsta Wrote: I like the game and the idea behind the controls but unfortunately the controls were designed poorly and it turns me off the game when I have to recalibrate constantly.

Great storyline though and the the dungeons look damn cool

I've never needed to re-calibrate during the hours I spent playing. Maybe it's your controller or something.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Robsta - Nov. 27, 2011

Possibly

I find I have to recalibrate the most when I am targeting something to shoot

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - NoodooSoup - Nov. 27, 2011

By recalibrate, do you mean pressing down on the Control Pad? Or actually setting it down on a flat surface while it recalibrates?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Nano - Nov. 27, 2011

[Image: SP_A1035.jpg]

I love this little thing ♥

...little?

Houses are made of bricks smaller than the original Gameboy.

(Nov. 27, 2011  8:01 AM)Hazel Wrote: ...little?

Houses are made of bricks smaller than the original Gameboy.

Smaller then this...
[Image: SP_A1051.jpg]

Well, yes. Smaller than the portable SEGA Genesis, too, which was almost the size of the full console.

I like the boxyness of the Game Boy Tongue_out
And dem corners on the NES...

I'm happy to own both ^____^

I spent more time blowing into SNES cartridges than playing SNES games, I think...

I spend more time looking at my NES cartridges then playing them...
I need wires for my NES, so I can't play it at all. I have two controllers though...

I also have a NES controller belt buckle :]
It's full size, and the buttons are in the right spot too. Only thing different is that it's slimmer, and heavy.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Nov. 27, 2011

Seems Sony's jumping in the mascot fighter ring:

[Image: cGmYm.jpg]

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Dude - Dec. 09, 2011

Here's a cool trailer of Persona 4: The Golden for the Vita, one of the reason I really must get that console.

Looks great! I can't wait for this to come and, hopefully, Atlus will keep up its generousity when it comes to localizing these games and will bring us this one, too. After all, the original Persona 4 on the PS2 sold really well and had glorious reviews, why not localize it?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 10, 2011

I present you METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE developed by Platinum Games of Bayonetta, and Vanquish fame.

I ... uh ... wat

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - bugturtles - Dec. 10, 2011

that tunnel scene reminding me of sonic the hedgehog

I would have thought it would be a little bit slower paced than that... Also read in a wiki page that they wanted you to neutralize humans but completely destroy machines; kinda didn't look that way seeing as how humans were put into a blender

At least use the METAL GEAR fonts...

(i'll want to know how this plays out)