World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Gaming Random Thoughts - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Video-Games)
+--- Thread: Gaming Random Thoughts (/Thread-Gaming-Random-Thoughts)

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Dec. 12, 2008

(Dec. 12, 2008  5:15 PM)pegasis Wrote: or they may be buying illegal copies of games just like me :p

Go away.

Seriously I'm going to report you the next time you post carp like this.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - mdhvdukshsj - Dec. 12, 2008

(Dec. 12, 2008  5:15 PM)pegasis Wrote: or they may be buying illegal copies of games just like me :p

get out

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Dec. 12, 2008

pegasis you have xbox live?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 12, 2008

(Dec. 12, 2008  4:12 PM)Roan Wrote: November NPD's

Holy carp I can't believe this. 2 million Wiis sold in November alone. carp is bananas.

Also of note, 360 outsold PS3 and PS2 combined. PS3 still managed to sell a respectable 378,000 units though, which is nothing to scoff at, but given the stellar performance of both the Wii and 360 this past month, Sony is going to be heading into an uphill battle during December.

Nintendo sold 800,000 Wiis in one week. ONE WEEK.

And really, the 360 is the one that should be selling the best if Americans actually knew what they were buying. Even if it's the mangled Arcade version.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - mdhvdukshsj - Dec. 12, 2008

LBP sold 141 last month; R2 sold 385 compared to L4D ....and R2 was out significantly longer than L4D

lmao sony is carp

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Dec. 12, 2008

(Dec. 12, 2008  9:20 PM)SK Wrote: pegasis you have xbox live?
yes Smile am (X hani X) add me

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Dec. 12, 2008

(Dec. 12, 2008  4:41 PM)shikamaru526 Wrote: WTF? The Wii lead in Console sales, but the most sold software was all for 360?
Alot of people must be satisfied with just having WiiSports.

SHOCKING

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Dec. 12, 2008

(Dec. 12, 2008  11:12 PM)pegasis Wrote:
i dont have live, i have a ps3, i justed wanted to tell you that if you get caught playing pirated xbox games, ms will ban you from live for life

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Dec. 12, 2008

(Dec. 12, 2008  11:42 PM)SK Wrote:
i dont have live, i have a ps3, i justed wanted to tell you that if you get caught playing pirated xbox games, ms will ban you from live for life
i know and thats why i only play pirated games on my wii not on my 360,but is there any mod ship that i can turn off when i wanna play live and then when i wanna play copied games i can just turn it on?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Bey Brad - Dec. 13, 2008

(Dec. 12, 2008  11:47 PM)pegasis Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2008  11:42 PM)SK Wrote:
yes :) am (X hani X) add me
i know and thats why i only play pirated games on my wii not on my 360,but is there any mod ship that i can turn off when i wanna play live and then when i wanna play copied games i can just turn it on?

Sura (5:38) - "As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah, for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in power."

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - MuchWow - Dec. 13, 2008

i know but common every body makes mistakes,and cutting hand is when the thing stolen worths a certion amount of money and btw in saudi they sometimes cut hands of thiefs.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - SK - Dec. 13, 2008

how many wii games do you own pegasis?

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Rocky - Dec. 13, 2008

(Dec. 13, 2008  12:26 AM)pegasis Wrote: i know but common every body makes mistakes,and cutting hand is when the thing stolen worths a certion amount of money and btw in saudi they sometimes cut hands of thiefs.

I'm sure in countries that they cut your hands off, they cut them off for trivial things as well as big things.

Quote:The interior ministry in Saudi Arabia says an Afghan man, found guilty of pickpocketing in Mecca's Grand Mosque, has had his right hand amputated in public.

(Dec. 13, 2008  12:26 AM)pegasis Wrote: i know but common every body makes mistakes,and cutting hand is when the thing stolen worths a certion amount of money and btw in saudi they sometimes cut hands of thiefs.

it doesn't count as a mistake when you do it consistently and promote others to do it as well

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - mdhvdukshsj - Dec. 13, 2008

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43655.html

wow this carp looks sweet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrono_Cross#Story

the story to chrono cross makes no sense at all ahhhhhhh

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Roan - Dec. 13, 2008

CNNMoney Calls PS3 "A Sinking Ship"

I hate to be so down on PS3 and Sony lately but seriously guys things are looking kind of grim. :\

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 13, 2008

Don't care what some people at CNN say. When I wake up tommorrow, I'll still have my PS3. Sony will still exist. And the PlayStation Brand will still be there.

(Dec. 13, 2008  4:50 AM)To Wrote: Don't care what some people at CNN say. When I wake up tommorrow, I'll still have my PS3. Sony will still exist. And the PlayStation Brand will still be there.

uh

okay? what's your point?

Look I'm trying to remain as unbiased as possible here and I know it looks like I'm just jumping on the bandwagon and crying doom and gloom for Sony, but let's be honest: Things do not look so great for them right now.

In arguably the biggest shopping season of the year the PS3 was seriously obliterated by the 360 and much more so the Wii. FFS 360 managed to not only almost triple PS3's numbers, but also outsold PS3 and PS2 combined, and almost sold enough to outsell all three Sony systems combined.

Granted the 360 has an obvious advantage with the Arcade's super enticing price point at $199, and obviously this probably accounts for most of the 360's sales, but still, that's 800k+ new 360's in homes compared to the PS3's just under 400k.

Not that it really matters that much because Nintendo completely steamrolled the both of them, but still, there is reasonable cause for concern here. I've said it before and I'll continue to say it, the PS3 absolutely needs a price drop. To, you keep saying that 2009 will be the year that Sony makes the cut and gains back some traction but this is so obviously a snowball effect that I really think Sony's chances of making a solid footing for itself in the marketplace are slim to none.

Look at the software sales of all of the PS3's big holiday games. LBP only managed to push 141,000 units in November, and even less the month before (Granted it came out late in October so the October NPDs are a little misleading, but the November ones certainly don't lie). As Artie pointed out, even L4D, which came out much later in the month than Resistance 2, yet still managed to sell more than Resistance.

Obviously the 360 has a much larger install base so higher software sales are expected, but seriously I can't believe how bad Sony is doing this holiday. I really wanted them to pull through, and I'm being completely and totally honest when I say that and I think its really disappointing to see them lagging so far behind. They really need to get their act together and get their head in the game otherwise they're going to get left behind.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - Doompenguin - Dec. 13, 2008

(Dec. 13, 2008  4:50 AM)To Wrote: Don't care what some people at CNN say. When I wake up tommorrow, I'll still have my PS3. Sony will still exist. And the PlayStation Brand will still be there.

I wonder how many Dreamcast owners said something similar back in 2001.

(Dec. 13, 2008  5:06 AM)Doompenguin Wrote:

lmao

(Dec. 13, 2008  5:06 AM)Doompenguin Wrote:

I think its hilarious that so many people were applying this idea to the 360 when it launched.

carp hilarious how the tables have turned. Also, the Dreamcast comparison is so apt that it isn't even funny. Granted, PS3 isn't doing anywhere near as bad as Dreamcast did, but still.

RE: Gaming Random Thoughts - To - Dec. 13, 2008

I'm honestly getting a bit tired of this doom and gloom. Every other day last year I used to hear doom and gloom about Blu-Ray. Hell, I still hear doom and gloom about Blu-Ray, despite the fact that format has made more headway in less time then DVD did.

And this doom and gloom isn't going to make me want a 360, I already own a "We like collecting dust", and a PlayStation 3.

You are also fooling yourself if you think Sony is going to call it a quits because they tanked one gen. If anything it'll open their eyes that they can't promise and deliver half-assed expensive technology, but there is one thing I know about Sony, they are stubborn, and they aren't going to stop because they lost a war. They also lost the VHS Vs. Betamax, Memory Stick Vs. SD, and then there was the clusterfuck that was UMD movies, guess what? They didn't quit.

People are seeming to act like if the PS3 continues the lag behind Sony is done. They aren't, nor is the PS3. Did the PSP die because the DS trounched it (and continues to do so) in sales? carp no. Piracy hindered the PSP near dead, not because it was the most succesful non-Nintendo hand-held ever made. People were like this with Nintendo, and SEGA in the past. But unlike those other two, Sony has its' hand in many things. Probably the most promising being OLED.

Sony has studios worldwide, in fact, the last I checked, they owned the most developers of any of the hardware manufacturers. Ken Kutaragi envisioned plans for PlayStations beyond PS3, and I really doubt one really big bump in the road is going to end them.

Happy? I raged. End.
Ugh, that post was all over the place.

hahahaha it's hilarious you love a company SOOOO MUCH