Team GT {North Carolina USA}

In my defense for limited I only recently obtained any decent part for limited getting a libra I haven't had access to a libra or synth in past tournaments like you two have.
(Aug. 30, 2014  4:58 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: In my defense for limited I only recently obtained any decent part for limited getting a libra I haven't had access to a libra or synth in past tournaments like you two have.

This is a very valid point.
I wouldn't say we have a better shot. The past is the past everyone deserves a clean state. Plus he got some more Limited parts lately.

I think we are arguing about something silly and not worth it.
(Aug. 30, 2014  4:58 AM)Stormscorpio1 Wrote: In my defense for limited I only recently obtained any decent part for limited getting a libra I haven't had access to a libra or synth in past tournaments like you two have.

Yes, but you did own them for Beydays, and that didn't work out too well for you.

I know you had Omega at the NC qualifier (and those are two of the only three Limited events you've ever attended), and I'm quite sure you were using Thunder Dome's Libra during the tournament. So the only event you haven't had access to them was the first one we ever played (and none of us had those kinds of parts at that point).

Thunder Dome Wrote:I wouldn't say we have a better shot. The past is the past everyone deserves a clean state. Plus he got some more Limited parts lately.

I think we are arguing about something silly and not worth it.

I'd say we do. I mean come one. One bronze face? Vs. 2 gold faces and a silver face? There's no contest there. Limited Format is not Storm's strong point (and he "hates" it anyway, so...).

We're not arguing about something silly - we're debating who gets to compete in GT's first team event! It's not like we're being hostile or anything; conflicting opinions is an inevitable part of competitive play.

I still think you, Thunder and I would have a better shot, Dark.
I had no good parts for beydays I got my libra after I came back from beydays.
Since I just got off work and had tacos. Lets make this fun. How about the committee decides for us? V, Uwik, Kei etc? That would be fun.
I still think you, Thunder and I should compete. That should be our lineup for Limited Format IMO (I still like the idea of the model I posted on the last page - I think it would work really well).

It's also more the fact that I announced the event as Team Format because I thought Storm wasn't coming. I was going to do regular format so that we wouldn't have to make a decision on who would sit out, but after he insisted that he didn't want to come I figured the situation was perfect.

Then, after Thunder and I had already signed up and gotten excited about competing, Storm came back and decided he wanted to play. Now we have to kick someone, and Storm was here last (not to mention that, again, we have significantly better Limited Format tournament records than he does). Thunder and I will play now, win the thing, and then Storm can play Zero-G this winter and I can sit out. It's a win-win situation. Everyone gets to play in the formats that they're good at and the ones they enjoy.

Gosh having 4 players on a team is a pain.
This is an idea Collin and myself thought of a few days ago. Why don't we put Dark and Theblackdragon on the team with a other member and myself and Collin on a team with another member and have the other member be the leader so us GT members can rotate so we all have a chance to be on the same team at some point?
Or you could split up into tiny separate GT Teams so you can dominate by recruiting players all over the world in each region, taking the best players from each region for their own little GT Team.
I will drop out of the tournament if it'd stop GT from splitting up.

I really don't want to do that. The thought makes me sick. Confused
I don't think that's what *Ginga* was saying, I think he was saying that you guys should just form another GT group, it's not necessarily splitting up.

It would be cool to see you guys battle each other rather than a bunch of you guys just dominating each and every team format tournament.

#my2cents
Why don't we do what adam and I thought up?
That way we all play and make two others happy as well.
LMAO: That was more a response to Thunder's post.

Problem is, if we competed in separate groups, only one group could participate in the same tournament, which would cause the same problem we have now (expect worse most likely, with more people involved and more potentially excluded).

It's not like team tournaments are going to be happening anywhere else in NC most likely anyway.

@SS1: Dark would have to forfeit his privilege to lead a team forever, we would never be ranked together, and we'd just be jumping from team to team, and who knows if we'll find two more players on our level? I mean, there are some good players in NC, but there aren't many of us at the moment.

I think we should just rotate out. It seems like the simplest, least complicated solution. I don't want to split the team up just so that one more person can play at Limited Throwdown.

If you guys are gonna split, I will gladly drop to prevent it.
I'm pretty sure we could all compete at the same event.
No we couldn't - we'd be one team playing against ourselves. That's against the rules.
Well what if we sort of broke of into sub teams, like Adam and I could be something like team super special awesome
First off TBD I'm pretty sure they are some decent members in Nc besides us as of now, you should know first hand after today's event.

Also why is Dark losing his team captain right so important? It really makes no difference.

I honestly think Collin's and my idea isn't to bad, but its whatever you guys want.

At least we have a few months to work this out lol.

Edit: Collin lol team super special awesome
I honestly think the matches I lost today were due to bad luck and part malfunctions. I lost to an E230MB destabilizer with a Dragooon spin-stealer, and I lost to a Duo BWD custom with Dragooon F230GCF.

When's the last time you saw that happen?

I'm not saying they're not good, but you and I both know they aren't quite on our level.

I just can't handle the thought of dissolving Team GT just so that one more person can play at Limited Throwdown.

Also, I don't think the committee would approve of jumping between teams deliberately so that we could rotate out with each other; that's kind of an abuse of the rules. Teams are supposed to stay together, not act as groups for Bladers to jump in and out of whenever they feel like it. That kind of defeats the purpose of the format.
Thunder made a good point. GT doesn't have the only good bladers in NC. What you guys have to do is make sub teams, each with their own captain. You can have a couple sub teams in each region of the world, recruiting only the best players, and then not only does the one team per month limit apply but you can dominate absolutely everywhere.
I didn't say we did. What I am saying is that they aren't on our level, and in the case of a tie with another team, we'd be much worse off than if we'd stuck together (no offense intended to anyone, of course).

*Ginga*, if we split into sub teams, those two sub teams can't participate in the same event. We would have the exact same problem (except the teams would be weaker, less adaptable, and we'd have to exclude 3 people instead of 1).
You guys should remember that when battling, only your battles are taken or added from your Beypoints. So, it's not like it's doing a serious hurt on your Beypoints missing out on battling 2 bladers.
(Aug. 31, 2014  1:51 PM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: *Ginga*, if we split into sub teams, those two sub teams can't participate in the same event. We would have the exact same problem (except the teams would be weaker, less adaptable, and we'd have to exclude 3 people instead of 1).

Except that isn't true. The sub teams can still be under the GT banner and have their own captains.
Then it wouldn't be Team GT - it'd be a different team that called themselves GT. The two wouldn't be ranked together, and they'd have to play against each other.

Sub-teams are actual branches of the same team in different regions. They aren't separate teams.

Having regional branches for GT actually sounds really cool to me, but splitting this one up doesn't.
Regional breanches is probably the best idea for you guys right now. They can still have the GT name, this team can do the recruiting, but they are still technically separte teams, so you can participate more than once a month.
We can't recruit members for a different team. The captain would have that responsibility/privilege.

I'm all for having multiple regional branches of Team GT, but not multiple Team GTs. I think we should do everything we can to remain as one team.

What's the point of "dominating everywhere" if all the teams are separate and none of them are ranked together?