Should mid battle mode changes be allowed at the start of battles?

Poll: Should these parts be allowed to be used in either state?

Yes
76.19%
No
14.29%
No opinion/other
9.52%
Total: 100% 21 vote(s)
Currently there are a few parts in Burst that have modes that activate during battle and have to be manually reset. These parts include Gatling, Tempest, and Shot. My proposal is to allow these parts to be used in either their unactivated, or activated mode at the start of the battle. Currently the rules state that these parts must be reset before each battle. Gatling with the current ruling is a middling Blade, however I have done testing with it in its awakened mode and it becomes a top tier attack type part, opening up more variety for the format. Gatling in high mode is locked to its unawakened state, so it would be nice to have more variety by allowing Gatling to start in its awakened state in low mode. Shot and Tempest should also be able to be used in either state, despite not having many uses, it would make sense for them to be allowed for consistency. There is already a similar rule in the Plastics and HMS rulebook allowing Jumping Base and Jumping Base 2 to be used in their activated state. Overall I think it would be better for the format if players were allowed to use these parts in whichever state they like.
Would this include the use of Prominence without its shield? ICrazyEater
(Apr. 04, 2023  9:05 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Would this include the use of Prominence without its shield?
That's a great question, personally I would say no, because for something like Cho-Z phoenix, its name is decided by which armor its using. So to me it would make more sense for prominence to require its shield, along with bullet.
Quick Edit: The two examples I mentioned are more like removing a part of the beyblade rather than a simple change of its state like with gatling, tempest, and shot
(Apr. 04, 2023  9:05 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Would this include the use of Prominence without its shield? ICrazyEater

i kinda wished TT treated Phoenix like Achilles, where you can use the bey without the shield
i understand why they didn't, but it's more of a wishful thinking. i mean, wouldn't Phoenix be worse without the armor anyway?
(Apr. 04, 2023  9:08 PM)ICrazyEater Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2023  9:05 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Would this include the use of Prominence without its shield?
That's a great question, personally I would say no, because for something like Cho-Z phoenix, its name is decided by which armor it’s using. So to me it would make more sense for prominence to require its shield, along with bullet.
That’s fair. Personally I would have to say I don’t really agree to this. Those mid battle mode changes are meant to be gimmicks just like prominence’s shield coming off. Because just like how if you put the Gatling in the awakened state it becomes an A tier attack layer, playing prominence without the shield allows it to become an A tier stamina layer. So really things will start to get dicey when you start deciding what battle activated gimmicks of beys can be ignored and which ones cant. I feel like if they were meant to be ignored they would have just been simply mode changes instead of battle activated gimmicks.

(Apr. 04, 2023  9:12 PM)Beyblader101_ Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2023  9:05 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: Would this include the use of Prominence without its shield? ICrazyEater

i kinda wished TT treated Phoenix like Achilles, where you can use the bey without the shield
i understand why they didn't, but it's more of a wishful thinking. i mean, wouldn't Phoenix be worse without the armor anyway?
The Cho-Z phoenixes yes. But the Prominence layer without the shield actually becomes a top tier layer for same and opposite spin stamina. Try it sometime, and it will blow your mind.
(Apr. 04, 2023  9:15 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2023  9:08 PM)ICrazyEater Wrote: That's a great question, personally I would say no, because for something like Cho-Z phoenix, its name is decided by which armor it’s using. So to me it would make more sense for prominence to require its shield, along with bullet.
That’s fair. Personally I would have to say I don’t really agree to this. Those mid battle mode changes are meant to be gimmicks just like prominence’s shield coming off. Because just like how if you put the Gatling in the awakened state it becomes an A tier attack layer, playing prominence without the shield allows it to become an A tier stamina layer. So really things will start to get dicey when you start deciding what battle activated gimmicks of beys can be ignored and which ones cant. I feel like if they were meant to be ignored they would have just been simply mode changes instead of battle activated gimmicks.

To me personally, the armor coming off feels less like a mode change and more of a, not sure exactly how to describe it, but more of a gimmick than mode change. In the end though, I suppose it would be up to staff to decide which parts would count for this ruling.
Absolutely in the case of Gatling. I see no reason for it to be reset other than slowing down judges to ensure its reset every match. Kids and judges will inevitably forget, and ultimately this has no purpose for a part that will not become meta defining if allowed to be in "Oval mode" at start.
(Apr. 04, 2023  9:20 PM)ICrazyEater Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2023  9:15 PM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: That’s fair. Personally I would have to say I don’t really agree to this. Those mid battle mode changes are meant to be gimmicks just like prominence’s shield coming off. Because just like how if you put the Gatling in the awakened state it becomes an A tier attack layer, playing prominence without the shield allows it to become an A tier stamina layer. So really things will start to get dicey when you start deciding what battle activated gimmicks of beys can be ignored and which ones cant. I feel like if they were meant to be ignored they would have just been simply mode changes instead of battle activated gimmicks.

To me personally, the armor coming off feels less like a mode change and more of a, not sure exactly how to describe it, but more of a gimmick than mode change. In the end though, I suppose it would be up to staff to decide which parts would count for this ruling.

Armor coming off and Bullet getting detached definitely don't feel like mode changes, I can agree on that. Overall, it's a fairly inoffensive change that realistically, only affects a small handful of parts. Tempest and Gatling are basically the same thing, Shot is... a part you can use, and the only other thing I can think of that would apply is Greatest Raphael, which ends up being exempt anyways since it can't be launched with the gimmick activated.

Edit: I forgot there's also the Limit Break beys, but other than that everything else that requires resetting can't be launched when activated (Belial burst stopper, Raphael halo, Cho-Z burst stoppers).
There are definitely ways to word it to avoid phoenix and bullet shenanigans implicitly.

And yes I'm all for this, while it may not be intended it makes a number of parts more viable and if we can differ from the wbba by disallowing removing disk frames mid battle I don't see how exactly we couldn't justify this. I can live without it but I think it's a nice option to have!
(Apr. 04, 2023  9:01 PM)ICrazyEater Wrote: Currently there are a few parts in Burst that have modes that activate during battle and have to be manually reset. These parts include Gatling, Tempest, and Shot. My proposal is to allow these parts to be used in either their unactivated, or activated mode at the start of the battle. Currently the rules state that these parts must be reset before each battle. Gatling with the current ruling is a middling Blade, however I have done testing with it in its awakened mode and it becomes a top tier attack type part, opening up more variety for the format. Gatling in high mode is locked to its unawakened state, so it would be nice to have more variety by allowing Gatling to start in its awakened state in low mode. Shot and Tempest should also be able to be used in either state, despite not having many uses, it would make sense for them to be allowed for consistency. There is already a similar rule in the Plastics and HMS rulebook allowing Jumping Base and Jumping Base 2 to be used in their activated state. Overall I think it would be better for the format if players were allowed to use these parts in whichever state they like.

I just want to point out that Almight has a mode change, where it goes from a free-spin driver (viable for stamina/defense), to a fixed attack driver (attack-oriented, but works for defense). I feel like it should be allowed to be activated or unactivated at the start of battle because nobody is gonna notice what mode it's in until the Beyblade is launched. My thought is basically a yes for mode changes on drivers/layers to be allowed.
I personally like gimmicks like allmight and shot that require some level of controlling launch strength to get the gimmick to your desired state.
(Apr. 05, 2023  5:16 PM)lil-iz Wrote:  I just want to point out that Almight has a mode change, where it goes from a free-spin driver (viable for stamina/defense), to a fixed attack driver (attack-oriented, but works for defense). I feel like it should be allowed to be activated or unactivated at the start of battle because nobody is gonna notice what mode it's in until the Beyblade is launched. My thought is basically a yes for mode changes on drivers/layers to be allowed.
Yep, there are definitely some parts I couldn’t remember, limit break beys and almight being some of them. I’m sure there’s others I forgot as well, but this proposal would also allow those 2 to be used in either state
I think at the very least, Gatling should be freed from its current middling life. With centrifugal force gimmicks, I get having resets. But with things that require physical tabs to press into, it just seems silly to rely on the inherent randomness of the game to get it to the state you want in battle. It's not like Xiphoid Xcalibur where it needs to lose clicks in order to change, Gatling has absolutely no issues being launched in that state.