Getting Bullied in school, or other places? Tell your stories!

^That's how you do it. Bring the pain a little. XD
I honestly would have hulk smashed the twit that thought they could pick on my friend.

I'm a horrible role model, children beware.

Actually, I would have tried to intimidate them first, but that would inevitably fail as I have the body of a thermometer (the bulb being my ridiculously large feet).
The closest thing to bullying that has happened to me was some name calling, which wasn't a big deal for me. Most of them were pretty dumb anyways, so a comeback with a big word would always shut them up, haha.
Big words, the kryptonite of stupid bullies.

Intelligent responses seemed to work for me as well, though it only happened like twice.
I found the best way to counter bullying or even prevent it from starting at all was to do a few things.

1. Work out (Size DOES scare away threats)

2. Don't express your love for beyblades in public (Unfortunately we are ridiculed for our hobbies. No one has any right to, but it happens regardless)

3. Always travel in groups (Less likely to be targeted or singled out when you have a group of friends)

4. Be affable. Don't be a "troll" or any other sort of societal archetype that no one likes.

That's all I can think of so far Tongue_out
1. physical altercation is not always the best option and usually isn't even a good option, I have never fought anyone in the past 11 years outside of my athletics.

2. People shouldn't be afraid to express who they are, even if others think differently, we should always be who we want to and have confidence about it.

3.probably a good idea

4. yes, deliberately ticking people off isn't good...
No one said you had to fight. Just being of bigger stature in itself wards off threats. (It definitely does for me, being a bigger guy with broad shoulders)

Sure, that would be ideal but unfortunately that's not the way the world is. Just suck it up and keep your hobbies to yourself. Not like anyone else cares anyway (other than people who share the same hobby as you, which is what this forum is for Wink )

Edit: Though the hobby thing is subjective to your age. At the age of 16, its not exactly highly regarded to be still playing with spinning tops Tongue_out It's more of a closet thing for me.
I am just saying not to hide it, but yeah putting it out there that you like beyblade is totally up to you.

I am 5'7 so even though I am fairly muscular, many people wouldn't be "intimidated" by me especially since I don't look my age, even though I am a talented Mixed Martial Artist.

I am 18 and most of my friends know about it, but they don't really bring it up too often.
I'm 5'7 too, but look a bit older than I am. Generally people don't try anything funny around me.

I used to publicize it a lot more than I used to, but found that most of my good friends don't mind anyway. It's just THOSE guys.. you know? The ones who judge you for every thing you do cuz they're insecure too and probably closet bronies? Yeah those guys. lol

MMA? What's your weight?
Ive been bullied elementary school through middle school and i never really knew why i never had a lot of friends either before i got to middle school i was really isolated i didn't have anybody to share my interest or feelings with so i kept to myself a lot. i never spoke i was afraid that some one would tell me that i wasn't cool or my opinion dosnt matter or that no one likes you. Ive been made fun of for my hair how i dressed how i acted and even the things i liked they didn't want to give me a chance. but when i went to the 7th grade i made one of my very first friends that had the same likes as me and they didn't back stab me or pretended to be my friend. im still friends with her today i am in 9th grade and never once did she lie or betray me in any way and im glad that i have her as a friend because if i where never to meet her i would still be deep in my shell not wanting to open up for any one. and for those who are still being bullied don't worry because karma is not far behind them and focus on success cuz you'll get it and they wont Smile
(Nov. 14, 2013  6:47 AM)alucardZ Wrote: No one said you had to fight. Just being of bigger stature in itself wards off threats. (It definitely does for me, being a bigger guy with broad shoulders)

Sure, that would be ideal but unfortunately that's not the way the world is. Just suck it up and keep your hobbies to yourself. Not like anyone else cares anyway (other than people who share the same hobby as you, which is what this forum is for Wink )

Edit: Though the hobby thing is subjective to your age. At the age of 16, its not exactly highly regarded to be still playing with spinning tops Tongue_out It's more of a closet thing for me.
I'm 15, but I have to disagree with the second point. You shouldn't care what other people think, or you lose pride, dignity, individuality, freedom, and more. So what if someone plays with spinning tops, there are people ruining their lives by drinking and doing drugs and more. Don't go on the PA and proclaim your love for beyblade, but don't scramble to hide them just to hide them whenever someone is over. There's a happy medium.
(Nov. 24, 2013  4:25 AM)Oniokami Wrote: Ive been bullied elementary school through middle school and i never really knew why i never had a lot of friends either before i got to middle school i was really isolated i didn't have anybody to share my interest or feelings with so i kept to myself a lot. i never spoke i was afraid that some one would tell me that i wasn't cool or my opinion dosnt matter or that no one likes you. Ive been made fun of for my hair how i dressed how i acted and even the things i liked they didn't want to give me a chance. but when i went to the 7th grade i made one of my very first friends that had the same likes as me and they didn't back stab me or pretended to be my friend. im still friends with her today i am in 9th grade and never once did she lie or betray me in any way and im glad that i have her as a friend because if i where never to meet her i would still be deep in my shell not wanting to open up for any one. and for those who are still being bullied don't worry because karma is not far behind them and focus on success cuz you'll get it and they wont Smile

That's very true! Here's my story:
To anyone who is getting bullied, what I would do is smile, tell them a joke, and just don't let them annoy you. Bullies have just woken up on the wrong side of the bed. They use their stupid attempts to try and annoy you. Once they see they can't annoy you or make you feel bad, they will 9.9/10 stop.
Unfortunately, that's generally not true. Many times it may be an issue at home and a need for control that causes one to bully others or a similar issue that can only be fixed with professional help. I, personally, would not recommend telling a joke because a true bully would see that as you making fun of them, threatening their authority, and will only treat you worse.
(Mar. 07, 2014  6:37 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Unfortunately, that's generally not true. Many times it may be an issue at home and a need for control that causes one to bully others or a similar issue that can only be fixed with professional help. I, personally, would not recommend telling a joke because a true bully would see that as you making fun of them, threatening their authority, and will only treat you worse.

They deserve what they get. What I am saying is don't give the reaction they want. They will most likely get tired of bullying you and stop. They might even want to be your friend.
Who deserves what they get hah. That seems like a very ignorant statement to make if you were talking about the bullies.
(Mar. 07, 2014  6:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Who deserves what they get hah. That seems like a very ignorant statement to make if you were talking about the bullies.

Not giving the bullies the reaction they want is ignorant? I did not know that.
ya, for me, i have no bullies, but when i was in kindergarten and i think grade 1, those were the only times i got bullied,oh ya, i forgot, i'm pretty sure in grade 2 and 3 i got bullied as well, in grade 2 or grade 3, i remember i think a couple of kids were fighting me, and it's good i knew karate, because i was able to win the fight and get away, but who knows what i would've done if i didn't know karate! Also, then a kid put my face in the snow and i couldn't move, so somebody told, and i was so lucky for that kid who told on the bully, because i would've probably suffocated because of that, And i think those were the only times i was bullied
(Mar. 07, 2014  6:46 PM)jubksin43 Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2014  6:43 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Who deserves what they get hah. That seems like a very ignorant statement to make if you were talking about the bullies.

Saying people deserve what they get is ignorant, that's what Kai-V was saying. She's right, many bullies are abused or bullied themselves, and it is horrible to believe that anyone deserves that.
(Mar. 07, 2014  9:11 PM)Dual Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2014  6:46 PM)jubksin43 Wrote:

Saying people deserve what they get is ignorant, that's what Kai-V was saying. She's right, many bullies are abused or bullied themselves, and it is horrible to believe that anyone deserves that.
But still, he's still right
(Mar. 07, 2014  9:14 PM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2014  9:11 PM)Dual Wrote:
(Mar. 07, 2014  6:46 PM)jubksin43 Wrote: Not giving the bullies the reaction they want is ignorant? I did not know that.
But still, he's still right
Please enlighten me how child abuse and bullying is "right."
*insert condescending wonka meme*
Yo, stop arguing.
People have their problems and some may not know how to deal with them.
Well... I am not quite sure how I feel about bullies. I've been beat on quite a bit in my days, usually in the media-traditional "Shoved in a locker and book-checked daily" type of way. Throughout high school, it made my life kind of a living hell, but I never really held it against any of my bullies. (Though sometimes, I wish I had.) Most of them come from rough families, and they get beat on a lot. It's unfortunate for me, but I don't think they deserve their nigh-daily parental beatings, or their lack of parents in some cases.

Not to say it never got to me, because that would be a lie. I am not a very emotionally stable or strong person, to be honest. I still went to school and went to class, but I mostly read in the stairwell rather than go to lunch. After a while, it began to subside as the bullies began to be weeded out due to academic issues. I started becoming more popular as my test scores and debate awards got me a bit of notoriety in the school, along with playing soccer and baseball. It was pretty cool. Of course, I still wonder where all those people that talk with me now were when I was trapped in a locked locker for almost an entire lunch period, but I don't ask.

Bottom line is that bullying happens. I hate the idea, and try to call bullies whenever I see them. Usually, they are going through some tough crud, but it's no excuse. However, I try to be understanding. (It's not like I could beat them in a fight.) I avoided them, and I disliked the bullying. Do I hold animosity towards them? Nah. I wonder if I'd be the same in their shoes. That's terrifying, actually.

I am, however, subject to a bit of academic bullying every now and again, with one teacher in particular constantly telling me my opinions are not welcome, and going out of her way to exclude me from class discussions. That isn't fun at all. (I might say it's worse, because I could tell an adult about a bully. I am largely unwilling to get a teacher fired.) And compounded on being taken advantage of a lot by classmates who don't really know better, it's kinda frustrating to have insane amounts of work thrown at you simply because a teacher dislikes you. I think it's affecting my grade, but I say nothing, being a senior. No point in rocking the boat, now.
I've been in the same situation as a student. I'm in AP English 11 and we were taking a mock AP Exam, I got a 9/9 on the writing portion and usually I don't do much work and she got angry with me. From then on she's been scoring my practice essays really low.
Before you say I might just be writing bad, we wrote one about the media's role in politics and I scored a 4, that doesn't fly with me.
I had my friend write exactly what I wrote and had her turn it in, guess what?
A freaking 8.
Reaaaaalllly?
(Mar. 08, 2014  5:01 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: I've been in the same situation as a student. I'm in AP English 11 and we were taking a mock AP Exam, I got a 9/9 on the writing portion and usually I don't do much work and she got angry with me. From then on she's been scoring my practice essays really low.
Before you say I might just be writing bad, we wrote one about the media's role in politics and I scored a 4, that doesn't fly with me.
I had my friend write exactly what I wrote and had her turn it in, guess what?
A freaking 8.
Reaaaaalllly?

Teachers really do this? I mean seriously? If it's affecting your grades then just screw morals and report it to someone. Not saying they deserved to get fired but if they treat students unfairly then they aren't fit to be a teacher.

Why did she even get angry? Because you didn't do much work but just happen to be more intelligent than the others and so she believes you aren't trying to the best of your ability? Teachers are meant to help us learn and grow but what she's doing seems super counter-productive. What really annoys me is when teachers, being adults and all, can't get past their own egos and take it out on the students, it's just not on.