Bionicle Moc Thread

The Brotherhood of Makuta were their to aid Mata Nui, but Teridax decided he had enough basically.
Oh and my favorite Quote:
"Another day, another plunge underground... I'm starting to think the Great Spirit likes Onua best." ~Gali~
Haha, I remember that one. I really gotta find my old comics. I miss those things.
Oh this is a thing now?

If I get time I'll take some pictures of the various MOCs I built when I went on a major Bionicle binge (as in "this is why I am now broke" binge, haha) last year and bought a tonne of sets and parts and built a bunch of things. Was going to photograph them and post them on bzpower but I never got around to it.

Also for learning about the mythos etc: BioSector01 is pretty much the place to go. Pretty comprehensive, which is impressive given the depth of the lore. Kinda a shame that the story seems to have stopped (and at a massive cliffhanger involving a bunch of my favourite characters, no less...)
I actually have My plan for the continuation of the story, which If I ever finished my first story, would begin to develop. But even then, I want to build the last two before I start with names.
Was flicking through my archive of camera pictures, and found this: http://i.imgur.com/l10fhQG.jpg

Most of my bionicle MOC's - well, some are stock but there are a lot of MOC's in there etc. Went on a massive Bionicle kick a little over a year ago and yeah, a significant portion of that was the result haha. Actually had to stop because I was running out of space for them.
Oh hey, this thread. I still have a bunch of MOCs, and actually have all the figures I need to continue my story, but it's kind of stalling because of schoolwork and whatnot. Personally I liked BIONICLE more than Hero Factory, because the story had more depth. I remember how much it blew my mind when "The Plan" finally came together in 2008, haha. I still have most of the old manga too, though they've probably lost some of their value since they're being republished in actual books now.
I might post some of mine later. Most of them are pretty much untouched since the story ended. I remember looking at the last comic not wanting to believe it was over (and not believing it for awhile). I went into bionicle withdrawal after that XP
Hey look, there's this thread Grin

I used to love Bionicle (Until I heard they discontinued it). I also stopped because of school (getting stressed by the years). However, I did manage to create a Bionicle/Hero Factory Hybrid MOC a year ago (Main reason for HF: Skeletal Structure)

When I was making the MOC, I had 1 rule: Not to use ANY Armor pieces both from Bionicle and Hero Factory. Sure enough, I am proud of what it became:

EDIT: IMAGE IS HUGE!!
Sorry about the quality, it was night time sooo (Click to View)
(Feb. 25, 2014  5:01 AM)Dual Wrote: I might post some of mine later. Most of them are pretty much untouched since the story ended. I remember looking at the last comic not wanting to believe it was over (and not believing it for awhile). I went into bionicle withdrawal after that XP

You just described my life lol

Also, th!nk, I am super envious of your Vezon and Fenrakk/Kardas. If I could have any one set, it would DEFINITELY be that one.

Anyways, I'll try to post some pictures of my creations Grin
(Feb. 25, 2014  9:58 PM)Cake Wrote: Also, th!nk, I am super envious of your Vezon and Fenrakk/Kardas. If I could have any one set, it would DEFINITELY be that one.

I did have one of those, I also had Axxon, but never the gold one (forgot the name, I think it was Bruticus or something)

Problem was I was a child of massive, destructive creation... in other words, I ripped them both apart to make more, unrelated MOCS. Although it was fun, I regret it till this day cause of the potential of having one of them still intact -.-
It was the Kardas set, but yeah, it's basically three amazing sets from what may be my favourite year of bionicle with regards to the large sets (not a fan of the small sets from that year - my favourite lines were probably the Bohrok and Rahkshi, even with them being mostly identical, there's something special about them for me, presumably nostalgia, and on the Toa side of things I adored the Hordika - Vakama Hordika was the first thing I ever ordered online - I think my mother had to sign up to ebay/paypal for it, because it wasn't in stores here. A lot of nostalgia there. That said if I had to choose a year I thought was the best, it'd probably be 07, the Barraki and Toa Mahri were really neat, all of them with nicely varied designs (some very interesting/unusual stuff on the former) while still looking cohesive.)
Axonn is my favourite of them - loved that set the moment I saw it, I just love the design and elements of it have featured heavily in a bunch of my MOC's - the white one standing next to the actual Axonn set there is basically a clone of the design with a bunch of modifications to make it look lankier/less squat, using the Axe as a shield (I think it's configured a little differently to the Kardas set), and a kinda "freeze gun" for a weapon - I built it as a dark hunter but the design and how much I liked how it came out changed the silly little backstory I had for it. The Axonn that is there has been partswapped to remove the red (replaced with black), add additional armor, and the tip of his axe was changed to the weapon from the Black Rahkshi as I really like that piece and after the color change it seemed to fit better. The one in the centre of it all (which has changed a little, though the main thing is just to a sword instead of the staff) uses that lovely hand design, alongside a bunch of other parts I always wanted to use in an MOC (Boss Roborider "Block" pieces and original Toa Torsos for limbs - upper arms/legs respectively, and Bohrok torsos for feet), though the design has changed slightly I think since then (some minor part changes and now it has a sword instead, one I build and really liked but found a bit long for most of the smaller models that looked nice with this one).

Ended up merging Brutaka and Fenrakk together into one model after I removed the Axonn from it to build the white guy I mentioned (which started out as a white axonn to compliment the black one because I had a lot of spare white pieces), along with some of the extra red parts I had left over (and later some I bought off bricklink or which came in some of the sets I bought more recently). It looks a bit goofy with the head coming off the shoulder like that but it was something I did years ago and with a little tinkering I ended up really liking the thing, and I think it adds a more uh "fused against their will" vibe to the model than "chained to a giant spider" does anyhow.

Anyway, those being my favourite sets and characters, you can probably guess how I feel about where the story stopped being updated, and it didn't help that I really disliked the snap-together design of most of the Hero factory stuff that was around when I got back into Bionicle (though I did like some of the heads and some of the earlier ones had those nice reinforced socket joints - very useful for larger MOCs), and I'm someone who preferred most of the later, more action-figure-y bionicle designs (the later small sets were too simple, but they were small sets). But then perhaps that only makes it worse - I can see that it was a step along the path to Hero Factory.
If I get around to getting them out again, I'll try to get pictures of some of my favourite ones - I do have a couple out still, but they need a bit of dusting etc and I'm kinda busy with Beyblade stuff right now.

(Surprise! Beyblade isn't the only thing I can ramble on endlessly about Tongue_out)
Due to my miniscule allowance, I wasn't really able to get many early sets; in fact I first started getting the LEGO magazine when the Hordika thing was starting - I really wanted to get some Visorak (which, thanks to a collector friend who sold me part of his massive collection of early Bionicle, I now have) but I could never afford them. I wound up buying Piraka Thok as my first Bionicle, as well as a bunch of extra zamor sphere reloads (Which, thankfully, I still have - those dark grey and gold spheres are really handy for the similarly-colored MOC's I tend to build). Later, I also got a complete Tahnok from a cousin, even with the pod-case-hanging-thing (though sadly the kraata's missing). Mahri completely passed me by (though I would give a plastic arm and a leg for Maxilios), and I didn't buy anything until Phantoka - at which point I got Toa Ignika and the gigantic Takanuva. I bought a whole bunch of stuff from the Bara Magna sets too, and I retroactively bought things via Ebay, and by going to the local K-Mart, which is notorious for never removing stock from shelves - BIONICLE had ended (post-"Stars") and I was still able to get a Vamprah, Phantoka Kopaka, and the Rockoh T3 that they had lying around somehow.

dats me life story thank you for listening kthxbai
Sorry for bumping this thread after more than a year, but with BIONICLE's return in 2015 and the fact that I'm posting new MOCs I thought it was relevant. WARNING:LARGE IMAGES

Alderbaan (Click to View)

Abyss, Gazir, and Krakatoa (Click to View)

Any questions/comments/criticisms?
Loving the mix of old Bio with CCBS- pretty solid builds, overall.

Really like first 2 especially- my only word of advice/feedback for the first one would be to potentially use different feet. I think the black on the feet stands out a bit too much from the overall color scheme. Other than that tiny nitpick, everything is pretty cool. Tongue_out
I like how you named one after the volcano that has toa in it. THey are very nice, but on Draco, I thin you should have distributed more yellow on them. Here's some stuff I made(as always, comments help).
http://imgur.com/a/Bv3ew
http://imgur.com/a/WsVwq
Wombat

I don't mean to come off as mean or anything, but I think your builds are too simple.
I'd highly encourage custom built torsos, and appendages. Inika build reliance is never good creatively.
@earthwolf1404: I really like the Akamai MOC, I was actually disappointed that the 2015 Toa didn't have similar combination models, but you pulled it off really well. The hand is a pretty unique idea too.

Neo: is this better? It was my first real attempt at a "competitive" MOC.

Thankyou very much! I love the custom feet and the arm cannon. My Only advice is back armor in case he doesn't have any.